I have $30,000, enough money to buy a few acres of land

I have $30,000, enough money to buy a few acres of land...

Any ideas on what I can do with the land to make money out of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081386/Miami-man-refuses-1-8million-offer-house-sacred-ground.html
youtu.be/qQTVuRrZO8w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grow weed.

Trust me I 100% would, but it is illegal in my state. And even in legal states I'm sure it's illegal to grow that number of plants too.

this and poppys

grow opium

Do it anyways.

Buy some slaves and do farm work on it. Slaves are much cheaper than hired labor.

If you live far from a legal state, such as in NJ.... Just buy the land in a legal state such as California.

Hire a few illegal Mexicans to grow the weed for you in your land. Pay them 5 bucks an hour.

Buy a plane ticket to fly to your land and harvest the plants every few months. Sell to dispenseries.

Its an absentee owned business.

>pay them 5 bucks and hour
they will steal the product this way

sell it

Bury a couple of hollowed out school busses (ass to ass using the fire escape rear doors to connect) and use the fire escape top hatch as an entry point to your new underground grow room for mushrooms and marijuana.

i own 40 acres of land in montana, its only worth 2000.

>$30,000
That's about 60 acres in Montana.

5 bucks an hour for an illegal Mexican is like hitting the lottery for them bro

30,000 is not enough to buy acres you lying jackass.

here, thank me later

where can you buy a few acres of land for that cheap?

....what kind of shit land r u going to buy? 30k isnt much if its farm land. even timber, that isnt alot of money for.

30k is like a dirt patch full of shit.

>Montana

The state where literally 95% of land is vacant.

Its understan why it's so cheap there. Literally no one lives in Montana, and it's so vast and vacant

2000 bucks won't even buy you 1 acre of land near a city.... They go around 3300 an acre.

dude, land is sooo fucking cheap over there.

$400,000 AUD for a small block of land and a shitty home here in Melbourne Australia.

Grains and hops
Build a brewery w/ bar
Make beer
Sell beer

plant lots of heroin and cocaine trees.

I donĀ“t know how does it works in usa, but here in spain you can place a few wind-power generator, and the correspondent government/company pays you 6000$ per month for each one.

>pic related

30,000 is enough to buy land the size of multiple football fields

and when i say small block of land, i mean not even half an acre

Not bad

>Just buy the land in a legal state such as California.
>30,000
>Buy
>California
>Land
>30,000
>Buy

OP Will have just enough land to grow his 10 plants, one on top of the other.

look at this guy knowing price of land in cali
what a nerd

>buy mobile home in cheap state

>transport mobile home to your acre

>sell the land and mobile home for a high profit

Make sure the land has access / rights to water.

Explain?

Real talk, Buy an apartment if you can, and just rent it out. Passive income is how you get rich.
And if not, buy something close to that. Even a front house/back house thing, where you live in one house and rent the other out, it'll typically pay for itself if you had to get a mortgage on it, let alone buying it outright.

try to start a thread on Sup Forums, for some reason, regarding said 30K that you don't have.

Yeah... After 20 years...

I guess what I meant is that you'd live 'rent free' if someone rented from it. But at the end of it, you own the place!

But hey I'm a real estate salesperson in California, that kind of money will get you a down payment on a condo in the city. Hit me up if you want to move over here Sup Forumsro

Give me the money so I can go to college

Get a job lazy faggot

So you're saying someone can get a mortgage on say a 200k house,

Have tenants live in it for 1500 a month let's say, and you'll basically have a free house in under 3 years?

I can screen cap if you'd like, although it's a retarded reason to lie.

Buy some of that empty land in Montana and rent it to Sup Forumstards who want their own ethnostate. Just make sure they pay you in crypto currency.
Every few days they make a thread about raising money to buy land somewhere

Buy a few acres and have it deemed religious so you don't have to play taxes. Claim your a monarchist with the christian belief of divine right.
Proclaim yourself king and build a manor, and offer people to come live there in exchange for farming and such (Look up manorialism)

make it a bitcoin mine...

I mean as long as you qualify for the loan. Like, an alright credit score and proof of income: making approx 2x what the monthly payment would be. And 20% for the down payment, which 30k would cover for something ...alright.

