I just went to the bar to meet people...

I just went to the bar to meet people. Nothing happened because I'm fucking retarded and don't know how to socialize in that kind of environment.

I had a few drinks with a friend, scoped out a couple of cute girls (one of which was sitting 2 feet away from me) and yet, didn't do shit and went home.

If I see someone I'm interested in, what the hell am I supposed to do? We might go to a bar in a different city next time, but I play games and talk to friends online; what are the odds I'm going to find someone for me in a place like that, anyways?

I'm not ugly, not good looking either, really. Maybe 7/10. Had one chick grab my ass and dance on me while I was getting more drinks, but she wasn't my type.

Socializing sucks. Inspirobot gets me.

10/10, would look here for assistance again.

>Socializing sucks
Doesn't even sound like you tried. If you want to meet people, guess what? You have to actually talk to people instead of sitting in a bar doing nothing and complaining on 4chins.

Do what I do and don't give a fuck until it just happens naturally. Worse that could happen is you die alone which it's looking like it'll end up that way anyhow, right?

>what the hell am I supposed to do?

This is my main problem; I don't know how I'm supposed to approach people. Do I just buy them a drink and hope they come over? Do I go sit next to them and start asking them 20 questions? Terrible pickup lines? If I had any idea how I was supposed to interact with people I don't know a thing about, I wouldn't be here. I'm just here trying to figure things out before I even go with the thought of attempting again.

You're overthinking it.
Walk up to someone interesting, say hi, then make some small talk to see if you like them. Literally anything would be better than just sitting around agonizing over the nuances of human interaction

Sounds pretty simple, just wish it were as simple to execute. I think very analytically, so this is an issue for me all the time. I never really looked for dates, when I was going to school, relationships just kinda happened. I'm not as attractive as I used to be and have never had experience with meeting people. Next time I won't be in the town I live in, so it might be easier for me to talk to others without fear of looking like a moron. Thanks for taking a bit of time to talk to me, at least, I just needed some perspective from someone that has no idea who I am.

>Sounds pretty simple, just wish it were as simple to execute. I think very analytically
Bad news user, you've got the autism.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably, wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

you sperged out. it's a good thing you are terrible, otherwise you might reproduce and create more autistic children.

I have the same problem, it really sucks. Try drinking something it should makes you feel a little more confident.

What is "Small talk" ?

"Hi there how's it going crazy weather huh nice tits"

????????????????????

I actually tried that, but after 4 drinks, I still didn't feel anything. Decided to go home instead of spending a ton of money on a venture that I clearly wasn't prepared for.

This is what I did when I was new to bars, keep in mind I went alone

Literally talk to people, and I mean anybody. Most people are friendly if you're friendly. Make small talk, be honest and tell them you're new to the bar thing. If you see a girl you like, go up to her and say introduce yourself, ask how her night is going. Compliment/flirt with her at some point. You'll most likely be nervous, this is normal. It means you're doing the right thing, breaking out of your comfort zone. I'm assuming you're not a total sperg and you've at least been with a girl physically at some point in your life, so I'm not gonna walk you through all the steps. One thing I will definitely say is don't get too drunk. The last thing a girl wants is some sloppy retard hitting on them, which is what half the guys there do already especially the closer it gets to last call, so being somewhat sober will work in your favor. Most importantly relax and try to have a good time

>I'm assuming you're not a total sperg and you've at least been with a girl physically at some point in your life
that's a hell of an assumption friend

Well if he's a virgin then he's got way bigger problems then picking up a girl at a bar

what if you are a virgin? What advice do you have for meeting girls?

I don't mean to hijack op's thread but uh you know research and stuff

Nah, I've been in relationships fairly consistently up until a couple of years ago. Last one was started when I was still in college and just haven't learned how to meet people outside of situations like school. I may need a few drinks, but I would certainly avoid getting too drunk. I'm more than likely going with friends, though. Would it make more sense to talk as a group or should I go up to people without them? Thanks for the tips, though

Hey, buddy, no harm done. Everyone deserves to be happy, and if you need to hijack the thread, I'm all for it. If you're in school, I can at least say talk to people you see often. Make friends and from there, you'll meet girls that may be a fit for you.

I'm probably going to be going to bed pretty soon now, so feel free to hijack the thread

How old are you? I mean I really don't want to derail op's thread here. All I'll say is I was 21 when I finally lost it. What I did was literally talk too and go out with any girl I could until I finally got one to have sex with me. After that mess was over that's when i went out to bars. So basically if you're a virgin and out of high school then you just have to keep trying until you succeed
You know what honesty that's hard for me to answer as anytime I went out with "friends", there was a girl in that group I was trying to fuck. If you're with guy friends, then it'd be a good idea to approach them together as girls are never alone at bars anyway. Otherwise you can split off and look for chicks/do your own thing for a bit. Sorry I don't really have any great advice for that but I'm going by what I'd do

i'm 24, turning 25 in a few days. not in school anymore.

You aren't the only one in this situation OP, just ignore most of the cunts on here because there's a lot of people that are exactly like this. Most girls too - they will probably be the same.

You're in a tough spot, I was in school at least so I wasn't totally hopeless. Do you have a good job? Your own place? If you approach women or girls in HS you'll at least have that going for you. It's hard to give you advice, I can't imagine how unbearable it is to still be a virgin. When I was 20 turning 21 it made me mad, to the point that I didn't care anymore and just kept pushing through. If you've stopped trying, I'd strongly suggest you get back on the train and give it another go. If you have guy friends then tell them your situation. They may not understand how you feel but they will most likely want to help you