ITT: Most extreme onstage antics

>In April 1977, Cale brought the crazy train to Croydon, England. He was playing at a club called The Greyhound. During the show, he and his band launched into their signature lurching performance of Elvis Presley’s “Heartbreak Hotel,” which retained none of its rockabilly sound; under Cale’s watch, the song sounded more like the Bataan Death March or something similarly horrifying and scary. At any rate, Cale decided to bust out a chicken. In his book What’s Welsh for Zen, he described singing the verse, “We could be so lonely...” and he proceeded to behead said chicken with a meat cleaver. The chicken’s head then landed in some random dude’s beer. Apparently the audience was completely grossed out and terrified. In addition, two vegetarian members of Cale’s band were disgusted and walked off the stage in protest.

How many posts until Glassman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2KI2reDdJww?t=2m2s
youtube.com/watch?v=MVa4q-YVjD8
youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9xI-idxeBU
youtube.com/watch?v=U4a1q3S1k4E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ovrrZ03RcGM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgdzr57_sk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxHUqAgDXA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=25fGM62IXMw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDj1A0pqbs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpAM16pjxQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_A5vydtZ--g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think anything can top the Hanatarash show where he drove a bulldozer through the wall of the venue.
As far as more animal stuff goes, Mayhem uses impaled pig heads on stage.
G.G Allen used to take a shit on stage and throw it at people.

Haha, to think I've always pictured Cale as some old bloke wearing a monocle and smoking a pipe in the corner of his Victorian-styled bedroom, never actually looked into anything he did post-TVU, sounds pretty interesting.

i'll add that to my list of things that never happened

There's also the Hanatarash shows with the buzz saws (dude almost cut off his own leg, sawed a dead cat in half) and the time where the main dude straight up chucked sheets of glass into the crowd

japanoise wilin

He basically took far too many drugs and lost the plot completely around the late 70s and early 80s. He walked through a door once (the actual door, not the frame) and didn't even realise he'd done anything out of the ordinary.

>literal image of it happening in OP
>"never happened"

there was also the time the venue had to evacuate the place because Eye was about to drop a lit molotov

one time i saw a band and then the f word on stage. he was arrested later than night

what the fuck did i mean by this?

They say FEAR IS A MAN'S BEST FRIEND

FEAR IS A MAN'S BEST FRIEND

FEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGNAGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAG

>Hanatarash was notorious for their dangerous live shows. Some of the band's most infamous shows included Eye cutting a dead cat in half with a machete, strapping a circular saw to his back and almost cutting his leg off, and destroying part of a venue with a backhoe bulldozer by driving it through the back wall and onto the stage.

>At a 1985 show in Tokyo's Superloft, the audience was required to fill out forms due to the possibility of harm caused by the show. The show was stopped due to Eye preparing to throw a lit molotov cocktail onto the stage. The performance cost ¥600,000 (approximately $9,000 US) in repairs.

>After several years of the intense live shows, Hanatarash was forbidden from performing at most venues, and were only allowed to return to live performances in the 1990s without the trademark danger.

That's a mini digger not a fucking bulldozer

Neubauten taking industrial tools to the ICA stage in London

That metal faggot that assaulted his band and fans

The KLF's plans on drenching people at Brit Awards in sheep blood

Nick Cave assaulting his audience

Gorgoroth's Krakow edgefest

Oh yeah and Rozz Williams crucifying some rldead rotting animal carcass on stage during a Premature Ejaculation show

Some people also meme the 8/8/88 NON show to have been extreme but its probably just made up.

swearing in public is not lawful in my land

>The KLF's plans on drenching people at Brit Awards in sheep blood
Wasn't Bill Drummond cutting his hand off a genuine idea they were thinking of when doing that? Anyway, shooting blanks at the audience was pretty cool anyway.
>Oh yeah and Rozz Williams crucifying some rldead rotting animal carcass on stage during a Premature Ejaculation show
His bandmate (whose name I forget) ate a dead cat he found on the way to the venue on stage once, which is pretty fucked

bulldozers are mostly defined by having a Caterpillar track and metal plate body

I think the hand cutting is an urban legend, I keep seeing it brought up but only by random people with no sources or even a mention where they heard it.

