Can you drive stick Sup Forums?

Can you drive stick Sup Forums?

Living in europe. I only know one person who doesn't have a licence to drive stick.

Of course... Not like I'm American..

I am from England.
I drive right even though I am not legal to do so.
Driving on the right... you Yank cunts.

lul

Im american and ive learned recently. Hills fucking suck

I was learning to on my dad's old car but when he got a new one I said fuck that noise and stopped.

amerifag here. i can drive a stick

Of course, though these days I prefer my gearshift at the left foot peg.

American and I drive manual. Pain in the ass in traffic.

American here. Yes I can.

Had only manual transmissions from 16-24ish. Sticks are fun, you have WAY more control, better on gas, and I live in canada so the fact that they're much better on icy roads was a factor. But I got tired of having to sell them at a fraction of their value because there's only like 1% of people willing to buy one.
I drove truck for a while, and after driving semi's through the rockies for a few years, manual transmissions in cars are pretty cute.

Yes.

Cheaper, better mileage, less likely to get stolen, but a pain in the ass in the city. Still, I enjoy the one I use. Usually

Weird how it's totally different in the UK. EVERYONE drives stick, and it's really hard to sell an automatic as everyone is under the impression if you drive auto you're a pussy.

In the states it seems to be the same except no one drives auto because it's less convenient.

Then again you fuckers ride electric carts around the supermarket so you probably know whats convenient and what's not better than most countries.

I've never had any problems driving in snow with an automatic. Even my fucking Cruze never gets stuck. It baffles me when I see cars stuck in snow sometimes.

Yes and I’m getting sick of it

can you walk?

No, but your mother does pretty well.

You're not a proper driver if you can't.

Nigga the entire continent of Europe except for you drives on the right.

This. I wake up dead tired to drive to my dead end job for 9 to 10 hours which in turn makes me dead tired again and I just want to have to do to and from work without any extra effort then I have too.

It's mostly women tbh. They don;t understand physics intuitively like men do, and as soon as they lose a little traction they just stop, and then you're fucked.
I've been across canada hundreds of times, and spent the majority of my time up north, and never ever ever been stuck for any other reason than mechanical failure on a trailer/tractor.
Most people make on of two mistakes - Driving like the road is fine or driving like a 95 year old blind woman.
I'm a big proponent of "Don't drive in the snow unless you have snow tires and a 4x4" just because it keeps soccer moms off teh fucking road.

Nope in Malta we drive just like engladino

Yea I can, pick relevant

Is there a reason you'd want to? For years automatic transmissions have been more fuel efficient...

why would i need to drive stick? im not old or obsessed with cars. get with the times faggots

I nevere really understood this, Im from the UK and everyone here learns to drive stick by default and im fairly sure its the same across the most of europe.

I had to spend around 2 months in Chicago due to work and had to hire a car and the lady looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for a non automatic car.

why dont Americans just learn to drive stick right from the go?

It does make you pay more attention, but sometimes I just want to get in and go.

Automatic or flippers are for lazy faggits unable to fully operate their vehicles

shit yeah

>stick

Its standard ya dufus

No they haven't unless you're dropping a quarter million. Plus they're shit on ice and cost more to repair. Only lazy retarded faggots drive automatic.

You drive that box truck back therr dont ya

10 and 2 while sitting on the gear knob

why would u need to drive stick? stick is outdated, automatic transmission is much more recent and has more advantages. unless u live in somewhere like england which is years behind america in the auto sector.

n-no.

since i was 14.

cuz its awesome and fun to do, you have better control over your car

it becomes natural if you learn it well, i dont even have to think about it anymore

In use they're more fuel efficient. That is you'll hang onto a gear if you're going to be slowing down soon or speeding up so in general manuals rev higher.

This is a bonus on ice for not changing your torque ratio when you go to accelerate, or decelerate, it's gave car manufacturerers a great reason to jack up the prices on their vehicles by adding computers to compensate (supposedly).

