Living in Atlanta vs living in Seattle?

Living in Atlanta vs living in Seattle?

Next year i have the choice of studying in a university in either city. Whats it like living in these cities? What should i know about these cities? Is there a lot to do in Seattle? The weather isnt a concern to me since im from the UK and from what i gather, the weather is pretty much the same in Seattle as it is here (Rain!!)

One thing that i REALLY like about Seattle is the legality of marijuana

Legal weed is reason enough to choose Settle. If you like nature there's nice trails an hiking spots outside of the city. Not much of a music scene there these days though, 25 years too late.

it depends what you know about Atlanta. Atlanta is in the south, as you probably know, and therefore it's gonna be completely different than Seattle. Also, Atlanta is hot and humid, and has a lot of blacks (if thats a problem).

Live outside our Seattle but Seattle is very comfy for anyone that likes to do stuff. Only bad thing is the Amazon butt fucking the city with their mile of Amazon. Atlanta seemed nice when I visited, much cleaner, less homeless (lots of homeless in Seattle) but the heat is more than I'd like. Also Washington is a nice state and it puts you in the middle of pretty everything that's good about the NW.

atlanta is full of niggers. you definitely don't want to live there

Atlanta requires a car, or ass tons of time on what they call Marta. Summer is hot and humid, like a hot shower room you can't get out of.
Homeless are fewer, but are everywhere in the inner city. Saw one oiling his hair with olive oil from a salad bar.
Stay the fuck away from the Grady emergency room. You'll be there 48 hours unless you come in on an ambulance with something serious.

Are blacks only in certain areas? (from what i read theyre mostly around the south of atlanta)

I love Seattle, but living here is expensive as fuck. Make sure you plan out where you're going to live and how much it will cost as housing costs keep going up.

There are black people everywhere in Atlanta. It's also the gay hub of georgia.

pretty much the entire city. seattle would be my choice.
>cleaner
>no niggers
>excellent food
>excellent microbreweries

seattle hands down. I have been to both and lived in Oregon for a while. Atlanta is a hell hole unless you're from the south and like that culture. I live on the east coast mid Atlantic btw....so I'm not just a north pacific fag

Second the hell hole.

you're either gonna have to deal with communist shitlibs or niggers. You have a better chance at not being mugged or shot in seattle.

southern schools tend to focus on football. the rest focus on academics. if you're going to school to play ball, atlanta. if you're going to school for a meaningful degree, seattle
seattle doesn't have a nigger problem
atlanta has 2 seasons; summer and august. summer is hot, august is hot as balls
i'd rather deal with rain instead of heat
oh, did i mention atlanta is full of niggers?

I currently reside in ATL. Well a suburb of ATL. ATL is a pretty awesome city and you wont run into asshole hipsters nearly as much as you will in Seattle. ATL also has a well established night life. The history of ATL alone is more interesting than that of Seattle .

What are you studying by the way? Because ATL hosts some of the most reputable schools in the Country. I can't count how many historiographic texts Iv'e read from professors across the state. Its kind of an awesome feeling to know that you are a part of something like that when you read that shit.

Everyone is giving the nogs too much credit for what they are worth on here. Nogs in the south are some of the nicest nogs you are going to find anywhere. Take it from someone who has traveled from California to Georgia. People in general are much friendlier than just about anywhere else I've ever been to so that is a def plus if you aren't a neckbeard faggot. Speaking of which, you probably are a faggot, ATL has you covered on that. There are a bunch of fags in the city. just be careful for aids. Or don't you degenerate.

Seattle may have fewer niggers than Atlanta, but they are certainly there.

if it's ga tech, go!

I've lived both places, Seattle more recently. If I had to go back to one I'd choose Atlanta without giving it a second thought.

Seattleites like to think of their city as the Paris of the West. It's not. It's an overpriced port town...a working-class city that's putting on airs.

Wanna buy a house in Seattle? Get ready to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars for a two-bedroom fixer-up in the Central District. And insure it well, because the entire city is subject to the whims of the Cascadia Subduction Zone, and when that fucker moves--and it will sooner or later--your half-million-dollar box is going to sustain some damage.

