Tl;dr how do yo tell when someones talking bullshit on this site

>tl;dr how do yo tell when someones talking bullshit on this site

Hi folks, i am a private investigator.

I was contracted to verify the plausibility of a sizable dump of messages posted here by an individual now incarcerated and no longer active on the site.
I have not figured out how to reliably sort messages into a) descriptions of real activities and b) hoaxes/bragging.
Can you give me a clue which obvious signs of role-play or real events i should be looking for? Right now, i am faced with too many conflicting stories and no idea about how to even spot the relevant ones.

In exchange for your suggestions, i shall post some nekkid women. I was instructed this is accepted as a somewhat cheap, but nevertheless welcome form of payment here.

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

I have browsed a few other threads over the last week and there often seems to be a consensus about some message being fiction, but i usually cannot tell why other users on this site thought so.
If i was able to do that, i could easily verify the remaining messages with real world evidence.
How do i spot the falsehoods?

People on this site seem to be very good at it, judging from other responses like
>nice meme
>this is a fish
>youre trying too hard
>samefag
and such

Well, I could post something like

"I killed my sister and after raping her dead body, I cut her into pieces and made a stew out of her that I fed to her grieving family at the funeral"

Though that would obviously have some evidence behind it, so more concerning would be a statement like

"I voted for Donald Trump because I like war and people who have tension and hate between them"

This statement could be true but can not be validated, so it is up to the idiot reading it to decide if it is valid. Generally the statements are entertained as true, but not held as fact past the conversation.

I think the main issue is that you are a very shitty PI if you can not discern truth from bullshit.

Let the trained authorities do their job kid.

This will never be a meme you tryhard fish.

Looking for an excuse to use that image huh?

>I think the main issue is that you are a very shitty PI if you can not discern truth from bullshit.
I am better and speaking to people and watching how they act with certain information.
These internet culture intermingled themes are new, but a bad PI would have said "thats beyond my expertise" yet i am willing to dig into this until i have some sort of expertise in it.

>Let the trained authorities do their job kid.
The trained authorities pretty much failed their job on this one. Or maybe they didnt, maybe it wasnt really necessary to figure out the whole truth and the effort would have been tax income wasted for criminals. They catched the criminals and got them into prison. But the truth matters, to some, even more than punishment.

The statements i cam concerned with are all theoretically verifiable (in most extreme cases: digging and determining whether a corpse is hidden at some stated coordinates).

Here you go nigger. Its posted at the top of the page.

>>tl;dr how do yo tell when someones talking bullshit on this site
When they're saying they're not shit.

>implies in OP that he's a newcomer to Sup Forums
>greentexts in all responses
Fuck off with your bait, sunshine.......
>This is a fish

>how do yo tell when someones talking bullshit on this site

When someone types anything at all.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

How would you investigate anything when 99.99% of the time you'd need an IP from Sup Forums and then account info from provider to even begin to figure out where to look

>and there often seems to be a consensus about some message being fiction
>4 unique posters, in a thread of 100, agree and you accept this as evidence one way or another
How are you certain any of those were actually real/fake? You aren't. Welcome to Sup Forums. Lurk moar. A real PI would know their limits and accept it when they realize they're on a wild goose chase.
This.
The only way to corroborate any of these stories is with outside evidence that corresponds to the post-time. Even then you can't be sure the OP didn't just witness a crime and decide to LARP about it on Sup Forums or wherever.

There are two ways to spot bullshit stories.

First... if it has a ">" and greentext, it's a bullshit story.

Second, if it does NOT have a ">" and greentext, then it too is a bullshit story.

I am fairly sure that whatever Police Department of NewGenericNameTown, USA had to go through exactly zero hassle in acquiring the data, because i have yet to see evidence of american police officers being proficient with internet matters to a larger degree than i am.

>know their limits and accept it when they realize they're on a wild goose chase
quite the contrary, running after dead ends is what i am expected to do.
and i dont intend to give up on this one simply because i have to dig through thousands of posts.
i just hope i could find a better way of discarding the obvious ones.

what proved useful so far was googling phrases and discarding those that turn out to be song/movie references or repeatedly copy pasted texts that must have existed for years.

does "greentext" have any special meaning on this site?
i just figured its used for formatting like in emails
it gets automatically inserted when i click reply and have something selected.

(i have read the knowyourmeme article on green text stories, it does not the least explain why green text carries a meaning beyond quoting or storytelling)