Romania: Successor Of Byzantine Empire

=== Romania: Successor Of Byzantine Empire ===

People of the "Byzantine Empire" had no idea that they were Byzantine. They regarded themselves as the authentic continuators of the Roman world i.e. the Romans living in Romania (Land of the Romans or Roman Land in Vulgar Latin). They did not regard the German barbarian leaders who assumed the throne in Italy to be "Roman." They were thought of as German imposters. Yes, there was a lot of rivalry between the two capitals, Rome in the West and Constantinople in the East.

For more than a millennium, the state that we call, inaccurately, the Byzantine Empire was in fact "Romania." Greek speaking inhabitants of the Ottoman Empire (the Turkish/Arab conquerors of the Byzantines/Romanians) continued to call themselves "Romaioi" or "Romans" or "Romanians" for centuries until the advent of nationalism in modern political times. Today of course the Greeks call themselves "Hellenes" and not Romans.

The official name of the Roman Empire, in Latin, was "Imperium Romanorum" but as I said, the common people shortened it to "Romania" [Romanland] but after the fall of Western Rome, Eastern Rome (Byzantine/Romania) became the cultural heirs of Rome and that helped shorten the dark ages considerably. Eastern Europe under the Romanians (and then the Turks) flourished while the Western Empire lived in centuries of darkness.

By looking at new countries formed around previous states of Byzantine Empire after the year that the empire fell (1461) Some countries like Romania come to mind. The Irony is Romania is "Rhōmanía" which is the term used for "Basileia Rhōmaiōn" which means "Imperium Romanum". Also its placed where Danubian Principalities(Moldavia and Wallachia) were, which most of Byzantine people escaped there.

WE

The people who lived in the “Byzantine Empire” never knew nor used the word “Byzantine.” They knew themselves to be Romans, nothing more and absolutely nothing less. By transferring the Imperial capital from Rome on the Tiber to the New Rome on Bosphorus, dubbed Constantinople, the Emperor Constantine I had transferred the actual identity of Rome to the new location. Long before Constantine I, the idea of “Rome” had become dissociated from the Eternal City on the Tiber. For a Roman meant a Roman citizen, wherever he lived. Before the Imperial period, in 89 BC, a Roman law had granted Roman citizenship to people throughout Italy. Afterwards, citizenship became extended to an increasing number of people in different parts of the Empire. In 212, Emperor Caracalla declared all free persons in the Empire to be Roman citizens, entitled to call themselves Roman, not merely subject to the Romans. Within a few decades, people begin to refer to the entire Empire less often [in Latin] as “Imperium Romanorum” [Domain of the Romans] and more often as “Romania” [Romanland]. The Empire at Constantinople should not be called the “Byzantine Empire” at all, the very name “Byzantine Empire” is, in fact, an insult.

WUZ

Greek-speaking Byzantines adopted the Slavic name Vlach (originally Germanic) for the Pastoral Care of Romance-speakers of the Balkan Peninsula and beyond. We have reason to believe that in their own language the Vlachs called themselves Romans or Ruman. In his De Administrando Imperio, written in the 10th century, Byzantine emperor Constantine Porphyrogenitos describes the Latin-speaking Romanoi as distinct from the Greek-speaking Romaioi. By the 8th century Greek had replaced Latin as the language of the administration of the empire. Even so, the Byzantines considered themselves the continuators of the original Roman Empire, and they called their empire Romania. The term Byzantine Empire did not even exist until some time after the fall of the Empire to the Ottomans in the 15th century. So why did the Byzantine Greeks adopt the term Vlach? One explanation is that they had lost contact during the Slavic migrations and especially during the existence of the First Bulgarian Empire, from the 9th to the 11th century.

BYZANTINE

The Pope placed the Imperial crown on Charlemagne’s head at Christmas, 800. After his coronation, Charlemagne called himself “Carolus Augustus Imperator Romanorum gubernans Imperium” [Charles Augustus, Emperor governing the Domains of the Romans]. The authorities at Constantinople did not wish to recognize the claims of the Frankish upstart in the West, although political reality forced a compromise on the part of Emperor Michael I [811-813]. Michael began to call himself [Michael, Roman Emperor]. Before this change, no Roman Emperor had ever used the word “Roman” in his official titles: the Emperor was simply the “Imperator Caesar Augustus.” Diplomatists at Constantinople would soon argue that “Basileus Romaion” and “Basileus” were two different things. In that view, “Basileus Romaion” stood as a superior and unique title reserved for the ruler at Constantinople. According to this clever theory, Michael had really conceded Charlemagne nothing except a royal title, “Basileus” in the sense of “King.” equivalent to the Latin “Rex.” No wonder “Byzantine” means duplicitous. Not until the time of Emperor Otto III [983-1002] did Western Emperors consistently start calling themselves “Imperator Romanorum” [Roman Emperor] in direct challenge to the “Basileus Romaion” of Constantinople.