But at least you'll get to enjoy the company of your neighbors. Maybe. If they're not pretentious pricks with their heads so far up their own ass they can see their tonsils. Do an Internet search on the term "Seattle Chill". It's a real thing, believe me. The Puget Sound region is the kind of place where folks have no problem approaching you in public places to loudly criticize your child-raising skills. It's fun.

The scenery, though, is beautiful. And if you commute on the I-5, you're gonna have all kinds of time to look at it as you inch along for what seems like hours. If you do like so many folks that work in the city and live where they drove to until they could afford something, it will be hours.

Atlanta's no utopia, but overall I found the cost of living much more in line with reality, the people to be friendlier and more welcoming to newcomers, and the cultural and entertainment offerings to be on par with any other major city, including Seattle.

Give Atlanta some thought...maybe pay it a visit. You may be pleasantly surprised.

People like to give Atlanta shit because its in the south. But you know what? It ain't that bad down here and if you asked me 15 years ago whether or not I'd enjoy living here I'd probably say you were crazy.

In atlanta a cop knocked on my door during a party. everyone panicked. I opened the door and the cop said "Excuse me sir we recieved a noise complaint turn the music down, also close the window when you smoke weed you know its illegal." and he left. I smoked weed in every bar I went to in atlanta sometimes with cops right there. so its "Illegal" but if the cops arent looking for a reason to bust you otherwise they don't care.

I hear ya. I'd enjoy moving back, given the opportunity. It's one of the nicest cities east of the Mississippi. People that don't know just think "Big Dumb Southern", but it's not that, not at all.

But I'd take a pass on going back to Seattle. I was there for eleven years. I'm done with that place.

seattle, west coast is best coast

It has a lot of chinks, but they are pretty pleasant

In the city of Atlanta, getting caught with weed is like a 75 dollar fine now.

where dafuq is OP?

seattle is the second-whitest major city in the country, the first is portland

This user gets it. Second pretty much everything they said. Only thing they left out was if you're out in public prepare to be asked several times a day for and spare change /help me out with a few bucks for gas/anyway you could help me pay for my hotel room for the night ?

Playing overwatch, refreshing the thread every now and then ^_^
Unless you mean literally, in which case im in the UK

How are the nightclubs in seattle? I feel like all i would get is folk music

seattle is a sausage festival of awkward white guys from tech biz. bars hard close @ 2am.

also pnw beer sucks it's like they just pop a hop on your tongue such as fresh off the plant and you're all dehydrated and not drunk at all

Not OP but this is selling me on it. I live in NC, major nigger problems. It's infected all the white kids too so the whole place might as well be niggers except for some hipster enclaves and red necks in the country.

Weed is decriminalized pretty much in Atlanta. I have lived in Atlanta for a while so I can offer some insight.

for university if you are going to GSU the area around it is pretty heavy in crime, im not joking when I say the niggers in Atlanta are crazy.

For tech it is safe area but it borders the hood.

Atlanta is drug friendly and lgbq or whatever friendly if that is your thing. There are variable price points for most housing, I suggest staying in dorms your first year if you are 18, and then finding a house or apt to rent with room mates

The gsu campus is a little spread out and you will need to commute around the city via walking/bus, same thing with tech but its campus is more concentrated.

there are plenty of things to do in Atlanta but you will pretty much need a car

I'm not a big nightclub kind of guy, so I didn't go to all that many.

When I was there, there were several places that got pretty big acts, and that was fun. I saw Iron Maiden, Helmet and George Clinton at places that let you get within inches of the stage, which was neat. There's a decent variety of places.

404 here wattup

Kennesaw here

Don't even think of coming to Seattle. Fuck off, we're full!

aww shiet, I almost went to ksu for university. nice area

its aight. the history department is kinda lame. Valdosta State has a better history department I think.

I did leave that out. My bad.

Yeah, take your lady-friend out for a night on the town...maybe Pioneer Square, or U-Way. Not only will you get to put up with all the spangers ("spange" is Seattleite for "spare change?") but you r female companion might enjoy some thrills of her own...a nice ass-grabbing, almost certainly some fine commentary from the gallery...that sort of thing.

>Living in Atlanta vs living in Seattle?

Atlanta is full of niggers and insanely humid and uncomfortable. A city of sweaty niggers. The obvious choice is Seattle.

I would be going to Emory.

Is this actually true? Can someone else confirm?

