What time or how early do you start drinking? How much daily, any tips on quiting?

What time or how early do you start drinking? How much daily, any tips on quiting?

General Drinking Thread. It is 9 am and I am fighting the urge to drink my half pint of vodka to start the day.

>quitting

Woah there nigga, no need to be brash. Just drink 1 or two days a week. Nothing is better than finishing a long day, sitting down with a bowl/beer and playing comfy vidya.

But if you're an alcoholic and literally drink all day, then just keep yourself occupied. Even if it's something that you don't want to do.

Thanks dude wish more people would give some sound advice. After my first 2 shots I start to ache, it is either quit or die soon i think my body is telling me. I am a fast healer because of my german genetics, but I know I am not invincible, Even after 2 days of not drinking I feel like I am in high school again, and I am 29. I don't want to waste my 30's alone drinking and no fun memories like in my younger 20's .

source?

op not sure it is my temp internet folder that my comp saves random pics too and I use to post, I think it has to do with my cookies or browser history, but it is sure a comfy pic. Reminds me of Half Life 2

oPs pic is cities: skylines

im on 12 - 16 cans a day, having a shit day today, didnt turn up to work, only just started to feel ok and its 5pm and im 8 cans in.. im sick every morning.. its a horrible drug, no idea how its legal..
luckily i am in britbong land and booked in to spend 3 months in rehab in january.. just gotta try not to die before then

go on ck and look for al/ck/ threads, thats where we congregate

In my personal experience it takes 2 days of being sober for that anxiety to go away. Get some help. U will never quit on your own.

Hope you get better, liquor is probably killing me faster than booze, but yeah I saw the thread up on /ck/ Why are there threads on Drinking on a cooking board?

How is this gonna fix an addicts underlying issues?

I guess tommorow I am going to just have to deal with the anxiety and stop this, I don't get anxiety I dont think, I get this feeling of like plunging down a roller coaster or elevator in my stomach until I get a drink in me. Is that what it is? Hopefully it is not the ulcers I am numbing so I don't notice the feeling anymore...

thanks bro, hope you get sorted yourself.. as far as tips go try and taper down.. like i try and and go from 12 down to 10 cans then to 8 .. my problem is weekends.. all of my friends are raging fuck heads so i just end up on a weekend bender.. its nearly thursday and i am still trying to recover from the weekend and its about to start again.. fuck my life

not really sure why we have the threads on /ck/ .. i know the chef and restaurant industry is fairly rife with alcoholism so thats probably why.. where in the world are you anyway?

I just wish my ex gf used to love me like she used to...woman are never satisfied, even when they say they are.

San Jose, Ca

home of the tweakers and mexican niggers

Been following the thread up on /ck/ but I feel a little better knowing others are realizing their problem and actually get a little grip on it, gives me hope/

For me, anxiety is thinkin about how much i hated myself and all the dumb things ive done. Or ruminating. Drinking made that go away. Temporarily. Till next time...this cycle gets worse and worse till drinkin no longer fixes it.

Please learn to love yourself. Nobody can do it for you. Nobody

yea i have been trying to embrace it, having counselling, letting the people in my life know that i am struggling with it and as much as i wish there was some magic wand i could just wave and be fixed its deeper rooted and i certainly dont have the answer, hence the rehab thing.. just wish it would come sooner to be honest.. i can already feel that trying to sleep tonight is going to be a spewing bile, diarrhea filled insomnia sweat drenched fucking bundle of joy

When I was younger I only tried to maker her happy, everything from stealilng tampons for her to being their when her grandpa died, I just wish she was there for when the death's in my family happened to me. So it is hard when you love someone at a young age and that is what you base everything on, college, work, the future, and when it's gone. It is liike what the fuck is the point anymore. But I hear you..

forogt pic

yea the best part of temporary alcoholism is the the loose or soggy shits you have to deal with lol

tbh i find the vomiting worse, maybe its just me but i wake up at 4am and if i dont down a can i get horrible dry wretching till i bring up blood.. kinda worrying

haven't vomit blood yet like others have, My body just does it naturally when I wake up at 2 am or 4am I think as an attempt to save me from my certain od of liquor. Feel way better after I vomit the little bit too much of liquor I drank prior. I always think if my body did not force this, I would have been dead a few months ago. My drinking now is almost like clock work..