AN SHIETT

> Romania: Successor Of Byzantine Empire

Medieval Westerners referred to the territory of the Romaion Empire with the name “Romania” [Romanland]. Case in point: from the sixth to the eighth century, the city of Ravenna was the capital of the Romaion province of Italy, the headquarters of the Exarch. The region close to Ravenna was directly governed by the Imperial authority. In the minds of the Lombards, the Germanic people who wrested much of Italy from Imperial control, the area around Ravenna was “Romania.” To this day, the same region of Italy is called “Romagna,” derived from “Romania.”

WE WUZ BASILEUS AND SHIEET

Centuries later, the “Franks” of the Fourth Crusade stormed Constantinople in 1204. In the subsequent Imperial hiatus, these adventurers, largely French, elected their own Emperor and established their own Frankish or Latin Empire. The Frankish or Latin Imperial title was “Imperator Romaniae” [Emperor of Romania]. The “Imperator Romaniae” was something different from the “Imperator Romanorum.” In Western Europe, the title the “Imperator Romanorum” belonged to the German successors of Charlemagne and Otto III when they were crowned by the Pope in Rome. Until 1800, most Europeans, particularly Catholics, spoke of the “Sacrum Romanorum Imperium” [Holy Roman Empire] as a serious and important enterprise. Nonetheless, Western Europeans did not call themselves Romans or refer to their homeland as Romania. These words were conceded, albeit grudgingly, to Constantinople.

In the eleventh century, a branch of the Seljuk Turks established a Sultanate in Asia Minor, after the Battle of Manzikert [1071] in which Emperor Romanus IV fell into the hands of the Turks as a prisoner. This Turkish state in Asia Minor was called “Rum” from Rome (and Romanus IV). The later Ottoman Turks adopted the term “Rumelia” to designate the portions of the Balkan Peninsula that they acquired from the Romaioi in the fourteenth century. “Rumelia” was a dimunitive word. If Anatolia was Rome [Rum], than the European territories were Lesser Rome [Rumelia].

After Wallachia and Moldavia coalesced into a single entity in 1859, the name “Romania” was selected in 1862 to describe the combined state. At the time, Romanian unity and independence required the support of France under Emperor Napoleon III [1852-1870]. The “Latin connection” with France aided the Romanian cause by inspiring French interest in their “sister nation” of Romania. For more than a millennium, the state that we call, inaccurately, the Byzantine Empire was “Romania.” Modern Greeks call themselves “Hellenes,” like the ancient Greeks did. The switch from “Romaioi” back to “Hellene,” like the switch from “Vlach” to “Romanian,” came from the politics of nationalism in modern times.

Greeks needed Western European help to become independent in the early nineteenth century. The Greeks were not likely to attract assistance if the Western peoples thought of Greeks as Byzantines. However, if the Greeks were imagined as the children of Plato and Pericles, then the sympathies of educated Westerners, steeped in the Classical tradition, would be with Greece. In the Greek Revolution of 1832, the “Philhellenic” [Greek loving] sympathies of Britain and other European governments were deeply engaged. Intervention on behalf of Greek independence proved decisive. The name of “Hellene” was revived in order to create a national image which rejected the “Byzantine” past.

i agree

Eastern Roman empire were greek speaking even before the partition of roman empire. Greek language became widespread there after alexander 's conquests and period of hellenism. Romania has nothing to do with Byzantia.

WUZ

fuck off gypos

Profligates! When are you going to accept the fact that Romania is the bastion of European civilization? Westerners were always brainwashed. No matter the rest of the world hates you and now karma strikes you back and floods your countries (which were built by invading other countries, enslaving people, stealing resources, wars, etc) with immigrant barbarians from Asia and Africa.
God doesn't sleep and He can't stand your lies anymore! The west will collapse because you are EVIL

>When are you guys gonna accept that my shit copper wire stealing country is better than all of you?
Never. You don't inherit the legacy of a country, you fight for it, scum.

Fuck off gypsy, anyone educated knows that 3rd Rome is Moscow

>Romania is the bastion of European civilization
>The west will collapse because you are EVIL
k m8

And how did you fight for your country? By killing millions of native south americans and enslaving them?
As I said, God doesn't sleep and He will make sure you pay for all the atrocities that you've done

Preach it to the choir brother

Germanic barbarians like you need to stay away from this thread

skjut dig själv

The successor of the Byzantium is Greece.
Now fuck off gypsy.

Ok

Sigh, listen here, I'm on mobile and in no mood to argue with a handicapped retarded like you.
Byzantine was Greek, alright.
They called themselves Romaioi since the term Hellenes Έλληνες was considered as a pagan term.
Greeks influenced Roman culture when it was invaded. ("Captive Greece captured her rude conqueror")
Now listen here gypsy, you have no connection to SPQR or Byzantium other than your name.
Now fuck off and stop polluting Sup Forums because no one wants to hear your stupid we wuz blabbering.