Also, in which city would being British benefit me the most? (girls, social life etc)

>ar, or ass tons of time on what they call Marta.

Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta

KSU fag here too. Graduated a few years back and moved out West to get outta the South and away from constant traffic. Miss it sometimes though.

what was your major?

oh shit, Yea Emory is nice area but if you arent living on campus you might have a bit of a commute, I lived about 20min walk from emory, it is a very good area and close to Decatur city

It is near a gun range, CDC, and plenty of other shits. You should visit Mason Mill park right near campus, I used to smoke there all the time in highschool

Seattle is super left so being white is a negative

Emory is a pretty white school, yes the summers are hot here but the autumn and spring is beautiful. The winters are meh, currently the weather has been hovering around the upper 50's at its highest.

as far as how much pussy your accent will get you? lol it can go either way, if you are an awkward fuck then probably not much. Southern chicks like confidence so if you got that you should be good.

You think being white is helpful when you're neck deep in negrofriends?

Take this up to Sup Forums if you want more honest answers

Psychology like a dumbass. Was wasting too much time dicking around, so I just picked something that somewhat interested me to at least get a Bachelor's and get outta school. Partied too much and switched majors a couple times, so that's what I ended up with. Miss my old college house though, god damn those were simpler times.

8% nig is 8% too high.

what do you do currently?

Eight percent of the population, eighty percent of the background noise.

OP asked about two cities, not about what your general opinion on black people is

you're still in america.. so, no matter where you move to, it'll be waste of time, surrounded by fat ameritards with dangerously low intelligence. leave while you still can and move to a country that isn't run by the world's top fucking retards.

There will be more blacks than you've ever seen in your entire life.

Just be content. The alternative is far worse.

This

atlanta is full of blacks. unless you are black, atlanta will not be good place for you.

lol where do you even live?

I traveled for 2 years driving around and exploring the country and ended up out west and am just working a bullshit customer service gig for the time being since I ran out of money and needed something right away where I moved. My job sucks ass though, so I'm looking at possibly seeing if I can utilize my major for anything or get back into sales which is what I did back in Atlanta.

I lived in Seattle for 2 years and its safe to say its one of my favorite places ive ever lived in. The Atmosphere is incredible, the weather is decent, and weed is legal

shit, that blows. You ought to be able to get a better job with your degree. You can probably work in HR within a company or as a counselor within a public service provider.

Look up Seattle Freeze

Yea, I'm going to look into potential HR positions. I mean I put myself in this situation, so that's on me. Things work for now, but customer service for a bank and literally talking to dumbasses who don't understand how credit cards work gets old ridiculously fast. I traveled the entire country and knew absolute freedom for a couple years, so it was worth it. Back to square one unfortunately, but it is what it is.

I just couldn't handle the commute to Midtown every day and the heat and humidity was never my thing.

Atlanta. Seattle is a liberal shithole full of homeless people and filth. You're gonna find needles in the yard of your $4000 apt. Pass.

Heat and humidity sucks. Coming from Los Angeles its no cakewalk for me. But I put up with it knowing that for as much as I sweat and stew with my swamp ass, so too does everyone else.

You could always join the military with your degree. Enlist as an officer. Become a modern say Sidney Freedman from M.A.S.H. Youd have the stability and insurance of military life, and the perks as well. The only thing that would suck is the.,.. well, military life.

Haven't really considered that. Not sure how they would feel about enlisting a 28 year old without any prior experience. There is a fair amount of military in my town though, something else to look into as well.

I'll figure it out. I moved out here to simplify my life, and while I don't have too many worries, I haven't made many friends in the year I've been here so it's getting lonely. My buddy has a killer job he can get me if I move back to the metro-Atlanta area, so I'm somewhat considering that once my lease expires in April.

I've only lived on west coast, but Seattle was worst place by far to live. Weather I could put up with. People are fucking assholes. Way too expensive too. Night life sucks, local beer tastes like you're drinking actual hops, but it's "hip" to like the beer.

I too had about 3 years to traveling around, about 3 weeks in each place, living in decent hotels that cleaned all my shit for me, free rental car, all meals and gas expensed. The come down is hard.