I usually start at about 8pm and justify it with the fact that i “had a long day at work” and did my household chores, put my child to bed, and that because i was so productive i deserve to get drunk.
Probably do this 3-5 times a week.

Colds or any form of sickness is a good deterrent for me, mostly because I’m a big baby when sick, so I’ll stop drinking altogether for about 2 weeks in that case

Cities: Skylines

at least your not at the drinking all day routine but thanks for your input but every night in the week as in 5 days a week does seem a little bit too much.

As a last resort, I'd reccomend shock therapy. It's been proven to work but it hurts like hell and it'll piss you off more.

He's drunk at the top of the stairs I assume.

Looks drunk at the bottom tbh. My stairs have the little edge hanging over them. Pic related.

Agreed, has OP tried finding any hobbies, friends to hangout with who won’t pressure you to drink?
Also are you functional in your everyday life? Aka if you wanted to stop, could you? Like actually

sometimes I’ll stop for a month or so to see if i have any kind of dependence on it(physical or otherwise) and usually just find that I’m a little more awake and a little more bored at night than usual.

vivitrol or naltrexone. it'll curb the cravings. I started using it a year ago and I've been sober for that long. I've never had any side effects from it. if you're serious you should look into it.

Sideways picture

Does fighting random niggers downtown considered a healthy substitute? Never lost a fight since I was 13 and plan to keep it that way 15 years later

Sounds like you guys have drank so much that your body has acclimated to it and now suffers from withdrawal anytime you don’t drink for an extended period of time. Talk to a doctor about it and get the blood vomit checked. You could have something more serious than an ulcer.

this reminds me of this oldschool helicopter game.

I'm laid off work until december 11th so I've been doing a lot of day drinking lately. Theres like 20 delivery places in my city that deliver alcohol and I'm actually waiting for one to bring me 24 tallboys of Molson Dry right now. Its 1:34pm right now so I expect to be opening a beer some time before 2. Those 24 cans should last me until tomorrow night hopefully.

Generally when my days already gone to shit, everybody and everything has pissed me off and stressed me out past what I can handle. Then I'll drink until the room won't stop spinning. Then drink a little more.
There's days I don't drink or smoke.
Those days are becoming fewer and farther between.
Life is shit, it's my own fault, I'm sure, and I don't see it ever getting better because there's simply no opportunity for anything to ever improve. It all requires money I don't fucking have. I have just enough to get drunk and high just often enough that I still have moments of rage filled sobriety.
Quit drinking? Fuck that, you're clearly not drinking enough if you care enough to try quitting. Or you still hold out hope of things getting any better. Either one of those is fucking stupid.

Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I tend to avoid niggers just in case their sweaty lower lip gets too close and contaminates me. Jews don't fight back. Tis a true roflstomp indeed.

I used to be skateboarder, but all my friends are either dead, drunk and fat, in a nigger type environment with some shit kid they had by accident, or moved on in life. I really feel like if I just grabbed my board after 1 day of sobriety and just started sweating, eating, and sleeping I would find my self in such a better place in the future that I can look back on this and be like wtf was I doing. But I would still be Young, healthy, having a hobby, job, but still fucking lonely and miserable... All the good men in my family are dead, annual family gatherings are gettting thinner and thinner, I think my life calling is enlisting and dying in WWIII to be honest...

>vivitrol or nalterxone

I don't really use drugs, the people I have met that do are complete pussies irl and depend on that shit. Liquor is no different but at least it is not a brain fuck like these chems do.

forgot pic again because I am drunk now

That sounds so pathetic and ignorant. My dad quit heroine on his own, your alcohol problem isn't unstoppable you just have to have willpower. Other people aren't gonna help you control youself.

op here, sadly this, it doesn't any get better son, it only gets worse...

I'm going to be 37 next week btw. For years I was drinking at least a 750ml bottle of whisky every day but in the last year or so I switched to drinking mostly just beer. I don't know if I'm going to make it to my 40th birthday.

I take pain pills daily because of a bad back injury.i take 30 mg oxycontin ERs once a day for like 4 years. i started to get addicted. so i just cut my dose to 1/4 and started smking lots of weed to make up for the difference. after like 10 days i started skipping days all together than a couple days in a row than to just a couple days a week. than stopped all together. but i smoke weed everyday now. but its a good trade off and i got my self weened down before it got too bad.

