Industry Confessions

Industry Confessions

Post unsavory stuff about your current/previous jobs that other anons should probably know

>pic related

>worked at Popeyes for two years
>manager for one year
>one of my jobs is to make sure the drink station nozzles stay clean
>have people do this job dutifully because we all drink from there and no one wants to drink mold
>One day do the job myself
>decide to try something different
>take a tiny cleaning brush and stick it up the nozzle instead of wiping it by hand
>comes back black as night
>there had been mold deep in the dispenser tube where the drinks come from the whole time
>nobody thought to check
>probably the same at other restaurant

Moral of the story don’t buy fountain drinks

Not employed but I help my friends out with computers.
Something I'll never tell them is that if they have bedbugs or any insect pests I have to put their laptop in a plastic bag and freeze it for two weeks because those motherfuckers love the heat generated by the CPU.
Also, if I check out a full desktop, first thing I do if I can afford it is cover a tub with a plastic bag and open it with gloves. I've seen the pictures of full-blown nests in these machines. I don't live in a good part of the state anyway and the little fuckers can infest themselves in every corner of a house.

Moral of the story: if you have bedbugs put your laptop in a freezer when you deal with them.

I work in a gameroom
And when someone loses a lot of money on a single machine
I will tell a tipper to sit on it Hahahah

Work at cvs. No security ever. Like fucking never. No one on the clock. No one watching cameras. Feel like a sitting duck for thievers.

Everyone in the HVAC-R job field is a lying, cheating, third thief.
We didn't all start that way but it is the only way to survive.

Bump

This isn't about where I worked, per se, but here goes. I worked at an oil change place for about a year and a half. A considerable amount of time I spent down in the pit changing the oil filter and draining the oil. I could always tell when a car that had it's oil changed last at wall Mart came in because 9 out of ten times there was something wrong with it. Also, they use fram oil filters so and paint markers so it was easy to spot. Usually, the filter was on WAY to tight. Like, tight to the point to where It could crack the filter housing. Also, they always always always fuck up the drain plug. Sometimes they wouldn't tighten things enough, so people would bring their cars to us, and we would tell them the Wal-Mart dumbasses didn't tighten your drain plug all the way, ECT. Granted, everybody makes mistakes, but the amount that I saw come in from Wal-Mart was considerable. Also, Firestone always over tightened all of their shit too.

I've had to stand by and watch boys be made to strip naked and expose various body parts to be searched. Sometimes it was done in groups.

My friend is an outside hire at a cvs in philly so that's not entirely true. I hear about his crazy stories all the time.

maybe for suburbs one

Sounds hot

Can confirm. Our a/c unit was acting up so the guy told my dad to just hang something over it to help it stay cool (it was exposed to blistering heat from the sun.) My dad did this for months. The next guy told us that blocking off airflow to the unit, would just just damage it and the guy wanted us to break it so he could replace it.

We know about this shit in germany and you are obliged to clean the drink dispenser regularly with specialized equipment.

Pic related.

Bump

Some of the guys are, but I've seen the process be used just to humiliate or embarrass them. I got involuntarily hard once when a boy showed his asshole but felt I bad.

Currently at a walmart tire and oil. Can confirm that a vast majority of the idiots working at these places dont have half a fucking clue. We have different guides for torque, depending on year make model etc. Not hard to follow. One of the neighboring wallyshops would always have things way too tight. Not only the drain plug, but the filter tightened to the point of a filter wrench crushing the thing in half. Another shop would tighten the tires to 100ft lbs for every single vehicle. Im amazed they disnt have a tire off.

However, no shop is safe from dumb fucks. A dealer by the name of Marquerts used an impact wrench on my grandpa's drainplug.
The ranting I could do.

If you ship anything with the post office, beware that your package might get to your destination damaged since the employees toss packages all over the place. Not only that but they constantly put really heavy shit on top of fragile or not so heavy packages. I've seen plenty of broken televisions, glass jars, mirrors, etc.

And if you do send with USPS, make sure to write the correct zipcode, that's what we base our shit with. If your zip code is 43456 and you out 34456 or some shit similar, your packages will take an eternity as it will most likely go to a completely different state.

