What have been your experiences with psilocybin? Please share. What was your best trip...

What have been your experiences with psilocybin? Please share. What was your best trip? What was the set and setting and what did you experience?

I’ve read a lot about magic mushrooms, what to expect, the history, set and setting, etc.. What would you recommend as a set and setting for a beginner like me? How much should I take? I’ve done edibles and they’re great, are they similar?

Please keep the topic on psilocybin and not on other psychedelics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=am12fHnOhXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xYhtXI4Prpo
amazon.com/Psilocybin-Mushroom-Bible-Definitive-Mushrooms/dp/1937866289
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just take as much as you possibly can and have an ego death at a music festival

Why does this sound like a horrible idea?

just fly to Amsterdam, by the magic truffles they have, they recomended the Atlantis, and enjoy a sunny afthernoon in Amsterdam high as fuck!

I'm a poor fag.

>What have been your experiences with psilocybin?

Massively, mind-blowingly positive.

Very strong drug, you will be high for at least 4 hours. Auditory and visuals hallucinations. Some people laugh a lot, some others can't handle the trip. Take only if you're in a good mood and stay in a safe place with good friends. Have fun.

>Massively, mind-blowingly positive.

Please share more about this

Awesome. Take em at night and just walk around town and look at christmas lights. Basically, everything is more interesting, even mundane things you see every day can be fascinating. Also,you want to be around people only if they are tripping as well.

>you want to be around people only if they are tripping as well.

Why?

I haven't tried psilocybin, but I've done acid a fair few times. Slightly different effect from my research, but the set and setting principles remain the same.

Edibles I presume you mean weed? Just like weed is different to alcohol, psychedelics are different too. But they are far, far stronger, and while with weed you can be experiencing a lot mentally, physically things remain the same. On psychedelics, your whole concept of reality will be shattered - so with that in mind your safest environment is somewhere you know well and you need to trip with people you trust 100% - you will feel in a vulnerable place and need people around who can deal with that.

If no-one in the group is experienced, I'd advise a trip sitter. Their job isn't just safety - they need to help guide the trip and should be doing just as much research, if not more, than you'll do.

Only tried once, fairly low dose.
For some reason all digital images became insanely 3D.
And music was utter magic.

If your friends aren't tripping, they won't relate to your experience. For example, you could at candle in a dark room and just be enthralled by it. Your friends wouldnt find it very fun. If it's your first tIme a few grams will be fine. I've never seen or heard of anyone having a bad experience. I prefer to do them alone.

Took like 2 grams during a tornado with an ex and friends. Watched all of Rick and Morty season 2 until the storm passed and went outside. Looked post apocalyptic and it was amazing. Also got over ex with that. Pretty good experience 7/10 would recommend a couple times.

I usually eat it

>friend passed out morels amg we were so fucked up

That's you. That's what you sound like.

I think "your whole concept of reality is shattered" is a little strong, at least with shrooms. Now, DMT, that's another story. That shit will send you to another planet.

Youre only saying that because he said he watched Rick and Morty. Nothing else leads you to that conclusion. Youre probably not wrong but im just saying.

How did you get dmt, user? I want to buy some online but im still working out a place to send it to that isnt my own home and still get away with it. Everything else i have down pat.

>On psychedelics, your whole concept of reality will be shattered

Sounds intense, care to elaborate? And does that happen with LSD or with psilocybin also?

What is a "fairly low dose?" And what is the recommended dose for a first-timer?

>Caring about the tone of text of degenerates
I had a fun time, why does it matter to you?

I've never tried shrooms but I know a lot of people who've said with various first time psychedelics that its changed how they perceive reality. I think it might vary for person to person, but its better OP goes in prepared that they may see some crazy stuff than just go in under the impression its weed level 2. Because I think any psychedelics user will agree with the sentiment that you gotta respect the substance, or it WILL leave you on your ass.

I was super fucking high and my little man-bitch cam into the room with obsessive compulsive disorder like a werewolf and shit cause he thought I fucked his mom. Ruined my trip. Almost stabbed him.

Someone made it from the derivative plant, m. hermosa or something like that. That was mind blowing.

Take 5g, have ego death.
Life changing experience.
In a good way.

Because it is. Shrooms are best taken in a calm quiet area. I always go to a family owned cabin in the mountains to eat shrooms. Fuck eating them in the city or anywhere near people who might bother you.

The chances of losing your cool around thousands of people and loud noises are very high.

True dat. Definitely something to respect. Its not like weed. And I agree you want to somewhere familiar where feel safe and comfortable.

