Should pot be legalized and taxed?

Should pot be legalized and taxed?

no

Why not? Alcohol is more dangerous than pot and its taxed

cant take what i dont declare BIAATCH

Sure. It's working well as far as I know in the states where It's legalized.

I'd enjoy if it were legal. I actually think I'd smoke less if it was readily available

It already is. I actually just got back from the store. Even with the tax it's still about half price compared to buying from a dealer

nope

Yes please

Britbong here.

Absolutely. More money for the government (particularly the NHS) less money in the hands of criminals - though I get that most dealers are just trying to make extra money - and of course all the benefits of medical research.

Sure, you can do medical research without legalisation for recreational use, but I bet we wouldn't know a tenth of the effects of tobacco if it wasn't readily available to the regular population.

Is pot illegal over there?

legalized but not taxed

I believe you can technically own 2 plants, and it's the *cultivation* that is illegal, but I sincerely doubt anyone's buying highly expensive marijuana plants for the aesthetics.

Police are giving less and less of a shit about it as time passes, but I would be shocked if we legalise it even within 10-15 years, politicians just haven't caught up on this, and shows like Jeremy Kyle (think Maury or Dr Phil) still propagate the "You can't look after children if you smoke cannabis" line of reasoning.

No, Uncle Sam wants his bit. Tax it the same as alcohol, guns, ammo, tobacco and other “sin tax” items

I forgot to mention, it's mainly single mothers - women generally - who watch Jeremy Kyle and they're of course the majority vote.

To be fair, I don't think anyone should be on recreational substances around their kids. I understand that pot isn't going to make you negligent, but it's still a little fucked up to be getting high around them to say the least. It's just as bad as drinking or smoking around them.

Get a babysitter and do that shit in private, or don't do it at all honestly.

>taxation is theft :^)
gtfo

>Should a plant that would replace most pain medication, paper products, wood products, clothing, fertilizers, fuel, and help treat/cure cancer be legalized?

Heh, no.

alcohol shouldn't be either

>Get a babysitter and do that shit in private, or don't do it at all honestly.

Yeah, sorry, I should've made clear, the attitude on those programmes is that if you have children, you can't blaze full stop. They don't make a distinction between £40 a day habit and the occasional smoke here and there.

There's a very clear difference between the two, but most folk don't see that or appreciate that as they might with alcohol.

No worries my man, I was jumping the gun a little bit there. Ultimately I agree that it should be legal, and those kinds of people (pushing this anti-recreational drug agenda) are a problem. They're why we still have these laws in the first place. :/

Nah, I wasn't clear, don't be daft.

II just think they're innocently ignorant. They see people getting wasted on spice and think "Oh God, think of the children" but don't realise there's a shit tonne of more responsible drug users who aren't a problem because they never see these people acting safely and responsibly.

I don't like weed, just isn't my bag, but if it puts more money in the hands of the NHS, I struggle to see the downside.

Ok

Yes.

>if a law isn't about how dangerous something is, it's a conspiracy

I think that while people are getting sick more often and we need support and treatment - the number of people unfit to raise children but having them anyway is skyrocketing.

These people are a terrible influence and use children as a welfare pawn to get party houses where the advent of legal pot would cause things to degrade soooo much faster than they already do.

This is only one of 20 more complex variables and situations that you short minded fucksticks don't care about when you complain that things aren't more convenient than covertly growing a plant for a bit of adult entertainment.

You are all spoiled fucking brats that need to get off your narcissistic asses.

>I'm sure everyone who disagrees with me is retarded

I said innocently ignorant, not retarded. I literally explained that these people are against drugs mainly or exclusively because they only see its absolute worst.

If the only time you heard about aeroplanes was when one crashes, you'd think they're dangerous and not one of the safest avenues of travel.

Besides, the amount of government programmes that basically say all drugs are evil and dangerous just generates a false panic. I can walk into my local jobcentre and see 100 different flyers about how drugs are dangerous and tear families apart.

That's gonna scare some folk.

You said people think how you say they do, and then you said it again.

It goes nowhere

How is that even possible weed is the cheapest drug on the planet

Yeah, no.
Pot's been legal in Nevada for the past five months or so, and it's already generated several tens of millions of tax dollars. Our most imposing limit to getting more is supply.

No it's not top kek

And before I encountered weed close up I thought the same way as a lot of people do.

If you're going to argue that people don't get hysterical about something they don't understand, I'm going to assume you're a moron.

Because attracting everyone to a legal system is the key to making private growers obsolete. After they're gone you can raise the price with a fair bit of impunity

You should just talk with yourself. You're practically doing it already

Yes. What the fuck are we waiting for?

Yes, but luckily when it is after new years my medical card gives me access to cheaper and more potent bud. Heard for recreational edibles and shit can only have max 100mg of THC from a budtender.

no, governments should be shut down

Enough braindead junkies as it is, retards only smoke this cack because they think its super cool to be a weed guy or its people running from reality. Either way both junkie drug addicts so no.

Why would i want the government to have even more money? Do each ones need a private jet?
Fuck that

But booze does the same thing, it escapes you from reality and can be just as addictive as some harder drugs. Does that mean you are against consuming alcohol?

I think he is against braindead junkies

Legalized yes, taxed no