I'm an overnight manager at a walgreens. If we see someone stealing, all we can is bring em a basket and hope they change their mind. This company is full of pussies.

>the filter tightened to the point of a filter wrench crushing the thing in half
do my own oil changes, never overtighten. can confirm that sometimes they get stuck so bad, oil filter wrench will crush the filter. It happens. But yeah, oil change places suck dick.

>If you ship anything with the post office
ship stuff for business. UPS and Fedex are about 3-5 times more likely to damage shit than USPS. I pack my stuff right, none of my stuff ever gets damaged. People ship me stuff by USPS and don't pack well, it's hanging of the box by the time I get it. Moral of this story: PACK YOUR SHIT RIGHT, and even if you do, UPS and Fedex will fuck your shit up no matter what.

work at a food distribution warehouse for mostly indian and asian foods

we get rid of the expiration dates on close to expired foods and put new ones on them.

I dont know what this means.

to add to this- the newer your expiration date stamp or sticker on your imported ethnic food is- the older and more expired it is lel

Statistically if a game has been consistently providing losses to it’s users it is overdue for a win. user favors the customers who tip him so he helps them out by telling him which games are overdue for a win.

It really is all about the packing. I ordered some liquids through Amazon, and Donnie Dipfuck layed the bottles sideways in a flat box thinking that the small amount of shrink wrap around the caps would seal the liquid inside. I’m also a Davey Dipshit for ordering liquids and having them shipped in the first place. Don’t be a Douggy Dumbdick!

Been working with IT for 10 years now.

Every time a laptop breaks, a key is missing, something that is broken etc and if there is no guarantee left on the computer i order a new laptop to replace it, saves the laptop to bring it after a month or two in what i call "the quarantine" (if now someone would for some reason want to know where the broken laptop went, rarely happens and if someone asks for it it's usually for files that the user put on places which didn't get recovered from the broken laptop to the new one - easy fix for that is to pick out the harddrive and put that one in the "quarantine" instead).

So i bring the broken laptop home and i fix it, spareparts from ebay whatever.

Then i sell it. I get 220$ - 900$ depending on what kind of computer it is. A normal HP/Lenovo or if it's a HP z-book/Lenovo W541.

Also sometimes get my hands on old servers and switches.

Switches i can easily sell for 110$ - 300$ depending on model. Same with servers.

Also take a note, i been working on medium/large-sized companies where i am stationed as the only IT-guy on a office where i am office IT-manager/"All in one"-IT (support, network, servers, etc) so i am pretty much my own boss and nobody knows what i am up to.

I am in charge of ordering new laptops and also recycling of old once.

But i am not dumb, i don't take every single computer i can get my hands on.

Mobile phones like iPhones are also great. Broken displays - easy fix. Broken OSes and the user got a new phone cause his boss got no technical skills to know when the phone really is broken.

Easy money for me.

It's safe, it's easy and best of all, it's good side money.

Clealry he's The Fonz. AYYYY sit on it!

I’m done with soda fountains! The meth-addicted night crews also use dirty rags to wipe the fountain nozzles and mop the floors with muddy, cold mildew water in the mop bucket. You can always tell when one of those dumb fucks mops with dirty water because the whole place smells like mildew-shit-vomit

You’re supposed to take that shit apart to clean.

Not for $6/hour

Nice to see another thieving Trump supporter on Sup Forums

I masturbate almost every day in customers bathrooms.

oilfield worker, people die for stupid reasons here. lot of them trying to sue the company and have a free ticket to lazyness, they got a forever ticket to rest in peace. but yeah sometimes they are at the wrong place at the wrong time. Out of it is very nice.

I piss in the mop buckets at my side job because I fucking hate it. I put the mint scent but not the cleanser and just piss in it. I'm the reason Wal-Mart bathrooms smell. I also purposely break the family bathroom by jamming papertowls down it.

Not me but my wife used to work on a medical device supplier (portable nebulizer machine, pregnancy test kit etc) and they supply cheap, mid and expensive brands. Most of the time the products stocks are brand less and when a customer ask for a certain brand, the company will just repackage it, put the brand name sticker and sell it as the requested brand. They can sell the same product for higher price they just change the brand name.