I personally prefer LSD to shrooms. Issue is, either way you're going to be high for a very long time, LSD is longer though. I tend to get quite nauseated on both, but shrooms seems to make me wanna hurl during the come up. Both are enjoyable, LSD tends to have more of a body-feel to it if you like that.

I took just a little more than 2g.
Don't be afraid to take 3 the first time, I wish I did.

Wouldn't doubt I gave off that impression. I'm not that knowledgeable so all I have to share is my experience :^)

I haven't tried shrooms so I can't comment on that front, but it most certainly happens with LSD. Its really, REALLY hard to describe - but I'll try. First theres the trip itself, where you'll see some crazy stuff, which varies from person to person. For some, the lights dance around and theres aliens in the carpet. For others, they'll close their eyes and see a pink elephant. The point is, your senses are so off that your thoughts will be changed too - its like seeing things from the outside in, you're not "you" anymore. Then when the trip ends, you'll have a lot to think over, and just like sobriety or any substance, thoughts will change you and how you perceive things.

In the context of that post, I just meant to be prepared that you'll see some crazy shit though. Keep in mind that its just the drugs and you'll be fine afterwards - and go in with a bit of fluidity. Be prepared from whatever outcome, and have fun along the way.

abandoned building/apartment mailbox

Agreed. And you definitely want to be somewhere you feel comfortable and safe ( ie, home). Not a bar or concert or something like that.

>muh egodeth
sure thing junkie

Ive never done shrooms but ive done 700ug of lsd

>Me playing minecraft
>on shrooms
>feeling of childish christmas eve
>squared sun starts to rise
>pixelated landscape looks like a fucking Friedrich painting
>cry

if that's what trip feels like then I would puke after 1 minute. Fuck that shit lol.

I'm not that user, but I've also taken LSD a couple times and I'm very interested in the research of naturally-occuring psychedelics.

This happens with any psychedelic substance. I've also tried Ayahuasca and San Pedro and both have this similar effect which can be described as "death of the ego", which is a state of mind in which you feel connected to everyone, the universe, god or something alike. I think this is the main reason why your concept of reality is "shattered", because you suddenly stop feeling like an individual fighting on its own in this mysterious world and you feel more like part of a collective.
The other main reason why your reality will be shattered is because of the strong shift in perception your senses have.
The visuals, in most cases, are enough to make people rethink if we really understand this universe as well as we think we do.
If you're interested in this topic, I suggest reading/listening to Terence McKenna and read about psychedelic geommetry and psychonautics.

>Then when the trip ends, you'll have a lot to think over, and just like sobriety or any substance, thoughts will change you and how you perceive things.

Perfectly put.

Have you tried psilocybin? If so, what has been your experience?

> (You)
>>Massively, mind-blowingly positive.
>Please share more about this

The overwhelming feeling that everything is all right, that you belong here. It doesn't sound like much, but it was fucking profound and it's stayed with me all these years... a foundation which has made my life much more satisfying than it might have been without the experience.

This is home. Life is good.

Not yet, I hope to do it next summer. I'm from South America so that'd be on January - February for me.

Ego death isn't always the case on psychedelics, especially at lower doses, but there is almost always a strong shift in perception, both during and after the trip. I think its partly the visual aspect, not much else can change what you're seeing in such a nonsense way for that long.

Also, a really good book on DMT called "The Spirit Molecule" He did controlled experiments on folks and the findings are fascinating. DMT abolished your ego and if you "break through" you will encounter other beings. I'm not kidding.

Respect for the psychedelic experience is ALWAYS key.

Which part would make you puke?

You can change your outlook on life through one trip. Think about your future, things you want to change ect. There's studies showing how beneficial they are for your brain. Also sex is BOOMMBBBBB

>Respect for the psychedelic experience is ALWAYS key.

This is very good advice.

That's what I thought as well. I get motion sick extremely easy, I can't even play most FPS games for extended periods without feeling nauseous.
I handled the trip without any of that though.

youtube.com/watch?v=am12fHnOhXQ

youtube.com/watch?v=xYhtXI4Prpo

if anything goes wrong - I will sue you!

If you're worried, pop a motion sickness pill while consuming them. They will kick in at around the same time.

You should probably have a tripsitter with you when you are tripping for the first time. Tripping alone can be little scary if something goes wrong. I have had some really nightmarish trips when tripping alone in a bad mood,

did it feel like dying? did you feel physical pain?

>tripping alone in a bad mood
>bad mood

That's the problem right there. Do NOT touch psychedelics if you feel off in any way.

Thanks, will watch them now.

I dont remember feeling any physical pain, but it did feel l like I was dying. I remember being in my room and suddenly the door to my room started to move towards me and I was scared it would attack me.

