So heres the story Sup Forumsros

So heres the story Sup Forumsros.

I was browsing Sup Forums like I usually do, just chilling and minding my own business in my house when my mother saw the thread I was on. I was lurking on a rekt thread and watching the shit like I usually do but my mother was so shocked and started yelling at me. I don't really get why she's so mad at me I mean isn't it y business to watch what I want to? Now she wants to send me to a counselor and I don't wanna go because I don't need to. Watching the rekt threads relaxes me, I'm never shocked when I watch them so I don't understand why she's so shocked and mad. I wish she could understand. do any Sup Forumsros have any advice on avoiding therapy or convincing her that I don't need to go?

Thanks Sup Forumsros
Pic related: my reaction to my mother

Also rekt bread

If you enjoy rest threads then you are past fixing. Sorry.

Well I'm a pretty normal guy I mean I don't want to hurt anyone and I'm not a psychopath or anything, It's just something about watching somebody die that is so relaxing to me.

fucking nerve gas man...

Curiousity about death is pretty normal for teens, that would be my go too if youre still relatively young.

Well I'm 18 so I guess some people would call that young, but then again I know some others wouldn't so I guess that line is a little blurred

women are insane, understand that

I dunno. I get the fact that this shit can be interesting and intriguing but I dunno if "relaxing" comes to mind.

I dunno man. Not giving you shit I can't see how a rekt thread can be relaxing.

Well I don't know what my father is going to say when he gets home but my mother left to "Calm down"

Tell her that all the cool kids watch it these days

I can't really explain it to you without sounding completely nuts but I'll give it a go.

Basically what I feel when I watch things in a rekt thread is the same as listening to slow soft music.

she's just worried about you, and she should be. it's not exactly normal to be so desensitized to death and gore, however, i am in the same boat as you.

Therapy gets a bad rep. Truth is, you do need it. I need it. We all fucking need it.

depression is a cultural disease, and we're only diving further into the madness.

the fact that you don't want to / don't 'need to' change is, fundamentally, one of our times in humanities biggest flaw.

Yeah I get what you mean that people don't want to change and that's a flaw but it's hard for me to change if I don't want to. I mean if I'm honest i'm scared to change because I don't know what that means for me. It would change me fundamentally and that unknown territory. I fear the unknown

Fair enough bro I'm not here to tell you what's what. If that's your thing that's your thing.

Personally if my son said that I would be talking to him and asking why and going from there. It's just what parents do man.

This.

Well said Sup Forumsro

Yeah that's right. I mean I love my family and friends and I don't want anything to happen to them. But it's the fact that my mother jumped straight to therapy that makes me sad and a little pissed off, I don't think she wants to talk to me about it save, yelling at me that I'm sick.

Man it's probably a knee jerk reaction. We are in a different stage of life also in a different type of environment that was different to theirs when you were her age.

Think of it this way, that's probably the first time she has seen shit like that.

What you are used too can be completely different to someone else.

I get the therapy shit was thrown at you but he'll man let her cool down. Guarantee they will wanna talk to you and that's fine. I'd hear them out and let them hear you out.

Wtf happened here?

>)
sweet does the round go through her and hit him?

Yeah. you're right. I need to chill a little ahah. And I never thought about it like that so now I feel a little bad but yeah, I'm gonna talk to them and see how it goes. I'm still gonna stay on the thread till my father gets home so I can reply but after that I'll go. Will post results in a day or two. However long it takes

It's a suicide. Yeah the round hits them both but the suicidal one didn't mean to shoot the other guy

well the good news is that any therapist will get what you are talking about. I talk to my therapist about shit like that all the time. some people are just like that.

Just let her be freaked out, and try not to take it personally.

Admit that it is a bit weird, and realize they need to try and understand what is up.

From the outside, someone who watches extremely violent and disturbing video ... might have something weird going on with them. It's a natural concern.

Shit, at least you weren't jerking off to it.

Fuck no bro don't feel bad. It's just the heat of the moment.

Just let ya heads cool. I could not understand what it must be like for you bro but wish you the best man.

Haha yeah that would have been an awkward as fuck conversation

Thanks Sup Forumsro

It's really interesting how they each react differently to the same bullet.

Yeah, it must have been where each of them was it. The guy that shot himself could still walk to a chair and sit down, while the other guy pretty much dropped immediately. It could have been the loss of momentum in the bullet in the second guy which could have caused more pain or ripping inside of the body so he dropped faster.

