Does Sup Forums believe in an afterlife?

Does Sup Forums believe in an afterlife?

Hearing about what DMT does to people, it makes me believe that everything either resets in another universe/time/place/organism.

Pretty fucking scary to think you're destined to be reborn into a fruitfly. What's the point of existence then?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dsWfGzxjs0w
youtube.com/watch?v=6n4iadLN6IU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mushrooms will help you understand friend. There isn't words in human language that can show you what you seek.

i've only done LSD and it was like everything was connected but DMT is a deeper connection i heard.

"Time flies like an arrow....Fruit flies like a banana."

You're going to spend a lot of time looking for meaning where it isn't

Don’t believe in an afterlife and think all of it is junkie hogwash and religious paranoia. If I could believe in comin back as a fruitfly, I would be ecstatic knowing I had another chance to play the reincarnation lottery until I was a conscious human being again. But nothing happens, if anything you can be redistributed as energy into other organic beings but what are the chances of you being concious again? Slim to none.

No we are all star dust waiting to die and give our atoms back to the universe, also i've just done aload of coke

What is DMT?

Yea i believe in one, i mean believing in one is better then not.

near death experience here.

im an atheist so i was actually interested in what i saw. vision blacked out and all of a sudden im in my parent living room watching spongebob squarepants with my little brother and my parents arent arguing, just enjoying coffee in the kitchen. start singing the spongebob theme song until 10 mins into the episode i realize im 20 not 11 then look at my parents and everything got sucked out through the window and blam back in the real world. ears were ringing like hell, and i was a bit freaked out. anyway i think what we see when we die aligns with our beliefs and what we personally think heaven is. that was mine for some reason.

wow, I've been on this same thought process.. alignment.

chaotic good here.. :^))

>Watches spongebob for eternity
Idk man sounds like hell to me

roll a d20

kek

I don't believe in an afterlife, What scares me is if everything resets and we're just supposed to relive everything all over again. Really explains Deja Vu for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=dsWfGzxjs0w

What sort of beta fag was OP watching cartoons

Decent b/ conversation. Better than all the furry and pedo shit going on, good thread

Kek

yeah i dont understand it either but it was so fucking real. i can remember the smell of the coffee and eggs in the kitchen, the episode was "sailor mouths", the sunlight pouring through the windows, birds chirping and a dog barking. the sound of the wind rattling the shed door, its pretty convincing. i can understand how people become deathbed converts.

do dmt or stop being presumptuous. no your brain just does weird shit when it is dying

this. at the end of the day LSD and DMT are just drugs. They're both singular molecular entities, just like any of the endogenous neurotransmitters in your brain. Trying to assign some spiritual bullshit to it is full retard like any other religion with magical entities.

Not a deathbed convert but ive had some pretty fuckin weird visions when i was 12 my dad and i had an argument and i went to bed pissed was about to fall asleep and randomly got some image pop into my head of lights turning off around my dad looking angry holding a knife, got freaked out and walked over to my dads room peaked in and he looked almost mental holding a knife, i kept staring until he eventually put it down and went to sleep

a dungeons and dragons near death experience would of been pretty sick. like i said it felt more real then anything ive ever done.

that sounds fucking horrifying. i think that may of been more of a lucid dream. its hard to know, but if you happen to have it happen again move things in your apt or house around, that way you'll know if it happend or not.

Tipping my fedora so hard right now to you my enlightened chap. Truly you're a supreme being intellectual and not just a retail working fat fucking loser

I never fell asleep was up till 2am scared to shit just waiting in my room

Again i'm not spiritual, you faggots make alot of assumptions about people.

If you've done LSD or DMT then i'd like your input, i agree there's alot of spiritual mumbo jumbo out there, but the experience itself is worth talking about since it does have alot of similarities of what traumatic events people near death have gone through.

At the end of the day life at bare bones is about experiences, i'm not saying to go take LSD and Ayuhuasca.

