Military Thread - going to apply to be a choco (reservist for non-Australian fags)...

Military Thread - going to apply to be a choco (reservist for non-Australian fags). Application starts on the 1st of February. Tell me something I don't know. 23 thinking officer/med/ anything but grunt route, I'm pretty pumped.

hope this isn't the aussi army...shit gun, shit dog, shit everything
no wonder you lost a war to emus.

>I'm pretty pumped
Yup..
Lots of dicks for you to pump

Fark off cunt. Hows Trumps tone since the last ballistic you puss-bag?
I think you got lost in a trap thread.

>> /k/

has a military enlistment general you know.

start working out now m8, and don't over eat mres like an idiot. In America atleast, they make you eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner. don't do that. they are meant for an entire fucking day, they are 3000 calories of pure shit clogging explosives.

also try not to go crazy with kit modification, they will want you to show up with some random bit from the first day that is usless, but you end up needing fro a very specific thing. that said, alot of gear is useless unless you fix them. good luck figuring that out, you really gotta talk to aussy vets for that.

I warned you dude
You are going to suck lots of dicks

Posted in /k/, thank you. I'm fit. I can go without food. I don't give a fuck about kit mod. Your not wrong mate. I understand that knowing regiments/history is somewhat important, which will take a hot second.
literally theres a million trap threads calling your name princess
>pic related
>drink this

Prepare your butthole for pineapples

He is not listening.
He thinks joining the army will make him less beta.
Some people like to take dick suddenly I guess

well here is the thing about your kit, they will make you carry alot of bullshit that you will never ever need, and you will see people dumping stuff off on the side of the road. some big dick swaggering DS will yell at you for being so fooling bringing that entrenching tool and throw it on the side of the road, to then chew you out for not having later on for some random bullshit.

oh and expect your gear to be beaten to absolute shit. speed tape is your friend. that OD cloth duct tape shit.

No cunt respects fucking cockos, go in as infantry than core transfer at kapooka, easy route.

I'm okay with being yelled at. Hell you can yell at me for something you told me to do and I'll fucking say YES SIR. I will get excess speed tape thank you sir.
Read the thread. I legitimately understand this, but want to do different shit. I will go Infantry only if i have to mate. What's it to you?

Did it for 5 years

not exactly an endorsement

How so? I wasn't putting you off, but no full time soldier as I was likes a chocko, even an ex chocko going for full time. Pretty much the same as a cadet all I was saying is the easy way is to go to kapooka as infantry and than transfer whilst in training

Fair enough dude. I understand this element. However I will consider this route now. Thank you sir.

No worries bud, am legit feel free to ask anything

Number of deployments/Rank?
Killed folk?
Ive met dudes who have killed heaps of people and they're a little strange, worse for ware but good blokes. I know people who are deployed but do fuck all too.

Why infantry? I've heard the stories. Thanks bud.

Nah no stories and when you leave you sign a non disclosure form so you can't talk bout anything, and if you believe the stories then 99% of the army is made up of snipers with 30 confirmed kills bahahah makes good with the ladies at least. Yeah deployed yep good as fuck pay yep wasted it all and yep just gym trips

Baby killer!

Bullshit it is easy to transfer. That would be one of the biggest myths doing the rounds.

Sounds like my mates. Met some "helicopter door gunners" too, as you say. I was not aware of that disclosure, thanks for the insight.

Any fighting? trained or untrained? you know what i mean. May a hundred thousand south koreans suck you penis

He argued for easy transfers friend

cool at least it's not a trap thread now. thank fuck

Yeah. And I’m telling you that it absolutely 100% isn’t easy. Especially at Kapooka when admin time is limited.

duly noted. Thank you

Kapooka is the easiest time, they try to weed out the ones who want to go home after the first month retention is key, so it's easier to keep people by giving them options. After a while you have to instruct there it's not rocket science

That's why in the third month you can go to the boozer any time you want. Fucking no nothing piss ant

Lol- no. You don’t ‘have to instruct there.’ Unless you want to regi stream most people will never touch an instructional posting- all corps or otherwise. Your career manager is lying to you.

Do chocks still do local training at their home depot and then head to Kapooka in modules? If that’s still the case you might have a chance to transfer but why not just go in, see what they offer you and pick a job from the outset?

