So it's better than Nevermind?

So it's better than Nevermind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEOEhmyiygY
youtube.com/watch?v=j3SfZRGD_uY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMNREfRtX6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Indeed. But Incesticide is better than In Utero.

Absolutely.

>Indeed. But Incesticide is better than In Utero.

/thread

Definitely. It is hard for me to decide between Bleach and In Utero, but never over Nevermind. That album made and broke what people think about the band in general. Incesticide is what people should listen to get a better idea about how varied their lesser known songs are like. Nirvana was better when they were noise rock and sludge metal inspired. Imagine how much they would have rocked have they stayed with ripping off Melvins and early Soundgarden. Kurt was friends and toured with cool folks like The Jesus Lizard and Tad. If you look at how much he talked about the bands he likes in his diaries and interview, you could see that he could have been happier playing with small labels like Sub Pop. Sonic Youth were the ones who got them signed to DGC. If Bleach and Incesticide were any indication, the band thrives better with raw and loud production such as In Utero. It is hard for me to go back to the pop production you get from Nevermind. Even the band feels they were not happy with how they sound in Nevermind.

tl;dr In Utero was among my very first owned albums and it changed my life. It broads your taste better than albums like Nevermind.

While In Utero was definately better than Nevrmind, Drain You, In Bloom, and Territorial Pissings were GOAT

Nevermind's issue was not their songs but the production. Lounge Act rocks the shit out of me.

>Nevermind's issue was not their songs but the production.
Oh, I agree. I used to love Nevermind, still do, but once I listened to some of the songs that were less polished, or even their live performances I prefer those more.
youtube.com/watch?v=jEOEhmyiygY
youtube.com/watch?v=j3SfZRGD_uY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMNREfRtX6g

In Utero is just.... Perfect. But my favorite is Bleach.

WITH EYES SO DILATED
I HAVE BECOME YOUR PUPIL

Does it get more or less perfect if you include Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip?

Nevermind is still great and one of the most important albums ever but I definitely prefer In Utero 10 times out of 10. The production on Nevermind is so manufactured and safe compared to In Utero. Albini really was what brought Nirvana to the next level as a band.

FUCK MAN THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME, ONE MORE SOLO?

Imagine if they had used Moist Vagina instead.

M A R I J U A N A

Easily, thanks to Steven "Steve" Albini.

Amazing how much that worked for them when Steve thought they were just R.E.M. but louder.

He probably thought the same about Pixies but look what that did for them.

Let's not compare apples and oranges here.

Can we stop this meme?

And yes, OP In Utero is a near-masterpiece

best grunge coming through

All of their albums are better than nevermind

You fucking wish, Love. Not even the best female fronted grunge release.

Dawg, its the perfect grunge album.

Best 90's album coming through.

Not even at being perfect.

ESL? I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're saying.

I'd probs say that's Camofleur or NMH

He is saying the album is neither good nor perfect, therefore it can't be either.

Nice joke, user.

>tfw i actually think its that good

I like Live Through This but it is far from the best.

There's a mix of Nevermind by Butch Vig which sounds a lot better than the official release. It's not perfect and could be better, but still a noticeable improvement.

>the best female fronted grunge release
And what would that be?

Do you know where is it?

Nirvana is so bad on any level I honestly don't get how anyone likes them

Even Pearl Jam is better.

Ow, the bait.

It's really not.

My brother was a huge nirvana fan growing up so I've heard pretty much their entire discography. Nothing they did musically was impressive and his lyrics are shit. Everyone just bought it up because it's what the media and record companies were selling.

Depends how you quantify 'better', but in most ways yes.

yes. and better than incesticide

It's one of the discs from the super-deluxe edition. Not hard to find on Soulseek.

Yeah, Pearl Jam wasn't a media-driven commercial darling at all. lol.

No. It's Nevermind part 2

I don't think so. I was disappointed by In Utero at the time, still don't think it's as good. I appreciate that they wanted to go noisier but I just like Nevermind more.

