I'm half black

I'm half black.

I was raised in an almost exclusively white community. Through this, I've been able to see the destruction and devastation that blacks cause everywhere they go. I also recognize the disgusting and violent culture, especially rap music, that blacks espouse.

Not only that, but I'm able to see the racism that blacks show towards anyone that isn't in their "group." I live in the south and, in my life, I have been harassed due to my race by blacks much more than I have by whites. Whites are usually friendly to me as I act like a normal and decent person. No matter how decent and nice I act towards blacks, I'm always seen as some sort of "imposter" to them.

I recently went to the African American museum in Washington D.C. and was disgusted at some of the things I saw (mainly exhibits promoting the black panthers while displaying some of their machine guns). However, what shocked my further was the fact that I felt so disconnected from it all. What I was seeing was supposed to be half of my culture. I'm supposed to feel something, aren't I? I felt the same as I would if I were looking at artifacts found in Bhutan.

So, I ask the question to Sup Forums since I have nothing better to do. What the hell is wrong with me? How do I reconcile the fact that I'm half black with the shame I feel from being associated with that culture?

I don't really do anything black related. I'm currently dating an Asian girl. I spend most of my time studying at school. I'm not athletic. I don't care for hip hop and prefer classical music or classic rock. Could this be why I feel nothing?

Who knows? I just want a conversation, really.

>pic unrelated, even though I like NatSoc

bump

The black cultural identity that exists in America is directly related to blaming past events on current situations. While there is some validity in doing so, it's not very productive. Since you were raised far away from that culture it's possible it didn't occur to you that you are kept down by racism stemming all the way back to slavery.

The "black culture" you aren't feeling a connection to is based on a shared identity of slave ancestry. It's a blame based toxic culture that refuses to take accountability for itself. Check out better shit like jazz musicians or something.

Incredible fact:

Your color means nothing,saying "white people" means nothing as well.

Stop thinking "i'm black, i have to support black people".

This is extremely plausible. The issue arises though, if they feel such a brotherhood for each other, why is black on black murder crime so high?

Jazz is amazing. I love going down to New Orleans and people watching with some good jazz.

I would argue they don't really feel a brotherhood and that it's all lip service, or possibly that the brotherhood only exists in contrast to what they might refer to as "whiteness". Black people in poverty are victims of a shitty culture that allows for no upward mobility, and supports poor decision making. Those attempting to break out are ostracized for being too "white". It's a self perpetuating cycle.

Color does dictate quite a bit, though. Social interactions, mainly. For example, if I try to have a conversation about black on black crime, I'm immediately pinned as some sort of uncle Tom character and my point is never taken seriously. It's irritating.

Exactly! That's why you don't see black kids and teens talking about how they want to be doctors or political leaders. They always talk about how they want to be a basketball star or rapper. This could be due to the lack of upwards mobility in black society.

It is a disgusting culture but there is a personal problem with me. I'm obsessed with history and culture and I feel that, if I renounce black culture, that I will have no culture to tie myself to. That's an extremely scary thought for me. I know I'm half white but, in that case, would I ever really be justified in claiming only European culture?

Maybe I'm insane. I don't know.

Because you talk with dumb people. I'm italian, you can talk about the good things of fascism at university because people understand your point, if you say the same in a pub then people start to tell you "you fucking nazi" or "Mussolini helped Hitler" and it doesn't matter that you were talking about financial dealings or reforms.

Smart people know when they can talk and when they can't. Arguing with a black from the medium class could be an hazard, arguing with a black from ghetto an obvious suicide, arguing with a (real) cultured black maybe it could be a good idea.

Trust me, I'd love to argue with a cultured black but they're few and far between.

I'm glad you have had this experience. You are exactly the only kind of person who can be the most impartial about the social dynamic between whites and blacks. If you gather up a bunch of people just like you and go talk about it, I'm sure you could make waves.

Honestly since you are half and half, just forget about your "roots." I have two close half-black friends and dated another one briefly. They have zero attachment to black culture and they are some of the happiest people I've known. And that's in AZ of all places.

The deliberate continuation of honoring one's heritage if they are black actually keeps both groups separate. My younger bro and all his friends, nerdy white boys, like rap music. That part of black culture made it into the mainstream and is adopted by tons of white youths, but I don't see the reverse. I don't see tons blacks trying to speak proper English, or listen to country, rock or pop or embrace things outside of their own culture. Nor do I see them embrace a strong sense of self-discipline and work ethic in school. The ones that do, they end up succeeding and breaking free of the struggling life they live and the stereotypes that they would have been confirming.