I have beat up constant niggers and meth heads, they are scary on mainstream nigger lover media being loudy and aggresive but when you look them dead in the eye and fight, all that fake racism hatred they were taught or being a thug, goes straight out the windown, they turn into little black boys afraid to get hit in the face like any other kid. It is funny how the mainstream media and internet culture make them seem or feel so superior mentally and physically.. why tho? I think I might just start skatboarding again and slam shoulder first on a 12 stair set to feel normal and "alive" again I just have to ditch this drinking, it makes me so much weaker than I normally am.

Yeah I've recently hit the point where liquor doesn't even taste like liquor now. Tastes like water at this point, and when I'm thirsty as fuck water doesn't do shit, I need booze, or I feel like a dry throated bitch until I have alcohol. I'll wake up shaking and all I'll want is a fucking beer or five.
I get bitched at when I drink which makes me want to drink more and just be left the fuck alone. Hell, that's all I want all the time anymore as it is. Booze and to be left the fuck alone.

yea i get pretty much all of those, like i said i am just waiting to go into rehab, scared to cut down to much in case i have a siezure .. fucking sucks to be me..

you pretty much just described my day/week/month

11am and two tall boys so far

im trying to stop, i probably average 10 beers or 2.5 bottles of wine a day

went three days i think sober and was fine, but other shit keeps coming up in life and i dont have any other way to cope with it, or the motivation to cope with it in a healthy manner

sorry to hear that user, I don't think my body can have a seizure so quiting all together on a moment's notice does not scare me too much did it for 3 days last week and felt better but that emptyness in my life due to lack of a REAL loved one caused me to start drinking agin, so maybe it is boredom that causes drinking after you lose important things in your life and I need to fall down a 12 stair on my back to feel that, seems like a fun thing to do instead of drinkikng alone in my room feeling sorry for my self

Ever since I got a promotion at work and had a kid (literally same month) I've started to hate my ungrateful bitch of a wife, and I hate how I have to listen to screaming all day every fucking day when I'm not at work dealing with retards who don't want to/can't do the job. I basically babysit for 13 fucking hours.
Then I come home and listen to screaming and get bitched at. Repeat all day every day without break for months.
Only peace I get is when I drink myself to sleep.

Like I said, whatever you gotta do user. I scarcely drink alcohol anymore. I feel sluggish and old when I drink despite only being 24. I hate the feeling of weakness with a burning passion. Hope you get your shit sorted. I'm off to bed for my night shift.

user, tell your wife you love her, alot, maybe she will stop, just be nice to her, squeeze her

hope you got a prenup

you know there's no saving that marriage and if your kid is still young its best to split before he/she is old enough for the real trauma to kick in

thx dude, will try to remember that

I've tried being nice. I help around the house as much as I can. She barely does shit. She can't handle the stress of the baby. The littlest shit sets her off and she always, without fail, directs it at me, its always somehow my fault. At this point i want the two of them to just go the fuck away and leave me the fuck alone. Ever since the second she knew she was pregnant she's been an unbearable cunt towards me. I've tried to work with her I've tried to help her, I've tried to make it better but she just wants to nag and bitch and be a cunt towards me. So fuck her, I'm tired of working my ass off for her and still being treated like a deadbeat. She can go fuck herself for all I care.

Much the same here. I am 35 and I drink a fifth of whiskey a night, every night. I wake up in the morning hating life but by lunch all I can think of is getting home to drink. I feel like shit daily, at least until I get the first pint of liquor in me, then everything is perfect.

I avoid family and friends so I have time to drink. The thing that really smacked me as a wake up call was my father in law was dying in the hospital. The entire family was there. But I used the excuse that someone had to stay home and watch the dog (he is also sick and has to take meds every 2 hours like clock work) not because I didnt want to see my father in law, and not because I really gave a shit about the dog... but I knew that was 3-4 hours that I could be home drinking instead of out doing anything :(

Just make sure you take the kid with you user, and find a better woman.

I circled that notch at the stairs, you'll notice it if you zoom the picture.

Wouldn't that notch be vertically, since horizontally it would gather all sorts of trash in it?

