The Pod turns 26 today, say something nice about it

The Pod turns 26 today, say something nice about it.

It's my favorite Ween album and one of my top 5 favorite albums of all time that has a unique lo-fi sound that very little music really sounds like. The closest things that I can think of are the first couple of Sebadoh albums and John Frusciante's solo albums from the 90s that he made for drug money but even there the similarities are minimal.

this album made me appreciate gravy fries

quite possibly the most unique album of all time

either that or this

Best track? Worst track?

best: Pork Roll Egg & Cheese
worst: Strap On That Jammy Pac

>unique... sound that very little music really sounds like

It's funny you mention that, I've always felt that their most unique sounding album was Pure Guava.

I Often Dream of Trains (they did a cover of one of the album's songs for the Pod) is also an incredibly unique sounding album.

it's their brownest album

nahhhh there's so much weirder shit out there, pic related

Best: Pollo Asado
Worst: Boing

hey boing is great

>muh linear scale of uniqueness
First of all something is either unique or it isn't, there aren't degrees of uniqueness.

But also how do you even rank albums against each other what with all the insane things that happened in music. gerogerigegege, Yma Sumac, Jandek, tuvan throat singing, etc etc etc

lemme start off with a basket of chips

Pure Guava sounds like brighter happier The Pod to me. Still a great album in its own right though.

At least it's not as bad as GodWeenSatan

That's the best of their first three albums dingus

In the book Your Favorite Band Is Killing Me the author goes on a little tangent on how The Pod was all he listened to when he had mono since Dean and Gene made it while they had mono.

>tfw the pod and are the same age, and it was released the day i was born

feel pretty good

Agreed

Oh fuck I forgot about that. I've been giving Ween a break for a while since I got tired of the pod. I guess i'll have to revisit.

Best: Pollo Asado
Worst: The Stallion (pt 2)

i always found their music awful. weird al for rick and morty fans

>boing
>worst
wew

What doth life?

YOU'RE FUCKING WITH THE STALLION MANG YOU'RE FUCKING WITH THE GODDAMN STALLION MANG

You mean worst by far?

>best
Frank
>worst
Sketches of Winkle

>sketches of winkle
>worst
YOU FUCKING WHAT

Sketches of Winkle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frank

A few months older than me so probably older than the rest of the board too.

"mang" implies he's saying it with a mexican accent which he isn't

Anyone can say mang

Quite the opposite actually.

He's clearly saying mang in the song.

the stallion pt 2 is top 3

best: laura
worst: awesome sound

Awesome Sound is awesome.

happy birthday

goin down

molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly

It has one or two good songs on it.

I don't get the album cover tho...do they really think they're in the same league as Leonard Cohen? Is it some kind of tribute? a parody? wtf?

It was just a joke. They were kids in a joke band making joke music.

why are ween bros so wholesome and based

alright, I can accept that

Ween is based around having a good time/laugh and appreciating and imitating different types of music, so I think it's only natural for fans to accept differing opinions and have a good time together.

Ween fans are annoying on here but they're pretty chill at concerts.

>time, it's in the hand of God

such a fucking odd album, such a lovable album, such a different album than what it seems on the surface.

seriously displays some of their most tender songwriting on songs like Demon Sweat, Oh My Dear (Falling In Love,) and She Fucks Me; contains some of my favorite Ween tunes in Dr. Rock, Pork Roll Egg & Cheese and both Stallions.

not to mention Strap On That Jammypac, which is without a doubt the best Ween opener on any of their albums (Exactly Where I'm At is a close second though)

low key the best track on this album is Mononucleosis. not only is it just a good tune, but it serves as a microcosm of what makes this album great: these dudes were just kids that were sick as fucking dogs living in this shitty apartment they called 'the pod' and decided to hurl this album together, laughing about how they were going to tell people they were huffing Scotchgard the entire time just so people would think they're fucking scumbags.

I don't know if it's the fact that they were so sick they were in a haze or if it was just sheer carelessness, or maybe a bit of both, but whatever they did, the end result was one of the best albums Ween ever made.

Happy Birthday Pod!
You are fun as shit to listen to while funny drunk
not really any other time tho

This

>strap on the jammy pack
>worst
You fuck. Tbpf though that was the song that got me into Ween in the first place, and led to this album accompanying alot of dude weed sessions

Sorry, Charlie.
OWW!!

1. sorry charlie
2. pollo asado
3. right to the ways and the rules of the world
4. frank
5. molly

so many weird and at the same time addictive songs. I love this thing.

nice album