So I just woke up and I hear the door bell ring

>So I just woke up and I hear the door bell ring.
>delivery man asks me to sign for a laptop(i ordered one for Christmas)
>I think its weird because im signing a slip of paper and the laptop is wrapped in paper
>bring up stairs and
>read slip of paper i signed after the fact and its not my address
>now have IBM think pad that is not mine and looks to have professional stuff on it
What do I do? notmine.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

akingump.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Call delivery company and explain the mistake.

wipe it by reinstalling windows from a usb, gg new laptop

/thread

Take it to the address on the slip of paper jackass.

this

Put cp on it

this. OP is a stupid pussy mong. He could have done all sorts of lulzy stuff THEN posted said antics for his and our amusement, but instead he nervously asks Sup Forums on what to do because he is an approval seeking faggot.

return the laptop then kill yourself

Im currently 50/50 on keeping it or returning it or maybe something in between?

"Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, headquartered in Washington, D.C., is an American international law firm and the most profitable lobbying firm in the United States."

akingump.com/

Are you *sure* you want to keep their laptop ?

IM OUT

>BIOS lock
By the logo and expensive chinkpad I'd say it a big law firm. So I doubt OP can even access the BIOS, let alone install anything...
Just call the delivery guys, some files on that think could save some poor fuck for jail time..

>slip of paper i signed
what does the paper say exactly?

it seems that there was no mutual agreement between you and the offeror. you can likely keep the laptop with no repercussions.

Considering you signed the paper means they know where this laptop was delivered if someone starts asking about it, which they will considering the company is also waiting for a laptop.

Only one way to find out. But knowing where it's from, OP may as well try and get it to the right people.

Shit in between keys and return

BIOS is locked. Im not getting fucked by a massive law firm. Returning it rn

You're forgetting that OP is pic related.

Central is gonna show up with a cleaning crew...get it to it's owners, dildo.

Set it a side for a bit see if the one you ordered shows up if it dos do what you can to get it to its rightfull place if what you payed for dos not show up and this one is better just keep it

>not cracking the password and finding the codes to the universe
you never know op

Found the intended owner.

>Sarah J. Crow practices in the area of financial restructuring, with an emphasis on the representation of debtors and creditors committees in large, complex cases

OP is found crammed in duffel locked in a trunk, two in the back of the head and it's ruled a suicide

>A highly government security strict laptop lands in the hands of 4chin
How does this happen?

>Reset the fucking bios password
>crack the Admininstrator password
>reset permissions on all files
>get noods or any personal files
>dump here
>wipe the laptop, then return it

*sigh*
Okay dumbasses, it guy here.
If this laptop has a disc drive then:
Make system repair disk on another 'puter. Preferably with the same windows edition.
Yes, a disk, as in cd-rom.

Copy Users-folder from some 'puter where you have a user account, to a USB stick. Make sure to include hidden folders

boot 'puter up from disk. .

clic till CMD-shell is ready.

Start CMD. You're automatically admin,

Xcopy user folder from stick to user folder on 'puter.

Yes to owerwrite. You're admin, remember.

Restart 'puter. You're now admin.

Profit!

RIP guys it was nice knowing you all

Theyll figure it out anyway so just sort it out.

user, this is your chance to fall in love. Don't mess it up like everything else in your life!

Listen I know how to dump its data but we have some white knights on here that are looking to snitch

what a qt

I'm not OP, just dug up an SJCrow from the lawfirm's page provided by

Her eyes are like stars, so bright and so fucking far apart.

Okay, but this is not only data dumping. As far as I know, its the only way to take position as admin on a 'puter with unknown password..

somebody got sent this laptop from their company prolly to work from home its prolly shit tier loaded with company programs and runs like shit u might as well just return it.

HACK THE GIBSON!

Op are u nicholas cage preping for some new movie where u become a hacker overnight and solve a conspiracy regarding the justice system

>crack the administrator password

Good luck with that. I'm the it guy. How the fuck you propose to do this??

Give computer back, she fuccs you, everybOdy wins guys!

>tfw OP emails her personally to say he has the laptop
>tfw they get together for a chat and become partners
Can we help user and qt Founder grill fall in love?

OP here. Just returned it to delivery company wrote phone number on the back of delivery slip
>lookingforlove.jpg

>Just returned it to delivery company wrote phone number on the back of delivery slip
WTF YOU SHOULD HAVE MESSAGED THE QT FOUNDER!!

You only live once so take risks man and you coulda had something going

fuck you, dont ruin this

First time I'm laughed at something on here in awhile.

OP had no other choice tbh.

>OP manages to get the files
>OP leaks the files
>Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP finds out
>OPs name and address is in the delivery note
>OP gets sued to hell and back.

Maybe it was meant for you to get the laptop OP... Who knows? Maybe this is your chance to find something that will change your life...

It takes one Google search you mong

Hey its that Cuccumber guy

For basically any other company, I'd say keep it, but Akin Gump is a law firm. It costs them $0 to sue you because they are lawyers.

Are you a fucking casual?

Unless its fucking encrypted, pick any one of 4 really good tools.

Offline NT is my fave.

Fucking newfag I seriously hope you aren't actually in IT, if you are you are probably a fucking curry munching scammer in a warehouse.

How did the deliver company explain this colossal fuck up?

>expensive chinkpad
wtf? they are like 500 dollars , penny for penny best laptop on the market

Boot a linux live CD, mount the windows filesystem with ntfs-3g and change the SAM file to make a new admin pwd.

Yeah dont be a fuck. The company will look into where it was delivered. If the resource of importance I assure you someone will come looking for it. Give it back. Even if you scrubbed it and changed the NIC/Wifi MAC it's just a laptop, now what? Gonna be a cool kid and try to figure out Kali Linux, maybe go to Barnes and Noble and by a "how to hack" book with a script kiddie DVD in it? kek

>Is someone talking?