>I'd heard that the original plan for the 1992 Brit Awards was to chop up a sheep on stage and throw the gore into the audience. Unfortunately, Extreme Noise Terror, the heavy metal backing band they used for the performance, were vegetarians and refused to be part of such a performance. Oh dear. At the same time, Drummond tells me with absolute conviction that his first wish for the 1992 Brit Awards was to cut off his hand and throw it into the audience.
>'I thought that would be the ultimate thing, a way of taking it even further. I was inspired by the story of the red hand of Ulster, which you see on the Ulster flag. That comes from the story that, when the first people came to the region, there was a young man in the boat who wanted to be the first to claim it for his king or laird, so he chopped off his hand and threw it on to the beach. So in my head, I was chopping off my own hand and throwing it into the massed ranks of the music business, claiming it for myself.'
>You're telling me that you seriously considered this?
>'Yes, but it's hard... you end up going down an avenue where you are almost daring yourself. I bought the implement... and then... Jimmy talked me down, persuaded me that I didn't have to. The sheep became symbolic. They took the place of the hand.'

I dunno man, seems to me like he was just talking bullshit like he always does. Same with chopping up the sheep, all sources I heard only mention the blood.

Alice Glass drinking whisky out the bottle while on crutches, then stage diving and smashing a guy's face in with a microphone.

I don't think it gets much more extreeeeeeeeeme than that.

youtu.be/2KI2reDdJww?t=2m2s

I doubt he'd have ever have gone through with it, but bearing in mind what they ended up doing anyway it's really not unlikely to me that it was at least something they considered anyway.

>posts link
>isnt described antic

not too extreme but a classic non the less

youtube.com/watch?v=MVa4q-YVjD8

Actually more extreme than you'd think. It fucked Pete's hearing, set his hair on fire and fired cymbal shrapnel into Keith's arms (you can hear him screaming if you listen)

Alice Glass working with Philip and Justin Glass when?

In tribute to Justin Yeldham

lmao @ you anons, it's an excavator

Sakevi from GISM with a flamethrower pointed at his fans
Sakevi from GISM joining some pop rock band onstage and fighting the front man
Sakevi from GISM is known for beating journos up
Sakevi from GISM

Stiv Bators used to have a trick where he'd "hang" himself with his microphone cable from the rafters during gigs. One time when doing that with the Lord of the New Church it went wrong and he actually hung himself to the point where he was clinically dead but was taken down by stagehands when it became clear that something had gone wrong when he pissed himself and was eventually revived backstage

thanks wikipedia, what would we do without you

Once, my friend dragged me to a Neutral Milk Hotel show. It was about 90 degrees but not very humid, and the venue was but slightly under its full capacity. There was a druggie with a toddlers cap who made it on stage and was spinning around a mic stand for about 15 minutes straight and repeating something to himself. Occasionally he'd grimace and smack his closed fist against his forehead. This went on for around 15 minutes.
Then the band comes out. Jeff Magnum, the singer, proceeds to flick off the entire crowd as he walks on stage. "Okay," I think, "so he's like a punk frontman type of guy."
Meanwhile, that guy who was on stage spinning? He picks up a saw and tries to play it.

They began playing their music after about 10 minutes of tuning and "checking for ergonomical intrefusions" (Magnum; sic). Lyrically the show was completely different than what the crowd sang. What really was bizarre though, was that the frontman would go up to the mic between every song and say "muh naym is yeff!" And then burst out laughing and hobble away from the mic in hysterics. He kept doing it. It's as if he thought we didn't hear him the first time he did it.
Eventually he started doing it in the song during instrumental sections, and later, he started saying it mid verse! I remember during the climax of one of the songs about a Two Headed Boy, one that was very emotionally impacting on the audience, he sang
"But doooon't hate her, when she gets up to – muh name is Yeff – leave."
I was baffled. This is this guy's job. He's like 45 and this is his job yet he can't be serious for an hour or two.

you're not funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
/thread

>wants to top the young punks
>resorts to Alice Cooper shit

Poor Cale, such an awkward man, famous in a genre he has no real feeling for.

Justice Yeldman is the harsh noise project of Lucas Abela. All of his pieces are made with a large shard of glass that he presses against his face.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9xI-idxeBU

The Alice Cooper thing is an urban legend.

Yeah you're right, but I had that saved from a long time ago and it was my only input.

The Alice Cooper thing was true, but it was an accident. He thought that chickens could fly and intended for it to fly over the audience, but - obviously - it didn't and the front row tore it to bits

I mean it's that tier of "viddy well" bollocks.

