How feasible would it be to phase out all forms of taxation? What would society look like without any taxes?

How feasible would it be to phase out all forms of taxation? What would society look like without any taxes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullman_Strike
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kys

Probably like Africa.

No government support at all.

The government gains a fair bit of cash from taxation so you'd be looking at a far weaker government.

"What would society look like without any taxes?"

Shitty considering the rate at which automation is destroying the job market/doubling of the workforce since the 50s.

Social policy in a capitalist framework is the future.

I'm all in favor of handing over services provided by the government over to the private sector. Free market bitches

>believes in the automation boogeyman

>witnessing a 30% drop in cashier/retail jobs in my area alone

The self checkout kiosks are turning the summer job hunting highschool students gay

People who think taxation is theft are always clueless about what money actually is.

No roads, no infrastructure, no police.

The rich would live lavish lives and could do anything they want with no repercussions because they own the police and infrastructure.

The poor would be squeezed of every last cent by the rich in order to use this infrastructure that would never be improved because there would be no profit.

Poor would die out, the rich rule. The government ceases to exist, laws cannot be upheld because police is run by private corporations so any crimes can be payed away.

Basically the world would become the USA

>using statistics to support an argument

Next you'll try to convince me that climate change is real

>No roads, no infrastructure, no police

No public roads, infrastructure or police. Those services would be handed over to the private sector, which operates more efficiently.

>The rich would live lavish lives and could do anything they want with no repercussions

Why shouldn't successful people enjoy a high standard of living?

What would the world look like?
No police, so crime rates would be high as fuck for those who can't afford protection.

No roads and infrastructure, what roads we have would decay over time and leave you with dirt roads, making import and export extremely limited.

No fire departments. They won't work for free you know.

No military, so if there's war... Well use your now non-existent 2nd amendment.

I realized I was wrong, crime rates will drop.
No taxes = no government = no laws = no crimes.

"Those services would be handed over to the private sector"
who would pay for it?

By living in a sovereign state you consent agree to follow it's laws. Of these laws are taxes. This is called the social contract. Read a book, faggot

Taxes should be as LOW AS POSSIBLE.

I didn't sign that contract.

The purest hypothetical result would be one person/family/company owning literally everything; but violent uprisings would occur first.

>What would society look like without any taxes?

Somalia, Antarctica etc

tolls. Tolls everywhere.

Rival watermen sabotaging competitors water-pipes. Hope you like the flavor of lead.

Justice you have to buy is called a hit-man. A hit-man is cheaper than keeping someone is prison.

Theres no profit in maintaingin roads and infrasturcutre. There would be no profit in policework, and if there were the owners of this privately owned police could do whatever they wanted with no repercussions.

By lavish I meant hedonistic.

Well a government without taxation is just a government that hyper inflates.
It gets its spending money somehow.

You receive goods and services from your taxes.
That is not theft.
If you don't pay for those goods and services then you are the one committing theft.

yet you use the services.

We evolved out of Libertarianism for a reason you stupid fucking basement dwellers.

So how do roads get built now? Who pays?

>We evolved from
>Doesn't explain jack shit

Why would 'the private sector' bother acquiring money via nonviolence with no police around anywhere?
If you have the resources to field a group of people with guns, why wouldn't you pay them to just take everything they find?

Honour killings, vigilantism, tribes, war.

You are free to leave.
I hear Antarctica has a tax plan you may enjoy.

The people give the money to the Goverment and the Government gives the money to a company to build the roads.

The government just serves as the middle man.

Yeah Switzerland's is even better.

>Why shouldn't successful people enjoy a high standard of living?
It's a matter of HOW lavish. Having a good life? That's fine. I expect work to be rewarded. People need a carrot to work towards.

But the ultra-rich? With mega yachts and pissing away millions on.... fancy eggs? It's just too wasteful. Spending that sort of extravagance when there are needy people is shameful. Think about rappers who made it big and buy stupid shit. Is that a good place for all those $20 out of the ghetto to go?

No matter how good a CEO does their job, do you think they deserve more than 100x the wage of the average joe punching hours on the clock? (Because it's typically more like 300x the average pay. Not minimum wage, the average, including all the rich dicks right below them)

I know how it works, you didn’t answer my question.
In s world with no taxes, no middle man, who decides what roads need to built? Who picks the company that will do the work? Who writes them the check?

A thief doesn't then go repair your roads and pay for your health insurance with that money.
But yes, of course a lot of your tax money is embezzled and there is no such thing as actual freedom within a country's borders.

user made the mistake of assuming you had at least a basic knowledge of history.

>Still didn't explain jack shit.

Without taxation you can't pay for a police force or military and without that society ceases to exist. So yeah, pretty much Somalia.

>Completely ignoring the first sentence
Reading isn't your strong suit, is it?

Jokes on them when they discover too late that
No Government = No Money

Have fun with your bartering lolbertarifags

Societies all over the world all independently invented government because libertarianism was brutal horror.

So you want the people to give the money to the company to build the road?

The company just gives the money to people who do the work. The company just serves as a middle man. Let's cut him out and have people give money right to the workers who build the road!

When did I sign up for those goods and services?

Companies would have to decide.

Switzerland is not tax free.

Lol wut
How?
Will CEOs have knife fights in pits over who gets the contracts?

Bitcoin is working on that you know....

And.... you can MAKE a monetary system out of god-damned near anything. Do prisons still operate on a cigarette based economy?

When you were born into a society. If you don't want it. You can leave what is considered society.

>"Goods and services "

And again, who writes the check?
Everyone living in the area is responsible for a certain amount? That’s a tax so no...hmmm...

