Why did he jump on the hip hop bandwagon...

Why did he jump on the hip hop bandwagon? I mean giving such big ratings and really high spots on Best of year lists to hip hop albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIFibkS_NDY
youtube.com/watch?v=DL4Ni_6FGcg
youtube.com/watch?v=_srvHOu75vM
youtu.be/1cZuqfX5Z_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because he likes them hiphop records?

$$$$$$$$$
none of his fans give a fuck about non hip hop/pop releases
compare his ratings

jump? he was always into hip hop

because Sup Forums did it first

That's cause hip hop is and has been the most interesting genre in music for like the past 10 years.

Also anthony is someone who enjoys lyrics and you can't find more creative or clever lyrics anywhere else, most other people sing about the most random shit, or sing in metaphors and poetically and shit like that, blah blah they boring as shit.

Because this decade has seen a massive resurgence in the genre in regards to critical respect, so in turn, more hip hop reviews = more ad revenue. And he does seem to have a genuine passion for the genre, so more power to him desu

because a rock/electronic bandwagon would be inherently better right? i swear you guys are like bitter 5 year olds.

sun kil moon has better lyrics than any rapper
pls fuc off

What does he think about people saying "nibba"? I enjoy this word a lot.

This is Fantano's old last.fm

As you can see, he listens to a lot of hip hop and always has

He gives popular rappers like Kodak, Uzi, XXX, Lil Peep and so on awful ratings. His only positive hip-hop scores were given to Jay-Z (an 8) and Brockhamptom (a 9 and an 8). That's it. For the most part he actually shits on hip-hop.

I don't get Sup Forumss fascination with him. Are you people really so insecure you need your tastes validated by everyone and some YouTuber giving a bad score changes your life? Do you go around reeeeeing at anyone who doesn't share your tastes in real life too?

they really don't lawl

>they
holy shit you are retarded

Dumb newfag, the thing about Fantano is that he started as a Sup Forumstant that decided to go into YouTube music reviewing. Basically, he's one of us and Sup Forumstants often discuss its users.

I'm well aware he's from Sup Forums and probably still browses. Doesn't male the pathetic whining any better. The threads I see discussion of him are pretty rare, especially in contrast to at least one "fantano is a cuck he didn't like [album]" thread every day.

Not everyone here is into Sup Forums hivemind, user.

>Basically, he's one of us and Sup Forumstants often discuss its users.
no he's not. you're a loser with no job or career. hes successful

being a self-published reviewer is worthless

its worth more than your life.
millions of people watch him. nobody watches you

Wrong bitch

I don’t give a fuck who you are or where you live. You can count on me to be there to bring your fucking life to a hellish end. I’ll put you in so much fucking pain that it’ll make Jesus being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a fucking back massage on a tropical island. I don’t give a fuck how many reps you have or how tough you are IRL, how well you can fight, or how many fucking guns you own to protect yourself. I’ll fucking show up at your house when you aren’t home. I’ll turn all the lights on in your house, leave all the water running, open your fridge door and not close it, and turn your gas stove burners on and let them waste gas. You’re going to start stressing the fuck out, your blood pressure will triple, and you’ll have a fucking heart attack. You’ll go to the hospital for a heart operation, and the last thing you’ll see when you’re being put under in the operating room is me hovering above you, dressed like a doctor. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chest waiting to go off. You’ll recover fully from your heart surgery. And when you walk out the front door of the hospital to go home I’ll run you over with my fucking car out of no where and kill you. I just want you to know how easily I could fucking destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but how I’d rather go to a great fuckng length to make sure your last remaining days are spent in a living, breathing fucking hell. It’s too late to save yourself, but don’t bother committing suicide either… I’ll fucking resuscitate you and kill you again myself you bitch-faced phaggot. Welcome to hell, population: you

Other way around, you faggot.

This is the only reason. Full stop. I actually can't believe that some of you pull the "most innovative genre" card when it's clear that's not the reason why Fantano does so much hip hop. I mean, fuck's sake, he reviews basically every middling to garbade hip hop album out there - give me a fucking break with the innovative garbage.

i mean, a lot of those review are really negative, so using views and ad revenue as a reason for him liking hip hop really doesnt make any sense at all

not when your the most relevant music critic in the world

It's relevant, it's exciting, it's evolving. There's a lot to dig into in hip-hop. Even if you don't like the music you have to admit this.

This is a joke, right? Almost nobody knows who melon is.