Strap in butt boy cause this ones a doozy.

>Be me
>Be 19
>2nd time with shrooms.
>Splitting them with evil ex gf (she stabbed me and I almost died. lost 3L of blood. moving on)
>She take some pussy amount. We had 6g total. She had about half a g. I took the rest.
>Friend comes over with even more shroom. Take an additional 5g.
>gitreadybutthole.jpg
>Chilling outside.
>It starts to kick in. Faster than lsd (multiple trips) way faster than the first time with shrooms.
>Start panicking a bit. Go lay down in my bed.
>Sweating profusely. My bed was soaked. Hearing crazy noises like spaceships. Having intense open and closed eye hallucinations.
>Can hear a conversation happening on other side of house (I was in a basement room and they were upstairs. Shouldn't have been able to hear. Verified I heard what they were talking about later. Shouldn't have been possible.
>Still sweating. My arms are wrapped up around my head. I spend a long time opening and closing my eyes, seeing different things every time. Everything is changing colors.
>I close my eyes and feel like 8 hands touching me. When I open my eyes I see additional arms attached to me. They are caressing me.
>Starting to get a little scared from how intense it is.
>Hear a voice say, "Be calm my child, for you will now know the way.
>Begin to feel better and lay on my back.
>Noises are getting super fucking intense. I close my eyes. Everything is getting stronger. I'm no longer aware of where I am.
>Feel myself sort of tug away and I slip out of my body. Float upwards. I can see my room. Turn around in mid air and see myself lying on the bed.
>Theres an eye on my forehead that is spinning in slow circle. There is a blue-white light emanating from the closed eye. Noises grow in intensity.
>I peak. The noise stops. The eye opens. My spirit (for lack of a better word) goes into my eye on forehead.

>Come to in an environment of pure light. I can't see anything. Feel immense calm, peace, and happiness. A being comes to me and speaks to me.
>I ask it where I am. It says just be satisfied you are where few before you have come. That even if I could see it I would never be able to understand it until I move on. 4th dimension is what pops into my head. I feel the being smile. I could feel what it was doing in a way. It didn't make a sound and I couldn't physically see it. But it was like it was right in front me.
>Ask the being what it is. He says you know what I am and there are many like me. Everyone becomes like me eventually. They gain the power to create and see beyond (still don't know what it meant by this)
>Ask if Hitler came here or Stalin. It says eventually they will.
>Hang out there for what seems like days. I bask in the warmth and happiness. To this day nothing has come close.
>I attempt to open my eyes and the being smiles and says, "Didn't I tell you even if you could you wouldn't comprehend?"
>I ask why I am here and what I'm supposed to do. It says I'm here because I was seeking and there's nothing I'm "supposed to do"
>Ask what the purpose to life is. It says the only purpose of life is to live and love and hurt. To experience what it means to be human until no more can be experienced. That the earth is just one stage of the soul and when its ready it will move on to the next dimension.
>Does that mind smile again and says its time to go back.

>Wake up in my bedroom. Its been like an hour. I'm still tripping pretty hard.
>Go see my friends and family. Eat some canteloupe. Just enjoy being alive. Feel like the secrets of the universe have been unlocked and shown to me. Feel inner peace and happiness that was rivaled only by being with the light being.
>Just enjoying living. Breathing the air. Smelling the grass. Feeling the mud in my toes and the wind on my face. Colors look beautiful. Food tastes wonderful. I love myself and by extension everyone and everything as I am a part of that and they are a part of me.

I'll never forget that trip. Haven't done them since then. I feel like I got what I wanted out of it. Maybe one day when my kid is older I'll do them again.

Have fun with your trip user. A word of advice.

Set and setting are important. Be with people you trust in an environment you're comfortable in. Make sure you won't be bothered by anything that will make you anxious. If you do get scared remind yourself that this is a drug. Millions of people have used it before you and no one has died and you won't either. You will be fine. Let go and enjoy it.

You get out of it what you put into it. I meditated for two weeks daily about the trip I was gonna have. I was seeking a spiritual experience and I sure as hell got one. I don't know if it was real or not. Probably not. But it changed the way I view people and the world.

Much love

Yes it was really stupid I know. Especially because I took 8g of dried shrooms which was bit too much for me.

Thanks for sharing user, that was a really nice well detailed experience. Especially like the tip about meditating beforehand.

Did you use any drugs regularly in the build up towards it?

I've done them a fair amount of times, really good stuff as well. I've had various doses of Mongolian ones I got online but the best was when I got some fresh picked ones from the mountains. Clearest trip I've had.

They're not similar to edibles try about 2 grams if it's really strong stuff and do it urn people you're comfortable with

Is 1.5 grams too low?