Worked AP/LP for many years. Low end retainer, if you wear something revealing, or take your clothes off for any reason, know that someone has pictures. Could put covert cameras wherever because next agent was two area codes away.

High end retailer. They know everything about you when you walk in. I'm talking facial recognition mannequins. Again, cameras everywhere, just much harder to find. The tail you pull while there is ridiculous.

>Statistically, I know nothing about statistics

Hey user, I just flipped a coin and got heads. That means tails is next, right?

that's a special kind of autism, but i'm not entirely surprised. this fear is why i prefer to do any small tier maintenance at home. thanks for the confirm user

I don't support any politician.

If you want to call earning money by "picking up" broken laptops out of the "recycle-bin" for theft?

Do it.
But big companies throw away perfectly usable stuff all the time and they don't even think twice about it. I profit by them wasting resources and also not letting good stuff go into a oven to get burned "cause it's trash".

I have a friend that put a fucking business out of the "bad/defective" computers in his job.

I was an EMT for a private ambulance company. We had 911 contracts and we did transfers. An EMT will save your life. ER staff are making due with not enough time and equipment. Its the rest of allied health you have to watch out for.

Nursing homes, assisted living, facilities, dialysis centers, and vent farms are basically the epicenter of human misery. They didn't get paid enough. I've seen them ignore patients. I've fucking seen a dialysis nurse not recognize an actively stroking patient right in front of her... and she had vital signs. If a place smells like a UTI, honestly, a bullet for your loved one would be kinder.

The admins are not your friend. My first night, my partner told me, "Avoid the suits." I wish I had listened. They want you to pick up and drop off with minimal fuss, so you can take another patient, so you can make them more money.

One step beyond what you have to do and you will hear about it.

>implying slot machines are truly random
every single one of them in the world is rigged to draw your money.

It's a wasteful world we live in and people at larger companies don't care for shit.

Normal people over all don't care for shit! If you dumpster dive electrical recycle-bin you can find perfectly working mobile phones, computers, TVs etc. Sometimes even newer models of iphones and laptops.

People are fucking stupid.

AP/LP? Explain. Like a Target?

Found a bunch of unprocessed valves looking like they belonged to hearts in a bag of taco bell meat. Other parts, as well. Never ate taco bell again.

>Gets paid by the hour
>Thinks some simple task is worth more money than some other simple task
>Is too stupid to realize that it doesn't make any fucking difference what you're doing there.
>Demands $15/hr
>Gets replaced by a machine

You people are so pathetic

I work at a large high end RV dealership. Brand new RVs no matter what brand or how expensive, are built like complete shit. Strips of plywood and tin siding bolted to a steel frame. After a few years they get so dried out they’re fire hazards waiting to happen.

Nice try.
Kohls-like, and top-tier.

i know i need to empty those electrical recycle-bins.... lol

This. House edge is about 20% statistically. Fuck that when it can be 50% or more. You can't claim a machine is rigged even if it is, it's all about odds and percentages.
If a coin has a 1 in 6000 chance to land on it's edge if it were to be flipped by hand, and you have a guy that flips it by hand 3 times in a row, all landing on it's edge, you can't say the toss was rigged

Well, i've been working at KFC as a cook for about two months now. And jesus christ. The only things I would eat from there at this point is the popcorn chicken, because at least we dont clean it in the most disgusting way possible.

So, to make the chicken, there are two tables with the same format, a plastic bucket full of flower and all of your savory "11 herbs and spices", a bowl that you put in one of those industrial mixers filled with water, and a few trays to put the chicken on. About that water though, thats what we use to wash off the chicken before breading it, and it usually stays unchanged throughout the entire day. Disgusting chicken water that you cant even see through and has an unmistakable pink color, and a certain "thickness" too it.

With the extra crispy, you have to dunk it in that horrid water again after you bread it, so you can get a second layer of the breading. Yummy, right?

Not to mention that I havent seen them actually change the oil in the friers once since ive been there. It's usually black and reeks of calories, but sometimes we can get it to look amber with this bag of white shit that we pour into the oil, which makes it bubble over.. I think its magnesium something or bullshit like that.

>tl;dr dont eat at kfc because safety regulations are fucking garbage

I work at McDonald's. I cum in your burgers. I don't give a fuck

Our company recently fired senior IT employee for this very save reason. Either your company has shitty inventory tracking or you will be caught. It's only a matter of time.