Yea man, it's like a full stop. I saved up a lotta money and traveled for pleasure visiting tons of national parks and places and visited buddies in every corner of the country. I overextended myself a bit financially because I had insane wanderlust and just kept going, so here I am starting over. Completely worth it, but I am so burnt out at my shit job, it's time for a change. I'm too bright to be explaining to idiots why they have interest charges or late fees on their credit card bills when they don't pay or some other equally retarded issue.

I would love to find a job that involves travel, but I haven't really had any luck finding something that I could get hired for. I miss being on the road more than I ever thought possible.

what was your favorite place out of all of them and why?

I've lived in both, just moved back to the South from Seattle like a month ago.

What kind of work did you do on the road?

OP here. Damn its so difficult to decide ;_; idek what my deciding factors should be, but i think ill go for Seattle. Seems like a nice all-round city with a lot to offer. Good food, beaches,scenery, legal weed. ATL just seems like a bit much for me.

My only real worry is that from what i read, seattle students (UW) and residents tend to be less social than those of atlanta. The implication of this for me being that finding a good group of friends may be harder in Seattle

Shit, I would just take off and drive. Saw so many awesome nameless places. How to go to Hawaii for free. Probably liked Washington state, Spokane area, best. So laid back and cool and beautiful mountains. West coast was awesome for spicy Asian food too.

I didn't work. I was traveling for pleasure. Was only supposed to do a loop around the country for a month or 2, but I just couldn't stop traveling. I had saved up for a year or 2 after I graduated and just took off and drove and explored the country.

I'd love to find a traveling job though.

Nice. I just had to teach people who were shitty with computers how to use their computers which were really just glorified cash registers.

atlanta is full of niggers, seattle is full of progressive sjws...pick your poison

Sounds like a pretty solid gig. I have a few buddies who travel quite a bit for work and they seem to enjoy it. A change of scenery and a little variety is always good, especially when it comes to a job.

Seattle, especially coming from the UK
It's hard to avoid the niggerish parts of Atlanta

It's good if you're a fuck like me who looses interest fast and starts to slack at work if it becomes repetitive or I'm around the same people all the time. Say what you want about the hassle of airports and toting your shit around, you really do feel like you're accomplishing more and are more interested in what would otherwise bore you to tears. Just sucks when the wide ends. That said, I liked Seattle much more than Atlanta. Might not have been there long enough to deal with the most shitty people, but drove my balls off, visited every county in the state and a lot of BC as well.

>Seattle, especially coming from the UK

May i ask why?

>It's hard to avoid the niggerish parts of Atlanta
Wait, been there several times, where is this magical non-niggerish place?

I've lived in both cities, spent two years in Seattle and its the best place I've lived. Seattle will cost about twice as much to live there though. Although there's no state income tax in Washington so that's sweet if you plan on making money. And yea there are more blacks in Atlanta than whites. There's more homeless people in Seattle though (but there all young white people doing heroin). Seattle has way better public services like transportation. Also the average IQ of a person is noticeably higher in Seattle, but its an EXTREMELY liberal city full of SJW's that get offended about everything and are pretentious. So pick your poison but I'd def go back to Seattle if I had your choice.

Nice. Yea man that sounds like something I would enjoy. My job is literally just sitting at a desk, staring at a computer, and basically being a robot for 8.5 hours. It was fine at first because the benefits are killer and I was still brand new to town, but I lose a little bit more of my soul each day at this point. Same people, same types of calls, same thing all day every day. As you mentioned, I feel completely unproductive and even though my numbers are killer, I'm starting to cut some corners and just lost patience with the entire thing.

I was in a new town or state basically every day for a year when I was wandering, and I loved that. This constant repetition I'm dealing with now is going to drive me insane if I don't make a change. But whatever, it is what it is. I have a job, enough money to scrape by and go out every now and then, and I'm insured. Easy to forget how good I have it, but I'm looking for a change either way.

Seattle. You're between Oregon and Canada.

There are so many types of people in Atlanta. Finding a group of friends won't be a problem even with a small amount of effort. Also southern women fucking love Brit accents. Especially nigger gals, if that's your thing, in the schools there are some fine ass bitches.

Don't point the white foreigners at nigger bitches. Jesus. You're going to scare off the non-shitskin immigrants.

Atlanta user here. What university near Atlanta will you be attending? Atlanta sucks. It is infested with NAPA's (North American pavement apes). I am leaving Atlanta forever next week. Fuck this shithole.