>scared the door would attack me
Kek

First time I did them it was amazing... second time well.... I took one cap too many... cont?

Please do

Being in a moving car is pretty sweet when you are tripping. It feels like the car you are in is flying and it is fascinating to watch the traffic around you. Of course you should not drive yourself but if your friend drives it can be pretty fun.

>Much love

Nice.

Yea it was quite wild. I remember hiding in the corner of my room because I thought the door could not find me there. Then I waited for what felt like a long time and in the end I forgot what I was doing in the corner and went back to listening music

This

First time take 2-2.5g
Trip when you have an empty day the next day, no responsibility
Always have music playing, if you're brave enough or comfortable enough turn on the shower, turn off the music, sit down and close your eyes

I've taken 7g before, I've done it more times than I can count
I've done a lot of LSD too

Little on the lighter side but it's definitely not too low, it's really not a bad thing to start slow especially with psychedelics

I smoked a lot of pot back then but I didn't use anything for the express purpose of adding to the trip

What differences have you experienced between LSD and mushrooms? Do you prefer one over the other?

You can always take more of a drug. You can never untake too much. These are powerful drugs. They are not to be taken lightly. If you are just looking to get fucked up then I suggest moving on.

If you want an experience that will rock you to your very core then start slow and work your way up. Especially if you are by yourself. I would recommend for a first time use between 1-3g depending on body weight. Don't use above 3 until you have at least one trip under your belt.

Super fun. One trip I was in my friends souped out honda accord coup. He had blue lights on the inside and out. Legit felt like I was piloting a space ship.

Side note: DONT drive on shrooms kids. Nothing happened to me but I had no business putting my self or other people at risk.

If you take 5 grams dried or more, "your whole concept of reality is shattered" absolutely applies.

(Pssst, body weight doesn't matter with shroom dosage, it's a lot of other factors throughout your body and brain (: )

Not who you asked but in my experience LSD is more mechanical. Shrooms is more groovy, flow with nature.

Its easier for me to control an lsd trip (unless you take too much). Its like this.

LSD is like co-piloting a plane. You cant get out until the flight is over and you have a little control over where you go but for the most part you have to ride with it.

Shrooms is like you are a passenger. You can do nothing but relax and enjoy your trip. Don't try to control your trip or you'll have a bad time. Just let go and tell yourself that you are just tripping. That you are in no danger and all is well and you'll be fine.

Best to have a TRUSTED FRIEND (I cant express this enough. Someone you trust 100%. Not Joe Schmoe from school)

After your first few trips it can be fun to go out and catch a movie, or go on a hike to a mountain peak. Try to avoid driving (uber), but most other activities become profoundly more interesting. When talking to sober people avoid long sentences, keep it short and sweet. Your first trips should be in a safe, comfortable environment. Avoid tripping in a agitated or upset state, unless you want those feelings amplified. If you have unresolved emotional issues, you may have to confront them, but the trip can help you face things and move on, emotionaly heal, and mature, if done in the right way. Remember you are a stick floating down a stream, for about 4 to 5 hours, enjoy the ride, go with it, don't freak out. Eat them, smoke them, make a tea. Enjoy user!!!

A Heroic dose indeed

This thread isn't selling me on psychedelics art all. I never hallucinated before and the very last thing I want to do is wake up naked in the middle of a parking lot with my own car keys shoved up my ass while I try and start it (my own ass)

I used to love taking light doses (under 2g) and going to a movie with friends. Super fun. We'd always go hang out by the lake afterwards and shoot the shit or smoke a joint in the woods. Super fun.

Anybody have experience with extremely stupid thoughts and fear that it's permanent? Like just the most idiotic derp thoughts imaginable, fucking horrifying.

Where in this thread do you see that? If you use it responsibly then that won't happen. If you try to get fucked up and take as much as you can you might. But taking a reasonable dose (3g or less) in a controlled environment with a sober trip sitter (or atleast a very experienced tripper) and you'll have a great time.

currently looking at growing a batch in my apartment, anyone have any experience growing from a website in the US?

I've tripped a couple dozen times on mushrooms, and I've used about a dozen other psychedelics (LSD, mescaline, MDA, DMT, 5-MEO-DMT, 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-E, 2C-I, salvia, few others).

I'd recommend any location where there's a low risk of other people interfering with your experience. A park/forest area with low foot traffic, ideally one that you're familiar with, is what I'd recommend.

Bring a backpack. Water and snacks.

As for dosage, if you're prone to anxiety and will be totally alone, I'd recommend 2 grams dried to start.