How does Fantano's cock taste like

Because it would be stupid to assume he just likes a genre, right?

name one music critic more well known

>can't find more creative or clever lyrics anywhere else
>99% of the time talks about doing drugs having sex and making money
is this bait or are you just retarded?

Because he likes hip-hop, and can see the respective quality of the albums.

>assumes that's all hip hop talks about when he's probably listened to 4 rap songs.
is this bait or are you just retarded?

Find me more than 10 rappers that are relative to the scene (that means more people than you and their parents knowing of them) whose lyrics are not about
>them being rich
>them doing drugs
>them fucking women
>them licking their own arse
>KILL WHITEYY
i'll wait

>The kill whitey meme
Literally no hip hop I know does that.

Kendrick Lamar
Common
Little Brother
Isaiah Rashad
Kanye West (occasionally)
J Cole
Lupe Fiasco
Joey Bada$$
Digable Planets
The Roots

>As you can see, he listens to a lot of hip hop and always has
I actually can't

How come? Sight issues?

there are like a handful of hip hop artists on that list, not even close to "a lot"

Fucking this. Also because a large majority of his comment section that does talk about music only ask if he'll review some garbage tier new hip hop.

Can you not relate to any of those things? lul

He knows his audience well

Because it gets him approved and more views and therefore more income.

you just got btfo by now go back to Sup Forums, cumskin, or Sup Forums

Migos
French Montana
A$APFerg
Russ
Nicki Minaj
Lil Wayne
Danny Brown
Wiz Khalifa
The Weeknd
Gucci Mane
Young Thug
Quavo
50 Cent
Kendrick Lamar
Kanye West
DJ Khaled
Chance the Rapper
Nas
RZA
GZA
Method Man
Raekwon
Ghostface Killah
Inspectah Deck
U-God
Masta Killa
Cappadonna
Arabian Prince
DJ Yella
Dr. Dre
Eazy-E
Ice Cube
MC Ren
Machine Gun Kelly
Tyga
2 Chainz
Playboi Carti
Iggy Azalea
Lil Yachty
Soulja Boy
Jay Z
Drake
Hopsin
Macklemore
Kid Cudi
Snoop Dogg
Biggie
Prodigy
Havoc
MC Ride
Scarface
B-Real
Run the Jewels
All the butt rap i could come up with just off the top of my head. There is good rap out there, but it is a tiny minority. Overall rap, and hip hop in general, is very much inferior to every other genre of music.

how bout i go back to work so the government can afford your welfare checks, how's that sound daquan?

Lol, what do you want artists to sing about? That they're sad because a girl broke up with them? Or maybe how they're depressed?

Pure, unadultered hedonism>>>>>>whiteys whining about life

not true, listen to more music

>unadultered hedonism
I would say it's actually adultered hedonism, too much brand references.

You're evading my question, dawg

oh, I wasn't the same guy you were having the convo with, just thought the whole unadultered thing was off

he had a black girlfriend

hip hop is the top genre for the first time in the history of charts

imagine taking rap seriously enough that you actually critique it like it's art

you do realize the top rap songs are literally niggers sad about their gfs and wanting to kill themselves

i mean one song literally is titled the fucking phone number for the suicide prevention hotline

literally 4 days ago talked about jazz

youtube.com/watch?v=zIFibkS_NDY

>any one from the wu
>Danny
>Thugger
>Kendrick
>Kanye
>Nas
>Dre
>ice cube
>prodigy
>havoc
>scarface
>run the jewels
>biggie
Imagine having such terrible opinions

>>any one from the wu
>literally only rap about killing each other and how the police hates them for no reason
>>Danny
>literally only raps about doing drugs and fucking chicks
>>Thugger
>Literally only raps about how rich and awesome he is
>>Kendrick
>half his songs he raps about how big his dick is
>>Kanye
>literally only raps about how amazing he is
>>Nas
literally only raps about how amazing a gangster he is
>>Dre
literally only raps about how great a gangster he is
>>ice cube
>>prodigy
>>havoc
>>scarface
>>run the jewels
bullshit lyrics all across the board
>>biggie
>Imagine having such terrible opinions
yeah, imagine actually liking these people

Literally anything that doesn't have to do with your bullshit hedonistic lifestyle, no person above the age of 14 or with an IQ above 100 can possibly enjoy these lyrics
Funnily enough niggers average an IQ of 80 and most whites that are into hiphop are drug abusing degenerates with the mentalities of 14 year olds, so this checks out

You do know what the word literally means right?

