I am a lonely 30 year old person. I have a gf though, but almost no friends...

I am a lonely 30 year old person. I have a gf though, but almost no friends. I spend most of my evenings at home either with my gf or by myself. and I don't know what to do. going into clubs and meeting new people feels awkward and a little bit too late. social contact is tiring and it takes me a long time to relax next to a person till I can call him a friend. on one hand I like my solitude, but on the other I have no friends that I can share my fun with.

Just play vidya and drink it’s a good time

This is what we all do. OP is looking for a way out.

try getting a hovbbie

I am 39 married with a 3yo and 11yo. This is what life is like.

Your problem seems to be half in half out of a lifestyle. You either truly enjoy your solitude (which is fine I do too) or you are lying to yourself. Either embrace it or change your habits.

Yup, welcome to the world of diminishing opportunity to make friends. To keep from going crazy, or making your gf crazy though, you "need" friends... so pick some up by going to a park somewhere... join a group sport of some kind and always offer to buy a first round of beer, buy some chicken wings to share or whatever else... somehow over time, so long as you're just slightly congenial, you're considered to be a "nice guy" and a friend to all.

not helping, but that's a good movie.
The one you posted a screenshot of.

I think we all know there is no way out

lmao
you have a gf, bang her brains out every fucking day and dont complain

she also likes anal sex. everything is great with her. but friends are something different. it's a different kind of contact you have.

Yeah, I dont see the issue here
Youre not homeless, you probably don't go hungry, your gf probably fucks you or at least loves you
Shut the fuck up and be grateful for what you have. Some anons dont have a percentage of what you're whining about
Have a drink, take a dab, fucking relax

I guess you guys are right

yes we are, now post your gf

Join a fitness group or martial arts class, it will be fun, good for you and your sex life plus give you the confidence you need

Nice dubs. But I'm 30 now and used to feel Th is way when I was like 17-27.
You feel like none of it is worth it.
Well, shut up and get fucked up. Every adult is on something. Pills, booze, thc, what have you.
Buy stupid toys you love, buy a new laptop, drown yourself in material goods so you can see it's more about experiences than physical things. Although, I will say I always hated doing things for "the experience" you'll start to do things you love and want to do
Dont give up, b/rother. Were successful, so lets stop acting like its so bad

cheers guys

same but i'm 34 with no gf. i spend pretty much evry night playing vidya and watching movies, getting drunk and stoned alone. a lot of weekends i go from leaving work on friday to going back in on monday without having spoken a single word to anybody. i mostly like it this way, but every now and again it does feel a little hollow and lonely.

you could buy some mints?

41 year old here, sole custody of 2 of my 3 kids, joint custody of my youngest, and have her every weekend.. Yeah, as you grow up, and make your own family, it's easy to lose that connection to others we call 'friendship. It can be lonely at times, but it's not a bad thing, and nothing to waste time worrying about. Maybe try to developer relationships with coworkers, or if you don't work for whatever ridiculous fucking reason, get over your shit, get a job, THEN develop relationships with said coworkers.

co-workers are not friends

Lololol mark the motherfuckinmintman!

You gotta learn to read.

Develop the relationships. You already share something with coworkers! The job! Hard part's over

I do work, but from home as an illustrator. I may move my work into a shared office though, this might help.

34 and me and the wife just had baby boy. I'm a fairly congenial guy but at the same time I really only give a shit about my wife, she's the one and only exception in my life and i think it weirds her out sometimes. I just can't be bothered to care about other people's bullshit though. My wife says I'm like a woman because I don't have long lasting platonic friendships like most guys, instead I have a bunch of short super intense friendships that I completely flake out on once I get bored. Is it weird for a guy to do that? To have had over a dozen people in your life that would call you their best friend while you try to avoid that closeness altogether. Hell when I got married I ended up manipulating my wife into a private ceremony with just us even though she has a kind big family mostly because I didn't want to have to deal with family or friends shit like picking out best men or groomsmen or whatever the hell.

Anywho, you're probably wondering if there's a point to this rambling, and I think my original point was meant to be something along the lines of, maybe you don't have friends because you don't really want them. Before I got married I did want friends, but now I just feel fulfilled with my wife, because she really does get me. Maybe that's what you're really missing.

play video games make mates play with mates

Get a hobby. Something that you cant do at home and requires more than yourself to do. It's lame a fuck but try bowling, join a beer league. Lots of awk people but also lost of norms. No social pressure, it's cheap and requires zero athletic or social skills.

Welcome to middle age. Time to take up fishing or woodworking.