OP here
We were never taught that. Even the store manger had no idea they were supposed to clean that part

>everyone who's smarter than me is a trump supporter
really made me think.

We do stuff for a service company that fixes this kind of stuff.

Several of the dudes there will not eat ice from fast food places because you fucker literally NEVER clean the ice machines.

A couple of the dudes have said that they get calls for them broken and they clean them to fix them and it was clear that the last time it was taken apart was when they fixed it the last time it broke.

Moral: Don't eat ice at fast food places.

Dude. The chances of a 1/10 happening twice in a row is 1/100. So the longer the machine goes without winning, the higher the likelihood of winning becomes.

Where can I pick up some of these laptops? Are they in a secure location or is it just dumpster diving?

>every single one of them in the world is rigged to draw your money
While this is true, you can also read the a room. Some machines have better pay and are put in locations to light up like a Christmas tree and be heard the next town over, new machines might have a worse payout rate to cover the initial cost of the machine, if a machine is paying out big in a small room, it's unlikely another machine is going to start going off at the same time, if there hasn't been a win in a while, and people are just pumping the machines, you can take a reading as to which might start spitting.
It's why reserving a machine is such a big deal, if you've loaded a machine with say $500, and get up for a piss while reserving the machine, you'd be justified to shoot a fucker dead if he stole it and hit a jackpot in the next $20

This guy is going places

You're supposed to soak the nozzles over night with proper cleaner and flush the lines on occasion. You were a shit manager.

I work in NDT. We actually do our jobs and check the integrity of the metal we are tasked to check. Because we make decent money and care about our work.

Is this the same for every trailer? My mom just bought a $60 thousand dollar park model trailer. Don't get me wrong, the thing is dope as fuck, it has a loft and everything. It's nicer and has more square feet than most peoples apartments, however I get the feeling it's the same thing and she just blew $60grand of my inheritance.

Shop manager for a high end RV rental company here. We get a new fleet of vehicles every year and spend about 40-50 hours on each vehicle making it safe and rental ready, and in general fixing all the fuck ups the factory made. We have a running joke in the shop whenever something goes terribly wrong with a unit that we chalk it up to another win for Thor

Was taught to soak the nozzles overnight but was never taught to flush the lines

Firefighter/Paramedic here. We are some of the most sick minded, warped humored, perverted individuals that exist. And chances are when we get a 911 call we will take our time getting ready and getting assuming it is bullshit like the other 99% of 911 calls we are dispatched to. At the end of the day, we'd all do anything for anyone and risk our life to save a stranger I'm true danger, but the majority of our job is putting on fake caring attitudes about the majority of idiots we serve because our job is pretty awesome working 10 days a month and having decent pay and benefits. We don't train as much as we should, and majority of the time we are working on personal business while we are not running calls, not taking top care of the shit you pay for and "preparing for readiness hurdurrrr". It's the best job in the world because I make more or as much as most people with twice to three times the schooling, and other than the morning equipment check and cleaning the station half assed to keep the bosses happy, I literally eat, sleep, play on my phone, and watch TV 75% of my shift. It does suck working weekends and holidays and having some sleepless nights, but overall the job is the best kept secret in the world if you can deal with the strain on relationships and traumatic shit you see without falling off the sanity wagon. I could elaborate more on anything you'd like.

>Don't eat ice at fast food places
I'd say, don't buy soft serve from a Gas Station. Fast food machines should be cleaned every day, and taken out of service once a week for disassembly Ice cream shops dissemble the machine every day.

let an expert take a look at it.

Shop manager for the other place here. I promise you she blew 60k. Some of our motorhomes are well over 100k a piece and they're still absolute garbage

>i used to work at geek squad
>we look through all your stuff
>if we like it we save it
>i have so many pictures of peoples wives and stuff
>if i find weird fetish stuff id hint at it when people picked up their computer
>there are a lot of people who like CP out there

I'm a cuck virgin slave, too. You can get robbed at gunpoint and get shit from corporate for closing the store while waiting for police.

>works at NDT
>checks the integrity of the metal

what the fuck does that even mean?

