The Greatest Intellectual of Our Time

The Greatest Intellectual of Our Time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZklRSn92ek4
youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Morty.

I listened to one of his podcasts one, and after a nootropics advertisement, he spent at least 30 minutes talking some meathead about farting on an airplane.

You guys are such fucking faggots. No matter how hard you try, you will never be cool. Being the edgiest hipster is like winning the special olympics. You are still retarded.

DUDE WEED

LOL XD IM SO EDGY I DONT DO DRUGS. AUTHORITARIANISM IS GOOD. KILL ALL THEW DEGENERATES. HAHAHA GO BACK TO ______DIT

rogan is not so bad he's one level above the average retard

he also introduces absolute retards to more interesting topics than they'd normally be exposed to

that's not a good thing

I had to stop reading Vonnegut, 1. because I ran out of books and 2. because I didn't deserve to read him. I struggle with him every time I try to read anything he has written. I read a couple paragraphs, or maybe a chapter or two, and then I have to put the book down for a while and think about things. There's something about the way he uses words and time that make it almost impossible for me to take it all in. It's frustrating and I don't think I would have it any other way.

Please tell me this isn't a real quote

Imagine the level of brain let that can't handle Vonnegut

yes it is faggot

what is more reddit, the website reddit, joe rogan, or /his/

nah it's not you only disagree if you're one of those retarded faggot fanboys.

actually you are the most reddit thing imaginable in this universe because youre trying to be a straight (edgy) hipster by shitting on rogan on an anime forum

In America this man, the bald ancap psycopath, and the psicology professor famous for the pronouns thing can be philosophers/writers/intellectuals.

It's the advantage of lacking a literary and philosophical tradition. Just look how popular is Ayn Rand lmao.

Probably this guy

holy shit....

>people should just live banal lives and submit to culture industry
>inb4 joe rogan is culture industry

>banal lives
>culture industry
what the fuck does that have to do with anything? it's like you just decided to throw in some irrelevant bullshit from the 2 articles you read when politics became pop culture because you want to hide your retardation.

why does the /fit/ fag keep making threads?

Only when people are spoiled by such a relatively free society can misguided babies be conditioned to resent their own freedom. The grass is always greener on the other side and if you grew up in the soviet union like myself you would never question the value of freedom. Blaming capitalism for inequality is somewhat true but that is like blaming human free will for human folly. Authoritarianism is intolerable for most people and they willingly agree to respect eachother's property rights.

>lack of tradition
>lack of freedom
Please, refrain from larpposting in the future.

>banal lives
Being a wage cuck for the public sector is not as appealing as taking the risk to become financially independent. Do you realize how many mediocre writers support themsevles? Because of the free market and internet, that could easily be you. Yet you choose to complain that you don't have the opportunity to serve the masters of your choosing. Ironic.

Also parroting the ideas of other people doesn't make you an intellectual.

Wtf does that even mean? We lack freedom but we have enough that it's become hipstery to pretend like we have too much.

We are all suffering from some sort of authoritarianism. A new authority won't solve that indefinitely. At least without authority there is an opportunity to for agency.

Have you taken your meds?

Have you come up with an original idea, ever?

You really should because it's obvious you have some sort of schizophrenia.

Nobody mentioned freedom before you did.
>people who hold certain positions are just hipsters
Take your retardation and reddit spacing to dedicated containment board.

Is this how Petersonfags make themselves feel better? Is it working?

Lmao what a rant with clichés, vague ideas plus ad vericumdiam.

I was born and RAISED in the Soviet Union too, but unlike you (an ignorant teen/20 years old who wasn't concious at that time), I know more for both living and studying. Now what? Your three years of life before the collapse are no longer useful to win internet debates, kiddo.

Now, let's take a look:

>The grass is always greener on the other side

True. Look at those Germans at the DDR who thought that at the other side there was a paradise and everything was better (even the bleach in the capitalist Berlin was better, thought some idiots). Now they can only cry and vote for Die Linke while they have minijobs, fags and muslims. So great!

>you would never question the value of freedom.

Never did. Check your idea of freedom. Probably isn't the same as mine.

>Blaming capitalism for inequality

Never did such thing.

