Belichick Admits Tom Brady isn't a Great Natural Athelete

cnbc.com/2017/04/13/bill-belichick-tom-brady-isnt-a-great-natural-athlete.html

So now that even Bill has essentially admitted that Tom is athletically average, will Sup Forums stop pretending he's a genetic freak and start instead giving credit to his Brains instead?

No one thinks he's a genetic freak you retard, not even Tom thinks that
Also athlete is a sports person, not someone who is fast/strong/explosive etc

he has only one trait on his face on the picture.
maybe 2 if you count the 2nd cheek.
but that still doesn't count for 3.

Bill belichick, you're a retard

Literally every real Pats fan has known this for over a decade now. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. There's athletically superior QBs playing in the league right now, let alone overall.

But if your intent was to try to damage his legacy, then you're missing the point. Despite being physically average, he still has outplayed literally everybody at the position. It actually makes it MORE impressive considering his physical potential.

The system babby meme is ironic because it's not actually an insult. Give me an average QB that can read plays and work well with the coach over a Rodgers-tier Olympian who just does everything on a whim any day.

I dont recall anybody on here ever calling tom a genetic freak

Unless you mean them simply praising him cause he's white

This.
Tom is like the master chief.
He's not the fastest, strongest, or most accurate spartan, but he is the best because he's smart

Tom is nowhere near the most physically impressive QB. Tom himself has referenced other QBs and said he wishes he could do what they do with the ball.
That being said, Tom is probably the second smartest QB to ever play the game after Peyton and his mental link with Bill puts him over the top to become the best overall. There will never be someone as good as Tom because while another similarly smart QB may come into existance, the chances of another Bill existing AND them ending up on the same team is something absolutely unlikley. That's not an insult, that's a compliment.
He's not the best in any one category, but he is and always will be the GOAT.

Thanks for the breaking news. Anyone who watches Tim Brody play can easily see he's one of the slowest and weakest quarterbacks in the league.

Replace Brady with someone average like Dalton.
How many owls do the pats win?

>Replace Brady with someone average like Dalton.
>How many owls do the pats win?
They still win 2002 and 2005, but they lose the other 3.

>So now that even Bill has essentially admitted that Tom is athletically average

everybody knows that you fucking dummy

>will Sup Forums claiming he's a genetic freak
When did this happen?

If you're an accurate passer in the NFL you're a great natural athlete

2005 was bradys best performance before 2014 though. I highly doubt Dalton could have done that, especially with their wr1 being deion branch, against a good eagles d.

Yeah, he actually has four traits that make up for his nerd-body:
1) White
2) Male
3) Comes from a privileged family
4) Bill Belichick tells him what to do

Tom Brady aint the GOAT. Not even close.

>will Sup Forums stop pretending he's a genetic freak
Ever I can see how stupid you are from way down under Cleatus and I don't even follow this sport closely. No one ever, EVER, ever on Sup Forums has said he's a "genetic freak". He's not even a prime athletic specimen. People were STILL ridiculing him right up until he went God mode at 28-3 down.
Garbage post, go back to your trailer.

Same amount of owls. Dalton is just as good as Brady.

>athlete

>athlete

>athlete

>athlete

>athlete

Better question. Replace Tom with Peyton. How many do they win?

>five (5)

Imagine being so butthurt that a seemingly ordinary, unremarkable man who had the will and desire to transcend the game, the drama and the record books to become the greatest to ever pick up a football upsets you so much you have to refute it anonymously on the internet.

8 in a row. Between him and BB the league would disband after that.

>Better question. Replace Tom with Peyton. How many do they win?
The thing about Peyton is that he's so much of a game manager that he wouldn't develop the same amount of confidence in his HC, even if it was Bill, so the power of the pats system wouldn't be as strong, but on the other hand you have a better overall QB ar least on the individual level, so let's break this down...

>vs Rams
They still win

>vs Panthers
They still win

>vs Eagles
They lose. A lot had to go right in that game and Bill's input was critical. Peyton would not be able to do it alone.

>vs Giants 1
They win this time.

>vs Giants 2
They also win this time.

>vs Seahawks
They lose. We all saw what happened in SB XLIX, it would just be that again.

>vs Falcons
They probably lose. Peyton needs to get out ahead to hold on, he's not as clutch as comebacks.

So they probably win the same amount of owls, just not the same ones.

4 isn't the same as 5

True, but I figure they'd win another one somewhere in the middle. Maybe even the year before XLIX when Seattle won.
People forget that the only reason the Pats wernt there is because they played Denver IN Denver against Peyton that year and that was the year he was set the league record for TDs and points in a season.

Actually, they'd probably win the year before that as well because that loss to the Ravens still to this day makes no sense to me and Crappernik wouldn't have been able to keep up in the owl.

