ITT: What were they thinking?!

ITT: What were they thinking?!

I'll defend this album to the death. It was inconsistent but you can tell they had a lot of fun making it. Some of the dubstep is ridiculous but it isn't bad by any means.

Having fun while making it doesn't justify the flow on this thing. It sounds more like a compilation of random singles than an actual album.

Sure there are some fine tracks on this thing like Animals, Explorers or even Survival but the rest is forgettable as fuck. I can also somewhat defend Unsustainable since it was recorded with guitars and both Liquid State and Save Me because of Chris overcoming alcoholism but all of these songs are very mediocre to say the least anyways.

Honestly, it's leagues better than Drones.

Essentially this. All the songs sounded like they were b-side stuff from Resistance. They were inconsistent with the flow or direction of the album. Though there are some good songs on there, like Animals.

Resistance is shit too but their first four albums are good

I haven't heard any of it except madness.
And I honestly love that song, very relatable.

Would I like the rest of it?
Never listened to a muse album before

Probably yes
You would enjoy the resistance alot more however I think

start with origin of symmetry and/or absolution, listen to showbiz if you enjoy them, then work forwards from black holes and revelations

Where do you imagine Muse will go with their next album? Is 'Dig Down' a single from it, or is it just a standalone song?

This album is really easy to explain. Strip it down to Madness, Follow Me, and Panic Station - you get this funky electronic-y dubstep-y fun mess. The problem is that they took it too serious and added songs that weren't bad, per se, but just didn't fit with that idea, like Explorers and Supremacy. Add Save Me and Liquid State with Chris, and you get this clusterfuck of an album

It's still a 6.5/10 and great to listen to, it's just nowhere near as good as OOS or anything pre-TR

Listen to Muse chronologically, the music makes more sense. Plus their earlier material is much better
Dig Down was confirmed to be a single from the album, hopefully the album will NOT be like that shitty song

Follow Me and Panic Station are legit bangers

Animals > Isolated System > Panic Station > Save Me > Unsustainable > Supremacy > Liquid State > Survival > Follow Me > Madness > Explorers > Big Freeze

YOU'VE ARRIVED AT PANIC SHITSTORM

It's not easy being cheesy

I am a big fan of Big Freeze, what's the beef with it?

I don't value album flow at all. In fact I like my albums to be quite erratic, mostly tied together by an ethic (in this case the ethic is pop + hard rock with bellamy's attempts at operatic vocals) so I love the album.

MAMM MAMM MAMM MAMMM MAD MAD MAD

Animals is the only good track on the album

Animals is just awesome

Muse sucks

Oh man it's still a better album and era then Drones. Playing shows with a 27 songs setlist instead of a fucking musical and 20 okay-ish songs.

I don't know what Matt is up to but I lost all hope.

I listen to Isolated System on repeat.

From page 10 i give thee life.

Y'know I always thought Supremacy was a really fucking cool song.

MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH
MAAAAD MAAAAD MAAAAD

Muse? More like Snooze!
Haha no but seriously what's their best album to start with

Origin of Symmetry

Yeah I think it's the best on the album next to Panic Station.

"i mean it worked for enter shikari"

Origin of Symmetry easily

>To start with
Absolution
>Best album in general
Origin of Symmetry

>I don't know what Matt is up to but I lost all hope
It all started when he began injecting highschool-tier pseudopolitics into his writing.

Black Holes and Revelations or Origin Of Symmetry

The Handler was the best thing to come out of the drones era, one of their best songs

Learning To Fly, On The Turning Way and Sorrow only good tracks desu

Even then Sorrow and Learning To Fly are three times better live on PULSE

Yet Another Movie is my favorite track. I fucking love that song.

Reapers/The Handler/Defector was the best run of songs they've had since BH&R

Showbiz is Muse's best album.

Fight me

disagree

It's either Origin or Black Holes,Showbiz sounds too much like The Bends. Black Holes is my favourite though because it's just enough cheesy and ridicolous to be amazing

they were probably thinking
>let's actually make an album worth listening to for a change

Showbiz is The Bends but less dreary and more melodramatic. Net improvement.

>The King of Limbs
>"The same shit as last time"
>Has literally nothing in common with In Rainbows

Neat.

Plus Muscle Museum is an absurdly good tune

Peaked too soon IMO

Woah almost like it's bait or something

so unrefined though

What's up with all these Muse fans saying:
>I don't care that they have an inconsistent sound, they're evolving!
They don't care about Muse, they just want whatever the band shits out.

can we fucking talk about how amazing panic station is though

you could say that about literally any band and their output though

Muse's Bsides were better than their albums.

>tfw Muse fan and even to me The Resistance, 2nd Law and Drones blend into one lump