Is it wrong that I actually really like The Beatles?

Is it wrong that I actually really like The Beatles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83R53tX0ts8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the Beatles are true Pleb repellent

Yes, very wrong. Your suspicions were correct op

Low-IQ contrarians will tell you yes. Don't listen to them.

The opposite, actually

The Beatles are GOAT!
Fuck the haters!

>the Beatles are GOAT

Well, you are 25% correct.

THE FACT THAT

What a stupid fucking thread.
>Is it wrong that I like something I naturally like?
>Is it wrong that I like the best selling, most acclaimed act ever?
>Can I go to the bathroom ?
Fuck off OP

No, it's not wrong for you to like the best and most popular band ever. It's wrong for you to be an idiot who has to ask permission from Sup Forums to like something.

Good posts

That's a ram, not a goat

youtube.com/watch?v=83R53tX0ts8

The Beatles were rubbish

sigh

I was obsessed with the Beatles from 6th grade to 8th grade. That is literally all I would listen to.

I thought I was very unique and the only one of my kind. I went to Pizza Hut with my family wearing my Magical Mystery Tour shirt.

I walked past a table of some high schoolers. One of them said, "Nice shirt." I took it as an insult and felt ridiculed and embarrassed. My dad consoled me, saying, "He probably actually liked your shirt."

I didn't believe him.

Why did you space your post out like you fucking moop. Do you know how annoying that is to read? I didn't even read it I just want to you to know fix your shit

America rules!

Canada. Basically the worse version of America

He probably meant it wow your a fucking autist

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles.

Why the fuck would it be

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

The "spaces" in my post are necessary for usage of something called a paragraph. This breaks up the text into a separate thoughts, themes, and ideas, as well as making it easier to read.

Please see my profile at www.reddit.com/u/Captain_Ligature for more info and tips! Have a great day!

Didn't read this one either, fix your shit user

>obsessed with Beatles in middle school
>literally all I listen to
>go to Pizza Hut with family
>wearing Magical Mystery Tour shirt
>walk past table of older kids
>"nice shirt"
>feel insulted
>dad says "he probably actually liked it"
>i don't believe him

You know He probably meant it

this, if you don't like the beatles you're a nu-male pleb

The fact that user has NEVER has a girlfriend is, honestly, irrelevant. Or, at least, it would be. The only thing that makes it relevant at all, in any merit whatsoever, is user's own personal fear of people judging him for it. Love, and relationships in general, simply are what they are. Most people don't actually care is you've had a gf. Their reasons for not caring vary, some people just can't be bothered to think to hard about other peoples lives, or maybe they do think about other people, but simply don't care too much about their personal love life. You shouldn't be ashamed of it