As a white person, it's one of the most satisfying things to be able to meet and interact with a black person who speaks normally and actually engages in normal shared activity like tennis or mundane shit that everyone can partake in. That kind of person no longer exists with the connotation of race in their interactions. They are just a person who happens to be black.

It's the intentional perpetuation of black culture out of a sense of obligation to race that ironically prevents the cultural progress that can advance blacks as a whole.

...cont...

If you live in the great melting pot of the United States, melt a little. The least successful people don't.They are stuck in their ways and it causes harm to everyone else. That applies to every race. Even whites have this subgroup-- they are racist, small-minded bigots and they completely hijacked the Republican party under the guise of conservative values. They are the stereotype of every white person, even though they are just an ignorant minority with a loud voice.

The preservation of black culture and heritage is exactly the black equivalent of the tea party but jobs in the Republican party. That mentality prevents progress.

OK if you can get in the public eye and make your case, you could do a lot of good for everyone. Start blogging or writing. Do an opinion piece and submit it to online news sources. Make it through, intelligent, and self-reflective. You could get an invite to a show or something and bring attention to a huge issue.

See, I'd love to forget about "roots." The issue is that I'm obsessed with cultures and such. I could try, but I just don't think it would be that easy.

You know, I really have been trying to melt in quite a bit. My girlfriend has introduced me to a lot of cool Asian people and cultural customs. I've actually been melting into Asian culture more than anything. I know that sounds extremely weebish, but it's true.

I just wish that there was some way to preserve cultures without putting them above each other. Sadly, humans don't seem to be able to do that.

I may start writing or something. Maybe youtube videos in the style of Steven Crowder or TJ Kirk.

Ha, it's weebish just a little. Asian culture is the most interesting to me as well. I'll be moving to South Korea in a couple years to teach English. I like Japanese culture more but their language is hard to learn.

I'm saying just don't let your roots define who you are or give you a sense of purpose. One of the other reasons we had this xenophobic backlash is because of how quickly the country is gentrifying. Whites don't really have much of a sense of self as a race, and because of that, there has been a rise in fear and sense of unkown as we see more of our media and entertainment gentrified as well as increased numbers of minority groups in the community. So a bunch of whites freaked out and voted for Trump. It's obviously not the only factor, but it's one of them. There's no sense of shared unity or struggle in white culture, so when their already lacking sense of identity is shaken, they want to preserve the status quo.

It's cool to be interested in culture and heritage, but if you let that define you, you can have problems as a whole when you look at the larger scale, e.g, blacks treating you and other blacks as traitors or some kind of outgroup for not preserving black culture or embracing others beyond your own heritage.

nigger

Culture is meant to evolve. Heritage means less the further time goes on. Technically, everyone is descended from blacks in Africa, but you don't see whites really caring about that. Americans were originally British, but we don't really have a sense of wonder or connection with tea pots or biscuits.

Eventually, culture and interest move on. You can't preserve every culture. It will change over time, but that doesn't mean it will all homogenize. It will all just be different. I think it's pretty interesting to consider what it may look like in the future. Let's say a thousand years from now all of the interracial children give rise to a general similar physical appearance. At that point, culture will be purely geographically based.

South Korea is amazing. I've never been but I've heard stories.

I've spent some time in Japan and it's a really great place. They don't seem to care much about race but they always ask to touch my hair. It doesn't bother me, though.

I see what you mean. I had never thought of the idea that white culture doesn't have a unifying factor. Now that I think about it, even different types of white people are extremely different. Some groups of white people are even more similar to blacks than they are to whites.

I had never thought of this scaring whites into being obsessed with keeping the status quo.

>I'm half black.
gl in the race war, faggot
kys

You know. The whole "no connection with tea pots " was the exact observation an ex girlfriend of mine (English transfer student) raised.

Thinking this, could it be that white nationalists and such just haven't achieved anything and are therefore looking for something to feel proud of?

There is no race war.

jus do you, we live in an individualist western culture where no has to be tied to any kind of tribalism.
all that's really required is that you be a good person, provide for yourself and contribute to society, which judging from your OP you are already doing

This is the truth.

Thank you, user. I try to generally be a good person in most situations. It's just hard to do in a world filled with evil.