Overall i dont doubt theres a god or afterlife im more scared about what it is, dieing without knowing what happens next is scary as shit, imagine having to ponder whether or not you get eternal torture, eternal happiness, or just nothing, scary shit. On top of that most ethics are based on humans, what if what we think is good is terrible in gods eyes?

near death spongebob guy here. after that i started taking lsd but its not the same at all. i mean still a great experience unless your bi-poler then your gonna have a bad trip. but you do feel a oneness with everything on the come down. dmt i cant seem to get my hands on.

also have some joints rolled up, acid and weed is possibly the best combo ever. you will however eat non-stop.

Yeah after LSD i def felt/saw strings that connected everything.

euphoric sensation of oneness.

If there's any DMT anons i'd def like to hear about you're experiences.

>all this shit
>by Some Nigga

now listen here, here's a story
about a little user who was blue, inside and outside

Anyway don't think about it too hard, you'll start to realize that things are basically outside of your control in their entirety; you're constantly told you have agency over your own life but you don't, but assured you can't control anything but (even though controlling your own life would take agonizing effort).

I'd worry a lot less about the afterlife and a lot more about how big a crater you're gonna leave when you go out with a bang. You either live long enough to write the book, or you die soon enough to make it into the best chapters

perhaps your brain was sending you somewhere where you could tolerate the pain you were going through before you died? Kind of like the final attempt to manage pain?

dont ever do lsd..
its bs.. chems

When you die, you could be reborn as a baby with no memory of your former life.

Or, when you die, a baby is born.

Same thing.

yes there is for sure something else/more going on behind the vale

no we have no real tangible connection to it in this life

dont ever go outside you might breathe in gasoline by accident!

To exist and do whatever makes sense to you.
Even if we only get one life, it's the same thing, live and do shit that interests you.

also NDE are dissociative experiences BEFORE death, not after. Its like experiencing the climb of a rollercoaster but no free fall, you don't get the full experience.

I don't believe there is one. I believe this life is all we have so make the most of it.

actually what had happend to me wasnt scary in fact after my arm got mangled i expected to feel alot of pain but i just stared at it like i had a kid that got all f's in school. tied a belt around my arm to stem the bleeding and made my way to the office areas but i guess it cut deeper that i thought because after i got to the offices i passed from blood lose and then damn near flatlined. had i been cut a 1/8th of an inch deeper or didnt belt my arm i would of died.

maybe if people defined it better, like, living again forever? makes zero sense to me.

oh yeah one last thing, i could see my muscles in my arm move where i was cut open like in an anatomy book. which is pretty fuckin surreal

The universe wastes nothing. We can quantify 90% of perceived existence. But we can't explain anything about what conscience even is, or its purpose. No, there is no afterlife. There is only conscience, and since the universe wastes nothing, neither does it waste conscience into nothing. Especially given that conscience (the thing we don't understand) can effect things we think we do understand (double slit experiment)

but never clinically dead.. faker.. :^P

but will we return to the consciousness that we are currently detached from? Are we not here collecting unique experiences so we can return with data, and then be redistributed into positive and negative enegry?

no one has the answer but there is clearly more to life than meets the eye

/thread

i believe in ghosts because they annoy the fuck out of me, my wife and our cat. but that's it as far as "afterlife"

> believes in ghosts, and nothing else to see here folks, move along?

you want advice on getting rid of those?

>"universe wastes nothing"
>Useless energy

you functionally can believe whatever you want as long as your not a shit tier nihilist.

no
the eye is just a faulty tool over-designed and over-qualified for a job that is retardedly simple and belongs in the hands of someone with all the sentient processing of a moss-covered rock-- that is, the bare minimum

instead, we get to perceive a totally meaningless blot of time with absolute awareness, like having the world's finest markets and a single sticky note to make use of it

anyway, it's not that there's 'more out there' just that we have an eye that's designed to pick up things that aren't there so that nobody has to put a carrot on the stick above us, we just do it ourselves and the powers that be laugh at us because without the carrot or the stick we could actually relax once in a fuckin while

but yeh, have fun striving for meaning where it doesn't exist. seriously, you're statistical vomit against all probabilities and nothing more-- given infinite time and opportunities we eventually managed to make humans (wow, such an accomplishment) and that's basically it. a lot like a metaphor for childbirth-- nobody asked us if we wanted or needed such depths to sentience but there it is anyway, as often as it fucks us over and creates problem it itself is required to solve

but eh. people want to believe they're important and special and individual. that they're not just a statistic marching towards death-- call it edgy or whatever you want, but the alternative seems to be grasping at literally anything in the hopes that your life will magically be revealed not to just be a totally inconsequential result of a total chance

what if you're a positive nihilist?