Either way how much of their stuff have you actually heard?

This
Not this

youtube.com/watch?v=DL4Ni_6FGcg
yeah man hes tottally not talking about being a great gangsta
unicorns and shit

LOL this faggot thinks his rock music is high art

>Nas
>literally only raps about how amazing a gangster he is
This is the silliest shit I've read in a while but I'll give you one counter-example
youtube.com/watch?v=_srvHOu75vM
LITERALLY the best hip hop track ever recorded. Explain where he brags about being a gangster

Also what's wrong with gangster-esque lyrics? If you want to call all these artists shit then the burden of proof

ALL genres have lyrical themes that run through them, do you think you're clever for just now realizing this?

Didn't single them out specifically.
You dodged the question.

>Also what's wrong with gangster-esque lyrics? If you want to call all these artists shit then the burden of proof
Empty. Boring. Tasteless. More of the same. Hearing about how your gang is the greatest doesn't interest anyone any more than listening to the sounds of the sewers. By anyone, of course, I mean people above the age of 14, with the IQ of at least 100.
>ALL genres have lyrical themes that run through them, do you think you're clever for just now realizing this?
Only hiphop is so bent on praising gangsters and hedonistic lifestyles. In literally all other genres, the lyrics vary from politics to philosophy to relationships, by the same artist most of the time. Even in metal there is greater variety in the lyrics than rap. In rap it's just narcissism, narcissism, narcissism.

i've listen to more hip hop than your lyfe

You're fudgin obsessed with IQ, maybe you should start talking to other people face to face (besides your mom)

this, he even mentioned it during this

youtu.be/1cZuqfX5Z_g

I am inclined to agree with this poster, I have tried listening to the most acclaimed hip hop albums of all time expecting them to be different and it's ALWAYS the same themes which only dumb you down and bore you.

what's your favorite album

>[genre I like] is superior to [genre i don't like]
>No way to prove this

when will this meme fucking end

>Hearing about how your gang is the greatest
>In 2017

confirmed never listened to hip hop, or is just too retarded to understand anything that isn't white people singing about girls they'll never talk to

also tpab and gkmc + the new tyler album and basically and hiphop of substance that sounds good

Hahahahaha

>insecure
>goes on mu to be elitist while at boring IT job

Holy shit do kids on Sup Forums really believe this

amen

>them being rich
>them doing drugs
>them fucking women
there are many many many more topics that rappers rap about. but those are the big three. add emotional outbursts to that as well. a lot of rappers do tracks where they're just feeling some type of way and let a bunch of shit off their chests. the topics might be similar, but everyone has their own perspective to them. additionally, drugs, women, and money are the most important topics in the world. everything revolves around them in one way or another. and everyone has their own relationship with them, and perspective. compare a kanye track about sex to a kendrick track. totally different.

isn't that the guy who sings about crab cakes and vaginas
literally a meme

cumskin?

hahahaha do you even realize how dumb you sound ?

How do you not see how autistic this perspective is?
>if you browse a sight all of your sensibilities must reflect that of the site and you are thenceforth defined by it

Fantano is a pretty bad reviewer with pretty bad taste and a highly over-inflated opinion of himself and his status, but he's not a trend hopper or just trying to appease his audience. His ratings are his real opinions. The guy just likes hiphop music. He always has.

>but he's not a trend hopper or just trying to appease his audience.
again not true. you could easily skip rating shit like lil peep. but he does it for easy money
still refused to review elseq
oh i wonder why. because its a long album that takes time to digest.
he wants quick cash and hip hop is the easiest way atm. not saying he dislikes it either

He follows his interests. He specifically said he was procrastinating elseq because he wasn't sure he wanted to sit down and listen to hours of Autechre. Shitty opinion, great release, but that's just how he feels.

Meanwhile, he's always been reviewing every notable hiphop release. Like him or hate him (I hate him, personally), but Lil Peep is notable.

>. He specifically said he was procrastinating elseq because he wasn't sure he wanted to sit down and listen to hours of Autechre
why did u repeat what i said in more words?

Because you're implying like he's doing it for monetary reasons. "I can make more this week if I only review short meme releases instead of more obscure long releases."

He just reviews what he personally wants to. I dislike him and his 3 channels but he's not a sellout or phony.

imagine claiming to have an interest in music and yet never being able to enjoy anything except for lyricism..... you know poetry exists right?