Thinking of living out my car. Has anyone ever done this? Any tips or advice Sup Forumsros?

Thinking of living out my car. Has anyone ever done this? Any tips or advice Sup Forumsros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RLA2hTuXLig
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Car or like an suv or van?

Car. I was planning on having the back seats and passenger seat removed too

Lots of warm clothing and blankets. At night a car turns into a fridge. You could waste petrol keeping the heat on all night but you'll just end up burning it out within a month. 45f outside can feel a lot colder inside a car.

What's going on to force you to such a consideration? Or do you not really have to (in which case you shouldn't). I've done it short term. If you have to go that route: Walmart parking lots for nights (plenty of lights and cameras for security, toilets 24/7, convience of whatever you need from the one-stop store) and McDonald's internet.

In b4 op is another underage faggot who's throwing a fit because mommy took away his zelda game

I haven't found that to be the case. Seal yourself up good and a car stays warmer inside than a tent. Just don't think it's as insulated as a house. The windows are the weak point. If you get a sub-zero sleeping bag you'll absolutely be fine.

Soul searching. I plan on working out, saving money and continue my studies in college. I'm trying to figure out my purpose in life.

Remove all seats except front and drive. Install two burners from radiator. Golden. Check local truck stop for weekly clean.

Thanks guys. It's really appreciated.

Cheap gym membership for showers.

Cooking yourself will save a lot - don't eat out just cause you live in your car. Find some way to cook.

Careful organization of clothes is a must. Never tell anyone IRL

And how the fuck is living out of a car going to help you with that?

See this is exactly why this country is going to fucking shit

Do not leave a car running while you sleep. Uncle died from this in the 80's, shits rough

Sry but wtf? Why do you need to live out of your car for that? Especially if you're going to school? Or are you talking online school? It'd only make sense if you were traveling across the country or something. Otherwise just get a place with roommates. At least you'll have a bed to sleep on.

He's probably a woman's studies major or some other bullshit that barely requires you to show up, let alone learn anything

Let me add, from my experience: You are going to feel worse about yourself. At first it's a just a new 'experience' but that shit wears off fast and you're going to feel the very real effects on your psyche and physiology of lowering your social status in society. Don't fucking do it man. Unless you're talking like a month tops, don't fucking do it.

Lived in my car for a couple weeks while I moved to a new city looking for a place.

Had no problem staying warm. In fact, I got too sweaty because I'd sleep with clothes and a blanket.

Paid $5 every second day to shower at the YMCA.

Ate fast food.

Went to Starbucks for wifi.

6/10. Would do again.

Computer Science actually...but yea. For everyone else that gave great advice. Thks!

Cook where?

Two words, bro... Baby wipes.

Must be your first semester huh? Good luck passing CS and math courses living out of your car

Nope, Senior. I spend majority of my time in the library

If your car is paid in full: Take a loan out from multiple banks and put it all into bitcoins or whatever. File for bankruptcy and prepare for shit credit for the next 7 years. In a nutshell example: order gift cards with bitcoins and live off the grid for a while. After 7 years decide if you want to go back to normal living.

Oh you're a senior in high school, okay my bad. FYI those thots only like that you HAVE a car, not that you live in it

Second the gym membership for showers.
Also don't hang out in your car. Just stay in it to sleep.
If you have a lot of clothes rent a small storage unit to store clothes/extra stuff. Keep the stuff in your car to a minimum.
Second what user said above about not eating out all the time. It will get expensive.
Don't count on wal mart because of problems with people staying in thier cars not all of them let people sleep overnight anymore

Cont. Below

Exactly what I kind of had in mind. I recieve a pension every month and am going to school on the GI Bill.

only do this is you travel and have a budget to do stuff

*if

No women in my life. Too much of a distraction.

I've lived out of...

>Small Toyota
Fucking horrible. Traded it in after a week for a...
>Ford station wagon
Which was much better. Strung up cloth over rear windows for privacy and back seats folded down for roomy sleep area. Lived in it for a few months until I moved in with a girl for the winter (she was fat but at least I was warm). Saved up enough money to buy a...
>Chevy van
Which was fucking awesome. Had a bed, hot plate, solar panels, small generator, tv, improvised AC. I even built a sink. Living in an apartment now but I'm seriously considering going back to the van.

As gay as Reddit is, the sub for this is pretty good, may want to take a look.

Homeless Nonprofit worker here.

Walmart ia a good place to sleep over night. But you cant do it night after night. Turnpike and highway gas stations are the same deal as are bus and train hubs. Basically any place where a traveller might stop and rest. Just dont use airports. Sometimes large municipal lots are safe for a few days.