>being this much of a semantic asshole

is that really nihilism though?

Mushrooms made me okay with life for the first time in 12 years.

>10 months microdosing
>2, 4-gram trips ending

>bluh bluh people interrupted my belief that the world is totally more significant than it is and I'm totally a special lil snowflake that can see ghosts and touch peoples' minds and hearts

w/e dude, keep prayin you turn into a fucken goat in the next life or whatever it is y'all do

Time created itself
Space created itself
Logic

lmao you are fucking moron

thats why its called near death. i didnt say i came back to life or died.

he's right man. if you keep looking for meaning in these drugs you'll come up either emptyhanded or deluded beyond recognition. trust me, been there

I don't really know, I just find comfort in everything being ultimately meaningless.
That means I get to decide what is important to me and not really give a shit about what people who are unimportant to me wants me to do.
I take part in the stuff I want to and do whatever I need to live my life like I want to.

Tf does being special have to do with relegion 90% of relegions outreach to others, and want to convert everybody. So tell me again hoe does wanting everybody saved make them special snowflakes

sounds more like daoism to me

maybe there's a reason we're humans cause we have worked our way up from more primitive incarnations and maybe we're gaining experience with every new incarnation.
I personally would love to try dmt but I'm a little scared too

>insults people because they dont believe what he believes
>hates relegion for being special and having there own opinions
>mfw critizing relegion for doing the same thing as him
>mfw insults instead of providing proof
>the brains of Sup Forums everybody

yep you are in the realms of irrationality, you can only really pull analogies and experiences out of that shit, nothing really concrete. As an artistic tool its really useful but when you take it seriously you get new agers. Thats what happens when you do drugs that make everything extremely compelling, you start seeing too far into things.

It might, I haven't really looked into daoism.
I just tend to think that all of the ideologies and religions out there want me to do stuff to be right according to them. I just wanna do what feels right according to me. That basically comes down to a single principle for me "I'm free to the point that I do not limit the freedom of others".
I did no such thing, I was just talking about how I think of the world, which I called positive nihilism.
I haven't badmouthed anyones beliefs.

ya don't listen to that guy, definitely read up on daoism.

>Does Sup Forums believe in an afterlife.
I know there's a Hell, and that's precisely why I'm going there.
Once you know it's real, every following action is just an attempt to escape it, so you're ushered further into it.
You'd think there'd be some spiritual cliche about how acceptance removes your chains and turns it into Heaven or something.
You're wrong.

Wrong person mfw

Have had several dreams with small "scenes", you know, where dumb shit happens and you transition to a different area for what feels like seconds or a minute but in these dreams one of the scenes is something that happens a day, or even a week later. Pretty scary even though it is the most mundane things like eating lunch with some buddies and feeling freaked the fuck out when I see that they are all eating food that looks exactly like what I saw in the dream.

People have had these experiences with near death experiences that aren't necessarily painful.

this was a genuine offer by the way.

you are aware that hell was just made up by the religions in order to scare people and make them follow the rules?

I'm looking it up now.

OP here, are you just talking about ur mental state? or some kind of experience?

What about with relegions with forgiveness exe christianity or relegions with no hell

>le edgy atheist fedora meme

That's what I used to believe too, until I saw the ramifications of my for actions myself.

Huh apparently I'm already doing something that is connected to Daoism. I do qigong.

anyone else been in that state between sleeping and waking up in the morning? I was like waking up from a dream and realized I was in some mandalic space in the back of my head or something, I internally felt like I was in the presence of god. Was a very strange experience, its only happened once and I've never experienced it again but it almost felt like remembering something I forget everyday that I don't normally remember. Was different from a regular dream at least. I wasn't really religious until that moment and even then I have extreme doubts, but damn I cant deny that happened.

YES

Deja Vus freak me out. Sometimes i think it's our minds trying to sync up with alternate realities, and sometimes i think it's just a brain fart, i.e. you could've dreamt anything and your mind just compiled it as "that" memory because that specific memory was "deleted from your RAM" so to say.