There's no way id get the kid in a divorce, it's burgerland so even a dysfunctional woman is better than any man out there.
And fuck women in general at this point. They're not worth it.

That is how I spent my Thanksgiving after a convenient excuse. I ended up drinking alone in the woods a little ways from my house. Around a pit I made to hold a fire, just feeding wood to the fire, drinking, and thinking. There was no one around, it was dead silent. I could have been killed being so alone, but I felt so comfortable..

I wild dog even came up to me sniffed, and ran the fuck off in the darkness, it seem bothered by the look on it's face I even said come one boy I have beef jerky and it still ran away from me, I am hopeless. But as Long as I stop drinking like this I know everything will be better, not looking to be "happy" or be satisfied with life, I just do not like living like this anymore after almost 2 years now, maybe even more. A boring sober life at least gives me more opportunities to find something meaningful in life.

I am starting to realize this about women to..

The only girl I recently started to like is a social justice nigger lover warrior, and it is such a turn off... but she is so cool, meh, cant fix ghetto mentalities...

come on* boy

i thought this way about women for years, but gradually built a friendship with one. knew her for years, got really close during the last two, then as soon as we get "romantic" after letting my guard down (granted i just wanted to get laid) she just turned into a massive cunt and starting laying out all these expectations, acting like i was an asshole for not wanting more or something with her despite she never saying she wanted more, was always talking about her ex, etc.

fucking cryptic crybabies man. ill take my money and solo travel like i have been doing and be happy

They wanna have their cake and eat it, too. Also maybe a little of yours. Plus give them the rest. They deserve it. How dare you not just offer it, they shouldn't have to ask for it. You're a piece of shit for not just throwing yourself down in servitude of them and giving them what they want before they even know they want it.
This is genuinely how women think, even if it's only subconsciously.

dubs dont lie

but yeah my point of was that i fell into the trap of believing there was someone different. nope, not at all. ill miss her ass but thats about it.

>I'll miss her ass but that's about it
This. Literally all I ever miss about any woman. It's not their personality that's for fucking sure. Most women barely have one at all.

Hey man you cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning

checked and yeah man my ex was really selfish now that I think about it and I was close with her Other girls I was probably not around to experience that TOO much to noticce key word here is selfish that leads to everthing else

in the bible didn't that bitch eat the evil apple lol

oh shit dude sorry to hear that like I said thank god alot of my past relationships were like short term one after another, the girl no is like meh like I have said. Fucking commie cunt.

>long day of work
>has time to play video games at the end
People like you are funny as fuck. Wait till you get a job for adults

I quit my job last week as a busboy. Want to know the funniest part?

what a shit city

the girl now* is like meh

meh, she wasnt as bad as the girl before her that kept me single for years. that one cost me my apartment, job, and school

this one just really solidified the fact that they're all the same.

HOW DARE YOU

Hopefully that is not my next speed bump in life lol

just never throw money at a bitch for any reason whatsoever. thats the only advice i feel right giving anyone. if you can control your dick or emotions, so be it. but going broke in the process is practically the nail in your coffin

cant control*

ill still go on dates and get laid when i can but no money is ever going into it

>body vomits to keep from an od
>the little bit too mich
>little bit too much
>little
>too
>much
And I thought I was an alcoholic drinking 8-12ish

17 year alcohol here (fifth of vodka/bourbon a night)... take a daily multivitamin and 100mg or more supplement of Thamine (vitamin B-1) and folic acid. Alcoholics have deficiencies in these vitamins because the alcohol stops it from being absorbed naturally. 17 years now and I have no ill physical effects (no vomiting, hallucinations or seizures when I occasionally stop).

Will keep that in mind, thanks for the advice for real underlying shit, feel a lil better already and had some cereal and french toast and nasty sausage and milk, so I am not aching or feeling like too much shit. Gotta drink some cocunut water or something soon. But thanks for all the advice feel like drinking a little less today, alcohol is a helluva drug.

I know I am a comedian on my spare time.

well duh you don't get those when you stop

I switched to drinking only red roosters, I got so sick of the fucking taste it just wasn't worth getting drunk off it anymore, I'm down to maybe 2 beers a day on average.

Before that when I had a very serious drinking problem, I got benzos to help me come off the shit without freaking out.