>QB
>athlete

way too many GMs fall for that

>they actually test how fast a QB runs 40 yards

still makes me laugh

>French humor

Why does everyone forget about the '06 AFC Ship

his competitive drive might be GOAT. fucking hate this guy but goddamn does he want to win. guys like romo, manning, ryan, etc seem to be more okay with their seasons ending than Brady. Brady is a fucking child when he loses, but that's just more evidence of his NEED to win.

might be autism.

>Notorious playoff choked winning 8 in a row just because of Belichick

Perhaps you should see how Peyton's seasons constantly ended in one and dones for like 10 years despite playing as 1 and 2 seeds

it's pretty obvious

from a passing standpoint he's fairly inferior to someone like Rodgers, it's just that Brady has extreme mental resiliency and a strategic brain

Bill is a lot of it but Brady is still probably one of the smartest people to play the game

anyone denying he's the GOAT at this point are deluded, I'm sure the most die hard jets or giants fan would say them same

>Tom Brady's Biggest Fan
>UK
Yeah ok, and I'm David Beckham's son

>He wasn't chosen for being the strongest or the fastest
>I chose him because he was the bravest and I'm my opinion the luckiest
Bill Beli confirmed for being an A.I.

So by "luckiest" you mean that an alien hundreds of millions of years ago set events in motion at the biological level that would one day result in Tom Brady being the best QB, right?

Still remember that game, I would like to see Brady just lay someone out just cuz tht weren't expecting to get hit by him

I understand that this is the smart thing to do as the franchise QB, but there's no way Tom was thinking that at the time. In that split second he was just being a bitch.

That's requires a lot to go right even with what ancient ayys are possibly capable of.. seems like the most plausible answer

I forgot about this retcon.
God Damn it 343

Because it's one documented example of Peyton actually being clutch in a career of 17 years

WE

> le peyton isn't clutch meme

> NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960)
> 1. Peyton Manning

4 times in the playoffs he gave his team the lead with 70 seconds or less and all 4 times his defense and special teams choked, that's at least one owl right there, possibly 2 because one of them was in the AFCCG

Brady left the field twice with leads late against the Giants and his team couldn't make one measly stop, but we still rag him for "choking" in those games.
Only fair Peyton gets the same treatment. Plus,
>team is down by 3 at the start of the 4th
>Peyton hands off ball and they score, go on to win
>4th quarter comeback complete
It's a relatively meaningless stat because it lacks context.
It's an extreme example, but what Brady did in the super bowl sums it up to me: A truly clutch player is never truly out of a game. Peyton was a front-running baby.

Peyton is clutch. He's just not Brady clutch.

this is stupid because brady is #2 right behind peyton, so either they're both clutch or they're both not

how many times have we seen brady throw a check to gronk and he trucks 5 niggas and sheds tackles, he has just as many handoffs to blount or other pats RB. hell the falcons superb owl was literally a handoff to white

we rag brady for choking the giants games not for the loss but the "we're only going to score 17 points?" they were the #1 offense IN HISTORY up to that point and put up 14

the falcons super bowl is more on the falcons loss than the pats win. up 28-3 and you run the ball only 8 times in the second and then throw it 3 straight times in FG range. absolutely disgusting

>Let's Peyton can't access the Bilacheck mind link meme
Stop this

It's true though.
We have seen Bill with other QBs, other quality QBs at that. Only Tom (and Jimmy) can make full use of the system.
Peyton is too much of a game manager to listen to Bill when it counts.

brady has had belichick his entire career, who is obviously the GOAT coach

peyton took 4 different coaches, including caldwell, john fox, and gary forever 8-8 kubiak to the owl. that alone is overcoming some ridiculous odds. if rahim moore didn't spill his spaghetti against the ravens, the broncos absolutely assrape the 49ers in that owl

it's still a team sport, but having bill has made it easier to hide when brady does make mistakes

I agree but as said, simply having Bill doesn't equal the same level of success. Bill and Tom have a special link that can't easily be replicated.

Peyton with any other coach > Tom with any other coach
Tom with Bill > Peyton with Bill
Actually, Tom with Bill > anybody

> matt casslel goes 11-5
> implying peyton "wouldn't listen" to bill, when bill has spoken enormous praise of petyon's mind.
bill is more defensively oriented, he's had mcdaniels run a lot of shit. obviously he calls plays occasionally but if peyton was his starter, he'd trust him enough to run the offense. manning has many times gone for dagger throws instead of milking clock

If Rodgers and Brady swapped teams, nobody would give a shit about Brady right now.

>If Rodgers and Brady swapped teams, nobody would give a shit about Brady right now.
I disagree.
Brady is a smarter player than Rodgers imo.