>Authoritarianism

You are on a meme tier, kiddo. Start studying and working, maybe that could help and someday you'll be ready for a serious discussion and worths my time.

see >the bald ancap psycopath
>ancap

it's obvious that most people that shit on rogan are just butthurt commies or even though rogan has said many many times he's open to universal butthurt income

No matter what though, the state is not the most optimal instrument for welfare. Giving anyone ultimate authority over yourself is ill advised and will inevitably lead to corruption. Voluntary altruism is always better.

And besides economics, the other most common critique of rogan is that he promotes drug culture, which is another retarded point of view for many different reasons.

Anyway you cannot deny that most people hate on rogan because they resent freedom. And fuck your stupid spacing autism. If you are triggered by spacing then you are the one who should take medication. Perhaps try DMT?

>they have minijobs, fags and muslims
>it's diaspora trash on Hartz 4 telling how it is episode

Care to actually make a fucking argument instead of resorting to personal attacks about a person you know nothing about?

>Check your idea of freedom.

You can't be free if the markets aren't free. And no matter how hard you try to ban or regulate markets there will always be a thriving black market which only grows the more you try to squash it. If you really grew up in the soviet union you would know this.

You cannot liberate an individual by trying to equalize outcome and suppress their freedoms. That is opposed to liberalism by definition.

Please take your mental deficiencies to Sup Forums. Although they don't take to unironical teenage snakeposters either, so try reddit right away.

youre the one butthurt about your own freedom trying to be a hipster on an anime forum by shitposting about the greatest broadcaster of all time

>>>/leftypol/

>jung
yea you're a confirmed schizo.
>everybody who doesn't like rogan is a commie
nice brain aids.

>shitting on jung

Keep your head in that nice little prison cell you've made for it. And I said everyone who shits on rogan is an authoritarian.

if that means not being a schizo then sure.
>it's obvious that most people that shit on rogan are just butthurt commies
your brain aids is showing

>thread stays at the top of the catalog all day

>Sup Forums makes liberal scum with newagist notions of spirituality feel welcome
something went awfully, awfully wrong

>if that means not being a schizo then sure.
Your attempt at name calling just makes your argument appear weaker. Why don't address some of Jung's ideas and critique them logically instead?

In this post you completely ignored the second half of my argument.

>And besides economics, the other most common critique of rogan is that he promotes drug culture, which is another retarded point of view for many different reasons.

People hate him for two main reasons. Because they resent free markets or they resent individual agency, especially with regards to drugs and medication. Some one literally called him a "bald ancap psychopath" in this thread. And how many "dude weed lmao" posts have you seen on Sup Forums regarding rogan or Joe "I smoke weed everyday but I'm not an addict" Rogan comments on youtube.

So I am objectively correct in my assessment that most people that shit on him resent their own freedoms and/or want to be cucked by an authoritarian master.

I guess a third reason why people shit on him is for "bro science" but that's why he has smart people on his podcast to make things more clear and valid. For example I would recommend watching his podcast with Rupert Sheldrake. Sheldrake did many experiments which raise questions not answerable by modern scientific dogmas and his research relates to Jung's notion of a collective unconscious.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZklRSn92ek4

And if you hate Jung so much then tell me why you think that people often report seeing similar symbols while under the influence of psychedelics? Even when they had no prior interest in things like hindu mythology or hieroglyphs there are thousands and thousands of reports of seeing such things? "They're just frying their brains" or some other imbecilic response is not a suitable answer.

Try fucking googling "ancient symbols psychedelics" for example. You really think that is entirely a coincidence that there are so many hits? Just schizo druggies? Why does your ego cling so desperately to such dogmas?

>Hurr durr someone is saying things i haven't experienced or understand. They must be jews or satan. Freedom is evil.

Youre the reason why neo4chan sucks. The original posters with your sentiment were just being ironic but newfag retards like you took it unironically.

That's not Eddje Bra

>the greatest intellectual of our time
>not peterson
Dream on, OP

Also the reason why germany sucks today is because of authoritarian business regulations and because they won't let people associate freely. The west's problems are not specifically because of too much freedom but almost universally the opposite.

