Writing a paper for required poli-sci class and got to thinking:

Writing a paper for required poli-sci class and got to thinking:
If hardcore lefties and other anti-gun folks really care so much about life, why do they immediately exploit tragedy and cheapen the lives of victims by pushing their anti-Constitution agenda before the bodies are even cold? Seems a lot more opportunistic and obsessive than it does compassionate or reasonable.

If they really wanted to save lives, wouldn't they start with things like alcohol and tobacco? Smoking and drinking individually cause many more deaths and cost the country far more money.

Anyone else sorta think that maybe the gun thing is just a distraction to keep Americans in-line? Think maybe all the squealing about "assault rifles" is just a ruse to keep the people smoking and drinking and taking antidepressants which, fucking hilariously, carry side effect warnings which include "increased risk of suicidal ideation or action"?

Why are they so hell-bent on advocating for rapists and murderers to be spared, too?
Why are they so adamant about importing islamic extremists and bankrupting the nation by taking in more dead weight?

The left really is the party Orwell warned us about. Doublespeak, half-think, surveillance, and slavery; all under the banner of "Liberal" and "Democrat"

Other urls found in this thread:

prochoice.org/education-and-advocacy/violence/violence-statistics-and-history/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They aren't anti gun, they are extremely pro gun. They just believe that guns should soley be in the hands of government.

nice b8 m8 i r8 8/88, have a g8 day racist.

>thinking democrats are left
You flunked already, kid.

OP here. Red pill me on dems then, you pussy ass bitch.

>88, have a g8 day racist.
haha.
as predicted, no argument for the truth so you go with the trusty old tactic of screaming "racist" to shut down the speaker.
you cunts are anti-truth as well.

I have a feeling anyone left of alex Jones is a lefty to you.
You drank the fool aid straight up no chase

They're center-right and their natural consistuency is the yuppie. Idpol is literally just divide-and-conquer applied along marketing demographics. In policy, which actually counts unlike rhetoric, they are just as pro-private-property, pro-hierarchy, anti-working class as the other part of the billionaire ruling class.

>fool aid
Funny coming from an obvious member of the Cult of Obama.
You couldn't even respond to a single question either, just another weak ad hominem.
This exercise is going even more comically than I expected.
Eagerly awaiting your next deflective shitpost.

You willfully missed the point. OP said under the banner of liberal and democrat.
You're obviously a sharp guy, but not as sharp as you think if your reading comprehension skills didn't pick up on that. Be a little more humble.

I'm sure you have facts to back up your points

>cult of Obama
Lul
Theirs nothing to respond to, just a fear laden diatribe on all the most over blown lefty stereotypes. Your commentary is the meme equivalent of alex jones.

>you missed the point
>he goes on to restate the category error underlying this whole shitpost
Also, the "left" isn't even a party.
Anyway, OP never heard the phrase "never let a crisis go to waste". If he thinks politics has anything to do with honesty, he's got another think coming.

>implying you need to cite common knowledge

gun control is a lefty agenda they've been pushing since before bill clinton.
ever seen a person on the news get angry about people having access to liquor or tobacco?
ever see them bemoan the opioid epidemic and shit talk gsk or pfizer? of course not, beer and pharmaceutical ads are big $$

i could post stats from the cdc and the fbi and you would just call them fake news.
i notice you can't actually refute anything.
more deflection.

More ad hominem and tap dancing around the points OP made.

What kind of shit school has required polisci classes. Get a real major in a real school in science or something fucking degenerate.

Stop samefagging op, you didn't make any points autist

Missing the point again. The lefties call themselves "liberals" and "democrats," so it's not a "category error" retard. If you think your efforts to derail this post aren't obvious, and that a stupid old adage justifies vulturous behavior, then you've got another think coming and you're a duplicitous $hillbot.

Not OP and faggot or not he had some valid points. Obviously they didn't set well with your fragile little sense of self, so you're here (feebly) trying to do damage control and shit up the thread. You're still not addressing those points and just crutching on your limpdick ad hominem attacks.

I noticed you can't actually post facts and just deflect by insulting people

Holy fuck, I'm surprised you can read.

Spoken like someone who probably never went to college. I am in a STEM program, but you still have to take core curriculum shit like arts and humanities. Polisci, africana history, and some bullshit survey of art thing were the available courses I could take to fullfill the requirement for graduation. Fuck off, redneck.

>The left really is the party Orwell warned us about
So are you like, still in high school but taking college classes? Because only the young would think this shit. Lemme tell you how this plays out EVERY time.

democrat president. checkbooks start to balance out. economy slowly goes green.
republicans cry he's too soft. spending too much.
bring in this person or that person.
first order of business: pay off the rich that bankrolled their campaign
second on the list: start up a war in shit-hole nowhere (which racks up a nice total you can blame the next democrat on)
then you remove our freedoms under the guise of "security"

this has been the last 3 republican presidents.

