Sup Forums How do you kick a soda addiction?

Sup Forums How do you kick a soda addiction?
Simply, I've been drinking soda (specifically Coke) since I was a baby, or so. I love it, but starting about a year or two ago, it became a common daily habit to drink close to 3 liters of Coke a day. I don't love the caffeine, just the flavor. If you went into my room, the floor would be completely covered in Coke cans and bottles. I clean up, but sometimes, I get lazy. I've tried tactics like a psychologist recommending me to only drink it in one spot, but that didn't help. The other was to drink something else before drinking Coke, and it should make the craving go away, but it only made the cravings worse.

Now, it's all starting to affect my health by gradually depleting my metabolism, and it kept me from gaining any muscle from working out last year, because I would drink some after working out. What's more, I get shakes, fatigue, and terrible headaches if I don't even get a little bit in a day. Even worse, I spent close to $500 a while ago in only a month just on Coke. I need to know how to not be addicted to it. I really don't want to get rid of it altogether, because Coke is probably one of my favorite things in life, but I need help with the addiction part. What do you guys think I should do?

Dont drink soda. Ez

Yeah literally just stop drinking it. Whenever you feel like drinking a coke just quickly chug a big glass of water instead.
I used to be siilar to you but then when i got a gf, i found out she always has a water bottle with her, so i started doing it aswell which helped

Wean yourself off with mixes like tea, lemonades, juices. Something sweet. Drink some ice water. It's not that hard, just keep telling yourself how terrible that shit is for your body whenever you feel like reaching for a can. It's alright to have some once in a while, but you really shouldn't have more than one can on any day.

Seems good so far

And remember, nobody gives af tbh so everytime you drink one you are only fucking yourself over, and only you care/ have to deal with the consequences.
Faggot

I replaced it with chewing gum
cheaper habbit, better for teeth too

but you'll crave one every now and again, just ignore the erg

its an addiction that has lasted your whole life. Its not gonna be easy to break. But the best way to break it is to simply stop it completely. No cheating. No more "just this once". If you want to stop just stop now. It will be hard but the physical pain is probably due to caffeine. once you get past a month of no soda/caffeine you should be through the worst of it

Simple, use an opioid every time you have the urge to drink carbonated sugar piss water

Oh shit a post I can actually help with.

Personally I was a Dr. Pepper drinker. At LEAST 2 liters a day since I was a baby, my parents used to put it in my sippy cup.

Long story short I'm 24 now. Last year I had to go to the dentist and he basically told me I've been acid-washing my teeth for the last 20+ years so they're all weak as shit and the enamel is almost completely gone on ALL of them.

That was enough of a kick in the balls for me to want to start weening myself off of it. In order for it to not have adverse effects you need to ween yourself off of it, but it's not the caffeine, it's the SUGAR.

You can either cut what you're drinking now with water or just straight up buy diet, mix it and ween that way.

Overall you could be completely off of it in a month if you did it right. Start by reducing to 2 3/4ths a day, then 2 1/2, 2 1/4, etc.

The biggest factor here really is just not having it in the house. You could 100% quit it cold turkey but caffeine headaches are fucking AIDS.

DON'T swap to something like lemon tea or whatever. Drink water, buy one of those squeeze drink mixes and add a little for flavor.

Your teeth and blood pressure will thank you.

Thanks for the tips

I definitely think this is the best advice. I'm screencapping this as a reminder

1. Stop drinking soda now. No cheating. No "just one more time" or "just this kind of soda". Stop completely.

2. Replace soda with 1-2 cups of coffee per day to avoid caffeine headaches.

3. Drink cold water whenever you feel the urge for a soda.

4. No cheat days. Quit soda completely.

5. Laugh your way through hell until the cravings go away.

Just do it, I went cold turkey. Decided to go back because also fuck it, I don't actually care that much

but yeah, put it down and didn't give it a second thought for four months, count of that what you will.

>drink coffee
>no cheat days!

nigga

Never thought it was that easy.

What the hell is Coke?

I guess coffee wouldn't be so bad

Black coffee and jewy soda stream homemade pelligrino.

Quitting cold turkey isn't the answer..Simply start drinking less and replacing with mixed drinks like someone before me suggested...I went 6 months before starting up again...

Here's what got me off of nicotine:
If you feel an urge, wait ten minutes, and occupy youself before actually giving in to the urge. You will get distracted and forget about the urge.

Worked for me.

ugh, at worst i drink four cans in a day on a bad day, i had it for a little while where i couldnt drink it without alcohol but then i was buying less alcohol so a coke seemed refreshing, im glad i dont have an addictive personality so my advice prolly isnt helpful but you should have an easier time quitting soda then say cigarretes or something so my best advice is just ignore the craving

I can try it

Try it for a month, paired up with .
I would usually just watch YouTube.

also if your cravings are like my soda cravings u prolly will start thinking about it often during the day and get annoyed u cant have one but you wont lose your mind and die

Drink it only on the weekend.

Just buy less coke and more water/juice i guess? I mean the problem is not drinking a coke at work it's more like drinking 3liters of coke at home and if you dont have 3 liters coke you might just drink something else. Will get easier with time.