With that, you'll get some good visuals, a safe sense of what stronger doses without much risk of losing control, and after the come-up (where anxiety will peak) you'll likely experience a controllable trip.

I personally have typically paired it with a small amount of marijuana, usually at the come-up - a hit or two at most to control nausea and amplify the visual effects.

I've had bad trips if that's what you're asking. It only happened once. It was the first time I tripped and I stupidly ate 6g.

I wouldn't surrender myself to the drug. I was fighting it. When you learn to let go you feel happy.

If you want to have a good trip then do it on a good day. If you feel anxious then put it off. If you feel sad then put it off. Use it on a good day when you have someone you trust and you're in a comfortable place (like your home).

And you don't suddenly start having a bad trip. Its more of a gradual process getting there. You have to learn to let go and just tell yourself that you are tripping. You aren't gonna die. That you're gonna be ok and let go and enjoy the ride. Fighting it and trying to be sober is a good way to get a bad trip.

They're not for everyone.

And by the way, like we've all said in this thread, your trip will depend on how much you take and "set and setting." If you take too much and also going through anxiety, you will end up naked in a parking lot with keys in your anus. However, if you take a light amount and sit on a mountain during a very relaxed day you will beyond love it.

I don't know if I can say I have a favorite, but I definitely have deep connections with both

To help try and explain some differences:
LSD is like the branches of the tree, shrooms are like the roots.

With LSD I've been able to get my shit together, sort through emotions and problems all while experiencing an overwhelming feeling of heeling. The next day I wake up feeling reborn, I feel renewal through my mind and body. While yes both trips can be very intense, it's the "seriousness" that really separates the two. With LSD you can absolutely have an amazing time while tripping, but you learn about life and how beautiful and complex it can be. You learn about yourself and what you could be doing better.

With mushrooms, especially in higher doses things take a much more serious turn. Here's where you face everything you've been neglecting to face, and where you instead learn about the universe, and existence itself. You're left not with a sense or renewal, but as if you've been reset, like waking up and having to wonder what month it is because of it. While yes you can have a good time with shrooms I feel as if that really isn't it's main point. I found ego death to be much more easy to obtain with mushrooms because of it's teachings of the universe as oppose to life, you can imagine how it would feel heavier or (again) more serious.

I can speak about other aspects if you're curious

After your first few trips it can be fun to go out and catch a movie, or go on a hike to a mountain peak. Try to avoid driving (uber), but most other activities become profoundly more interesting. When talking to sober people avoid long sentences, keep it short and sweet. Your first trips should be in a safe, comfortable environment. Avoid tripping in a agitated or upset state, unless you want those feelings amplified. If you have unresolved emotional issues, you may have to confront them, but the trip can help you face things and move on, emotionaly heal, and mature, if done in the right way. Remember you are a stick floating down a stream, for about 4 to 5 hours, enjoy the ride, go with it, don't freak out. Eat them, smoke them, make a tea. Enjoy user!!!

Check out this book (they also have an Instagram page)

amazon.com/Psilocybin-Mushroom-Bible-Definitive-Mushrooms/dp/1937866289

There are also many YouTube videos showing how to grow them.

Does anyone have a RELIABLE website link, journal, etc, that shows the side effects and damage psilocybin can do to you? I want to know what permanent damage they can do.

I'd also like to mention LSD has a 2-3 week antidepressant after effect, you'll feel absolutely great, have good days

Shrooms have an afterglow, you'll feel reset but for 2-3 days after everything visually with be BEAUTIFUL I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGh
A sunrise after a shroom trip is absolutely gorgeous

definitely eat an eighth. every time i've tripped that's what i've done, it's a perfect amount to have a nice strong trip but not wreck you. tried shrooms for the first time when i was 17 or so, 180-some lb dude. maybe do 3 grams if you're super small guy. have others with you if they're also tripping or sober, don't hang out with drunk people. drunks totally ruin the vibe of your trip with how loud and pushy they can be. anything you do will be fun, and your mind will be thinking of every aspect of life totally different than you ever have before. pretty much anything you like/enjoy normally you'll fuckin love when tripping, except for food. eat a light healthy meal before with some orange juice so your body will feel good. music, tv, video games, etc are all awesome. i like to go on walks when i start coming down a little bit. just eat em, hang out for a little while, and enjoy the ride!!!

Unless you have dormant mental disabilities there will be no permanent damage from shrooms.

Only danger is if you're predisposed to mental illness or if you have any
You won't really find any information on how physically dangerous but it really isn't, it's one of the safest drugs

Any more Infos and experiences on DMT?
That is the only one I am interested in.

I can link some discord servers if you'd like to speak of psychedelics, or even drugs in general without prejudice or fake bullshit information