Games that were scary to us as a kid thread

Games that were scary to us as a kid thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXmnLlmsr3Q
youtu.be/0kcF7E69C6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

metroid 2. scared the shit out of me when i was 9.

This ugly son of a bitch

Op is underage ban

This game made me hate trains.

Yo Luigi's Haunted Mansion really fucked me up. I never finished it past when the lights got shut out and you need to go flip the breaker in the basement. Beat it now though, I was a total wus.

This fucking place, and I wasn't even the one playing.

>Vaermina, Daedric Prince of Spoopy Shit

Boi. I could not play boss battles in that game after dark, in the kind of common event that I died. That fucking continue screen still haunts me.

still gives me nightmares

and dont even get me started on this piece of shit right here g

anytime I have nightmares, the fucking music from this temple always accompanies them.

12 years old. Nemesis appeared, I would always pause the game and turn the ps1 off cause I was almost pooping my pants.

#1 scary

fuck, forgot

Shadow Hearts 2
Gothic horror, fucked up monsters, eh all good
See a location on the map called Doll House? Noooooo fucking way, cuz

Never realized how scared Metroid Prime 2: Echoes made me until I viewed this thread lmao

Pic related also scared the wits out of me.

Don't know if anyone knows this game. Was pretty scary at the time.
Also, Fear Effect had quite an ominous feeling to it.

I think I played that game a couple times, but I didn't own it it was at a friends. I remember being spooked.

>Banjo Kazooie.

When I was a kid I used to get these weird fever dreams, and one was this terrifying face (pic related) of Banjo Kazooie over the treasure chest with teeth from Treasure Trove Cove, that and Clanker froms Clankers cavern.

Same series as You meet the main chick from Koudelka in Shadow Hearts 1 and it's pretty fucked up.

> 8 years old
> playing this in basement at night

Cool, I remember the game being really short so might look it up.

fuking gamecube, was full of triangles u know?

full of rectangles

My nigga. I posted that one too

I was scared when you touched the brown mushroom, mario goes into a panic state, falls into the abyss, and is never to be seen again..

this

i didn't find this game scary, but i really enjoyed it. was really happy to replay it on ps3

My little sister loved this but it scared the shit out of me. Wasn't great for 8 year old me's masculinity.

Doll's House is Shadow Hearts 1 bro
Also here's the ost from that place, kinda unsettling
youtube.com/watch?v=nXmnLlmsr3Q

>not posting the god tier scary

lol. i like the game but an ex gf of mine was like obsessed with it. would play and replay over and over. almost like speedrunning

god damnit, never again

Looks like there was a dollhouse in all three of them. Screenshot is from the first one, though.

fuuuuuuuuuuck

this shit terrified 10 year old me

This game scared the shit out of me.

Unreal (1998 PC). That first Skaarj encounter is still an all time classic scene when the background music cuts out, then the already incredibly dark hard to see lighting starts going out down the hallway ahead of you and you just know something bad is about to happen. Then you hear it grunting followed by the lights of its attack coming down the hall and this shadowy monster is suddenly charging you while you are trying desperately to flee and shoot it with your pea shooter gun and survive... So epic for its time like something right out of a good Ridley Scott movie...

cant forget this

This game didn’t scare me. But I hated a few levels/parts. Like this son of a bitch. The inside the stomach level and that mini boss on the snow level. The last level also fucked me up a bit too. That empty amusement park or some shit.

this scared the fucking tits off of me when i was younger, although i was probably about 5 just clicking around the screen.

maybe im a faggot but whenever i see that thumbnail i think it says "dicktown"

I think Duck Town and then the ducktales theme starts

Also this gay ass game. This carnival level was weird as hell

youtu.be/0kcF7E69C6Q