Go back to your mongoloid tribe, bozgor. Europe is for europeans not for horse fucking asians

Look, no hard feels, but only one city is called 3rd Rome, and it sure as fuck ain't Cuckuresti.

How did we fight for our country? 800 years of fight in our own lands against the Arabs, so the rest of europe and us isn't Muslim to this day isn't enough? And nice anti-colonial propaganda.
Fuck off.
>Gypsy-Slav calls a german a barbarian

So would this make you reaponsible for losing the Hagia Sophia or...?

I dunno m8 the last Byzantine kang wuz a half-Serb n sheeiit

Ever wondered why noone likes Romanians? Ever?
How does it feel for an entire nation to be forever alone?

Lol. Turks are more Roman than Fucking Romanians and they aren't Roman at all

>WE WUZ ROMANS
t. Ivan Stalinislav

Yet you were stull under arab rule (probably you have arab genes yourself). Eastern Europeans were the only ones who actually saved europe from turkish invaders
And germanic tribes were actually barbarians you mediteranian shitskin
No. The catholics were responsable since they attacked Constantinople and backstabbed us
We don't need westerners (backstabbers) or mongoloids to like us. They only thing they hate us is gypsies which have nothing to do with us.

>Eastern Europeans were the only ones who actually saved europe from turkish invaders
Which is why you are a indistinguishable turk rape baby

>You have arab genes yourself
Cool. It's funny how you mention that base-less genocide of the Americas, yet you dont mention our arabic genocide from 1492 to 1800
>We defended europe from Arab inveders!!!!
Oh yeah. You might say that to Lepanto and all those soldiers in Vienna fighting, which were ''German Barbarians'', Hungarians, and Spanish soldiers, Moldavia and Wallachian Hungarian land stealing scum.

This moron actually claims that they were byzantines
Fuck off you moron

>not knowing about the third Rome

what kind of education did you go through?

>Implying that you gypsies are successors to Rome.

I don't think you or spanish people or italians should be in charge of calling other people turkish looking since you literally have brown skin

This argument is fucking pointless.

>You literally have brown skin
Oh I get it! You don't know how our skin looks! You just think we look like those copper wire cables you steal from us c^:

I am immune to the gypsy meme. We both know romanians are not gypsies but it is a proven fact that you and hungarians are of mongol origin

>Gypsynescu unironically associating himself with Romans

Let's see.
>Romania is not gypsy
>Spain and Hungary is moor, Mongol, genocidal people
Cool cool. Did you stick a fork in the electricity post while stealing those copper wires and it affected your head or is it just from birth?

>it is a proven fact that you and hungarians are of mongol origin
Heir to both Roman empire and Mongol empire. We truly are the chosen people.

Again, we both know that I am not a gypsy. But you can't deny your country was built on genocide and slavery

Not an argument.
While nobody has ever disputed that Hungarians are of Mongol origins, our Mongol genes just make our women hotter and our men smarter.

IDIOT

Romania(english term for România ) is not the same as Ῥωμανία.Romania in greek is Ρουμανία

Our country is România not Romania.Its a name confussion.Anyway its an invented name for country, it should had been Dacia but the french and italian lobby was to strong back then and they needed that der buffer state.

>tfw the physique of a white man and the intellect of a mongol
Turanians truly are the master race

>W-we both know this isn't true goy, your country is t-this that these guys that were an enemy of you for centuries t-told me thr-rough books, y-you are genocidal!!!!
By your same logic:
>I am heir of the Roman Empire because my name is Roman, cheers from the Russian Siberia

I don't know what to say about this. Every country claims their women are the best but that doesn't mean it's true.
Tradator! You should be hung

They will soon learn the hard way...

Are you idiot?I just told OP that Romania of ours is not the Romania of Byzantine Empire.

Anyway,Romania are pretty much more roman than all neo-latin countries.

> mfw he does not understand that the "Romania" name was given to us by foreign powers in order to legitimize our independence (mainly by France, as our politicians were licking their arses, going as far as replacing Romanian with French as the most used language in metropolitan areas)
> mfw he does not understand that because of ignorant people like himself, other countries constantly shit on our history
> mfw you truly deserve the term "gippo" as your surnname

Brah, I don't even know where to start. I'll just let the others go on with their mad banterz and I'll just sit here while you call me a "bozgor" or a traitor.

And yes, we actually were born thanks to Genocide. But not from the Americas but from you filthy Muslim-derived people.
Oh okay kek, mistook the color of ID

Jesus Christ you Romanians are a bunch of autists. You are not the heirs to the Roman empire, and even if you were it would be just an embarassement. A third world shithole filled with streetshitters

You could argue that our entire western society today is still 'roman' The Romans were so hot everyone wanted to be them or be with them.