Yeah, but there is a version of the urban legend where he killed it on stage, that was a myth made up by the newspapers.

this that dude on deaths grips instagram the other day?

>band named extreme noise terror
>too pussy to eat animals
metal bands always crack me up with this shit

Oh sure, yeah
They were Anarcho-Punks first and foremost, so it makes sense

I think on the same tour he came up with this look before Friday the 13th was a thing, which is cool

I used to do things like stick severed chicken's heads over my penis, and then try to masturbate them, whilst pouring maggots all over it...

In Los Angeles, in 1976, at the Isntitute of Contemporary Arts (LAICA), Cosey and I did a performance where I was naked, I drank a bottle of whiskey and stood on a lot of tacks. And then i gave myself enemas with blood, milk and urine, and then broke wind so a jet of blood milk and urine combined shot across the floor in front of Chris Burden and assorted visual artists. I then licked it off the floor, which was a not-clean concrete floor.

Then I got a 10-inch nail and tried to swallow it, which made me vomit. Then I licked the vomit off the floor and Cosey helped me lick the vomit off the floor. And she was naked and trying to sever her vagina to her navel with a razor blade-- well, she cut it from her vagina to her navel with a razor blade, and she injected blood into her vagina which then trickled out, and we sucked the blood from her vagina into a syringe and injected it into eggs painted black, which we then tried to eat. And we vomited again, which we then used for enemas.

Then I needed to urinate, so I urinated into a large glass bottle and drank it all while it was still warm. (This was all improvised.) And then we gradually crawled to each other, licking the floor clean.('cause we don't like to leave a mess, y'know; after all, it's not fair to insult an art gallery). Chris Burden, who's known for being outrageous, walked out with his girlfriend, saying, "This is not art, this is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and these people are sick."

In Amsterdam we did a performance in the red-light district. The people in the theater asked, "What kind of lighting do you want?" and we said, "Oh, just put on all the red lights." Then we played tapes of Charles Manson's LP, Lie, cut-up with soundtracks of trains going through thunderstorms, and we went through all all different kinds of fetishes. Sleazy cut his throat and had to kind of do a tourniquet on his throat, and Cosey and i did this thing of spitting at each other and then licking all the spit off, and then licking each other's genitals, and then having sexual intercourse while her hair was set on fire with candles. There was an audience of around 2,000 people.

And each day it got heavier, so that on Easter Sunday I was crucufied on a wooden cross, whipped with 2 bullwhips, covered in human vomit and chicken wings and chicken legs, while I had to hold burning torches - people in the audience could hear the skin burning on my hands. And then i urinated down Cosey's legs while she stuck a lighted candle up her vagina, so there were flames coming out of her vagina. Just ordinary everyday ways of avoiding the commercials on the television....

1.)Genesis stands holding a bottle of half milk half piss. He dinks it as fast as he can without breathing, if it runs through his clothes [it] does not matter. He tries hard to keep his muscles so tense that they hurt.

2.)Cosey begins naked. She has open wounds on her breasts. She also has a raw flash from her fanny to her navel. It is coagulating, about an hour old. She takes a needle and thread and sows up her breast cuts very neatly, just as if she was sowing a pair of trousers.

3.)Small pools of blood thee floor amongst thee yellow polenta shadows of arrows. Cosey takes a syringe and pushed thee needle into her sown breast, filling it with blood. She injects thee blood into thee top of thee cut from her fanny to her navel. It runs through thee cut into her cunt and onto thee floor. She sticks a second hypodermic right into her cunt filling it with a mixture of blood and milk.

4.)Genesis removes his blood and milk soaked clothes. Under them he wears a saran-wrap jock strap over his testicle area. He takes a hypodermic syringe and stabs it into a testicle, fills it with blood, picks a black egg off thee floor, stabs thee syringe into it, empties thee syringe.

5.)Cosey takes a rusty razor blade and cuts a rectangle into thee skin of her forearm. Carefully slicing under one edge she lifts up thee flap of skin and places a passportphotograph of Genesis under thee flap, licking off excess blood.

6.)Genesis takes another syringe of blood from his testicles and injects it back into his forearm. He does this repeatedly, also injecting a total of seven black eggs with own blood. He is stood on a square of bark black nails and ice.

7.)Cosey opens thee lips of her cunt wide and pushes in her fingers, masturbating.

8.)Genesis fills a spinal syringe with milk, another with blood. He takes each in turn and injects all their contents in turn up his anus. He pisses into a large glass. As he squeezes out the last drop he farts and blood mingled with milk shoots out of his arse.

