youtube.com/watch?v=UF3AoeYbbOI
youtube.com/watch?v=3jdQChUmMNs
youtube.com/watch?v=y2XQ8uLTSn8
youtube.com/watch?v=5CHYchGNFSs&
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz09w8Vho64
youtube.com/watch?v=fsPKTms-k2o
youtube.com/watch?v=lUqDrHqvYl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so, communism is our only option and anyone who thinks otherwise probably is an idiot

>tfw big band is dead
fuck bing crosby

you think those nuked fuckers can have any influence on music? i think not, their two biggest cities are in shambles

Fuck you st patricks day is phonograhic long play of the year

vinyl is a fad. shellac is so so superior.

hah, I bet there will be some kind of nuclear music player, which will use special tiny vinyls containing more music than today's large ones

I can't wait until Spiderland gets released in 44 years.

>traded my rations with a local kid for some of his records
>he gives me nothing but this
what the FUCK did he mean by this?

Man, rap today fucking sucks bad, I don't give a fuck what anybody says. These fools ain't spittin' no type of dope shit, but that's not even the bad part; they're not even saying words anymore. They just got a hard-ass fuckin' beat to trick dumb-asses like you to make you think you like the shit. Play that fuckin' beat! We got some real fuckin' mentally retarded rappers in the game. I know for a fact nobody knows what the fuck these dudes be saying! Wait, turn my reverb and my auto-tune on real quick. This what the fuck they be doing.

I just moved to Argentina from Germany with some friends of mine. What is some good Argentinian music?

DON'T WORRY LADS! THE BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME IS GOING TO BE RELEASED IN 47 YEARS TIME

It's been 3 years since Glenn Miller went missing, RIP

WHo the fuck is even relevant right now? Ella Fitzgerald? Benny Goodman?

youtube.com/watch?v=UF3AoeYbbOI

Is race music the ultimate reefer-core?

But the Beatles will be around in only 20 years. What are you on about?

What the hell is an "album" what like you're gonna get some photos hey everybody this asshole's going to listen to pictures

feels bad man
at least the negros are doing something interesting, check this out:
youtube.com/watch?v=3jdQChUmMNs

no way that this Davis character goes anywhere, but still fun to listen to

nah man there's this new kind of rockin' music in the dirtiest cheapest taverns if you know what I mean, it will be born and become big in a couple of years I'm tellin ya, you know, rough beats, rough attitude, no grampa brass allowed, and prohibited substances

This "music" stuff sure has come a long way in 37 years.

Music was so much better in the 1910s. I feel as though I've been born in the wrong generation.

2010: music dies
gee I wonder what it be like for those future people to witness music's death

Illmatic?

1910s created this catastrophe, so shut up boy
do you wanna be a pretentious avantgarde musician like those who claimed they invented 'new music', which was obviously bollocks?

Al Jolson has still got it!

underrated

I was born in the wrong generation. Music now sucks. I wish around when people still made ragtime. Ragtime was actually good.

kek

well shucks, that aint bad

We're about to finish the patrician classical music era

pleb: Rogers & Hammerstein
patrician: Rogers & Hart

then 10 years of no music

>1942
>have russian relatives in Stalingrad
>they wrote me a letter to send them food while they send me vinyls
>send them food
>they send me vinyls
>the most of the vinyls are just fairy tales and stories for kids
>mfw

you know it my afro-american bredren

heck yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=y2XQ8uLTSn8
youtube.com/watch?v=5CHYchGNFSs&

It seems that the soviets have secretly created a time machine
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz09w8Vho64

you blasted cretin, Shostakovich is the biggest composer in the world right now and his original vinyls are fucking treasures, so should've asked better and should've sent better food instead of your canned ham
>mfw

Man that "We'll Meet Again" song is real sad

Weill makes another hit again.
youtube.com/watch?v=fsPKTms-k2o

*blocks your tonality*

>mfw the time machine took me 2 years late
>mfw she's gone and I have nightmares
>mfw I have no face

M8 albums were a thing in 1947. They were just box sets of 78rpm records.

who wants to travel America and write poetry with me

only beatniks allowed

You're about 7 years too early.

what are you guys doing to celebrate the 37th anniversary of music?

I can't wait until 20 years from now when music is invented

Please don't hit me officer!

Thinking of accusing my neighbor of being a commie! Can't stand his dog barking all day.

And gee-whiz, ain't spook music great? Been smoking a pipe to Billie Holiday all morning!

Any Formby fans here my lads?
youtube.com/watch?v=lUqDrHqvYl0

Big band died with WWII, in the late 40s it was all crooners doing traditional pop. Crosby, Ella, Andrews Sisters, Nat King Cole, Sinatra.

>Thinking of accusing my neighbor of being a commie!

The Red Scare wasn't really a thing yet in 1947, it didn't blow up until the Korean War.

Quiet you, you've been dead for 23 years.

underrated post

based Georgie boy

Maxene CLAIMED

>that hair and makeup

No kids between the three of them. One had an adopted daughter, that was it.

Greatest Hits: 60th Anniversary Collection [MCA, 1998]

From all-American Minneapolis, half Norwegian and half Greek, the biggest-selling girl group of all time. Although Patti's soggy "I Wanna Be Loved" states explicitly that "loved" doesn't stop with "kissed" and my wife swears "Want Some Sea Food Mama" can't just mean butterfish, their considerable sex appeal is all in their wholesome eagerness to let their hair down. By concentrating on close-harmony uptempo smashes, this 16-song best-of-the-best minimizes mawk as well as travelogues like "Rum and Coca-Cola" and "Bongo, bongo, bongo/I don't want to leave the Congo." Only one "polka," for instance. Averred their music director: "I hated 'Beer Barrel Polka' and arranged it as badly as I could, but it turned out to be their biggest hit. So I gave up trying to do anything musically worthwhile." Now do you believe they were on the side of the angels? A-

Wow, can't wait 18 more years for music to become good!

I don't get it.

>year of our lord 1920 + (3x9)
>not listening to cowboy singers
shiggy diggy

Quiet you, you're five years old, Bob. Don't you have a nursery rhyme record to review now?

>Not listening to blues and jazz instead of that hick lone-ranger, marion wayne crap.

Only blacks listen to the blues in 1947 and jazz was mostly an urban thing.

Reference to Hitler/Nazis ending up in South America post-WWII

Given how...not attractive they were, it was for the best they didn't pass on their genes.

The Andrews Sisters hung on for a lot of years but eventually rock and roll spelled the end of them. By the late 50s, they tried incorporating rock sounds on their singles but it was just like your Aunt Sally trying to show how cool and down with the kids she was and looking embarrassing in the process.

:(

>tfw another gosh darn weather balloon landed on my ranch last month

music for this feel?

They didn't have any hits after 1950 but they kept on churning out records until Laverne bit the dust in 1967.

underrated post

That sounds insane. Im calling the insane asylum.

Started writing this book gonna call it 1984

I came from the future to rape your minds

...and all across the lands something began to stir...as prophets began to emerge and born unto thee came forth: Dad Rock was (literally) Born

Gregg Allman
David (jones) Bowie
Elton (reg) John
Mick Fleetwood
Brian Johnson
Iggy Pop
Carlos Santana
Brian May
Don Henley
Joe Walsh
Laurie Anderson
Emmy Lou Harris