>have to take one hand off steering wheel
>better control

>drives with two hands at the steering wheel the whole time

wat.jpg

I prefer automatic because it's easier to focus on my beer when I don't have to clutch and work the stick when i drive to work.

your post fucking triggers me

It’s natural to me, but I’m still sick of it

Really? I think it's fun to do and driving an automatic is boring to me now.

Like Malta is even relevant.

I’ll admit it’s fun sometimes

Not everyone has small, sweaty hands and a weak grip faggot.

I hope you crash into a tree.

If you are a guy, you should at the very least KNOW HOW TO drive stick. even if you don't DD a standard. otherwise mancard should be revoked

doesnt driving manual take all the fun out of the experience.

gear changing is satisfying, especially if you are on a country road.

american here learned stick while I was learning to drive in general

Im sure you've had years of practice on that grip.

27yrs, min 50000km/yr traveled behind the wheel and not even a single fender bender. That's better than most sober drivers or even worse...stoned drivers lol

I'm americano and my DD is a stick.
I do drive it poorly though

I'm from Europe, we all drive stick here

eurofag here, I have never met a person who wouldn't know how to drive stick.

>Can you drive stick Sup Forums?

>ASK YOUR MOM...

gtfo

>gtfo

>That's what she said...

American, right arm amputee, and I can heel/toe as well.

I dont get it. Did you steal her car?

Liar. Show me ya nub

Of course, it's not like it's particularly difficult. My two first cars had manual transmissions, my current car has an automatic transmission.

i can drive 3 sticks

those fucking carpet seats...

what the fucking fuck is that mystery

this car looks like it was produced in 1932

why do you need 3 sticks?

I can't drive at all

Amerifat here, my last 3 cars (including current) have all been manual.

test driver so yeah ..... and yes really

this car has 2 gearboxes

This. And what if you're out with a friend that has a manual car and they get injured and need to be driven to the hospital right away? If you can't drive their car, you might've just cost them their life.

> grinding gears all the time

American here, Can drive stick, do it daily. It's not some huge accomplishment.

Of course. I'm also 'MURIKAN As Fuck. What now, Yurofag?

I laugh at idiots with their hands 10 and 2. They are always the first fucking drivers too. Like the person going 30 mph in a 45 mph zone. Pass them and they are 10 and 2, with their seat pushed up against the wheel.

Because most Americans are stupid.

Maybe you should pay more attention to the road.

Nah, I'd rather laugh at other idiots hand placement on the wheel.

I'm.an American and I drive a 6 speed

If only auto cucks actually understood the true control of having your wheels truely and fully directly tied to the engine at all times while driving.
Driving automatic is simply dangerous, the amount of control you give up in unacceptable.
If you cannot heel toe effortlessly then you really shouldn't be allowed to drive on public roads.

Auto for the daily, manual is retarded for a daily.
Manual for the toy, auto is retarded for a toy.

All other comments are factually incorrect.

Of course. You can see the shifter in the pic.

Don't need to. They invented this thing called automatic transmission and it's the bees knees.

>automatic
>less convenient
pick one

I’ve owned several manuals and drove them for years. I enjoyed it for the most part, I like the added control, but for daily driving/commuting to and from work an automatic is much more convenient.

This. Dual clutch automatics shift faster than manuals anyways. Wish less people would have circle jerks about how "difficult" it is to drive a stick.

The difference in time you ultimately save vs enjoyment isn't worth the fractions of a second you save.

It takes a minute to get used to the clutch in different cars, but it’s not even remotely difficult.

you need a license in other countries to drive a stick????? all ive drove is sticks my whole life

i have always wondered, car owners in UK and other countries that drive a right drive car are the pedals still the same as left drive cars?
american cars
clutch left foot brake and gas right foot shifter in right hand

i think it would be weird to shift with left hand.

has anyone tried both?