What are these 'points'?

I deflected nothing and if something in that insulted you, then you're a thin-skinned pussy who has to imagine things to be outraged over.

I have a PhD in cancer biology. Again, what shit school do you go to?

why do I even bother. you are clearly uneducated to believe that what to you is common knowledge but completely unproven by scientific methodologies. permit me to provide you with an example, you are standing in your back yard (or behind the outhouse, whatever) facing East every morning. you see the sun rising over uncle earl's 84 chrysler thats up on them blocks of his. and each evening you face West and see the sun setting over the tire pile. common sense would tell you that the sun is revolving around the earth - science, on the other hand, proves the exact opposite. knowledge is power bitch - you're not in a poli-sci class, unless maybe DeVry has one. you basing all of your opinions on what you feel is right but nothing on examining the histories and social constructs of other societies. most civilized countries have greater gun control than the US. by most standards they also have more freedom. you are a fucking idiot that hasn't "pwned" anyone. go read a fucking book you fucking hillbilly.

You read the original post. You're either a troll trainee or a moron.

My point is that you have it exactly backwards. Liberals and democrats are, by any policy measure, center right, and it is they and their shills who call them left. Now do you see where the category error is?
>implying the two corporate parties are literally the only ways to think about politics
sure kid

Lol more insults
Still no facts
Do you have a credible source that doesn't include the words snowflake or cuck while making their argument?

>If hardcore lefties and other anti-gun folks really care so much about life, why do they immediately exploit tragedy and cheapen the lives of victims by pushing their anti-Constitution agenda before the bodies are even cold? Seems a lot more opportunistic and obsessive than it does compassionate or reasonable.

When do the bodies ever get cold? Seriously. It's been one mass shooting after another. Is this an indefinite stall tactic by the conservatives because they know that this nation hops from one mass shooting to another, and therefore there's never an appropriate time to discuss a limit to high capacity, high fire-rate weapons?

>If they really wanted to save lives, wouldn't they start with things like alcohol and tobacco? Smoking and drinking individually cause many more deaths and cost the country far more money.

Because everyone should be free to hurt themselves. Not a joke. If you want to eat a bullet, there should be no law against that. If you want to OD on smack, there should be no law against it. If you want to smoke and drink yourself to death, there's no law against it.

>Anyone else sorta think that maybe the gun thing is just a distraction to keep Americans in-line? Think maybe all the squealing about "assault rifles" is just a ruse to keep the people smoking and drinking and taking antidepressants which, fucking hilariously, carry side effect warnings which include "increased risk of suicidal ideation or action"?

To go after alcohol and tobacco in this manner would mean that you also have to go after Big Pharma, because half of the shit they sell says the same thing on their warning labels. And everyone knows, every member of congress is owned by those assholes. But to answer the question: No, I don't think mass shooting are "just a distraction."

>Why are they so hell-bent on advocating for rapists and murderers to be spared, too?

Because life in prison is CHEAPER than a death penalty. Or are you are arguing against Due Process?

>cringe

Just list them bub

America was built on giving people easy access to the things that are killing them currently, that's the fundamental problem with this young country.

Waning people off of their abundant and easily accessible indulgences looks impossible in America, absolutely impossible.
even Putin calls America a nation who's citizens are becoming a bunch of addicts.
>inb4 some retard says some shit about shilling

I feel sorry for the professor whose going to have to read this rubbish

>ctrl+F
>cuck
>ctrl+F
>snowflake

mfw only one result for each and both are in your post. you have nothing and you're just here to derail.

Already posted them, champ.
lmao. sure ya do, sport.
another outraged nincompoop pretending his wall of ad hominem attacks is "science"
kek.
"someone pointed out my bullshit, quick, call em dumb and call em a hick! quick!"

i had no idea this thread would produce such levels of rage, but the pseudo-intellectual bullshit is on par with what lefties would call a legitimate argument.
you haven't refuted a single point i made, nor have you provided any evidence. all you can do is call someone redneck or racist.

Tobacco and alcohol are regulated, so the point is moot? Cars are more regulated then guns, yet they are designed for transportation and not killing. How about a drivers license for guns? Would make dmv for interesting.

What's your paper about op?
Could you paste your introduction? Maybe an abstract if you have one.

Can't list points that don't exist. Just a selfish rant.

Why are they so adamant about importing islamic extremists and bankrupting the nation by taking in more dead weight?

There are just as many dangerous radical Christians in this country, if not more. It is a lie that every Muslim is a murderer or radical jihadist. Maybe if you got to know some, they wouldn't be a "boogie man" anymore.

