Pc master race or actually able to do things?

hey music thread, I have a bit of a dilemma. I really enjoy gaming on pc, shit graphics indie games aren't my style so i have to spend cash to make sure my pc keeps up, but I'm also a musician who's been getting into music production more and more the last two years, I feel like most of the time, a laptop works best for this kind of stuff when you want to go out and gig with your material, but that leaves me with either buying a $2,000 laptop or just not having a way to have my music portable. What's your guys' thoughts?

stop playing video games

anybody else? anyone?

Considering you could record 32 channels of 24/192 on a dual core notebook PC wit 2 GB of RAM a decade ago, I think you're fucking drastically overestimating the computing power you need for gigging. Buy a cheap laptop and a decent interface for gigging and leave your gaming PC at home, since the hardware has jack fuck to do with audio production anyway.

serum wasn't around 10 years ago lmao

No. Stop playing video games.

this
if you use laptop only for music you could get a cheap one

Most music producers use macbooks for a reason. The Unix kernel treats audio from your DAW and system audio as the same audio stream, but on windows, those two streams are separate, meaning that it has to manage two audio streams at once, leading to much higher latency on windows systems.

You know what's way more fun than games? Free software.

Filthy casual.

show me your music stuff first

That's actually not how the Unix or Microsoft audio subsystems work at all (although it would have kind of worked as an extremely simplistic analogy about, oh, 20 years ago), and also completely irrelevant since macOS uses a proprietary Mach-based microkernel and not Unix.

and what was the macOS kernel forked from? really makes you think huh? kys.

You could always make music on a real Unix kernel, you fucking pleb!

The proprietary microkernel is based mostly on Mach, which interfaces with a proprietary fork of Free-BSD, which is 3 generations removed from BSD 4.3, which was itself a fork of System V. You can twist yourself up in as many knots as you like and macOS is still not Unix any more than it was 20 years ago when your lord and savior Steve Jobs started this meme in the first place. You also have no fucking clue how the audio subsystem works on any of these OSes, so it might as well be based on Amiga for all it matters to your retarded argument.

Linux is also not Unix, although the audio stack functions more like an orthodox Unix system than macOS. Linux audio is an abortion of kludges upon kludges. It's miraculous that it works as well as it does.

i'd rather fucking die, thanks. looks like aids. rather be a successful musician than have to install 500 packages just to get the DAW to emit sound

fucking nerds

this desu. Imagine being a pathetic nerd and thinking your work was valuable. musicians are much more important, nerds literally just copy and paste from stackoverflow and call it "creativity" and "hard work"

>only consumer tier interfaces and controllers work with Linux
Why would anyone do this?

>Stop playing video games
>Posts anime
I like both but nigga you should see the irony in this