Oof

oof

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f49ELvryhao
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

more like bitchfork

Band is so good that they could withstand a 2.0 and a 4.9 on their first 2 albums

Is this that one guy who rates everything shit good and everything good shit?

more like bad rates didnt matter because almost every other review was positive and people liked it

That Frances the Mute review always makes me kek, it may be the most contrarian review ever written.

Hell, even fucking Scaruffi gave it a good grade.

What's wrong with the scores?

Mars Volta is mediocre

Together with At The Drive-In, their corpus quite literally forms the last great creative efforts in rock music.

>oof
youtu.be/f49ELvryhao

>Octahedron higher rated than deloused, ftm and amp
Wtf pitchfork

Does p4k have something against prog? They recently gave King Crimson - Red a 9.0, meaning they think its worse than In Colour or Moon shaped pool.

They absolutely have a grudge against it. Almost every prog review I've seen from them involves endless strawmanning.

I wish I was even remotely exaggerating. Their review of Tool - Lateralus for example was LITERALLY one giant strawman of prog fans.

Didn't Pitchfork publish an article mocking Prog Rock for being some of the "whitest" music out there?

pt 2 of strawmannery

Can't really say I disagree. Most of that post-hardcore scene of the 90's and 2000's lead to the last few masterpieces we've had in rock as of late.
That was The Atlantic, but most indie outlets have something against prog. Dunno why.

I swear every review sounds like it's written by the douchey "arty" guy who tries to hit on your girlfriend at a gig.

"yeah haha, we did acid last night and it was so fucked. I'm gonna try DMT next week for sure."

Probably because they are those guys, desu.

lol that was like one line in the article, and then the editor made it the title prolly 'cause they new it'd be good bait
mu is so insecure this is like the one line they obsess over

Childish Gambino withstood a 1.6 with Camp, does that make him rapper of the decade?

unironically triggered

iirc p4k wasn't even on good terms with the mars volta to begin with, so i wouldn't be surprised if these reviews and scores were given out of spite

>I feel like this record was made just for me by super-smart aliens or something,

Imagine spending six figures on your kid's literature degree for him to go on and write some stupid shit like this.

to be fair, instrumentally it has everything that appeals to scaruffi. it wouldn't surprise me if there's even a lyric about a little girl in there somewhere

>people still pretend Pitchfork writers aren't nu-males
Sad!

>Of all their full-length albums, they give the shittiest the highest score
All you need to know about P4K

The Lateralus review is hilarious and one of the highpoint of the website. Probably the only """concept review""" that isn't tedious as fuck

>withstand
pitchfork has Z E R O industry influence