The thing I think people get annoyed by is not so much some of the interesting ideas and traditions you speak about, but rather that Joe Rogan (and, incidentally, Jordan Peterson) are a bit superficial and pseud-y in how they view it all. Jordan Peterson, in my opinion, pretty much treads over the same ground that Jung did, and also that Joseph Campbell did (Joseph Campbell who himself, hilariously, is very derivative of Jung). Joe Rogan is himself just like a watered down version of Terence McKenna and Timothy Leary, if you want to get into this realm of philosophical/psychological exploration of the psychedelic experience and psychedelics. It isn't so much "I don't like their views" but "Their views are not necessarily disagreeable, but also are not completely original and nuanced, and yet people view them as geniuses for rehashing the views of smarter and more original people before them."

molyneux not rogan u fuktard

Jung was a person who believed in a literal god and who believed in materialization (things appearing out of thin air), he was a crazy fuck and it's no wonder his dogs are also similarly crazed.

I ignored it because where did I mention anything where that would be a response?
It's as if you went on a joe rogan thread, found someone who said "I don't like joe rogan" and started explaining in detail why he's a commie, an authoritarian, anti-drugs and hating freedom. You said I was name-calling, I'm not, you're obviously a schizophrenic of some kind.

If anyone is the eternal newfaggot, it is a subhuman vermin like you. What degenerate junkies experience has nothing to do with God, no matter what you degenerates tell yourselves.

Unironically.

woah wait joe calm down

is it just me or has the podcast become total shit? It's even become formulaic.

>Opening 20 minutes of joe talking about nutrition and fitness with the guest, saying the exact same shit he's said in the last 50 podcasts.

>Then they get into current events, and it the conversation constantly digresses into dumb bullshit Joe has talked about 50 times before in other podcasts, and seems like he actively steers the conversation away from anything new and interesting, just to repeat himself.

I used to love the podcast....but seriously Joe, take a fucking break or something.

Am I not right? What other kind of rogan haters are there besides, commies, conservative authoritarian anti druggers, and those who think he's full of bro science? More than one poster in this thread has expressed authoritarian or commie views. And anyone else is just a hipster.

Rogan is the best broadcaster in all of history and if you cant admit that then you are one of the 3 things I said and a wannabe hipster. I'm objectively right.

And I am not the biggest expert on Jung but "Man and his symbols" was one of the best explanations of why people have shared hallicuniory experiences involving ancient symbols. His hypothesis, although incomplete, about collective unconscious provides some insight on how consciousness works and you simply have not had the kind of experiences required to understand that or otherwise you wouldn't be trying to CALL ME NAMES like schizo. Having a hallucination is not the same thing as schizophrenia. Are you projecting?

So if a person ingests a drug then has an experience where they felt like they met aliens or god or some other kind of extra dimensional entity then why is it discredited? Just because of your antiquated dogmatic egotistical notions on the morality of drug use? Can you not see why that is immature?

nah youre just becoming a hipster man

did you not see the podcast with Paul Stamets?

And his last podcast with redban was pretty good.

My only complaint is that he bargains with SJWs sometimes and lets himself get cucked.

>So if a person ingests a drug then has an experience where they felt like they met aliens or god or some other kind of extra dimensional entity then why is it discredited? Just because of your antiquated dogmatic egotistical notions on the morality of drug use? Can you not see why that is immature?

My problem with this idea is that it implies that if you just takes drugs then you'll magically become a hyper aware, actualized human being and experience amazing insights into the universe through drug use.

The problem with this is the kind of people who actually do experience these things are people who are already hyper actualized, insightful, deep thinkers, so it's kind of natural for them to have these kinds of thoughts and experiences with our without drug use.

It's just annoying that people look at this very rare examples of human beings and think, Oh well if i just do shrooms then i'll totally be like them! No dumbfuck, you'll be the same boring faggot you've always been, but you'll see a tree tip it's hat to or some dumb shit. For every one amazing person who has these amazing, insightful experiences on drugs, there's hundreds of thousands of idiots who just did acid and then stared at a wall for 8 hours then barfed into a flower pot and fell asleep.

nothing is more rebbit than /his/

>Paul Stamets

that one was alright. Like anything on the show it raises some interesting topics, but I'm sure it's mostly bullshit if you actually investigate it. It was entertaining, i just thought it smelled a lot like total bullshit. Sure dude, just eat more mushrooms and everything on earth will be cured.

