God, what a disappointment through and through

God, what a disappointment through and through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6FP9gyAjKb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The overall summary of Marilyn Manson's whole career.

Heaven Upside down was great, and you know it.

Seriously. Do people (besides trendy kids into hip hop) wear his shirts because they find his looks interesting? I don't see how anyone could enjoy his music.

Did it leak? Or are you talking about the singles?
Pale Emperor wasn't that bad. 6/10 at best.
But for someone who's supposed to be the sort of Great Fear of his time, his music REALLY doesn't live up to the hype or the fearmongering it got.

why would it be a disappointment? i never expected him to be any good? he looks cringey and shit and he sounds the same

People who wear band merch lack discernment. It always tickles me when people object to kids wearing Ramones shirts they got off ebay and shit like that. There is no dignified way to wear a Ramones shirt. There is no dignified way to advertise someone else's product for free.

>his time

1999?

Oh, there's plenty of people who haven't let go of their adolesence that still listen to Marilyn Manson, it's to symbolize it. At least there's actually good music to fall back on with Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson is just embarassing.

No I meant the people in the "trap community" that just recently started wearing his shirts. They don't know his music or anything. I guess it's just another shirt but I just find it a bit weird.

I don't care enough to say any of this outside of mu tho.

lol
Don't tell them dude, it's still 1999, they are still at the food court at the mall feeling proud that everyone is staring at them

Fuck it! Let's go nude... Or, stop driving cars and riding bikes. The idea of giving these people free advertisement just grinds my gears.

You have so few clothes other than merch t-shirts that you thought you had a point here? Wow

>Polo
>Nautica
>Levi's
>Any other fucking brand

Ur not smart

I'm not seeing what you thought I said that indicated that I didn't know you were making a legit/illegit merch wearing distinction.

It leaked yesterday and I've listened to the whole album about 5 times now. The 2nd half of the album is my favorite. Saturnalia is pretty damn good.

Yeah again, you don't have a point here. Some stuff has its own branding on it, that doesn't make using it comparable to wearing promotional merch for music, shows, movies or whatever.

Oh I see, I'll look into it. Ty user

youtube.com/watch?v=6FP9gyAjKb4

All I know about MM is he covered brilliant songs by Soft Cell and Depeche Mode and got lots of attention for it.

Fuck that. Marc Almond and Martin Gore deserve better.

cant find the bit of him at the mic looking animatronic with confetti in the air.

Heaven Upside Down and The Pale Emperor are the best music he’s released in over a decade

He made one pretty fun toungue and cheek alt metal album, three overrated but enjoyable albums, a few shitty ones with good moments and now he's pumping out some musically improved but less fresh-feeling material.

I don't really see him as an artist that you can hate, the edge can be off-putting if you're no longer a minor but he's really not that bad.

As for the covers he did, I don't understand why people view them as some ungodly act of plagiarism.

Too bad the fanbase is just edgetards.

every fanbase is bound to be bad because of group mentality, but his is particularly bad.

The Personal Jesus cover didn’t change the song at all

Have you seen the Manson Reddit page? Pure fucking cancer

The yt comments are enough for me.

I'm this user and it pains me to see an ok artist that I enjoy once in a blue moon have such a shite audience.

Been a fan of Manson since I was 13. So 21 years now...anyway, I wasnt fond of anything post GAOG and I kind of lost interest. Went into this album with very low expectations and Im frankly fucking blown away.

There is one bad song on the record (Jesus Crisis), that's it. The rest is pure oldschool Manson greatness. The title track, Heaven Upside Down is my current favourite, its got a weird QOTSA vibe almost. Saturnalia is also pretty great.

Also, Twiggy's trademark base fuzz is comfy as hell.

w2c coat

try old navy

If that's all you know, then your opinion is completely worthless and you may as well not speak about this subject again. Listen to his album 'Holy Wood' in its entirety, then formulate an opinion.

That's the worst album title I've ever heard

>your opinion is completely worthless

You forgot to finish that thought: "...to me, as a Marilyn Manson fan." And that's fine: continue to revel in your garbage. I encourage and support you.

>you may as well not speak about this subject again

Gladly. Please don't opine about anything that I read, either. Deal!

thank GOD for the Old Navy amirite

*anywhere that I might read your opinion

>Satirizing Hollywood and celebrity worship
>Tongue in cheek reference to the crucifix

Yeah, no, its actually a great album title for a concept record.

