Do you need to take a drug test before getting a concealed handgun license?

Do you need to take a drug test before getting a concealed handgun license?

Other urls found in this thread:

leafly.com/news/politics/surrender-your-guns-police-tell-hawaiian-medical-marijuana-patients
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't

If you need to ask that question you shouldn't own guns.

No

I work security and will start carrying a handgun in the next two months or so.

to get a CCWP you have to sign a sworn statement that you understand that you cannot carry a firearm under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

no drug test in my state, dont know if it is anywhere else.

but if you do drugs, you will eventually get popped for possession. and when that happens, you will lose your CCWP

>you shouldn't be able to defend yourself
liberal retard detected

You shouldn't have access to firearms if you're doing drugs.
Label me all you want, your rhetoric is trash.

Even weed?

Weed is cool mah dude

Yes even weed. It's still a drug and it's still illegal

Dependes on the state you consume it mah dude

if you have to ask this, you are the last person i need getting a CCW. you give us a bad name

>still illegal
So, just illegal drugs? What about people who use pharmaceuticals without prescription? And what about when weed becomes legal, or medical?

Alcohol is a drug. Yet no one has a problem if you had a drink last night and are carrying today. You should not carry under the influence of anything.

Will opinion change once weed is legal?

I can’t speak for all states. But my state does not allow you to get a CPL if you have a med card.

>█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████ █
>███▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀███████████ █
>██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████████ █
>█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀███████ █
>█▒▒▒▒▌▄▒▒▐▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████ █
>▌▒▒▒▐▀░▀▄▄▀░▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▐█████ █
>▌▒▒▒▐░▀▀▄░░▀▀▄░▌▒▒▒▒▒▐████ █
▌▒▒▒▌░░▐░░░░░░░░▌▒▒▒▒▒▐███ █
>▌▒▒▒▌░░▌▄░▄░░░░░▌▒▄▒▒▐████ █
>█▒▒▒▌░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐▐▒▐█████ █
>██▒▐░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░▐░▌▒██████ █
>███▐░░░▀▀▀▀██░░░▌▀▄███████ █
>████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████ █
>████▄░░░░░░░░░░███████████ █
>█████▄░▌▌░░▌▌▌█████anuse███ █
>███████▄▐▐▐▐░░████████████ █
>████████░░░░░░▐▒▄▒▒▀██████ █
>████████░░░░░░░█▐▒▒▐██████ █
>█████▀▀▒▌░░░░░░░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀ █

>yet no one has a problem if you had a drink last night and are carrying today
maybe because they're sober?
I don't have a problem with sober people carrying.

>You should not carry under the influence of anything.
This. I don't care what you want to do for fun, or if you want to own a gun. Just don't mix (psychoactive) drugs and firearms.

That’s my point. If I smoked last night and am sober now. Should I still be able to carry?

It also compounds the charges. In most (if not all states) it's up-charged to a felony.

>What about people who use pharmaceuticals without prescription?

Which is.. Say it with me now,
I L L E G A L

>But my state does not allow you to get a CPL if you have a med card.
This is generally true in all medical states as far as I know. It's a bit ridiculous and many people are trying to fight it. How are Marijuana users any more dangerous than someone using oxycontin? I'll never know, and Congress won't tell us, but going along with the status quo, this probably won't change for a while

So you’re only against it because it’s illegal. If they changed the laws tomorrow you’d have no problem with it?

when you have a CCWP, if you are under the influence, you cannot carry. That simple.

You high? cant carry
You drinking? can't carry

You sober? You can carry

Ok, and what of those that takes those drugs with a prescription? It's okay then?

no, you just have to take a lot of drugs so that you're really high when you take the license test, that's one of the requirements

You wont be sober now if you smoked yesterday. THC has a half life of around 24 hours. So no, you should not be able to carry.

because if you have a "green card" you are assumed to be under the influence, and as such, cannot carry

Your point was never disputed, nor relevant, moron.

NO

Yet if I'm prescribed opiates or sleeping pills, no one assumes I'm always on those, or incapable of carrying. Why is that? Many people who use medical MJ don't even use THC, instead CBD, which doesn't get you high. Why are they cut off?

100% agree.

But the arguments being made above are that if you smoke weed at all. You should not be allowed to carry. You should not carry high. But if you have a med card you can’t have a permit. Therefore the government is saying if you smoke weed at some point. You can’t carry. So shouldn’t the same be for alcohol. If you want to drink. You shouldn’t have a permit.

Thanks for your contribution.

You are welcome, user.

>you won't be sober now if you smoked yesterday
>24 hour half life
You've never smoked Marijuana, have you. Because while it has a high half life, depending on your tolerance highs only last a few hours tops, unless you decided to eat your weed. There is no simple test for whether a user is currently high or not, and no, highs do not last days like you erroneously assume.

>If you want to drink. You shouldn’t have a permit.
Doesn't work like that and never will.

Your tears are sweet though :^)

because a med card shows you need weed to manage your pain. since you need to smoke, you are smoking all the time and should not carry

If you have THC in your bloodstream, you are under the influence and should not be able to carry.
Your assumption about me is wrong, and you cannot into physiology.

