Crust Punks Are Scum

Is there a bigger audience of obnoxious degenerates than Crust Punks?

For those blessed without the knowledge of these pathetic vagrants, imagine crossing a dirty hippie with an anarchist Punk squatter. Now try to imagine that same shithead dedicating his future to an idle life of homelessness, hard drugs and the occasional temper tantrum informed by the latest lyrical screeds from his favorite bands. When he isn't beating his bongo drums or strumming his out of tune acoustic at the latest protest, he's shooting smack, panhandling, accosting some poor sucker who committed the unspeakable atrocity of eating meat in his presence or ganging up with his buddies on another poor sucker who happened to say something that could be considered racist.

There really isn't a worse than this. Even the most loutish, knuckle-dragging skinhead looks dignified in comparison.

That said, I don't mind some of their music. At times, it's cathartically hateful and aggressive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STQFC9YuKfE
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3njtQaf6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're a faggot

t. trust fund "homeless"

we know

Not even close, you're just a faggot

That's okay, just have mommy and daddy wire you money for your medication.

Keep trying bud

Sounds like I touched a nerve.

t. numale

He's got the dubs and you don't, so you lose by default.

Hrs the only one who's been right so far.

i don't even think that guy is a crustfag
defending them is dumb but you all seem like pissy faggots

Most crust punks are just middle class suburban arseholes who complain about problems they've never even been close to and almost every crust band sounds the same.
That being said, a lot of it is still really good and I know some cool crusties. The crust punk denim uniforms are pretty pathetic - that's the real sign of a dickhead. I like that it became fashionable and now every teenage girl is dressing like them.

honestly, being in a DIY music scene with a large crustie presence, I have to agree. a large amount of them are just bored upper-middle-class suburban white kids who bought into the myth of "rugged individuality" and living an "authentic" life off the grid while still getting their parents to subsidize their hedonistic life. there are some crust punks who are good people - mostly the ones who genuinely had something bad to run away from - but the majority are obnoxious assholes

>almost every crust band sounds the same
this is the worst

this, yeah. especially with how it's gotten mixed with basic grind/PV and lost most of the experimental aspects of early crust/anarcho-punk bands, they literally all sound the same. it makes shows a complete drag, three or four sets from bands that not only look exactly like each other but sound exactly alike

I have friends who jumped onto the crust bandwagon and started a band. I go to their shows and every band sounds exactly the same. But everyone there acts like they don't sound the same. Probably because they all know each other. It's like a little echo chamber.

I blame Aus-Rotten for this, honestly. Discharge and Doom both have some culpability since they inspired many clones, but UK's Anarcho/Crust Punk scene saw much more diversity in sound than American Hardcore.

When Aus-Rotten dominated the American scene in the '90s, every Crust band wanted to be them. About the two best Crust bands to emerge from America were Resistant Culture, His Hero Is Gone and Dystopia.

*three

Added Resistant Culture as an afterthought.

lmao. sounds kinda comfy though desu.

Do these exist on the east coast? I feel like I've never seen one before. I do see plenty of druggie "artsy" types, and druggie punk types, but they don't seem crusty as much as just rich and trying to piss off their parents.

more of a pacific north west thing

Providence and Boston are loaded with them. There used to be a lot more crusty kids around AS220 and assorted areas. Once Club Hell closed, most of them dispersed or grew up.

If you like a room full of SJWs wearing GG Allin shirts and complaining about political issues that they don't understand then I guess it is. I find it really uncomfortable.

never mind then.
>wear gg allin shirt
>complain about sexism

Don't worry, the shit ones won't talk to you unless you dress in denim rags.

there's a lot in the Midwest too, I can only speak to Milwaukee and Chicago but I imagine they've spread elsewhere

>I have friends who jumped onto the crust bandwagon and started a band. I go to their shows and every band sounds exactly the same. But everyone there acts like they don't sound the same. Probably because they all know each other. It's like a little echo chamber.

Yes dude. The same thing has been going on with the socal ska scene since I started going to shows in high school.

nwi here. havent noticed any.

Interesting. There's a lot of gross young people in Baltimore, but they're all usually MICA students and listen to stuff like Roy Orbison, not crust punk.

Yeah I only know one or two people here in Baltimore who are full on crust punk, and one of them has already rejoined "normal" life. It's a pretty hard way of life judging how she's described it, idk why anyone would fully commit like that.

i wanna smell a qt crust punk girls feet!

north WI? yeah, I was in Appleton for a little while too and only saw a few, I think crust punks tend to gravitate to larger cities because that's where the freight trainyards are

northwest indiana

You don't. Trust me.

wouldn't expect to see too many then, if there's a strong crust punk presence there it'd be more central in indianapolis

In college I had a gf with dreads (white girl of course) and even though it was kinda gross I miss that sorta musty smell because I associate it with my first blowjob/sexual experiences.

There's a good number of them in Minneapolis / St. Paul, too.

Southern Indiana has a bunch of them too.

i thought southern indiana was all white trash and kkk members

crust punk is just another flavor of white trash

Nah, crusties are rich kids pretending to be poor.

Knew a guy who used to toss these guys off properties when he worked as a security guard in Portland. Worked at a bank, the courthouse and eventually contract work doing whatever he was assigned to. Dreadlocks, hats with buttons, dumb vests, skateboards they can't do tricks on and drinks Pabst.. really all you need to see to realize what you are dealing with.

Company the guy worked for got contracted by a real estate guy who had purchased an entire block of vacant homes. Boss man was doing massive renovations and needed security to accompany the cleaning crews. They went to this house and a bunch of crusties were squatting in it; beer cans and paper plates and assorted trash everywhere. A 250 foot extension cord was plugged into another vacant home that happened to have power but no windows. Also, needles were everywhere. Guy recalls having to physically drag two of the crusties out who were yelling that they were homeless and land is free before raving that private property is evil. The usual rhetoric. He ended up having to carry one of the crusties out in a choke while another worker held the vagrant's legs before tossing him clear into the street on his head.

Whoever contracted those guys must have had a heart, because they weren't even supposed to do that legally. He was supposed to call the police, but he didn't want to go that route, because they'd actually arrest and fine the hell out them.

He just wanted them out and gone.

The Fear thing kind of contradicts OPs thing.

kinda wanna get big and fuck up some crustie ass niggas after reading this

Is Choking Victim considered Crust Punk?
youtube.com/watch?v=STQFC9YuKfE

ska punk
bubblegum crust tbqh

What's a real crust punk album?

its real crust i guess. im not an expert. i just heard it referred to as bubblegum crust because its catchy. i like the term. link related is trve crvst.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3njtQaf6s

that's exactly what I'm saying. it's rich kids trying to be what their warped idea of "cool poor outcast" is and becoming functionally similar to regular white trash who were born that way. they act pretty much the same and people treat them pretty much the same

I see, not too bad but not my cup of tea.