I can assure you, the whole go infantry and then transfer before you hit Singo is a folk tale.

do not do this holy fuck. I was full time inf and got out 2 years ago. Only join when you can join the job you want to do, even if it means waiting for a year or more. transferring is a massive pain in the dick and you will end up doing years more work in a job you probably don't care for.

as fair as prepping yourself, just be reasonably fit. I honestly forget the good times for the 2.4km run, but you want to be able to go hard in that without looking like a shitbag. I think 9-10 minutes. Be able to do at a minimum 60 pushups in a row to a 3 second cadence as well as 100 situps in a row to the same cadence all with strict form. 10 clean pullups in a row wouldn't hurt either. If you can do that you will liekly be better than most people.

No worries champ. What would I know?

I certainly have no recruiting or instructional background. Never looked after a company either. Don’t listen to me.

Sure bud

Yeah- anytime you want? Run along sport.

If you make corporal and stick around for a few years you will be sent to a training facility somewhere whether you like it or not. Some of the best inf corporals I had got shafted and sent to pooky when they should've been instruction at singleton.

40 pass mark for infantry no cadence, best in two minutes and the guy behind you does a loose count. Fuck fags on this thread bunch of low quality baits

Just shoot yourself now and be done with it.
Less shame than when a raghead kills you with an out-dated soviet rifle and parades your head around on social media.

That’s in no way true. Of course some go- more from the battalions- but not everyone. Not even the majority. Corporal probably means you are in your second posting nowadays anyway. Hardly big hitters.

Kill yourself. Seriously. Being a slave to the fascist military industrial complex and a killer for hire is disgusting. No respect or mercy for those who take up arms. You don t deserve to live.

In off time yep as long as your shit passes inspection

go for the minimum standard if you want present yourself as the minimum standard. RI's take note of who puts in and who doesn't and will treat them accordingly.

This guy knows.

And if your an old cunt it won’t be forty anyway.

It's entirely true if you want rank you have to teach

So just off time now? Not anytime? And how often is off time? How often do you get a do over on inspection for some mundane reason?

Let me guess- you took your golf clubs too right?

Thanks brother is your unfit the guy behind will usually shout 40 anyway unless his a jack cunt

I literally just finished Kapooka 2 weeks ago man as a chocco too

I can only speak for infantry, but every senior corporal I knew was getting posted out to a training facility somewhere, it might be different for more technical roles. You need to fulfil instructor roles before they can promote you to sgt.

Haha! No it isn’t junior. You keep believing that.

It is more true for arms corps but even then it has more to do with regi stream than anything.

Nah when you get to gold tabs you have a lot of free time ether polish your brass or get your shit ready for the boozer on your free time

pooky is virtually zero time off, from wakey wake until beddy byes.

Okay pogue

I’ll grant you that. Infantry career progression places an emphasis on it because there is, in reality, less jobs to promote in to compared to other trades with fucked up structures.

Most MAEs will say you need instructional time to promote but in reality, for most jobs, it is not at all the case.

We don't eat MREs every meal. Only one meal is an MRE, and only in a training environment. So when it's a normal day you eat normal food. It's not that bad.

Don’t you have a breeze way to sweep, dig?

Go back to your cave isis.

Jesus Christ- how long ago did you march out?

Werd. This seems legit.
I will apply myself to that fitness regiment. Thank you. Transferring does now sound like a pain. I can already do that what you have said fitness wise.
Aw fuck what a misson. cheer though.
Whats cracking?
FAGGOT DETECTED.

Also to be honest this thread is out of my control fucken hell

Before you got to hold up cards saying I'm offended and the corporals had to back off, before you had to unfill sand pits to dig in.. when buckinbong was mandatory

Not much man, Kapooka was alright
If yoUre op and you wanna go choc, do it man best decision I made

Isn’t the red card thing a fairytale? They were whinging about digging up training areas when I joined a long time ago.

I’m guessing you are 3-5 years in?

The australian army is also giving weapons and training to sandniggers so that they can be more dangerous against Australia afterwards but since it's politically correct it's ok?

Im OP. Thank Sup Forumsrother I'm glad a thread has been made. Im keen dude. Are you infantry or something else?

OK. On this point. OP HERE. ive heard you cunts get fuck all small arms training. WTF?

It to be fair we only send shit cunts like 3RAR to do the training. That way we know 1 and 2 can still kick the cunts in.

red card is a fairytale. filling in puts is lulzy as fuck though. after a few days on a patrol we had to dig in sleeping positions and right as we finished and we tucking in for a few hours the fucking enviros had a big sook and we had to fill the pits in and suddenly there was no more time to sleep. They even get mad when we dig shit pits.

