I paint cars for a living. AMA

I paint cars for a living. AMA.

What do you do for a living?

What job do you have

Paint cars mostly. Sometime trucks, vans, SUVS, or motorcycles.

Have you ever painted the colour blue?

Are you employed?

how tf you did and how much you get paid

My job is to paint. Vehicles. Sometimes other shit

Yes.

Is it poisonous?

How tf I did what? And base pay is 80k plus bonuses. Not a commission fag like most painters

Very. Isocynatates have been known to kill with 1 time exposure. Respirators are a must.

I am.

>80k to paint cars

uh huh

80k? Am guessing thats USD. Even then i think you are talking shit

This is from October. Can't show more since company name is plastered on it

Can u paint deeznuts

I can, but it won't adhere to an unsanded surface

What's paint made of? And how is the oil different from raw oil?

yeah check out mine

have you ever uploaded a file named shutterstock_162512878-1024x680.jpg to the Sup Forums board on Sup Forums?

Automotive paint isn't oil based. It's solvent based. Xylene, and lots of commercial solvents are the main ingredients. Then they add shit like aluminum flake, and Mica for color.

I don't need to prove my income. I know what I make. What's your point?

You see a new car paint where theres a shiny part and smooth type, then theres a car repainted lowquality on it no shiny part and seems rough glancing on it, OP whats missing in it?

I'm an auto adjust, cut the paint full clear

Why are painters a bunch of lazy pickie assholes who want everything done for them. You guys complain about the smallest things and wont lift a finger to fix them. "Tiny scratch on filler easily fixed,nope send it back to body and complain to the boss"

What's the most expensive paint?

Reducer and skill. The texture is what we call "orange peel". Clear coat flows out if reduced properly. Either the clear wasn't properly reduced, or the painter cleared the car too fast causing dry patches.

can you paint your dick and post it here?

do you ever use that 'magic' paint that changes colour when you view it from different angles?

inb4 Britfag

What is your opinion on fiat currency and the delineation of the global market?

Because a painter paints. If your job was to tighten a screw, but the screw wasn't there you'd bitch too. Do your fucking job the first time.

I think the most expensive I've used was for a caddy. Their phantom black is a tricoat..and it sucks.

Chamillion? Yes. It doesn't last long though, and if you ever need a door or hood, it's gonna be a whole car paint job.

No. No need to waste base and clear on 6 inches of pain.

OP couldn't answer my question i think he is lying about his job

I don't have one.

No I havent. Mine was 1253 something

>doesn't last long
what happens? does the colour stop shifting?

It has poor UV protection due to the "coolness" of the flop. Don't leave it outside if you want it to last years.

going for the record of most boring thread ever?

Sure. Gotta be better than cuck,tranny, loli, log threads. At least I'm real and honest.

Then what do you talk about while sitting by the fire drinking brandy?

i heard someone who paints cars say that ideally he would have his car sit for a year after painting it for the best result. why he say this to me?

I don't drink brandy

then you don't belong here

Not sure. Paint dries in a few hours. But it can take up to 3 weeks to cure (scratch resistant). Maybe he has a ritual.

what paint gun are you using? doesn't that red tab for primer only?

I like my Iwata. But SATA is a close 2nd

what is candy paint job?

Ok champaign then, whatever.

ever show your junk to a bunch of school kids?

Are you spraying du pont or PPG? Or God forbid something else?

What is your favorite color to paint cars?

Green. You don't see it enough.

how is the vinyl market affecting yours? seeing any difference? no point in paint when you can wrap (excellent quality job) for 1/10th the price of paint. "but it only last 5 years!" it looks just as good and is cheap enough to change on a whim.

>>why should i ever paint my cars again?

Fellow painter here getting stoned on my day off which Sata guns you using?

Are you in a solvent or waterborne shop? Which companies do you use?

Why are painters and scaffolders my best and most common clients? You should try a real craft and double your income.

Automotive painter, eh?

What is the make and model of your dew point analyzers? How often do you calibrate them?

he is telling the truth.
painters make more than collision techs do.

I can tell you work in the industry.

you're a painter

not op. translucent colors sprayed over a silver, gold or white base

welder?

wildest paint job?

ever written something obscene?

can you respray a car with the door rubbers still on the car or do they get removed before painting?

So do I, but I don't create a fucking thread on Sup Forums attention seeking about it. I get on with it.
>school leaver thinks he's a fucking artisan

Has sniffing paint made you dumb OP?

this retarded

This and what other prep needs done before spray?

That is bullshit, the paint does not have the uv protection, but the clear coat. Every high quality clear has it.

What do you do for a living?