9.)Cosey slithers through al thee liquid toward him, lapping it up, rubbing it into her cunt.

10.)Genesis vomits trying to swallow a 10 inch steel nail.

11.)They meet in a pool of vomit and join together cunt to cock, legs entwined, on thee wet floor.”

– Genesis P-Orridges’ direct account of the performance to Cease to Exist no. 4, LAICA, USA, 1976

that was awesome

You had a really good point until you used the D word. Congratulations you bigot, you just lost the support of someone who agreed with you.

That's not music tho

Dude, just use a toothpick

Yeah, this should be one hell of a collab.

The singer of G.I.S.M. would attack audience members with chainsaws and flamethrowers

Throbbing Gristle

COUM Transmissions

Founsing members of throbbing gristle and iirc released an album.

John Cale's insane, and an amazing artist. He brought most the talent to The Velvet Underground IMO.
youtube.com/watch?v=U4a1q3S1k4E
Skip to 3:40, he plays Waiting For The Man and literally screeches at the top of his lungs in between 10 second pauses.

COUM Transmissions wasn't a musical group.

Forgot pic

Yeah, I know who they are, and I'm not here to split hairs, but they were more of a performance group than a musical one (which is what OP specified; live music performances).

Noise musician crashes metalcore show, breaks leg. m.youtube.com/watch?v=ovrrZ03RcGM

noise musicians are truly the worst, least talented """musicians""" out there

*listened to pulse demon for 10 seconds
Shut the fuck up retard

Lol that assblasted retard at the end

>lol look at me I know how to make feedback loops please take me seriously xd
It takes literally ZERO talent to be a noise musician

Noise """""""musician""""""
>you deserve it fucking fat faggot
Lost it

>you're a no talent piece of shit!
Ok guy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgdzr57_sk

Most noise musicians acknowledge that noise takes no talent.

I could do that in my sleep, not that I want to, because it sounds like shit

Noise is the most patrician music, nigger dog.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxHUqAgDXA

do it

Imagine being so bad at making music you have to resort to making shit like that

No

they weren't but they performed and recorded music under the moniker (mostly spoken word and free improv).

T. Low-t nu-male, go listen to anco, gaylord.

Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=25fGM62IXMw

>durr you should try eating shit it's great
>"no thank you"
>Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk

Even anco's better than the balding, skinny white guys who make noise ""music""

Fucking Christ, don't engage with the retarded prog rock faggot trying to bait you into derailing the thread

>Einstürzende Neubauten
for a while I heard they also used to light huge barrels of gasoline close to the stage so that you physically couldn't stand there comfortably

>somebody actually typed this out thinking it made any sense at all as an analogy

Here let me help you out
>eating shit is hard to do and gross
>lol no it isn't, I could do it any day, it's so easy
>ok then do it
>whaaat noooooooo

The only reason you can't handle abrasive sounds sounds is because your gay little testicles arn't functioning properly.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDj1A0pqbs

Yeah he used to be insane. He was also sexually harassed as a child and was given some kind of drugs like heroin or something as treatment for something which kind of fucked with him and I guess had an all around hard upbringing

He's extremely sensible now tho and very wise.

>juggalo power electronics

>keeps projecting his homosexuality on me
>listens to the most degenerate and male-filled genre whose performances often involve nudity
I wonder what you're repressing there, Anonymous?

Mine makes sense, try again.

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT
LIFE AND DEATH
ARE THINGS WE JUST DO WHEN WE'RE BORED

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpAM16pjxQ

>talent and good ideas are correlated
good thing literally all other forms of music are made for faggots like you

YOURE A FUCKING RETARD
FUCKING FAT FAGGOT

John cale also taught David bowie the violin or something

He also produced or worked with Patti Smith, the stooges and happy mondays and Nick drake (amongst others) before they were famous and they all went on to be very successful... coincide?

Did I ever imply that? I didn't. However, in this case, noise music is shit and ALSO takes takes zero talent to create.

You're right about one thing. Noise is the most degenerate music there is. Everything else is just gay shit out of your gay little brain.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_A5vydtZ--g

Just remembered I saved this like 10 years ago

Same goes for all other music. You just practice everyday till you git good, retard.

m o m

>watches and listens to naked dudes playing shit music
>still pretends not to be gay

you talk shit like a 14 year old who just had his first guitar lesson