What's happened to griefing in video games?

What's happened to griefing in video games?
It seems like it's dropped off the face of the earth in the last 5 years or so.

youtube.com/watch?v=qm1rneT8Z88

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nJbreBKcrSY
youtu.be/ssr1PMSNvwk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the days of epic maymays and lulz

Carebears and snowflakes have infested online gaming, and now in most games you can get banned for hurting someone's feefees.

Pretty much this. If you do anything that is considered annoying in most games anymore, you just get banned. I do have fun occasionally fucking around on Garrys Mod servers populated with little kids that have admins that arent allowed to stay up past 9 pm.

I used to use the name "succnfucc" on games rated for adults. But I kept getting banned from servers for the name. I'm not toxic, I just thought the name was funny.

I hate that shit so much. I use a name that isn't really bad but even on M rated games I get banned because "Kids might see it and try to say it"
Fuck them kids

Seriously. It's not my fault if there are kids playing games designed for adults. Kek but then you can go on Verdun and see squad names such as "Nigger Extinction" or something.

One of the biggest faggotmoves I seen was then Rockstar started censoring their forums from swears. Theyre supposed to at least pretend kids aren't the number 1 buyers of GTA.

That's ridiculous. Like having a playground inside a strip club or some shit.

better greif prevention everywhere

Because it became too easy to catch griefers ban them with plugins. Admins have a disproportionate ammount of power comapred to the average player.

Used to fucking love griefing in 1942.

>playing HC search and destroy on CoD 4
>wait for match start
>pull out RPG
>commence the butthurt

Pretty much this too. I remember the days of when literally changing your username was enough to elude a ban. Now they can IP ban and all sorts of other shit to tell who you are. If a server has a good admin, you pretty much have no chance of causing trouble.

My favorite is on black ops 2 getting stun grenades and flashbangs and follow the niggeriest teammate around throwing them every time he starts to aim. If you do it right, if you run around them and start shooting at them, you will look like an enemy and they will accidentally shoot you.

Also shooting friendly bouncing bettys counts as a team kill from whoever placed it. You can wait for some team mates to gather near it, shoot it and it instantly kicks him.

Try playing aussie server mw3 steam fking crazy made me quit and play borderlands

Fuck yeah.

Parking tanks on the airstrips, blowing up planes as soon as they spawned, taking the ships on the Jap levels off the map.

that's hilarious. I haven't played the new cods though. I miss doing shit like that. I think C4 worked similarly in cod 4

newer games these days are all about intentionally griefing you so that you pay money to buy better virtual upgrades.

tldr: videos games themselves grief you for playing

Are you implying you wouldn't chill in a ball pit and watch the strippers do their thing?

Not that I would not enjoy it, but that having a shared place for children is not conducive to an enjoyable adult environment.

Pretty sure it did. I only have Black Ops 2 because everyone I knew begged me to get it (It is exactly the same as every other CoD.) Also enjoy blocking a sniper into a corner with the riot shield. They get so pissed and when they decide to kill you they realize it is very hard to shoot over it. Its even funnier in regular TDM. I think ill annoy some people tonight on there actually.

I'll have to go fuck around later, too. Forgot how fun it is.

There are still some decent channels around
youtu.be/nJbreBKcrSY

I know, I just got lost in the visual of some dude just kinda semi-floating in a ball pit with scantily clad tits and ass as far as the eye can see.
My brain goes to weird places, but at least this one was fucking amusing.

all hail papa stggs

How about the old days of griefing in Dark Forces:Jedi Knight?

You would modify files on the client machine to cheat easily, and I remember one modification that would crash the other players client.

Many fun times with that.

Sounds great minus having to behave for children.

I still get fags like Captain Planet in my games. I guess you're seeing less of them because they're more likely to have their accounts banned and their YouTube videos get less attention. Also, matchmaking instead of pugs. Easier to ban, harder to maintain significant rank, less likely for newer accounts to get into the games of easily tilted tryhard vets.

youtu.be/ssr1PMSNvwk

I never understood the appeal. Fucking around with your friends in a game is one thing, but randos? Where's the fun in that?

I had a guy on seven days to die join my game and crash my shit once.
He built a ton of TNT all over the place and blew it up. Fucked my game, and then sent me a message saying "lol".
I thought it was pretty funny.

Same as trolling. Its fun to fuck with randos.

I too miss this. What happened was pretty much what some other user said. Too many butthurt snowflakes ruining our online experience. Since I'm not allowed to grieve them I usually dont play online with people I dont know anymore since simply hearing a child give me orders without telling them to fuck off back to school until their balls drop is basically like being trolled.

I use to get a friend and we'd both equip riot shields and c4. Then we'd get in corners and throw our c4 under each other. Then kill the irritated people that tried to knife us by detonating the c4 under each other so neither of us died. Back in the days of the care package glitch, I'd lure them close and then switch to the care package and run circles around them because their look sensitivity would be too low to follow me and they'd miss when they knifed. Then I'd stab them after irritating them enough.

Good times.

In the new call of duty my clan tag is !NGR if that makes anyone feel better
If everyone on Sup Forums did this it would be quite funny I think

Nah, man, trolling takes skill to pull off tastefully.
Most griefing is the "IT'S JUST A PRANK LOL" tier of comedy. It's not all that funny unless you pull it on someone you know, and even then it gets old quickly.
High tier griefing takes effort and setup, which most people don't care enough to put either in.

Aha. The riot shield is basically made for being a cock sucker. Which is why I have it diamond plated with a confederate flag on the front.

Tbh I wouldn’t even be mad

The art of trolling is generating the greatest reaction with the least provocation.

It's all about subterfuge.
Least provocation takes effort.
Killing a teammate over and over is to actually impressive levels of griefing as "LOL I'M NOT ACTUALLY RETARDED" is to trolling.

sometimes it can be unexpectedly easy.

i watched my 13 y.o. make a kid on halo 5 quite alarmed by taking on a british accent and telling the kid that he was racist, and his dad was reporting him to the "authorities". The kid (obviously british himself) was actually so polite and so worried that I felt bad and made my son tell him he was kidding.