youtube.com/watch?v=ESYfneizE8s
youtube.com/watch?v=PUouPlVO8Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=xWrm008YJpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that new bitchy voice
>those corny lines
>most shitty beats possible after Eminem Show

Probably not

With guidance from Dre, better beats and an actual story to tell, yes. Otherwise no.

He's too much of a different time and sensibility.

And was based too much in a kind of edgy teenage mentality to pull off at his age. I mean he could probably actually still be pretty big, but wouldn't have like the 'relevance' or 'voice' that he had before.

Not really a rapfag but isn't he pretty well liked by almost everyone?
Were his last few albums bad or something?

>most shitty beats possible after Eminem Show

Encore has some of his best beats desu.
Too bad Encore and everything else after is shit.

MMLP2 is actually pretty decent.

Not as good as his older shit, but for every meh track there's a great one.

Why does he sound so different now?
Listen to:
youtu.be/tsRUfh99ncA?t=1m42s

Now he sounds like this:
youtu.be/QhxPBrxxaqc?t=2m22s

Now this:

Dream producers for Em?
>El P
>Madlib

Himself

He already did with Relapse

Kanye.

KanyexEm should be the OTP.

I don't think so...now he does Hip Pop...it's not like he's the only one, but he had some potential. But Art doesn't pay the bills nowadays.

We Made You is a steaming pile of shit

He's pretty much The Simpsons of the rap community.
He has as much (or more) mediocre works than good. After TES he pretty much took a critical fall.

HIS PALMS ARE SWEATY

Unironically the best rap verse of all time.

No. He has nothing left to say.

I agree that he's terrible now but he does make some great/decent shit from time to time even after The Eminem Show:

-Mosh
-Like Toy Soldiers
-Mockingbird
-When I'm Gone
-Underground
-Stay Wide Awake
-Deja Vu
-Beautiful
-My Darling
-Forever
-Music Box
-Headlights

That's like 12 good songs in a span of 13 years..

something in the vain of MMLP would be such a breath of fresh air in today's climate. i wish he had "the balls to say it in front of y'all" without having to "be false or sugarcoated at all" still.

Like Toy Soldiers was a really good one. We'd need this kind of Eminem right now...

But i'll add that we would need this kind of deep lyrics from anyone really... But music is hardly confrontational anymore now. You'd think that having Trump in the government would make people angry and frustrated....right?

after Relapse, Eminem completely killed off Slim Shady aka the only thing that seperated him from other rappers.

So now he's just normal boring generic rapper rapping over boring generic beats. His beats don't even sound like they were produced by Dre anymore. And he's constantly making songs with pop singers when his whole shtick was he hated pop.

I wish he would get his edge back, rapping fast means nothing if the words have no impact.

he's not boring in MMLP2

tracks like Evil Twin, Survival and Rhyme or Reason and Asshole are all in Slim Shady fashion

You're just not looking in the right place. Can almost guarantee if anyone gets that way the comments will be swift. Talking about being edgy and sjw bullshit. Keyboard Crusaders.

No love was pretty dope too

>"I'm part Manson, part cannibal, part mechanical shark throwing animal parts at Scarlett Johansson"

What did Eminem mean by that?

Why do you feel cringe when I listen to this artist?

Modern Eminem gave us some good songs but the "act" is old now. I agree, he needs to bring back Slim Shady. Those are by far and away his best songs, especially from his first two albums.

This huwhite nigga sold more records than anyone why isn't he retired?

What's he going to do now? Another inspirational track? Another Sup Forums track? meh

>white
>male
irredeemable

He's pointing at us...

>"I put on my mother's make up, get naked and run around"
>"Waving the gun around I think I'm down to a hundred pounds"

Hip hop now is about new sounds and autistic screeching

Doesn't matter how godly his emcee level is that shit got boring

>Encore has some of his best beats desu.
Is this contrarian opinion?

>Now you get to watch her leave through the window, guess that's why they call it window pain

Did you listen to the bonus disc of MMLP2? I thought it was better than the album. youtube.com/watch?v=ESYfneizE8s

I don't know why this has never happened. I'm pretty sure the only song they have together is Forever and Em's verse was phoned in. I knmow Em was in the studio with Kanye buring the MBDTF recordings but didnt end up on the album. Are they low key beefing or something?

I doubt they're beefing. Kanye called Eminem the greatest artist.
youtube.com/watch?v=PUouPlVO8Pg

And he rewrote his verse for 2 days for Forever:
youtube.com/watch?v=xWrm008YJpI

I doubt they're beefing. Kanye should really collab with him. (although the vocals will probably be shit because this is nu-Eminem)

What pissed me off most about Eminem is that hes still trying to be on top of the charts. The dude didnt have anything left to prove after the MM show. I wish he would have gotten more experimental.

The thing is, their styles would clash quite a bit. The only album of Kanye's that Eminem would ever remotely fit on would be MBDTF, and where? Where could he have gone on that? Monster is maybe the best thing stylistically suited for him but even then not really.

He should've replaced jay z

I could see em on Cruel Winter

Modern Em is alright if you're into the technical side of rapping, but it's missing a lot of the emotion and story telling he had in his SSLP - TES days.
His rapping is like a peacock, a lot of style and showing off but not a lot of substance

Not really.

literally the only way would be to completely drop any hints of edgyness and cornyness, and to make a really in depth concept album or something, with a good story, clever rhymes, and good production for gods sake
im 99.9% sure that will never happen though

That's probably the best metaphor I've heard about Em's place in hiphop

sounds like he should do a collab with Roger Waters then

Roger "see a jew, go pew pew" Waters