Kanye West attempts Death Grips: The Album

Kanye West attempts Death Grips: The Album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mj3QHpdFokw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can't be since death grips is garbage

I'm a huge Death Grips fan and I must say that Yeezus does everything better than they do. Kanye sounds legitimately pissed and disturbed while Ride often times sounds too ironic and self-aware, like it's all just a joke. The only DG album that comes close to surpassing Yeezus is NOTM.

I KEEP IT 300
LIKE THE ROMANS
300 BITCHES
WHERE THE TROJANS

Didn't Kanye say something like "We need to make an album that doesn't sound like any other hip-hop record. And if it does, our shit is going to be way bigger and it'll drown it out"

Obviously it was different but something like that.

More like his attempt at Saul Williams. Why do you fags compare everything to DG anyway, you're like a fucking YouTube comment section.

Honestly if you like any of these artists then you need reevaluate your standards and maybe educate yourself on musical theory.

As always retards here will say stupid shot when this comes up. He was inspired by Saul Williams since they worked together on a song and was even asking about Trent's light setup.
youtu.be/mj3QHpdFokw

Shit*

It blows my mind that somebody let him keep this

Daily reminder Yeezus is garbage and shouldn't be defended at all.

Yeah because Death Grips are the only people to ever make abrasive rap music

I just talked to Jesus
He said, "What up, Yeezus?"
I said, "Shit I'm chillin'
Tryna stack these millions"

Yeezus is as similar to Death Grips as Death Grips is similar to Grimes: occasional textures might remind you of it, but overall it's not that alike
the 'Yeezus is the Death Grips rip-off'' meme was obviously made by people who haven't listened to much hip hop in their lifes, and the 'Death Grips is groundbreaking, avant-garde, etc' is obviously just an image to sell

except Kanye is much better and versatile. call me when DG make something like Blood on the Leaves

Far from it, but they did make it extremely trendy in the climate that Yeezus came out in

friendly reminder this is better then any death grips album

>Extremely trendy
>One million views on YouTube
>Comparing that to Yeezus.
Wow, very trendy. Not to mention that was because of shit memes.

This

Still managed to be utter garbage, just like everything in Kanye's discography.

this desu, kanye is literally slavic rap tier of bad

I hate when faggots make retarded ass screencaps like this, because first of all, you're wrong, and second of all, it's obvious as fuck you're the guy who made the post because nobody would be bothered to save it otherwise.

Yeezus is sonically a clear progression of the sound Kanye was striving for with Watch the Throne (a release which coincided with DG-debut) as well as an amalgam of the production styles of Travis Scott, Arca, Daft Punk, and Kanye himself. Apart from the abrasive aspects it sounds virtually nothing like Death Grips whose aesthetic is derived from a broader variety of sources.

This.

Death Grips wouldn't make a track like Guilt Trip or Bound 2 or Blood on the Leaves so retarded comparison

Really the only comparison are 2 tracks, which are On Sight and I am a God. Everything else is not the same, and the themes of the album are different. It is weak comparison.