That's a decent bait, user. 6/10

>Ripping off soundgarden
Hahahahah what

They're simplistic, but great technically and their music sounds good and catchy. Yeah, everyone who claims they were some kind of great artists is either an edgy teen or a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about, but they were great casual musicians

A lot of their '80s songs sound like Louder Than Love and Ultramega OK era Soundgarden. They were clearly fans, you can see Kurt wear a shirt.

>ripping off Melvins, Soundgarden
Is this bait?

Yes. Like, holy shit yes. Nevermind doesn't even scratch In Utero.

Bleach is directly influenced by the Melvins, kurt wanted to be their guitarist and even was their roadie

In Utero is indescribably better, but if it weren't for Nevermind we never would have got In Utero

Kurt knew King Buzzo in high school and he got Kurt into several punk bands. Kurt literally sucks Buzz's dick in Bleach and they toured together.

They were, but they actually had a little bit of talent. I'm pretty sure their first album started off as an instrumental until they found a singer so thats why the music on that one is so good. The rest maybe no, but still more interesting than nirvana.

>everyone who claims they were some kind of great artists is either an edgy teen or a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about
That's pretty much everyones opinion I've talked to it about in person though and it drives me nuts.

Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge is GOAT

I can listen to Heart-Shaped Box for hours without getting bored, that song is perfection

I can't listen to that sound knowing it was fucked around too much in production.

Not the guy you replied to but
Babes in Toyland - Fontanelle

What about these guys?

buttgrunge

But Layne Staley is better than Kurt ;_;

Dirt is a GOAT album

Great band, but since I''m generally a positive and happy person I feel like a fucking poser listening to them

Pretty good, but it's no Nevermind.

don't be silly, it's not even their best record

What is the appeal of grunge? I can't get into it for some reason. I like hc punk, I like extreme metal but grunge does nothing for me and I don't understand why

I mostly just like the sound of it I guess. But I also appreciate how raw, gritty and full of emotion it is. I mean, I'm not an edgy teen any more and I live more or less happy life so grunge is usually not something I can actually identify with, but listening to it you can really feel the musicians spitting all the shit sitting in their souls out of themselves and forming it into music and I think it's quite powerful.

Alice in Chains is a better album than Dirt, though both are amazing.
Outside of Man in the Box, Facelift is completely unmemorable.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind the next time i listen to a grunge record

yeah

I actually really like Facelift, although most songs on it are like halfway between Grunge and... Glam I guess

Same. I also enjoy Confusion and Real Thing.

Are you fucking with me? I can get not liking the songs but Love, Hate, Love was among Layne's best vocal tracks.

Yes

Agreed, this song is just pure grunge
Sea of Sorrow and Put You Down are probably my 2 favourite ones, but I honestly really like the whole album

Bleach was actually influenced by the Rollins band

Don't forget Breed, Endless Nameless, Lithium, and Come as you are desu.

the correct answer with jar of flies, badmotorfinger and dust

it's pretty on par with Nevermind, all the contrarians on this board will tell you it's better though because of how popular smells like teen spirit became

Bleach - 6/10
Nevermind - 6/10
In Utero - 7/10

Bleach - 8/10
Nevermind - 8/10
In Utero - 10/10

Since this is more or less a grunge thread at this point, what does Sup Forums think of stone temple pilots. Purple and Core are pretty great imo

t. 15 y/o

they're aweful ripoffs

Love them, even though Purple mostly isn't very grungy already, maybe in lyrics but not so much in music. I would say that Core is their only real grunge album, but it's very good. Silver Gun Superman and Big Empty are quite possibly one of my most listened tracks ever. I wouldn't even consider them my favourite ones, they just fall into memory so much and you just want to listen to them over and over again. So yeah, I really like them even though there is some merit to what says

The Crow made Big Empty a great song.

that whole soundtrack was good

Too bad the label didn't like the end result so it was remixed by another dude