Why are so many young men not going to college?

Why are so many young men not going to college?

because fuck that

Because college does not teach you anything you can't lern yourself with some dedication. It only wastes your time learning subjects that are irrelevant to your interests and marketability as a professional

Huh.

In college for engineering here.

I most certainly couldnt teach myself this.

Every class I have taken is relative to my interests and career pursuit.

Where do you go to school at?

Because nothing I want to do with my life involves a college degree as of right now. Also, how does getting into metric fucktons of debt in order to get a "good" job make any sense?

The question of is it worth it to be happier and follow your dreams at the expense of being slightly less "educated"

Because trade schools are superior.

i keep putting it off
being glued to a computer all day is just easier

college isnt just for learning shit
it's for getting laid, networking and getting the qualifications employers care about

Well, seeing as I'm not materialistic in the slightest, I'm gonna have to go with my daily happiness. I live a simple life and I'm happy with it. I don't need to make large amounts of money in order to feel validated. I have a loving family. good friends, and time to work on my craft. So yeah, gonna have to agree with what you were going with there, user.

A decent argument can be made for this stance. This really doesnt translate well to the STEM fields, though.

Same

Also its learning at a fast pace with coaching from people who know their shit and are willing to help, and you get hands on experience with equipment through lab classes without buying it or picking it up on the job. Plus all of the prestige and networking of your college could help you connect with employers who may have been unreachable, unknown to you or otherwise wouldn't have hired you.

Long story short, it's the express lane with bonus experience, a help line with feedback and a career network

because universities only want women and minorities

because i dont want to waste money on college

because the middle class is dying.

alright buddy. good luck learning chemical engineering on google.

because not everyone is a richfag

because it puts you in a six figure if not seven figure debt

said the guy that didn't go to college

ib4 i went to liberal art school

simple answer: no one can afford anything.

i was so fucked up emotionally i couldn't even graduate highschool, but that's a different story.
college would be do-able for me now that i'm in a better head space.

>richfag

i went to state school. Cost me $2500 a year. My girlfriend and I are broke living month to month and she's putting herself through nursing school.

Not rich is not an excuse. you're just fucking lazy, or too damn stupid for college to do you any good.

That guy's actually right. Most colleges are marxist boomer run wastes of money.

This

more likely to be accepted
more likely to get scholarships

stats are everywhere, im just too drunk

It's been right up my alley to go learn chemistry and then to go and make drugs and shit. Being a grad student and just running away with that shit is just fucking awesome. Maybe people just don't have weird interests or they're too afraid to go get it (whatever it is) because it seems hard. Uni isn't an easy pill to swallow sometimes but it can get you places.

kek, Im a first year organic PhD student, and that constantly goes through my head. Most drugs are super easy to make, except getting ahold of the materials on your own is impossible. But once they legalize herb, im making crystal THC for days

I went for a while; studied Economics because I thought the theories behind it were interesting.
My mental health collapsed half way through and I thought I was going to snap. I basically didn't talk to another soul for months. Just sat in the library reading any interesting book I could find. Old maps, urban planning you name it.

It's only a waste of money if you're going for the wrong reasons (and or stupid), but if I wasnt doing what im doing at uni, id be more than happy in trade and idk why people scoff it

Because I have learned that all I need to sustain myself is a sleeping back for warmth, and my own earwax for nutrition

>Why Indeed.

The tragic truth about young men is that nobody cares about us unless we snap and harm a shit tonne people.

I don't know, Jordan Peterson you tell me.

this. they definitely don't give a shit about our feelings.
i see dudes shit on daily, no one gives a shit.

1981 was the last year more men than women graduated from a 4 year college program.

Because it's a waste of time, gets you nowhere and fucks you over with debt for the rest of your life. Plus if you're a white dude you'll never get hired because you don't fill the diversity quota for whatever shit company is looking.

>go to college

"Fuck you why would you waste your money on a worthless degree"

>don't go to college

"Fuck you why don't you do something with your life instead of being a NEET"

>Work a lot
You're wasting your life

>Party
You should be working

Old people are fucking scum.

Because I've been watching people become successful without it.

Also, you can literally buy *real* fake degrees from any college you want. I think I might grab one. Though they're like $1000. Helluva lot cheaper than going to college.