Arca

Being gay is the worst gimmick desu

You only know about him because death grips is working with him

>popular
literally who

>15 year old death grips fans don't understand sound art

sounds about right

I hate pretentious artfags more than any plebs fuck off

Working with Death Grips doesn't make you automatically popular. I'd bet even less than a quarter of Death Grips listeners remember they're in the studio with this chav, and they posted about him on Instagram.

How the fuck is he pretentious?

Even worse is that he keeps tainting otherwise decent artists' music with his quirky, barely listenable production.

Nothing wrong with Poppy on a conceptual level. She's just the personification of pop so she's mundane as fuck. It's clever, almost.

Death Grips

>being this edgy

It's not clever. It's so shallow it hurts.

How is nothing wrong with her on a conceptual level? When you're indistinguishable from the people you're trying to parody, sorry, you've failed.

>popular

He's got no accessible albums and the most viewed video on YouTube with him in it is around 6k, presumably because Zach Hill is in it

does he have any albums? because I can't find them

this clown and his happy two friends

freemusicarchive.org/music/Justice_Yeldham/

he more than likely doesn't consider himself "talented". it's just an interesting thing he does. makes noise with glass until his face starts bleeding. He's a pretty humble guy, no ego, laughs and waves after every show.

why is it always assumed someone has to be "talented" to be "popular" (he isnt)

thank you

Pretty much every artist in the top 40. But I am being Captin Obvious here.

Name some gimmicks that top 40 artists use, besides dressing up weird like some do

>I'm progessive guise!!
>I've had it hard, people said mean things about me on the Internet/I've been depressed
>I'm calling out other artists who are pretty much the same as me because x or y. But not naming names and being vague.

How are any of those gimmicks?

>harsh noise is going to become mainstream because of Death Grips

it's glorious

No of course it's totally genuine. They don't do any of this shit purely so people pay attention to them. Poor Demi Levatio has had it so hard :(

Its not tho.

Gimmick doesn't mean fake retard.

>tfw your so edgy you literally cut yourself on it

Look i know your one of those tards thats likes to argue for the sake of it regardless of what your actual opinion is. But those are all gimmicks and put--ons that people do because its what works in 2017. Maybe your a pissed off poptimist, idk.

You literally heard about this guy a couple of hours ago and now you believe he's popular?

Isn't this the YouTube girl who pretends to be insane for views? Please tell me she hasn't started making music.

can someone explain to me why this guy is being spammed on the tl right now?

He's collabing with Death Grips so Sup Forums are hearing about him for the first time
He makes """""music""""" by cutting his face up with glass, micing it up and effecting the sounds:
youtube.com/watch?v=2aMBMbEWc6I
He's been doing this years (I knew him as Justice Yeldham) but Sup Forums have just heard about him and are (rightly) really weirded out by it

I don't consider him so much a musical artist as much as I see him as a spectacle artist, like a performer, but not a musician. And for what it's worth he seems like a pretty cool dude.

sounds just like death grips!

>CONTINUE MY LEGACY, MY SON

i guess thats why they call it window pain

she did

I don't listen to pop music at all. What you're describing are desperate techniques used by pop artists AFTER they're relevant, in an attempt to stay so.

I bet you never even heard of this guy until death grips posted a picture of him on their IG yesterday. Youre probably underage

>referring to music as "sound art"

listen to rice corpse, it's got drumming and piano, more accessible than glassman by himself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_art

Not even him, but why are you defending that?

why not?

Underrated

There's no reasoning with you.

>Thinking that just because something has a Wikipedia article means that it is soemehow not a fucking stupid term

Virgin sacrifices?

O.K. Mr.
objective say all & end all of what is and isn't

to be liked by anyone

reminder that the 2017 Manchester attack happened with 22 deaths (23 with the attacker)

ON may 22nd,

That Death Grips old twitter used to literally ONLY follow ariana (and maybe someone else)

and that CTHG mix DG released came out the same day at 22 mins long.

SYNCHRONICTY3??

Mods im so sorry I didn't mean for this to happen im just so sorry fuck

so the implication here is that you, some random user on Sup Forums, has more authority/comprehension of these things than a wikipedia article backed by dozens of sources? that's impressive.

>sound art

HES
SHOOTING
AT
US

so sound art is pretentious?