Europeans explore the world, thus spreading Roman values and culture across the globe.

to be heir of the Roman Empire means your country needs to be created by them.This is not the case with anyone today.

muslim?We pretty much have the highest christian population in the world, 99.8% and the most churches in the world.

thanks for the pic bongbro.

>dat filename tho'

You and are undercover foreign agents who want to shit on our TRUE identity. Say hello to your masonic friends at SRI and SIE
You don't have the balls to say that to my face.

its all i ever hear romanians say on here. "BOZGORS!" Its like the Poles and "KURWA!"

>and the most churches in the world
Pretty sure you mean the least standards of living after Moldavia.

> Thinks fag marriage was Roman

yeah, you spread it alright

exactly. The Roman empire is dead forever. There are no more descendants of the Roman emperor. It's over
Oh fuck off

>the most churches in the world.

He's not even lying. Pic related, behold the power of our Orthodox master-genes.

Fellows like the guys that posted this thread are the reason why that's what you only hear.

As I have said before, the moment i refuted his idea, he called me an undercover foreign agent and a secret service shill.

I'm not even kidding, look at the picture again and you'll understand why most of our people are brainwashed.

Romanians are descendents of Romans. Its a fact

>You don't have the balls to say that to my face.
lolwut
You are either serious which would make ou look bad or you are trying to be funny which makes you look even worse.

What do you Romanians think of the ol' Impaler?

Amazing blog post my friend upvoted so like minded people can see this!!! :)

its people like you that give no credibility to romanians.

BYZANTINES N' SHIET

>S-SAY THAT TO ME IRL
>Y-YOU ARE FROM ORGANIZATIONS YOU WON'T CATCH ME ALIVE [PUTS ON TINFOIL HAT WHILE CHANTING BROKEN ITALIAN WHICH HE THINKS THAT IS LATIN]
>It is a fact, written here in this false book, which I like to keep in my library of fallacies, under the Label ''shit anti-european shills say'. I usually leave it around ''The Spanish did American genocide, not us'' and my favourite, ''Holocaust documentaries''

maybe not fag marriage, but faggotry and general buggery existed in Rome. Caesar was said to have lost his virginity to the fan King of Bethinia. And furthermore it was seen as masculine to fuck a man but not masculine to receive it according to our good friend plato.

Kill yourself, faggot. The haplogroups associated with the Romans are J2's subclades and e-v13

A true european hero

Not much.He is indeed a hero for us.But our national hero is Michael the Brave and in anthem we celebrate Michael the Brave,Stefan the Great and Iancu Corvin.

Struggle all you want, daco-roman, it is of no use.
The mighty gypsie race has already conquered your country, just like the rest of the balkans. It's just a matter of time before it will fully conquer the rest of Europe.

Each white man and woman are at a crossroad. Either accept degeneracy and failure, or strive off to become something greater and accept the gypsie genes. It is inevitable.

We MUST start to transcend ourselves beyond our material needs, we must become indo-aryan.

just because a population today that lives on the same territory as the people 2000 years ago has a haplogroup it does not mean that 2000 years ago there were the same.

>this lunatic szekler again

just hit the report button.

One of our most beloved military leaders and Voievod's from Wallachia. We learn about him in history classes and such.

He his highly regarded in the Romanian society. Frequent alternative polls are being held in regards with "who would you rather chose as a leader of your country?"
Most of the people vote for him, as he is regarded as one of our most honest and honorable rulers.

Legends say that during his reign, you could leave a bag of gold outside and you would find it in the next morning unhindered.

Pic related, one of the polls mentioned above.

ayoo we wuz kangz

R A R E

I actually like them faggot

do you actually believe I2 is Roman?

So Romanian are Italians who moved there during the roman empire days?

I thought romanians were slavs?

>it's a "romanians are king of the world" episode

Associate me with magyars all you want, they too shall serve in the great gypsie army of the future.

Their women will serve us, they will breed us, their men will stand hopeless in the face of true male virtue and virility. Romania? Hungary? Does not matter. All it matters is that you must learn to accept your destiny.

The Indo-Aryan identity is obligatory.

byzantine empire in Greek is Rωmania and Romania is Roumania

> canadian
> not saying anything bad about Romania

Why is my thread invested with foreign agents, hungarians with romanian proxies and barbarians who built their countries on genocide, slavery and theft?
We are not slavs. We are the bastion of european civilization. Go on Google and search: Tartaria Tables and Romanian giants

You guys are not Roman. You are Roman-i.

no haplogroup belongs to a population and being roman was a citicenship/title.If you are talking about the people of Latium, no I2 isnt roman at all.

We are romanised thraco-getae-dacian tribes + roman collonists + slavs