1500 a month, against whatever you still owe on that mortgage. Expect at least 50% of that to go back in the place as maintenance, but yeah. Once you own the place outright, all that extra is straight into your pocket, pretty much

Buy nigger slaves and make them work for ur sugar farm

>So you're saying someone can get a mortgage on say a 200k house,
>Have tenants live in it for 1500 a month let's say, and you'll basically have a free house in under 3 years?
yeah make that 60 years

Not bad... About the religious thing... Nice idea.

>$30,000
>buy land

Do you live in somalia?

i doubt very much that you can buy a $200,000 house and rent it out for $1500 a month.

Slaves aren't cheaper than hired labor. You have to feed and house them, preforn regular maintenance, and deal with derision. Don't say stupid shit, you dumb fucking nigger. Spic illegals are cheaper than slaves.

Oh wait I misread. Yeah. 30k is a little shy for the 20% typical down payment, toss in an extra 10k if you can.
If you're buying a place to make it an investment property, they'll make sure the rent covers the monthly payment. They'll sit you down and do the math with you, it all makes sense. It's pretty much how all rental properties are done.

Some spray painted shit.

Build a prison on it.

Try nyc. Lots of 1 bedrooms and occasional 2 bedrooms for 200k. They rent out for 1300-1500. Not that uncommon really.

Melbourne has a huge urban sprawl. you have to go out past Lilydale and into the freakin' Dandenong mountain ranges before you're out of it.

I see.. Thanks a lot for the info my dude. I'll look into it an a possible alternative for land.

Storage lot
People need storage
Bonus your lot could be used for storage wars

So you're telling me land is expensive inside one of the two cities on the continent? DUDE

I've got about 90k worth of excess land. No real way to make money out of it other than selling it later, unless you plan on farming or something.

Storage could cost upwards 1 million bucks to build. Construcito isn't cheap my dude... Plus no reason for someone to use it as storage when there already are many storage places in the inner cities for cheap

Have the field surrounded by 5-10 yards of pinetree so it looks like a square forest but then with a hole in the middle.

Also you could keep alpacas. Bitches love alpacas.

Solar energy farm. Or do something fun like a paintball/archery/shooting range, dirtbike track etc and turn it into a business of some sort

Where the fuck is $30,000 enough to buy acres of land?
A small house with no backyard costs a Million fucking dollars where I live
(Vancouver canada)

Land has literally only gone up and up and up in the last decades... Never really had a significant drop. It'll only get more expensive. So keep that land for a rainy payday

No problem man! It's good practice for me too.
Just an example, looking at a place that cost 200k, that would rent for, idk 1000/month.

20% of 200k is 40k, and that gets knocked off the price immediately: 200k - 40k = 160k. That's how much loan you need.
160k loan x apr (approx 5%) 160k x 1.05 = 168k. This is how much you need to pay back.

Now we take that number and divide it by how long a usual loan goes for. Monthly payments across 30 years. 168k/ ( 30 years x 12 months ) = $466.67 dollars a month to pay off the mortgage.

Now if that place rents for 1k, then you have more than half of that to do repairs and buy crack! It pays for itself, and then some. And! after 30 years, you own it free and clear, and you get all of that 1k rent into your pocket, minus expenses.

grew quite a big patch of weed illegally. do it.

>land in Canada sells average of 50k per acre
>this does not include a house

It's really nice scenic land too, I'm over in NC and the land is near a lot of the ski mountains and not too far from town, road is close enough to it and it has plenty of lumber to sell off of it as well.
Looked up the price back in 2014, I should probably see what it's worth now.

It'll only drop in price when extra land on Mars would become available

Buy like 20 acres and you can have yourself a good crab farm. Just make sure you have enough grass for them to feed on. Other than that you just need to build some crabs huts for them like a chicken coop. If you put say ten little crabpartments they'll just figure out the rooming situation themselves and you can just leave them alone in there they even clean it themselves. Then you can just charge them rent every month they're usually pretty good tenants. And don't worry about buying the crabs themselves if you build it they'll come. A nice crab condo is pretty hard to come by in today's economy.

We'll in 30 years I'm sure that 1k will be like 3k with time who knows lol, as long as it's in a highly needed location such as in Manhattan or something.