>And his last podcast with redban was pretty good

I never listen to stuff with redban. He's the most boring and unlikable out of all the guests joe has on frequently. I can't stand his huge ego, when he's this little chubby, uninteresting toad.

Plus, even if i went along with you, that's two podcasts in recent memory that were good. Not a great record here....

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS
youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

Joe Rogan, 2015
>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©
cue the hempforce mustard

This pasta should have been one of the first posts, kind of disappointed honestly

every fucking time

high energy braaaaaaahhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand anime.

I don't understand /his/. Do some boards just get abandoned?

Rogan can go on and on. It can be annoying. He can miss the point someone more intelligent is making and he can hyperfocus on his own mistake without realizing it's a mistake. He is vulgar, doesn't read any lit, and is kind of a meathead.

He's humble, though. He knows his limitations and as annoying and dull as I have seen him be a few times, for the most part he's eloquent, curious, and open -minded. Even if he isn't super intelligent, Rogan is still wise, too.

The podcast is just a reflection of Rogan chasing his interests and teaching himself. He's primarily a divergent thinker, like most comics, and not necessarily someone who distills ideas down to the absolute basic form. It's a great source for new information.

It really chaps my ass that people post about this. He doesn't even identify as an intellectual. He's just somebody who is trying to learn. The arrogance in this place can be so aggravating.

>He replied as he posted on a Chinese cartoon forum

I've never seen anyone get mad at the dude we'd meme lmao

Well said.

Good post

> No dumbfuck, you'll be the same boring faggot you've always been, but you'll see a tree tip it's hat to or some dumb shit. For every one amazing person who has these amazing, insightful experiences on drugs, there's hundreds of thousands of idiots who just did acid and then stared at a wall for 8 hours then barfed into a flower pot and fell asleep.
Wonderful post, i laughed and agreed. Also see Timothy Leary and Terence McKenna are the much more original pioneers of philosophical/psychological analyses of psychedelics, Rogan isn't treading super new ground.

this

That post is basic, and you're all faggots
I watch JRE btw
Which is how I know he's a moron and isn't "eloquent for the most part". Outside of hunting, mma and nutrition his personality does more harm than good to the information some of his guests bring.

don't know who that is

More please, user. What are your experiences with this?

Leary took a lot of his ideas from Huxley. I like to think Gysin and Burroughs are precursors to the whole drugs/mysticism/conspiracy movement also.

>Oh great, it's another "Joe talks about drugs" episode.

What I learned ITT
>if you don't listen to some MMA dude's podcast you are a commie
>there is no freedom in the world at all except Muriga
>East Germany had it better under the Russian boot than with a bunch of T*rks selling shawarma on street corners

Fascinating

2/10 for making me respond

YOU BITCH YOU SHAT IN MY ISOLATION TANK

sounds like a Really Good Time desu

Joe Rogan agrees with this post, /lit/ is terrible.

What happened to the "ignore all pseudo-intellectual rhetoricians" poster? His simple influence is vital.

and I've never seen anyone laugh at it
tooshe`

>The arrogance in this place can be so aggravating.

A ruling portion of the poster demographic here is comprised of teenagers. Why would you bother to get annoyed over this?

This guy is 50 years old

what I don't get is why people keep shitting on joe rogan.

What did he do? He never has made any claims to being intelligent. He calls himself dumb many times throughout the podcast history.

Woah you're so cool bc you said that hes actually the thing he called the other guy. Powerful...

>Greatest Intellectual of Our Time

Joe Rogan is honest. If more people were honest, they would be happy. If more people were happy, they would be able to do better things in life.
That is why he is a good person, it doesn't even matter if he's smart or not, because the only reason you care about that is because you're in emotional pain. You can get out of that emotional pain. It's possible because I have done it.

Intellectual and intelligent is not the same thing.

God forbid someone with intelligence have bathroom humor.

Very simple its Because he's wildly successful and they're living lesser, shittier, life they struggle to be content with.

Now I'm gonna close this tab on my browser, and I'm gonna go fuck your mother right in her mouth.

Thomas Friedman

Christoper Hitchens... Jordan Peterson... and many others...