>doesn't work like that
Wow you're right, I think the solution would be to get lawmakers to pull their collective heads from their asses, they will eventually permit medical MJ users to carry, because it's ridiculous there are laws against them when MJ is proven to be less destructive than any pharmaceutical currently used.
MJ will be federally legal by 2022 most likely, so many changes will happen around or before that time as far as peripheral laws concerning MJ users.

>MJ is proven to be less destructive than any pharmaceutical currently used
>less destructive than any pharmaceutical currently used
Gonna need some source on that

And what of those who don't consume thc at all? As in those who benefit from consuming CBD? Smoking is not the only method of consumption, and THC is not the only beneficial part of the plant, but the only part that gets you high.

Just look up the addictiveness of commonly used pharmaceuticals compared to that of MJ. I'm arguing with faggots on Sup Forums, killing time, I'm not going to Google the studies for you just because you're too lazy to do it yourself.

uhhh nope but don't ever get ur weed card........ they are already starting crosschecks. This why registering ur weed use is so stupid and so many fell for it.

leafly.com/news/politics/surrender-your-guns-police-tell-hawaiian-medical-marijuana-patients

Do you think bringing up a non psychoactive substance is relevant to this discussion?

Per atf u can't have a med card and own, buy or possess ammo or gunz

This is yet another reason why registering guns is a BAD IDEA just like registering your pot use, the gvt misuses that shit quick.

Lol yeah those stupid epileptics trying to get medicine that actually works registering their degeneracy

you're looking for someone to agree with you and no one does.

you get to choose: a med card OR a CCWP

choose the med card and you can smoke up
choose the CCWP and you can legally carry

When it's produced and consumed in the same plant that makes a psychoactive one, yes, I think it has some relevance.

they can smoke weed to control their epilepsy. I hope the weed controls it for them.

but I also dont want that high epileptic carrying a concealed weapon

This is incorrect. They do not have access to this info. The only way people get caught is when they check yes when asked if they use weed or medical weed.

You said it's proven. Yet you can't prove that. Well done.
btw
addictiveness of metoprolol = none
addictiveness of thc = more than none
you bring nothing to the table

So, what you're saying is the second ammendment is not extended to those who are receiving medicine? Oh right, never mind, it's all about the plant and the stigma that comes along with it, despite time and time again proving it's worth as medicine and shown to be far less dangerous than alcohol, opiates in all their forms, tobacco, and pretty much any other drug taken daily.

Two different substances. Origin is of no concern.

ummm Hawaii cross checked Med card database vs their Firearm Owner ID database...... letters have already been sent requesting they turn in or sell their firearms within 30 days. Hawaii is not the only state with a med card registry and a Firearms owner registry. So if u live in one of those lib states and have both IDs..... well have fun

OD on weed = none
OD on opiates = a fuck ton
OD on alcohol = too many to count
Just about as scientific as your comparison, so I think it should do. Again, I shouldn't have to spoonfeed you data that is easily available with a few keystrokes.

Except that having a medical card might mean you use one, and not the other, but wouldn't disclose that, and you'd be treated the same as someone using THC, even though you only consume CBD. In otherwords, it doesn't matter if you consume just CBD, in the eyes of the law, you consumer marijuana, have the medical card and therefore cannot carry, despite never getting high.

the law says you cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you carry. This includes pharmaceutical drugs. The med card makes it easy to determine that you are under the influence of drugs. you cant drink and carry, you cant take opiates and carry, you cant smoke weed and carry.

Retarded liberal gun grabbers won't want people who drink coffee to carry next. Still, all these left tards manage to do with gun control is lose, and lose, and lose :^)

this honestly is why I don't want to own a gun. I do drugs and I drink a lot. I pissed in a houseplant this saturday night and my girlfriend got pissed. She got pissed because it was the cat's basket and there is no houseplant in the hallway. So I don't really feel like guns being around is a good thing.

There is a question on the CCW form (in my state at least) that straight up asks if you use illegal drugs. And then at the bottom you sign it under pretty heavy legality pretty much saying its a felony if you lie on this document. While there isn't ever a test to own/carry a gun the implication is you're pretty fucked if you're caught carrying under the influence of a controlled substance.

Haha, you're such a spastic.
You said any pharmaceutical currently used.
Now you're just talking about about currently abused substances.
If you say something is proven, then you should be able to prove your claim. And if you can't do that, you should be able to at the very least link some credible source that verifies your statement. Otherwise you might as well claim that a diet consisting mostly of americium 241 is the best way to get great abs. ridiculous.

Weed would disqualify you from gun ownership don't say you smoked any that shit on your form nigga

Any and all people are allowed to carry firearms.

It’s our god given right enshrined in our 2nd amendment.

Nobody can take that right away

except for felons of course, and the mentally disabled

But weed dosent make you violent crazy and spontaneous like alcohol does... and yes you should not be drunk while handling firearms.

>god given right
I'm pretty sure it's a constitutional right user
btw if you're religious you shouldn't be allowed to carry js