Tim definitely gets too much praise at the expense of the rest of the team, but let's be honest, Tom didn't just ride Bill's cheat sheet to 6 rings. He won them and he deserved them. He did his part

it's funny how both their careers' have mirrored each other

> both in shit divisions they easily assrape
> both only have to worry about opposite & rapeburger in conference
> both lost entire season to catastrophic injury
> both put up madden numbers with HoF receivers (harrison/moss)

the only x-factor is bill, which honestly, i would give up BOTH qbs if bill was my coach

look at the seahawk owl, bill knew not to call time out there

in the afccg, caldwell called a timeout when the jests had none left and that gave them time to regroup and let sanchez beat them keks

It's not stupid. Wow, two guys who played forever weren't always winning in the 4th? Who would've thought! Seriously, it's not surprising in the slightest because, again, the stat lacks context.
>the falcons superb owl was literally a handoff to white
What the hell is your point? He spent most of the second half chucking it because they were down. They didn't get back into that game from Blount and White running the ball.
>they were the #1 offense IN HISTORY up to that point and put up 14
Manning took the #1 offense IN HISTORY to the Super Bowl and was never even in the game.
>the falcons super bowl is more on the falcons loss than the pats win.
The Falcons aren't blameless but get real: If the Patriots weren't perfect from the 4th on, they would've lost.
>you run the ball only 8 times in the second and then throw it 3 straight times in FG range
They put the ball in the hands of their best player. If they ran and lost, we'd be shitting on them for having the NFL MVP give the ball to some jabroni. That criticism is largely hindsight.

>matt casslel goes 11-5
Why does everyone leave out the part where this was with a team that went 16-0 the previous year?
Yes, some shitty backup can QB the greatest team ever and be successful. For fuck's sake, Brock Osweiler was successful with the Broncos their super bowl year.

colts were mostly the same team before manning's injury, both 14-2/10-6 seasons and then he goes down they go 2-14 and get luck

pats were 12-4/16-0 before brady's injury, so it's a fair comparison. the dropoff is massive for the colts and cost caldwell his job, bill is the GOAT and can make anything work, and it was a speedbump. it was a fluke year, 11-5 gets them the playoffs every other time, just happened to be a year where the lelphins were somehow good and jeff fisher wasn't 8-8. even brissett almost got a win this year for bill.

his entire M.O. has been getting the most out of guys and putting them in the right spot. patsfags love to cheer when bill cuts a guy "early" or signs a different' team's outcast because "bill knows how to make it work" so why does that logic stop at the qb position?

the really interesting thing is, jimmy g seems ok. will bill fleece a team at the draft or let him walk away for free?

Jimmy has been literally bred to be Brady 2.0
Trading him would be a mistake

but he'll be due for a contract

brady will still play for another 3-4 years

jimmy could walk and get paid somewhere else AND be a starter. he already has 2 rings from being a backup, why would he stay

>but he'll be due for a contract
Keep him at all costs. If he's really like Brady then he won't ask for too much.
>brady will still play for another 3-4 years
That's dumb. They need to sit Tom down, thank him for his service, and tell him to move on. Maybe even offer him an assistant QB coach position if he wants to stay involved, but he's fucking 40 with 5 rings. They need to think about the long term future of the team.
>jimmy could walk and get paid somewhere else AND be a starter. he already has 2 rings from being a backup, why would he stay
Because he has been groomed for this. This is his site.
Drop Brady. Use the Jim

bill won't pay jimmy starter money

brady has the experience of reading 31 nfl teams' defenses. jimmy is still essentially a step from being a rookie

brady himself said he'd play until his body couldn't go any more. bill might have to watch jimmy leave for nothing

QBs don't have to be athletes. All they need to do is read defense and deliver the ball

"Athletic" QBs never pan out

brady is tall, can throw a football hard and accurately. he's not a professor.
the smartest thing brady ever did was resign with the pats, an organization that has it's shit together.

I kind of agree with you. Teams want a QB to have the brains of course, but they would also like some mobility and powerful accurate throwing arm.

Oh yea, and height.

I'd argue Brady is a smarter player than Manning. Manning made had a lot more interceptions and was prone to wanting to stat pad instead of just running the damn ball at times, and he's been burned more than once for it. Brady very rarely makes mistakes, and never tries to stat pad. They are just about tied at every mental aspect of the position, but Brady is smarter with the ball.

>6 rings

No, he rode Bill's cheat sheet to 5 rings.

If that would be the case, than Tebow would be still playing.

Damn, NFL are such idiots for realising him. Couldnt throw for shit but damn could he win games

He could probably still be in the league if it wasn't for that shitty ego of his.

You bet your sweet ass Brady would have converted to receiver if it meant playing in the NFL, Tebow only cares about being "the guy" he's totally disingenuous, and the christian nice guy front is probably a sham, who knows what the guy is like behind closed doors.

But arent you supposed to do what you love?
Being a QB in my opinion is being able to lead your team to victory, leadership and leading by example. That is what he did.

Plus, as a starter on his rookie year 32 TDs is not that bad of a stat.