>The left really is the party Orwell warned us about. Doublespeak, half-think, surveillance, and slavery; all under the banner of "Liberal" and "Democrat"

On the surveillance issue, I agree. The US intelligence gathering apparatus spawned by the Bush administration and super-charged by the Obama administration is an afront to American Civil Liberties. Trump has made it his administrations goal to undue absolutely everything Obama created. Except he hasn't touched the intrusive surveillance apparatus built by Obama. Why not?

>implying guns aren't regulated too
"more regulated than* guns"
"would make dmv more* interesting"
you're obviously drunk and worried that someone might take your booze away. that or you're just a dumb ass and your opinion is invalid

Nice argument ass face.

>by pushing their anti-Constitution agenda
this is b8

Hahaha.
>selfish rant.
This coming from the retard who thinks education and healthcare are "Rights."
The points are there, liberals are mostly liars and hypocrites. As you've demonstrated, they're also too stupid to take the salient points from a quarter page of text, and they lack any sense of responsibility or self-awareness.

shit tier b8 faggot
you should have stopped as soon as you got called out

>shame from attending a state or community college no one's heard of

b8
Russian bots

nothing to see here

COMMUNITY STUDIES STUDENT
ABANDON THREAD

If Roosevelt had lived to pass his second bill of rights, they would be and you'd have no choice but to shut the fuck up and follow the Constitution.
Kill yourself, neoliberal.

Someone's jealous they were home schooled.
>stoopid leftys and thier free edu-gay-shun
>hah, got em

>Why not?
you stupid faggot
Trump promised to bring back waterboarding. What makes you think he gives a fuck about civil liberties.

In vino veritas

This has to be bait. Nothing but begging the question the whole way through.

I know they're not all terrorists and I never said that. Many of the "refugees" however are illiterate dead weight, and at least a few of those are going to go jihadi once on US soil. The last time I can recall a Christian fundamentalist attacking an abortion clinic was years ago. He shot one or two people. The Pulse Night Club shooter killed around 50.

I'm no Trump supporter, not by a long shot. I'm a very jaded liberal who has come to realize that that label doesn't fit. I thought they actually gave a fuck about life, but they don't. Trump will probably only further supercharge the patriot act.
Thanks for at least acknowledging some of this and trying to have a real conversation instead of just being a knee jerk asshole.

shit tier b8, yet you've bit twice.
you must like the taste of shit then?

>starting every line with please
Kill me now

That's some serious tinfoil without anything to back it up user.

>why do they immediately exploit tragedy and cheapen the lives of victims by pushing their anti-Constitution agenda before the bodies are even cold?
>why do people want to talk about gun control after weekly gun massacres
GEE

LET ME THINK

I'm trying to warn other Sup Forumsrothers to steer clear of my fate. I'm afraid I'm done for.

If you thought hard enough you'd realize OP is completely full of shit.

>Writing a paper for required poli-sci class
You're probably going to get a C- quite frankly, if you're lucky.

Tobacco is the biggest killer.
Alcohol is third.
But food (fats and sugars and salt) that all make up heart disease are second. but ppl can't stop eating food.
Cars are fourth. But most of need to drive to get to wrork
Guns are way down the list and Libs deliberately forget to mention 2/3rds of all gun deaths are suicide.

You're the only developed country with weekly gun massacres.

Pulse was not an immagramt.
Attacks on abortion clinics happen every week although usually not life threatening.
Alt right literally run people over in cars mimicking jihad extremists.
If you want to split hairs we could talk about what the neo nazi's do on a daily basis but I think they are the only ones that consider themselves to be a part of the right.

None of those things have events where tens or hundreds of people get killed in a single instance.

I think OP is bullshit, but there is an epidemic of gun violence in this country.

still a better argument than "ass face"
hurr durr...if some crippled old commie faggot hadn't died....blahblahblah. he did though. and your whole post is based on speculation.
>has to mischaracterize his opponent and use mockery because he doesn't have a justification for stealing money from people to pay for his shitty SELFISH liberal arts degree
not in that guy's case

Is this one of those threads where it starts out smoldering and then turns into a dogpile on the lefty?

Why does it always take a foreign perspective to set our shit straight here. But who listens?

Now it's time to challenge you back:

Why is gun RESPONSIBILITY off the table? No liberal, including myself, wants guns confiscated. NO, I'd much rather see common-sense laws enacted that ensure legal gun owners are responsible for the weapons they own. Simply put: Own any kind of gun you want. .50 cal, full-auto with a 100 round drum? No problem! But, if that weapon comes up missing, then the owner is responsible for not securing a firearm. A crime that results in fines and jail time and /or probation (that includes the inability to purchase another weapon). Personal responsibility for the firearms you own is the key.