Why not say fuck the nigger part of yourself and embrace the fact that you are half master race? I mean look into your ancestors on the white side maybe your family were wealthy slave owners. It's OK to be part black and hate niggers son so embrace you WHITE POWER! also I'm guessing you mother was white and father was black? I only say this because nigger women only know how to raise selfish steeling stupid nigglets it takes a White woman to raise a civil rational person such as yourself

bait

Actually, you're correct. My mom was white and my father was black.

Interestingly enough, my white family immigrated here from Germany and Wales. They fought for the Confederacy and owned plantations.

I do embrace my European heritage as I find it the most interesting, but it's difficult to speak with people about as the only people who tend to care to have a conversation about it are White Nationalists.

what race war? kek why are you even on here autistic fucktard you should be the one to kys

You can't choose what you're born as, m8. You can only play with the cards you're handed. And if you are a decent person and act as such then you will be recognized as such, as you mention. Live your life as you want to live it, you don't owe anyone anything in terms of 'ancestor culture' or whatever.

I dated a black girl for a while, and the only shit we ever got was from other blacks (her immediate family was OK with us, but other relatives talked shit all the time). We couldn't go in black neighbourhoods because the teeth-kissing, hooting, snide comments and dirty looks were basically constant any time. Yes, we got some stares in white areas, but mostly people didn't give a shit.

When the impending race war happens are you going to choose the side that will let the nigger be so long as he doesn't get uppity? Or with the side that will constantly deride you as a cook, and uncle tom for being too "white". Now's not the time to be nit picky about who is on our side.

Excellent contribution. Bravo.

Asshat

Haha you should try being a half black guy and walk through a black neighborhood with an Asian girl.

It isn't fun. Hell, I get weird stares normally.

If an impending race war happened and I was forced to choose, I'd probably choose white. Cooler history and you'd probably win.

There is more to being black than sagging jeans and rap music. Rock and Roll,Jazz,Blues, and House music were all black music. Get out and meet black people who share your interests, you are not special bro... Sorry.

Damn I wasted my quads on nigger advice. Well if you want to talk to people about your White heritage get used to throwing around nigger jokes and make it known that you know the difference between black people and niggers. You will be respected for this good luck user

Think about this. Without giving the nigger advice, you would have never had quads at all.

Being half black why would you come here of all places for advice? It's mostly sexless racist keyboard warriors. Seriously,get a shrink or talk with a friend or family. You are better than this OP....

OP, the problem you're experiencing all comes back to the fact that none of this has anything to do with race/color of your skin. This is a cultural thing through and through. """black culture"""" is to blame everything on what white people in the past, blame the white people today for it, despite the fact that they haven't done anything. Their culture is to listen to violent music, to espouse drugs and gang culture as something that is cool and desirable. The blood in your veins and the color of your skin has nothing to do with this shit, it all comes back to the shitty culture they grew up in, and continue to perpetuate.

That's a good point. They use the socio economic situation of struggling groups as evidence for superiority even though that's largely something outside of their control. And that's pretty much it in terms of making a case. No solid basis for real argument.

you're a good mongrel

And the identity crisis you're having is perfect evidence to be anti race mixing

Do you like Malcom X?
As a white man I love George Lincon Rockwell and both Rockwell and Malcom X worked together

Maybe you'll be able to become a spokesperson on Natsoc for blacks and mongrels

>race is just skin color
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA no

Being half human, do you identify with many of our common struggles?

People have always mixed races. Get over it.Seriously,who cares. We are American,none of you basrards are pure anything.

I hate Malcom X and his black nationalist views.

this

the world needs another black and white alliance working for segregation

Hey,be nice....Whites are human too...

why?
all people of all races should take care of themselfes
whites need their homelands and blacks need their homelands

multiracial/multicultural societies have never worked and will never work
ethnic nationalism is the way to go

and thats why racemixing is a problem, the kids dont have any heritage to be proud of, no group of people to identify with

never said they were the same thing

point is, is that people with dark skin color aren't bad, people who grow up in american ghettos espousing gangs and drugs are bad. Just so happens that most of the people who do that are niggers.

So you are ashamed to be half black? KYS...... There's no hope. Coon ass nigga. Uncle Tom as bitch,whites will never love your Black ass.

you're right. the different cultures are a huge issue. the color of skin you're born with has little to do with it, it is how you are raised and what morals you are given. making people who are raised en entirely different circumstances try and live together peacefully is stupid. niggers who wanna act like niggers can go live over there, and whites and black people who don't want to act like niggers can come live over here.