Alleys and abandoned lots in industrial areas can also be used, but people will sometimes mess with you there. Don't use areas behind shopping centers. You will definitely be messed with.

YMCAs sometimes offer showers to less fortunate populations. Google local foodbanks and wait outside for them to open. Once you're there, share some cigs with others waiting and ask about safe places to park for awhile and where to find daily labor.

Street culture is about honor, dont be a dick and dont be soft, keep your word and dont run your mouth.

Like any other area of life, being successful at homelessness is about who you know, not what you know.

i cant believe you cut up some fat chick just to stay warm

Man you guys are awesome. Really good advice. I can't thank you all enough.

>now let me not post the link for you

He is a senior in college you fucking dipshit.

Those dick sucking skills of yours will come in handy then, living on the streets

Once you climb inside their hide it's quite toasty.

>But you think fat chicks smell bad on the outside...

Oh I'm sorry is this your fucking boyfriend? Go cry me a river faggot

Cont.
Check local laws about occupying a vehicle. There are some places where it is illegal. Most places it is not but security and maybe cops will give you shit. If they ask you to move on just go ahead and do so.

Don't stay in the same place 2 nights in a row. Have multiple places mapped out and rotate through them. People will less likely I'd you as homeless. Once they do thier attitude changes about you.
Exercise when you can sitting in a car all day will cause circulation problems.
Keep your vehicle looking clean/washed. Cops /security are more likely to stop and look if the car is dirty/filled with trash
If you pull out the seats, plug up the holes in the floor board.
Also get a couple of yoga mats to lay down for a sleeping pad, then put a blanket over top of it. Laying on the floor of your car will be uncomfortable AF

What happened? Asphyxiation?

you won't really have internet

Get a reliable van or Kombi or some shit. Car is fine for a short period, but if you need to extensively mod, vans etc are made for that shit. Make sure you ventilate from the ceiling as well, depending on the area you will need to lock up and close windows.

I was planning on using coffee shops, campus and I have access to the military base facilities for Wi-Fi and gym

Its like living outside of your house.

>bankruptcy
>shit credit for 7 years
you'll have credit cards and a 700+ score in 3 years, not as bad as people make it out to be

If you buy anything at Walmart you can park there overnight for free. Even a $0.25 pack of ramen noodles.

Fucking dumbass. You don't even know what country OP is from

Say goodbye to your hygiene

Make sure you park it in a place where you're not going to get your shit broken into.

Invest in tinted windows.

I dunno about OP, but you certainly sound like you could suck a mean dick.

He's clearly american you idiot

What fucking european would willingly live out of his car

Get a camp grill and some gas

I'm the guy that hopped from car to station wagon to van

I completely agree on the Walmart thing. I rotated between three different Walmarts, 2 shopping centers that had Planet Fitnesseses (where I had $20/mo. membership) and a 7-Eleven where I befriended one of the night Clerks. Never stayed in the same place two nights in a row.

>Planet Fitness was a life saver. every morning I would go into one and get a workout, shit, shower and shave. Best $20 I ever spent. I was never in better shape or better groomed than when I was living out of a van.

Every country is going to shit because of this.

Leave your sleeping place before dawn.

This guy nailed the car life, he also lived in a storage unit for months, I hope you get inspiration
youtu.be/RLA2hTuXLig

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it

it's going to shit because fuckboy's in men's clothing run the show all over the world

just look at Asian leaders, they're the ugliest, least-effective sons of bitches of all time, not a one of them accomplishes shit that's worth anything

>be me 2 years ago
>be severely addicted to heroin via IV
>be kicked out of my house
>forced to live in my truck on settlement money
>spend all of said settlement money on heroin
>february in NY turned my truck into a freezer
>shit was not cash, it was arctic temperatures
>get sober
>dont live in my car anymore like a fucking loser

When living out of my van I would go to McDonalds - Coffee is decent and cheap, free WiFi and a place to plug in my laptop.

Though I got alot done out of my van using my smart phone (theres an app for everything)

Make sure your income and savings match any foreseen or emergency expensesrs like matinace or repair.

>acting edgy online

you're a lonely, tiny person and we all know it, whether or not you admit it

denial suits you tho so stay salty

Or set up a fire and use a frying pan or pot

>redshit spacing
Please go back there since this site is too "edgy" for you

If you're a signal dude then you can save up and buy a house in a more prosperous state.

hard kek

If you live near the interstate they have rest areas you could use one of those once a week. Do keep car clean rent a cheap storage unit to keep your shit in get cheap gym membership to shower and workout daily. In the storage unit you get power of you was smart put a microwave in it and warm up a meal a day.