Is that what MM's schtick allegedly is? Satire? Fits with his admittedly clever name, but I think it's rather ironic that his followers have idolized and lionized him in exactly the way that he is ostensibly satirizing. How embarrassing for you.

Wow, the need to mitigate damage to the ego is high in this post. Just can't admit that you were wrong? I know, these days, it seems that everyone wants to think they're a genius.

The projection, it is real

You obviously dont know anything about MM. A lot of his work is extremely sarcastic and tongue in cheek. One constant thread that ran through his early work was that America is obsessed with the sacred and the profane. Even the name Marilyn Manson is a jab at how American pop culture immortalizes and idolizes both celebrities and monsters in a hauntingly similar manner.

Dude, I don't have to listen to MM to grasp this entire banal conception. It's obvious and it's trite, and it doesn't have anything to do with music.

"I have no ability to argue intelligently, so I'll accuse the other person of projection so this assault to my ego may end soon" the post.

Well, you asked. Just sayin'.

And the music is hit and miss over the span of his career, although the early Trent Reznor produced work is held in high regard by his fanbase. He had solid output for the first decade of his career, the music went to shit after that, but he seems to be making a return to form as of late.

Im sorry you dont enjoy it, no need to be condescending.

If you enjoy the music, I don't see an issue with wearing those clothes. It could potentially be a conversation starter, too.

>assault to my ego

Because for MM fans, Freudian concepts must be reduced to the same level of reductive (vapid) simplicity as our beloved (banal, derivative) beloved-musician's entire oeuvre.

>no need to be condescending
How he would appear intellectually superior then? Let the poor guy feel himself a little bit.

>the need to assert dominance in an anonymous forum

wew lad

>How he would appear intellectually superior then?

Isn't this the MM fan's MO?

Alright, you must be trolling. Do people really believe that Freud wasn't full of shit these days besides people who don't read?

I think you may be projecting a wee bit. Also, this isnt Tool or Radiohead we're talking about.

Have you actually read "Civilization and Its Discontents," dumbass, or are you just pontificating?

In my experience, Manson fans are much worse.

Nigga, put down the thesaurus. You are impressing exactly no one.

And for the record, if you do believe Freud was entirely full of shit, why are you using his terminology? Are you just being disingenuous? I'm being rhetorical: of course you are.

Youre talking to one right now dude. I could care less if you like MM or not, youre just an aggressive dick.

Yeah, I'm sitting here with a thesaurus, thumbing through it for each post. Are you sure you're not the one who doesn't read? Like I said: projection.

You are spending way too much time here to act like you don't care. I wonder if you say that because you are just as equally pretentious and annoying.

Fine, I apologize.

Cool, no worries.

Never said I didn't care. ;) Anyway, you're right, I was exaggerating and trolling. Sorry.

Because these days, 'ego' means 'self-esteem' or 'narcissism'. 'Ego' in its original meaning may as well be classified as an archaic term.

based

Or you know, it shows support for smaller not well known bands.

>be me
>work in factory
>old fucks and 20 somethings everywhere
>wear dillinger escape plan shirts to work

If they dig, theyre in for a fucking shock.

"Ego," "self-esteem," and "narcissism" all have very different connotations. So I was arguing in order to defend my self-esteem? And what were you arguing for? Truth?

>Be me 5 years ago
>Work in machine shop
>All but 2 co-workers are between ages 40-75
>Wear Children of Bodom and Marilyn Manson shirts/hoodies at work, other younger co-workers are already fans
>No one gives a shit

I still have the shirts but gained too much weight. Fuck.

not him, But listening to Holy Wood, rn damn thanks for the rec user.

I guess you're right about the majority of people. The only band shirts I own, I bought while at a show.

I was arguing for open-mindedness and nuance rather than someone stating something, reading that someone harshly disagrees with the way their post was written, then replying with mitigation to the fact that their initial opinion is poorly-formed and has no real meaning.

So "your opinion is worthless" and "you might as well not speak on this subject again" is nuance and open-minded. Got it.

That's the form of criticism I show toward people who opine about things they know very little about. I never state opinions about anything the way you did earlier. I'm the type of person to investigate something before opening my mouth like I know what it's about. So I was telling you, not asking or imploring, that you shut the fuck up and listen before you speak.