Why don't we just print more money?

Why don't we just print more money?

Other urls found in this thread:

ctvnews.ca/world/venezuela-mob-burns-man-alive-over-5-1.2908503
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't we just post first?

we do and its called infation. Prices go higher tho so it wont change much,, just stalls things a bit.

>implying the Federal Reserve and the ECB haven't been doing that for 7 years.
Also, see Zimbabwe.

Remember the last time your government thought of that?

the problem with printing more money is I never get any of it

Why can't we just ficki ficki with all the 'white' german women

FPBP

Yeah i never got the whole ,national "debt" thing, why not just print more money and pay it??

>what is quantitative easing
>what is hyper inflation

I thought you Germans would know, seeing as how your money was more useful as fueling a fire 100 years ago.

t. germany circa 1930's

We do
We are
We will

Don't forget to pay your taxes, though

Why can't I just draw an extra zero on a ten to make it a hundred?

When they did that, hitler came to power, Germany should do it

We do, and we get your countries to pay us $1.06 for every $1 we give you.

At least we got uncucked a few years after that.

We do. It's called """""""quantitative easing""""""""

The EZB does it already. They dont even have a limit set yet.

This is already what we're doing

> Print money
> Give it to pple that already have plenty of money and not to pple in need
> Don't understand why the economy is not restarting

Yea, why the fuck dont we?

>Inflation explained

There is one pie. Four vouchers are printed. Two are kept by the guy who printed the vouchers, you and another guy each get one voucher. Each voucher is worth 1 pie divided by the number of vouchers (in this case,1/4).

Four more vouchers are printed, but there is still only one pie. Each voucher is now worth only 1/8 of the pie.

If you still only have one voucher, you just saw the value of your slice of pie drop by half.

Printing more money definitely benefits someone, but it isn't you. It's the guy printing the vouchers.

t. Keynes

Your explanation is good, however it doesn't talk about fiat currency.

If a currency were backed by gold, then your example would apply.

But right now, currency isn't backed by anything.

Can you expand your analogy to include modern fiat currency?

>it's the guy that will keep all the printed vouchers
fix

>Your explanation is good, however it doesn't talk about fiat currency.
That explanation was exactly about fiat currency.

Get it together Austriabro.

weimar rupublic

lol we do

It just that we give it out to banks first, and banks don't want to loan out the new money because the interest rate is about .5% and the economy is being held together by boogers

It's relevant to the amount of goods that can be bought. If prices to be kept the same, all goods will be bought quicker and store shelves will be empty. Late USSR as an example. So either deficit, or rise in prices.

Venezuela these days.

Okay.

Fiat currency is when there's a POTENTIAL to make pies.

"I trust that this person (Nation) printing vouchers can produce pies, and I'll get vouchers for these theoretical pies".

You then have a whole bunch of people (nations) trading vouchers for theoretical pies.

The currency isn't actually worth any pie. It's worth how much pie is believed could be made (Which could very well be zero, unbeknownst to voucher holders).

or zimbabwe currency

i understand that if a country prints money to use for itself will cause inflation, but why does it cause inflation if you're printing money to pay off debts?

Why don't you just kill yourself? Sage in all fields.

> The mob went through Bernal's pockets and handed a wad of bills to the old man: The equivalent of $5.

ctvnews.ca/world/venezuela-mob-burns-man-alive-over-5-1.2908503

If you owe someone else three pie vouchers and you decide to just print those three pie vouchers, then the value of each of those vouchers decreases.

Unless that other person agrees to be paid in pie vouchers, then you can't pay them in pie vouchers.

This is what the petro dollar is.

America goes around beating the shit out of people who don't agree to trade exclusively in pie vouchers for their oil.

>look up Zimbabwe
>Billion dollar bills
>Neat.jpg

It comes to the same thing. If the US prints a gazillion dollars and gives it all to China, then China has a gazillion dollars to spend on American stuff.

not anymore. venezuela is the current best example

Excellent.

Now I can explain to my children why fiat currency sucks dick.

Thanks.

>the voucher was for a portion of a real pie

Sounds a whole lot like commodity backed currency to me.

?

So without printing money the cost of everything rises (lol) ?

I thought money was printed (originally) to prevent goods from being extremely cheap, so you print just enough money to keep a loaf of bread the same price, because if a currency who's commodity backing keeps increasing in value, the individual "voucher" also increases in value which would lead to price drops as the goods being sold are "losing value" (comparatively) to the currency.

>buy paper
>print currency with it
>paper's worth is now a hundredth of what it was

No problem, man.

That's an important life-lesson for your children. Invest in shit that is actually worth something, lest you be left holding vouchers worth nothing.

underage, b&

>implying gold's value isnt pretty much artificial
Fiat currency by itself is not bad.
It's bad when it's used as de facto international currency with one country having a monopoly over its emission.

its gdp growth being held back by trade deficit and debt determining real world wealth per unit which can further be reduce if they over produce new units

so a more accurate way of looking at it would be how much stuff from other nations do you need to make the pies. did your nations pie company spend money it didnt have quarter. what does the pie companies quarterly earnings report look like and how many pies did they make determining the value of the vouchers

wall street and the fed for america mean nothing because other nations and companies even in our own country can refuse to acknowledge the wall street value of the currency or the feds because of the math

>That's an important life-lesson for your children.

Yeah, I want to scare them out of stuffing their mattresses with money because it doesn't work with fiat currency.

t. Germany

However the Americans had a similar problem with their copper penny, it used to be 100% copper, now it is merely chemical plating.

Delete this.

Good idea, Deutschland.

It's a gross simplification, but it wasn't written with economists in mind. :)

>Invest in shit that is actually worth something

Everything that people invest in is worth something, otherwise it would not be invested in.

Do you not understand how economics works?Read a book for once

Lol me neither user

We do already. We only give them to the rich guys though.

First post best post

Nice :3

Devaluing your currency is such a good idea, just look at Venezuela!