So much this, consider your mental stability Op

Lived in car & woods:

Scrounge up enough for a coffee @ dennys or ihop because they're "bottomless". Wait for people to leave with uneaten food on their table. Snag it before busboy does. Eat for a day in a few hours for a couple bucks.

Spoiler: you don't, and no one else has a fucking "purpose".

Find something you can tolerate, and make money with. That's the best you can do without being a poorfag these days.

Awesome!! This shit looks great. Really appreciate the link

This is basically what I did. I was pretty much "lost" with no idea what I was gonna do with my life. A year later I had plenty of cash, was fit as fuck and had become a certified personal trainer - All out of a chevy van.

being poor or with low social status in the eyes of society is hard
everybody is going to give you the middle finger even your own family

had me at 2:08

Think of living on such a small place as like living on a boat.

This is exactly what I'm shooting for

Buy a tent. Thats what im doing next time I have a spaz moment like OP.

that wobbly folded plank he rest his stove on looks too unsafe for me, otherwise it's a pretty good setup for mild climates

Argentinean here
If you are planning to live like this more than a month then you should adapt your body to this

Always clean the air of your car
Never sleep with all the windows closed no matter what

I know usafags are shit in making food but you need to read a lot of DIY and learn how to make a healthy food outside your car

Try to get a (I don't know the name in USA) long distance electric wire so you can get electricity to your car

Make a shit to block your windows at night, it's really shitty sleep with all the windows, maybe some nigger will see you and you get fucked

Even though maybe you just need a camp site , it's more natural and you can keep cheap shits in there so no one will steal you

this builds character though
if you make it through you won't give a fuck what other people think or their perception of you and your choices

Definitely trade up to a van if at all possible. Once you put in some insulation, black out the windows, add a few comforts like lighting and a hot plate - You'll be MUCH happier.

If you're stuck with just a car - Consider becoming nocturnal. Sleeping in a car at night is nerve-wracking and people WILL fuck with you. But if you sleep in your car during the day at a Walmart nobody notices. Then hit the gym at night, pull up close to Starbucks to tap their WIFI (you can be in fron row of parking lot and still have good connection), etc.

i live in the back of a semi truck, easy peasy

escaping being poor is hard man... everybody exploits and abuses the poor

you obviously dont know what you are talking about lol

you can cut a hole in your back seat, then down through the floor board so you can shit. you just sit there and shit, then drive away from the pile. have a small cover to close the hole when not shitting so possums and raccoons don't climb up your shithole.

lol living the dream man

i know, im speaking from experience. also you'll stop seeing yourself as poor at a certain point and begin to pity people more fortunate

how do you know?

This is a good one.

I mean, I wouldn't even really be poor. I get a good pension and I get a housing allowance for being a full time student. The main goal is to soul search, improve myself physically, mentally and financially.

Get a gym membership. Free showers and stay in shape.

why would you pity more fortunate people? lol
when i was poor all the fucking jobs I got exploited me... my family was ashamed of me for being in a low pay job and gave me the middle finger, and the people I knew just nod their heads at my misfortune
I mean fuck them right? That´s what i thought and still think, but that shit is not easy man... In the hood if they think you come from an upper class they despise you and want to hurt you
there are a lot of angry people in poor areas... why the hoods are normally dangerous places?

also being poor can be a humbling experience...
when I had little money to do everything even buy food you learn that just for having some food on your table you are a very fortunate person....

OP and the guy in the video is just faking being poor. they have something to fall back to and just want to goof off.

I never said I was poor. I'm interested in doing it as a learning experience

Or they just want a new experience because their current life is too easy, and they wish to be challenged; even if just slightly

Use your critical thinking skills and contextual evidence to make educated assumptions. Think more bro.

You know, when I was living in my van I never felt poor - I felt free. I'm sure that it helped that I had more money in my pocket than I'd ever had before. Being able to save $1000 to $1200 a month that would have went to rent/electricity is liberating.

divine king terry, the terrible, is roaming his kingdom in arizona/nevada right now. living out of his van, chasing off CIA niggers. you should check him out and see what that life is like

>why would you pity more fortunate people?
you discover how shallow, selfish and weak most people really are. its not an issue of resentment either. more of a conscious realization you'll come to understand if you go through something like that. its liberating. i would live through be dirt poor all over again just for life experience. teaches you resourcefulness, humility, toughness and a lot more.

>liberating
thats a great way to put it. you feel completely free

oh.. then you will learn a lot,its an enlighting experience man, it will probably humble you down a lot
but if people notice you are living on a car they will fuck with you, so watch out and dont trust anyone because it can get dangerous