It really isn't that much different than any action movie with big explosions and shit... the fear is that if your kid is into violent shit like that - maybe they don't have any empathy.

Videos like this are hard for me to watch because I have empathy for the person being hurt. It triggers emotional pain. Watching a body being peeled open / dismembered / etc triggers disgust.

So the question is.. why don't you feel those emotions? You could be desensitized. Or you could interpret it differently. Like some people will find it funny, rather than emotionally painful. you say you find it peaceful ( is that correct? ) .

The only rekt's i find peaceful are executions - like shot to the back of the head. I don't know why. The rest of rekt's make me kind of sick.

I saw a guy die like this. I was walking home from school and he was just hanging from some wires. I guess he was trimming trees and the power wires went through the trees or something.

only time I've seen a dead guy ( not at a funeral )

Yeah but I mean all kinds of death, violent, brutal, slow, quick, painful, peaceful. the whole dying thing just does something flicks a switch in my mind and makes me feel numb in a good way, I don't know if that a good explanation or not.

watching someone suffer should probably trigger something in your mind other than "calm". just sayin'.

And I also don't feel empathetic for the people in the videos. I don't know them and I don't understand why I should care about them. It just doesn't make sense to me to feel shitty for people that I don't know and who don't know me.

>a normie saw me Sup Forums is that bad?
yeah yer fucked Sup Forumsro good luck tho.

most people have empathy for others without a "reason". It is an emotional reaction, not a logical one.

I'd imagine shock was more of a factor. Second guy wasn't expecting it all.

Well then I don't know why I feel nothing for the other person emotionally because it all comes from a logical place. I've never really been an emotional person, I think a lot about what I say and do

That makes sense

yeah its cool man, wasn't judging - I was just explaining how your reaction is different than most people's. And that probably will throw your parents off a bit.

Do you torture animals or anything? have any pets?

Only fags who didn't have a decent father raise them

not bad for a thread on Sup Forums

Holy shit

you think normal healthy people watch violent death and maiming videos and feel "calm" ?

I have a dog a rabbit and a cat. I don't torture them or hurt them. I feed them everyday and pat them all the time. I actually really like animals. Recently one of my dogs died (I used to have two) she was really old and I liked her but again even when something close to me died I wasn't sad and didn't miss her either. She was there and then she was gone and it didn't matter

No but they don't feel upset either

I'm healthy and happy with my family like this user said I don't feel upset or angry or sad just the calm void

yeah, they do - they feel emotions like "horrified" or "disgust" or "pity" or something. Normal people don't feel indifferent, sorry. I'm not saying normal is great - just telling you what the average person experiences.

That is good to know. Again - your experience isn't really normal, but it isn't bad or anything. I'm glad you can enjoy being with your family and your pets. Can I ask what kind of things make you happy or sad?

I feel joy at those quads

user, just say "sometimes it feels comforting to know that my situation could be much much worse. Life is really short and goofy and seeing these things sometimes gives me a new appreciation for how good I have it and how short it can be if I don't take care of myself."

you think most people on Sup Forums have a good enough sense of what 'normal' means to properly respond to that?

Quads or not you're wrong

Most people simply can't be bothered to care. If it was as you say and things lime this did effect people this way society would screech to a halt.

Nice quads
Well I like to hang out with my friends, smoke weed, have a cigarette and a coffee in the morning, brows Sup Forums and the internet, watch youtube, go to parties, have sex basic shit you know

Yeah but that would be a lie

"Care" and "react emotionally" are really different things. Mostly we deal with these realities by hiding from them, and peering at them through the cracks in the wall.

This

Lol no people don't hide from it, and if you can't feel about something and simultaneously not care...

Well my fathers finally come home so I'm gonna have to talk to him. Imma leave now and post a thread later or tomorrow on Sup Forums about the results of the talk see you later Sup Forumsros

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake kys tho

Read this. It will help:

Tell her it gives you perspective on how fragile life is, tell her it makes your problems seam not so important, tell her that your brushing up on all the stupid shit that can get you killed

that guy who got doused is pretty lucky, I'd say

>do any Sup Forumsros have any advice on avoiding therapy or convincing her that I don't need to go?
Stop being an underage child

>newfagdetected.jpg

holy shit, this is easily 10 times better than cartel faggots

wow fuck if only they had the incredibly complex technology of emergency stop button

Well, that's one less welfare check to cut next month.

B+ camera work. No quite the total follow-thru to the bottom, but not bad.

Nig-nogs roasting on an open fire, etc.