Is gtx 1050 good in a laptop that's 700 dollars?

is gtx 1050 good in a laptop that's 700 dollars?

Other urls found in this thread:

eluktronics.com/w650kk1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get gtx 1060 or 1070

This is going to be my secondary gaming machine and 1060 or 1070 in a laptop would be too much over my budget

Then save and wait.
1050 won't play a single game made in the last 5 years.

I've seen benchmarks of the gtx 1050(it's a full desktop card inside a laptop since nvidia did some wizardry recently) and it does decently in many recent games at 1080p high settings(40ish fps i think)

You can probably at least get a 1050ti around there on sale
Idk go to Sup Forums they'll know

You can get 60+ on modern games at med/low
And if you're just playing CS or LoL or whatever it does fine.

60fps isn't really a must for me, heck my desktop with a gtx 970 can't reach 60fps all the time at ultra or sometimes or even high settings. I'll be fine tbh as long as it average like 40fps

It'll be fine for that. I'd still look for a 1050ti. You can probably get a Chinese barebones one with it.

eluktronics.com/w650kk1
Heard good things about this one

not bad actually

If you're buying it because you need something that can do light gaming AND do real work (school, work, etc.) then yea, that's actually not that bad. 1050 will get it done on medium-ish settings and if you drop it down to 720p it will be even better (assuming you're running on a small screen).

To give you some perspective, I've got a Surface Pro 4 i7 with 8 gigs of ram and I can get a constant 60fps in 720p on TF2, CS, Cup Head, Hollow Knight.........I can even run vanilla Fallout: New Vegas and the Iris GPU in the SP4 is nowhere NEAR a gtx 1050.

Yeah you get the cheapness of a China machine with an American company backing

yep kinda execpt also need it for some 3d modeling and programming

Loooool
Thats my laptop, totaly recomended, cheap and good as fuck, the worst think is low resolution

Got a 750 ti. Can play plenty of games even from more recent years than that. Not usually on high, but they work just fine. Quit shitposting, you're bad at it.

nah it's shit, get at least a laptop with a 1050ti

My buddy plays pubg on his msi laptop with a 1050 in it. No issues, he has it hooked up to a monitor.

Bull shit.

My 1050 Ti runs most games at 1080p on med/high at ~60, 1050 cant be much worse.

This is absolute bullshit. I currently have a 970M and I'm playing a lot of very new shit on max settings with 60+ fps.

my advice to you OP is to save your money until you CAN afford the newest specs. Hold off on getting something for a few months and just snag a 1070 when you can. Whenever the 1050 starts to get outdated you will be saying to yourself "man, I should've just went with the 1070"
Beat your future self to the punch.