Your parents signed you up when you were born. The same way they fed you and housed you and raised you up. Oh, I'm sorry, did you not sign up for that?

The police officer should be pointing a third hand with a gun at the thief in the top image.

When you got out of bed today found yourself not slave to a warlord.

How much government cock do you suck? I hope they bring back the draft just for you.

You didn't sign up to life either, so you may as well kill yourself right? Let us know how that goes.

*You have not met the minimum requirements to participate in this conversation.
Get an education and then come back or stay at the kiddie table while the grown ups are talking.

Is that right?

Kek

Check my dodectuples, fucker

Goverments and public services run on tax money, so you can go from there. As a whole we would be far less technologically advanced, as the current situation has lead into a possibility to really put things forward.

When you decided to use them you dunce.
You can decide to void that contract by leaving anytime you want. No one is forcing you to live here and use those services. But while you're here, using them, you gotta pay for them just like everyone else.

Compare the total miles of roads, size of electrical grids and waste water systems, military (all branches though navy is where most of the money goes), welfare systems, and all other social aid programs done by all the countries and you are starting to get enough data to have a conversation

That's funny, I see glaring similarities between that system and my ass

That said, of course the US is pissing away money.
Just not as much as that makes it seem

>You can leave what is considered society
Not if you are forced into society to even be present in any of it's self-reclaimed territories.

And we got the ad ho-minim! WOOOO! I WIN BITCHES!

later

Who do I have to fuck to get a producer's credit around here?

And this is when user has realized he has lost the debate.

>How feasible would it be to phase out all forms of taxation?
not feasible. only a fat amiertard would ever think a perfect world is one without taxes. let's say everyone stopped paying taxes tomorrow in the US. the country would be finished in less than a couple of months, go broke and turn into a bigger shithole than it already is.

He's googleing ad hominem right now

EAsy, just make every road pay-to-use

Go be a mountain man

So if I start building a tiny dirt hut, the police will not raid my home, tear it down and demand symbol marked papers?

So all the companies have to work for free and know that in some number of years they will be paid the amount due?
And who picks the companies that will do it? Who decides where new roads will go?

You can't even live in the woods. Modern society is fucked.

How and who decides which company pays the up front costs?
They'll have to wait years, maybe decades to make their money back.

I know there was that case somewhere in Britain that a civilian made his own detour with a toll to pay for the costs. Something like that on a big scale would mean you'd be paying a toll every few miles though. It'd be better to have your tolls tallied up and payed out of your salary somehow. Everyone uses roads, so we could just make it mandatory and give it a fancy sounding name.

That chart is a load of bullshit.

Dollars are not dug out of the ground. A dollar is not a unit of wealth. When a dollar is created, it actually represents a unit of debt collectively owed by the citizenry of that country. Therefore the citizenry have a right to democratically determine rules for deploying those debt units. It would be theft to indebt the public without providing greater value. Government does not take money from taxpayers; it creates the money that citizens get to temporarily use. It is never your money; it is always backed by the state; which is why society trusts it to hold predictable value, and not fluctuate wildly like bitcoin, enabling stable commerce and investment and all the benefits of civilization you take for granted.

I was joking btw, but I’ll play devils advocate for a bit

As it is, companies have to produce a product before they start to make money. That’s a thing that already happens. And presumably whatever company wants to profit will build a road where it’s needed.

Can really answer who will decide who will get the contract, because the whole premise of privately owned roads is moronic, maybe CEO pitfights like someone suggested?

Who's land are you building the tiny dirt hut on?
Are you using any roads or electricity to transport the materials?
Will you be using a phone or internet service or any modern technological devices made from companies that received any government subsidies to develop their technologies?

You didn’t answer my question at all. Again.
Who pays upfront cost? How does the company get the materials? Who pays for the road to be built? The toll will barely cover maitanence on the road let alone the cost of it being built.
Also again, who decides on new roads? New highways and interstates? Who makes sure they meet up? Who decides traffic laws and how do they get paid?
Either answer all my questions this time or just stop.

How do they pay for the raw materials to make the product?
The labor of the workers?

>so we could just make it mandatory and give it a fancy sounding name.
You just described how taxes work.

I wasn't the guy you were quoting, I'm just pointing out that the system he's describing rounds back to tax anyway.

>ancap is actually communism
Really boogles my moogles.

>ITT Companies can build everything but roads.

If all the government did was build road's it would be the perfect government.

>joking
Yeah, your lack of basic understanding of infrastructure is hilarious

Just digging the dirt with my bare hands.

>How feasible would it be to phase out all forms of taxation?
Not feasible.

>What would society look like without any taxes?
Not great.

Banks will fork out a loan to a company of their choice to build a road

How the fuck do you think companies pay for materials and labour before they start producing in our current system?

You’re actually that clueless that I’m arguing against my own position

Not OP but seriously?
I don't need someone else to decide which goods and services that I should get after I have paid them under duress. I'd happily pay tolls for the roads that I need to use, and would volunteer to fight fires, protect the streets and fight the wars that I believe should be fought. I don't need a million bureaucrats leaching off of me, forcing me to take only what they have to offer, sending me to wars that I don't feel are necessary, and throwing me in prison if I refuse to pay for the "goods and services" that they are shoving down my throat.

Last time I checked, education has so much extra fees that you need to slave your entire life to make up for that apparent costly information.

So banks will decide what companies will make what roads where and be in charge of all the logistics involved?
I don’t think you should call anyone clueless...

>bring back
It would seem someone isn't old enough to have signed up the mandatory draft registration documents.

If you don't like America maybe you should leave?

Before government was properly established in the USA, there were company towns. It didn't work out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullman_Strike