Idk how else to explain it.

Former person with epilepsy
I have dejavu about 6 times a day super annoying considering it causes me to instantly lose focus

I honestly think deja vu is more related to dissociation and mental representation, if anything its a hiccup of your representation of reality which is subjectively in your head and doesn't truly exist to begin with on that level. Seems pretty biologically plausible/not that novel but for sure its still a pretty interesting experience.

I definitely believe in an after life.
I'm just scared ill never attain it

A hybrid of the two. It's almost pointless to draw lines between them. I'm actually violating the conditions now by speaking about it, even though my memory's been tarnished so I can't retrieve information without putting my brain under stress. They just trickle and emanate weakly now, with very little new material generating anything of particular substance.
Basically, what I'm confronted with currently are people who are essentially ahead of the curve, and luring me into revealing more about the mechanics of Hell so it becomes even more real.
There was a long, drawn out thread on /x/ a while back that I created detailing it to test the threshold. Some people understood it, I don't remember the consequences, because it's hard for me to actively remember anything at all.

i always wonder how other people are able to create immersive and believable worlds in their dreams because i certainly can't.

most of the time when i dream there's barely any continuity to the events happening. it's like i'm to stupid to hold a train of thought and i'll just accept that i switch locations all the time. usually I'm left confused because i keep forgetting the event that happened before the current event.

That once again leads me to my belief of us being cursed to relive the same experience/reality until we've reached some "goal".

For example, if i kill myself, i'm forced to relive the same thing over and over again with my deep deep sub-conscience trying to reach out to me from committing the same mistake.

Kinda like how memory stays on a computer even after you wipe it clean, sometimes u can recover fragments but it's never a clear picture.

This is just nonsensical rambling tho, u religion fags don't need to take it so literal, it's just a brain fart.

sure. they/it are not terribly bothersome, just wife starts talking thinking to me, seeing movement and sensing i'm behind her, spooks her reasonably, cat gets puffy, a lot of shadow movement on our staircase when we're just chilling.

it's not like a hollywood poltergeist or anything

I think its waaaaaay more complicated than that/we could ever imagine. This level of reality is just not meant for the human brain to logically proccess, its like functionally extra-dimnesional. Like a 2d object trying to conceptualize 3d space.

At the end of the day the only thing we can agree on is no one has a fucking clue but we are all gonna find out lol.

hey can u link me the thread?

I'm really interested.

why so angry?p

i dont believe in any religion and firmly think that whatever humans can imagine cant possibly be the truth. if you come up with a theory it immediately means it isn't true.

but I think that there MAY BE something weird going on only because of deja vu. but as i said if I dream up some theory it immediately means it can't be real.

there is no hell you idiot. some sect people are trying to manipulate you or something.

Had an ego death on shrooms.

Everything went black and I had no sense of self but I felt... at peace?

I've made entire biomes with personal mansions and made different living creatures and plants to inhabit these places in my dreams, it's kind of neat.
I even let a recurring nightmare creature loose in a jungle I had made, so it would stop bothering me.
Well basically I grew up being bothered by ghosts a lot, I used to able to see them as a kid, now I just sense them.
Basically I got tired at some point and decided to set up rules, I basically visualized a grid of energy that covered the walls roof and floor of my living space and decided that nothing malevolent would be allowed through and that benign things would be able to enter if I were sleeping. I connected the energy grid to things that hold affection value like a mental anchor and decided that it would run on whatever energy comes from me living there.
I dunno if it's just the mental state or if it actually affects them, but since then I've not been bothered by things that were bad.

It isn't even in the archives so I can not, but from what I can tell it's spawned from trying to make sense of the world.
This song states it somewhat correctly.
The second portion about Heaven is total dogshit unfortunately.
Honestly hate listening to it at this point in time.

youtube.com/watch?v=6n4iadLN6IU

I stopped giving a shit what you have to say a long time ago.

>Sup Forums - roleplaying

wouldn't be able to enter if I were sleeping*

>I stopped giving a shit what you have to say a long time ago.
this was the first time i replied to you