Has Punk Rock Officially Died?

So has Punk Rock and American Hardstyle officially died? I mean a lot of original Punk bands still exist like Rancid and UK Subs, but they don't really get any attention anymore. Plus the ones that do,
like the Descendants and Sum 41 are Pop Punk so they don't really qualify as a part of the Punk Genere anymore. Thoughts? (pic not related)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jjm7vOgVwaA
youtube.com/watch?v=96doMstpi-0
youtube.com/watch?v=Txpu10tOPhE
youtube.com/watch?v=-UJlBwq95Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=FI6EivGjZ08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Punk still has an extremely vibrant underground scene you newfag.

In the 1970's punk musicians, like Greg Ginn and H.R. were very learned, very influenced musicians. Now punk musicians are little arrogant shitheads who don't know what's what. They mistook "can" with "should" and ruined everything. Thanks Blink-182 and Green Day fans. We fucking owe you.

Woah chill there and please quickly tell me more. I'm from NH and theres jack shit here.

No. There are just punk fags who only know music from years ago when it was cool and claim 'new music sucks' because they only listen to the radio. Just like anyone who goes to metal bars.

Explain

>genre is dead because I only follow big acclaimed bands
I still go to hardcore shows every weekend but yeah music died

youtube.com/watch?v=jjm7vOgVwaA
youtube.com/watch?v=96doMstpi-0
youtube.com/watch?v=Txpu10tOPhE
youtube.com/watch?v=-UJlBwq95Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=FI6EivGjZ08

All underground shit from the last few years.

Thank you m8.

>Hardstyle
nah I mean that's always been a relatively underground part of the EDM scene

>hardstyle
>underground
You're probably american. In europe every
normo is into hardstyle nowadays.

yeah, I don't know anything about the european scene. OP did specify American Hardstyle though

While on the topic of punk, does anyone know if Grunge is still alive in the underground, besides Seattle of course...

Grunge isn't a genre

Well, it doesn't sound similar to to typical punk, and it was a certain flow to them, so I'd say so. Also, is Grunge still alive or what...

Grunge was more like a scene than a genre. There was no punk about Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Tad, etc. Maybe with L7.

You should learn more.

Everything dies and evolves or changes but sometimes its trash and is just there for the sake of being part of the new wave or just to be punk

Since their is no definition of punk cause to be punk you dont conform it could be anything but its all a bunch of crap at times

Rancid is trash
Descendants good
Sum eh
Punk needs to die.

Yes.
In 1979.
You kids just hear, now?

punk isn't punk if it's just a musical style

No, I'll bring it back to the mainstream... if I can manage to establish a fanbase

Isn't Rancid pop punk too