Infantry my man
What are you looking at doing?
Haven’t done much since I left
I still have a few more days of training to do this weekend and next
If you need or want to know anything let us know I’ll try my best

Nah I was 07-12

Go medical you silly cunt. Long training but solid civie qual. Do they even let chocs do it anymore?

Postings?

as stories lads?

>exercise turns to absolute shit due to mismangaement
>our platoon is sitting in the scrub for two days
>no digging or anything, just sitting in a harbour looking at the trees for 2 days and a night. can;t make noise for some reason, but not actually "in ex"
>aussie "stealth" drone watching us the whole time with as much stealth as a lawnmower in your bedroom
>most of us napping peacefully on 2nd day
>some sort of fighter jet does a simulated attack run and flies right overhead at what i assume is mach 50
>we never even saw/heard it coming, sounds like a bomb goes off and wind blasts everywhere

i hated exercises

Yeah they do
Just marched out 2 weeks ago with a lass who went med corps

Yeah not much to say

I figured this was Cultana but you said trees so I’m guessing not.

Godspeed son. i served in Iraq with 2nd cav rg. got arthritis in fingers and wrists, 20% hearing left and ACL and ligaments on right knee cap are all gone. chewed up and shat out. they dont care about you

2005?

Thank you brother. Quite simply
Whats it like? I need to know, im fucking pumped dude i just want whatever you can give me, hows the whole thing since you joined i ask??
This is what I fear, I want to get ready, and all ive heard is these gay exercises. no offence.
Thank you brother. I am aware and ready. im not dumb... I know fellas with completely fucked bodies after their time.

2017 everyone

Nigga MRE's are fine, it's the lack of water that fucks people up. Just drink fucking water.

If it wasn't clear. thank you sir.

It’s pretty hectic, since it’s different than normal life. First few nights will suck, you might not sleep and you’ll hate waking up to the screaming. But you get used to it. It sucks when you’re there but you realise how good and fun it is after you finish.
My biggest advice is A. Get fit, 45 push ups, 75 sit ups and 2.4km in 11.18 minutes at a minimum. I wasn’t that fit and was getting beat by guys who were 50. And secondly, just do your best and cop whatever shit they give you on the chin and move on. You’ll have fun days and really low days, you’ll want to quit and go home, don’t.

Since I joined up it’s been pretty casual, I do my parades at a prrtty small depot so we just chill out, do some training like pt or weapons then go drink at the boozer and go home. But they have heaps of training days and weekends you can get on if you’re qualified which can be fun, I’ve yet to be on any since I just finished basic but I’ll be doing all I can.

Just get fit, cop the shit and be a team player, it’s the major thing they want is teammates, work as a team and help each other. We didn’t do well in teamwork and got fucked up for it.

This is good advice.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Don't take post on Gallipoli barracks, shit keeps breaking there

I saved this

Cheers

Take each day as it comes and don’t listen to anyone else
I’m just telling you what I went through and how I took it all in but your experience will be different

Fitness, cop it and teamwork. Enjoy it man, I signed up and don’t regret it at all. Made some good mates from it and will do shit other people won’t do. We might be chocs but we are still part of a big history of Australia.
You’re welcome and have fun man.

Rad man, use it when you need it

Dude when 20STA do the engine testing of their drones you can hear it on the other side of the fucking base, you're not wrong about the noise

Wait, Australia has a military? Do they use boomerangs?

No we strap 50cals to the kangaroos you fucking idiot

We just send Don Burke out to hide in bushes and rape everyone.

You have done me a great service. I am content. Which I have not been for a while. Thank you, I know who you are, even if I do not know exactly who you are. Thank you. I'm 100% changed in my mind.
GOD BLESS YOU user. and im not religious.
Yeah bro our major strategy is to do this

OP out 1L of vodka its time for internal contemplation. ALL comments have been considered and I love you all.

In the usmc
Ama

killed cunts?

the lack of fibre is what gets me, even in rats are just sugars and fats. they were just brining in new ones with mashed potato when I got out and they were so much better.

Not the original advice-giver here but as a rule of thumb security clearances are a pain in the ass, Baseline is easy but NV1 or higher get pretty invasive. Don't lie about anything, even small shit - not worth it

Give me an idea of who you think I am

Nope, not many cunts to kill these days, and there's retarded laws/rules around combat, depends on unit SOP

you're a homo

whats small shit?
Some kind of nice guy in the forces. beyond that I am out of my depth.
Threat of being killed then?

>mfw marines training with us in straya and they try to buy a pack of smokes/carton of beer

marines are always poorfags in australia

In their defence $40 for a pack of smokes is fucking retarded, no wonder they end up as poorfags