Thanks for the help again, screencapped. Also there's no way I'm paying 466 a month, I have no problems paying like 4000 a month to get it done quicker. I make 6k a month if I bust my ass and work 70 hour weeks, so it's no problem for me.

Thanks again my dude... Valuable info.

Thanks

This is actually a dream of mine, but forever poor and might die of dental problems. In a months so, if you do it, live on for me.

Build an underground self sufficient bunker.
Live in it.
Absolute freedom.

you want passive income. I did the real estate thing and sold all my houses at the end, owner financed.. so around 11 houses around 150,000 each for 15 years at 10%. great way to make money back in the day not anymore. too many people got into it

I am still moving my money into stocks.. check out etfs and just make a vast portfolio. but if you want income I would suggest MORL. people dont like it but i say a 20% to 50% return every year is fucking nice.

so lets put those 30,000 into it you will make 6,000 to 15,000 a year. so minimum 500 a month. next year reinvest it all back. more money. no loan no debt no hassle. also it pays monthly.

also no taxes on that god damn property. here in texas I pay around 10,000 a year for my house. Thinking of moving to colorado.

You know there is someone who did exactly what you said? This guy owned this tiny plot of land for many many years and he believes he found a shrine for the native Americans.

Its a small plot of land and the city offered him 2 million dollars to move out to build skyscrapers, he said no.

So they builded the city around him. He said he won't sell it no matter what

Let me see if I can find the link

lol

No problem! again, a local real estate associate will go through the steps with ya. I might be low-balling a bit, since I'm kinda new, but hey, it's always a lot more attainable than most people think.

Ishmael Bermudez

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081386/Miami-man-refuses-1-8million-offer-house-sacred-ground.html

This picture is the ancient egyptian hieroglyph for white trash stoned moron

where tf i find this

Yeah infertile, dry, pieces of shit.

ill give you 3,000

where. i cant find any that cheap

dirt patches go for as little as $500/acre

>dailymail
May as well just pick words out of a hat and you'd get a better factual story.

Bump for interest

That's enough to buy an acre and a half at most of farm land. Fuck off.

put a whorehouse on it

Yo, it's me again: upon review I did some kinda janky math. the monthly payment is more like $850, give or take. Still seems like that's well within a prospective monthly rent of that place if you rented it out, or well within your budget if you wanted to live in it. Cheers!

This guy's an idiot, don't listen to him. You need to make a minimum of 1% a month to make any money off a rental property. 1,500 off a 200k house is going to loose you money. Plus if you do not have any XP in craftsmanship you will have to hire work out and you will realize your 500 a month isn't shit. You also do not spend a goddamn dime of that money unless your house needs it. Think of how long it takes to find good renters, how long and hard it can be to get rid of bad ones, the time it takes to fix and clean up the house before you can rent again. You make money when you buy a rental property not when you rent it dumbass.

Grow fucking corn you fag.

youtu.be/qQTVuRrZO8w

your pic is the first step . use 1 or 2 acres for a self sufficient farmstead , plant an orchard , sow tons of herbs and heirloom vegetables to sell as tea/herbal medicine and for seeds or sell the harvest directly at a farmers market if you have such a thing in your area.

Yo it's me, the idiot.
Yes you're totally right, it does help to have experience in home repair to be a effective landlord. I grew up around it, so I forget to really mention it. Getting good tenants is very important. It may take a minute to find them, but once they're in, it's somewhat in everyone's best interest to keep each other happy.
If the monthly payment is the approx 850 a month I re-figured out, hopefully he can rent it out for 1500 a month. If a good tenant is in, the costs would usually be kept low and the rest goes into his pocket. even if he still rented for 1k, he has 15% profit, which is cutting it close, unless you're a handyman.The ~50% margin is typically recommended if you want some cash now, as opposed to when it's paid off.

>1 or 2 acres
>self sufficient
Subsistence farming on that little bit of land is suicide.

Buy acreage in southern Illinois. Rent it to hunters. Make bank.

I have a house worth 150k and rent it for 800/month

the ``free house`` comes in after about 8-9 years if you include taxes repairs and labour I paid alot less that 150 tho

Vancouver is rediculously expensive to live in dude

Not saying I want a skyscraper there, but I hate pretentious hippies like him.
They're both just ruining that land. What a waste.