I work at the job centre, as you all have figured out by now, we dont have any jobs for you, we just controll your social benefits

This is incorrect. The odds are the same with every occurrence.

Consider this: if a slot machine went 99 pulls without a win, the 100th pull would not guarantee one. Since a randomizer does not "keep track" of when it wins/loses, the odds do not change. This also debunks the "machine is hot" myth.

>has to be explicitly told that liquid left sitting can cause mold
>never once thought to ASK about it
Yeah, top tier manager there.

You think I'm going places now ask me how I got fired from food lion

Work at kmart
People ask me all the time to check in the back room for stuff
Usually just go back there and check my phone for a couple minutes then tell them we dont have it

Why don't you just dump the water and refill it? That is seriously not that hard.

In, not at. NDT, non destructive testing. We test metal for cracks, issues etc.

How did you get fired from food lion?

This is the least supprising answer in the thread.

Pathetic.

Work in a supermarket as night fill

Don't see a lot of dodgy shit but every time an item gets damaged while packing it goes straight in the bin. A lot of shit goes to waste

A lot of night fillers don't rotate stock so always check the usr by date evn if u grab items from the back

I always thought I'd love NDT because I am the kind of person who doesn't get bored with stuff like that. It's also damn cool using science to predict stresses at which something might fail without having to actually make it fail. Y'all do gods work in when it comes to testing things we use every day to make sure it isn't going to blow apart and kill us

People have no fucking idea. Merchandise in the back isn't for sale. It's unsorted and hasn't been processed for sale.ign

>Used to work as system builder / repair
>Got flooded with private side jobs due to my legionary discretion
>Pc broke with a browser full of horse porn? Called me
>I would never ever lurk their data, would back it up, restore it and secure delete it

Did more work on the side than at the store

>cleaned daily
>serviced once a week
Lolololololol people just soak the nozzles and scrub once a day, nothing more

watching peoples faces when you hint at their CP or tranny porn is way more fun than being discrete

Oh yeah, but if i get a nice customer ill look and get for them without processing it because if you cant tell i dont really care

These are the types I pay very, very well. Discretion is worth quite a lot, and finding a reliably discreet person will trump almost any other service for me. I'd rather wait longer and pay more for someone I trust to handle business the 'wink' way.

YOU MUTHAFUCKING IDIOT MUH TIPS YOU PIECE OF SHIT FUVK YOOOOUUUUU

That's nice to hear. NDT is fun man, I still love it. We honestly have conversations about you guys in the field, and no one wants to be the guy that causes someone to die. And if that person is in the industry, they are quickly run off. I like the sheer amount of fields NDT can lead you to. Right not I'm in oilfield and shipping mostly, but I want to get into aerospace. You really need to be level 2 to make any money, but once you get in, you're in.

I also do "destructive" load testing which is super cool. It gets pretty repetitive, but when something does break, it's fun. I got to do a "drop test" a few month ago. That was awesome. Take a giant crane. Lift a 50k lb skid with it. Drop that fucker 10 feet then inspect it lol.

I'd like to hear more man. I'm about to finish college and am interested in this. From Europe as well, so it might be different

I work at Wendy's and we keep our meat in the freezer

>Work a Subway for a year
>last few days before quitting
>been shitting water all day
>thinking of going to bathroom
>explosion imminent
>customer walks in
>'eh, I can hold it'
>let out a little fart while greeting customer
>not a fart
>feel it running down my leg
>it's a lot
>fuck it, make sandwich
>finish, ring him up
>strip naked in the bathroom
>walk out the back door

Thats a fucking lie

If you're going to ship anything fragile or liquid; don't use the US post office. We throw every package overhand unless it's too large, fragile meant jack shit.

All in all though, I miss working at the post office.

I'm a teacher. we all wish we could hit so many kids... a nice slap across the face. it'd be so satisfying. they're leaps and bounds more disrespectful than anyone I ever encountered as a kid, especially the niggers and the white trash that worship them

>webdev
>managers are mostly nontech middle aged normalfags
>their idea of a repo was ZIPs on a Google drive
>could write a book on all wrong with the place but meh
Smh
Thanks God I left that shithole

>work at a bar
>the taps have never been cleaned in the 3 years ive worked there