So how come Soulseek is still alive and kicking?

I've been using it since 2002-2003. All those other P2P programs like Limewire, Kazaa, Donkey, etc... Were all good until they got picked up and got infected with corrupt files, viruses, fake files,... . So why is soulseek still as useful as ever? None of my friends picked up on it, in spite of my repeating recommendations. The interface isn't too hard. It's leagues above anything for music, as far as I know.

A few seconds to learn, a lifetime to master.

I hate the way their ban system works, some users are just straight up cunts.

Otherwise it's all pretty good, wih it worked a bit more like what.cd.

I remember not having a shared folder on Kazaa, because at the time, there was a 10gig a month traffic limit. My dad gave me stern talking to, he told me : " Son, that's like going to a bar and have everyone buy you a drink and then leave when it's your turn. " The fact that we were consentlessly downloading other people's labour for free seemed to convenientely elude him.

It's probably only still up so the FBI can catch all the morons who have pic related shared because they just share their whole libraries and forgot it was there.

I share most of my library too, but like I said, most users who have something "rare" just act like entitled cunts, like they're the ones who produced the fucking music, probably should have worded it better.

Back when I was active in soulseek, I would leech the most rare and trade only shit I could find then upload it to any person who had uploads enabled.

Soulseek is a charm, so glad it's still up. I've also been recommending it to people for years but they're not interested

Never made the leap to flac. I'm quite happy with 256 kbps. Allthough I will say CD's from the nineties just have a kind of livelyliness to them that comes into your living room that you can't find anywhere else. I've been trying not to get into it too much of that because it just becomes very anal at one point. I've yet too meet a friend with a decent soundsystem to demonstrate to me the difference between an mp3 and vinyl on a discernable level. To me at least.

explain

is that the actual artwork or nah

2spoops pour moi

no it's just one of the first google image results for that word

How do their bans work?

i think he's referring to the scorpions who have an album with a pic of a naked underage girl on one of their covers

it's not that, it's a sound collage album made of CP recordings. mods ban direct discussion of it but if you reverse image search you'll get the name of the album

Yeah, this Don't post it in the thread though, that's a 404

It's not worth it honestly . I memed it too hard and now I can't use my laptop to browse Sup Forums.

What do you mean?
I avoid it at all costs anyway, but what's this about your laptop?

IP ban I'm guessing?

Soulseek is amazing. I've never had such an easy time finding obscure shit

This pretty much. I spammed this too much and now have an ip ban.

One would think the FBI would be more concerned about the actual pizza you can easily find there

Oh, that's too bad