Why are conservatives so gung-ho to give huge tax breaks to the wealthy and large corporations? Corporations and the wealthy are already making far more profit than in the last 50 years, and yet we're not seeing any reinvestment into the economy. Job growth is still anemic. There is nothing to show that they won't simply pocket more profits at the expense of the middle class.

If conservatives are so worried about unborn children, then why don't they care about them AFTER they are born? In case after case, conservative slash spending for our most needy citizens - cutting CHIPS, education spending, lowering education standards with voucher programs, attacking universal health care. At every turn conservative attack children. Isn't "Pro-Life" really just "pregnancy as punishment"?

Actually suicide by gun is one of the leading points used to support the need for tougher gun regulation.
Stop just spouting nonsensical "I think this will sound like a good fact" bullshit.

Before you go off on a "typical libtard reeeeeeeee" rant I'm pro-gun and an NRA member, I just don't LIE to make my points like mouth breathers on the left and right do.

Your right about one thing. Rallying the right behind this non existent threat of losing all the guns is a great way to trick morons into voting against thier interests on other issues.

I like the picture because the first one is something he never said
>posting in a troll thread
gr8 b8 m8

pulse was jihad.
got a source on those abortion clinic attacks happening weekly? i'm positive the media would be all over that shit if it actually happened.
my rss feed includes retards from both sides of the spectrum, so i know i'd hear five variations of if...if it happened.
>one isolated alt-right attack vs a steady stream of muslim attacks annnd
you wanna follow that accusing me of "splitting hairs"? top kek, retard.
your finale was an ad hominem.
just another wasting cyberspace.
kys, loser.

>They aren't anti gun, they are extremely pro gun. They just believe that guns should soley be in the hands of government.

Don't forget: the government which is currently run by an openly-racist billionaire cheeto, institutionalized racism in the justice system, and cops that kill unarmed black men constantly.

Those are the only ones who should have guns. But also cops are all murderers. But they're the only ones who should have guns.

Hmm.

If the only argument is "you're drunk, go home" then you've lost

/thread

everybody go to bed

>why do they immediately exploit tragedy and cheapen the lives of victims by pushing their anti-Constitution agenda before the bodies are even cold

you mean like Trump sputtering out BUILD WALL whenever a not-brown person kills people?

how many times has his unconstitutional travel ban get stricken down again?

>Why are they so hell-bent on advocating for rapists and murderers to be spared, too?

trump is supporting Roy Moore and when neo-nazis murder a peaceful protester and you're whining about someone who isn't even president?

>triggered
prochoice.org/education-and-advocacy/violence/violence-statistics-and-history/
the fact is that your not as informed as you pretend to be and only murders make the news. I don't care to address the rest of your misinformation, this gish gallop is a waste of time.

It's almost like two parties aren't enough to fit everyones opinions and stupid people think the choice is a simple black and white and villifies the other side due to the lack understanding and selfawerness of the rationalisation one do when picking a side.

I didn't realize asking for some facts to back up your argument is derailing
wtf is a bibliography

"Liberal" is not a label I put on, and then tried to fit my beliefs around. Liberal is what I am:

>I believe a woman has the right to control her own body
>I believe that gun ownership isn't just a Right, but also a Responsibility
>I believe that the science conclusively proves that humans are causing climate change
>I believe that someone's sexuality is their own business and none of mine
>I believe that if gay people get married it has no effect on the solemn commitment I've made to my wife
>I believe there is no place for God in Schools or Politics
>I believe that someone should rot in jail for life instead of being put to death - death is easy, life is hard
>I believe workers have the right to collectively bargain
>I believe workers are entitled to fair wages that support families
>I believe that if a billion dollars isn't enough to live on, then there is something wrong with you
>I believe that if people want to do drugs, and they don't hurt anyone else, then they should have that right
>I believe that addiction is a medical issue and not a criminal one
>I believe that everyone has a right to protest in a peaceful way
>I believe that corporations are not entitled to the same rights as human citizens
>I believe that corporations don't act for the good of the population, only for profits
>I believe a great nation can feed its hungry
>I believe a great nation can heal its sick

I don't believe these things because I am a Liberal. I'm a Liberal because I believe these things.

Was I disappointed in the Obama administration? Yes. I had hoped we'd accomplish more. At the same time, I am extremely proud of the Administration that Obama ran. He was a class act, and very intelligent. I am deeply saddened that the best President of my life time is now in the history books. All we have to look forward to now is more Trumps and Roy Moores. They apparently represent the majority of Americans in this nation and that in itself is heart breaking.

>guns dont kill people, islam does, may as well make booze illegal too.
yeah, ok, ill take 5 shots of jack, you take 5 shots of 9mm, lets see who is in better shape after that.