Why did vaporwave fail as counter-culture?

Why did vaporwave fail as counter-culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b-RZ2Qf9Mwg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_wfEfupIXc
youtube.com/watch?v=9s2xJ1w9gfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it was appropriated by normies

What counter-culture? It had nothing genuine behind it. After all, it's a YouTube meme videos core genre. Not to mention that all possibilities of it are explored in a matter of hours:
youtube.com/watch?v=b-RZ2Qf9Mwg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_wfEfupIXc
youtube.com/watch?v=9s2xJ1w9gfU

>it was appropriated by normies

Behave yourself. Since when do "normies" listen to slowed down 80's muzak?

>vaporwave
>counter-culture

Because the best creators in the genre took the best possible desicion and became another type of ambient music rather than meme it up

It's impossible to make a counterculture out of entire one-and-a-half decade span of pop culture-aesthetic. The 80s and early 90s are recent enough where they're still modern, yet not, and where people who grew up as kids in that era are now becoming/already adults who are nostalgic for better/simpler times.

OP's example isn't vaporwave, it's just 80s

It's literally YouTube meme video core genre. It's an interesting gimmick perhaps, but who in their right mind would listen to a full album of it?

We should slow down 20's and 30's popular music recordings and see where that takes us.

the caretaker already does that

Because it's bad

Then we've got all our bases covered

this
it was basically music for old advertisement commercials

Is image supposed to be an example of this?

Thats definitely just an 80s wave shtick, which has been prevalent in popular media for like the past decade.

Learn what youre even fucking talking about, you mongoloid.

That was literally where it originated from idiot

It was never trying to be a counter culture

Alt-normie spotted

Please fuck off back to 9gag

>Thats definitely just an 80s wave shtick, which has been prevalent in popular media for like the past decade.
This. If anything vaporwave is just 80's aesthetics finally getting a proper categorization.

Watch in 10 years time 90's futurist market minimalism the likes of The Designer's Republic finally getting categorized as techwave or progpitalist or something.

I and many others have listened to countless albums.
Over and over too

are you fucking kidding me

because around 2014/2015 it became a fucking meme
>le epic drug songs!!!!
>a e s the tics amirit?????
>wow this is deep.....

As much as I love floral shoppe, it made the genre a fucking joke. It's hard for something to be counter-culture when it literally is (internet) culture. It also doesn't help that it is sample based, so even a talentless hack can slow down songs, add some hihats here and there, put random japanese words to the title and call it vaporwave.

Since the aesthetic meme is dead hopefully it will become less saturated with garbage and meme trash, but I doubt it

because its not good

Because it got recuperated.

because the only "requirement" to vaporwave (if there was ever any requirements in the first place) was just some undefined sense of "aesthetics".

>Calls everyone normie
>If they decline,he calls them alt-normies
Hello outlier,special snowflake,mama's boy..what else do people call you?I am running out of ideas..Anyone else could help me here?