Alcohols:

Alcohols:

How do you know when to stop?

when you feel the need to come onto Sup Forums and ask questions

When I pass out

You don't stop.

When the bottle is empty

a good drunk can feel when it's time to stop for the day to avoid being unable to walk the next day if that's what you're asking. if you mean quitting well...that's hours of endless debate, do you believe in living a good life and alcohol ruining it for you being a reason to stop, or do you believe that life is just bags of meat walking around on a rock and fuck it lets get wasted. really tho at the end of the day the real question you should be asking is why does any of it matter? because it doesn't.

when you start drinking Canadian blended whisky

When you start drinking exclusively garbage, cheap alcohol to maximize how drunk you can get for your dollar.

OR when it starts to regularly interfere with your outside life.

When its too late

this, regular alkie here

Checked. This is the only answer

42yo user checking in
Got 2 kids
€60kpa management
Postgrad Scientist

Secret fighting alcoholism.
A textbook functioning alcoholic. It just fucks up everythung in my life that is not absolutely essentially. Occasionally it creeps into those areas too.

You get to know the day after

How much do people here drink a day?
Me usually 10-15 uk units

Almost a year sober here. Strangely the only alcohol I crave anymore isnt the good stuff like single malt of seasonal beer, but ice cold malt liqour like i used to drink daily. Thats how I know its not a good idea yet.

Sounds about right.
More on special occasions - and the bar for "special" is fairly low

16 beers or most of a 26er + chasers.

I measure out a portion for the evening and lock the rest of the booze up in a timed safe. Or if I'm not drinking whisky, I'll only buy enough beer/wine for the evening. The key is knowing the sweet spot between getting a good buzz and not being too hung over for work.

750 ml of 40% alcohol or one bottle of wine and two 7% beers.

It's a major problem.

My whole career revolves around facilitating drinking. Having to go to work drunk is a constant risk

Fair play user

I smoked for 20 years and have nothing but pity for smokers. I wonder if I will ever reach that point with booze

I only really got interested in moderation after my boss had a meeting with me and was like "LOL why aren't you fired yet?"

when you get sweaty and shaky, and axious when you go a few hours without it. trust me, worse withdrawals ever, heroin guys are pussies, ive been there too, 10 years ago. the booze thing is constant tho. if ypu cant make it past five without a panic attack you need to go to a hospital, or very carefully and consistently wean off by about a quarter of your intake a day.

I was a heavy Narco abuser and withdrawals from that was a breeze compared to Xanax. That shit nearly killed me.

this

I drank 1 bottle of whiskey and 4 beers last night.
I woke up at 4pm this afternoon in bed naked with a bucket of vomit next to my head... needless to say I added to that pile of vomit and then went to the shop and bought another bottle of whiskey.
I also got 5.5 grams of weed but from a dodgy cunt and not from the shop.
I have problems and I'm drinking and smoking them away even though the drinking and smoking IS the problem but it's fine because I've got booze and weed.

exactly, thats why in alc detox theu give you benzos loke atavan or valium, basically Xanax. it emulates the alcohol molecule, basically tje same thing

When there's more people scowling than there are laughing.

god speed user. my live hurts

I've never get drunk (27 now). I drink a beer or two every time I go out with friends but that's all. It's all about preferences I guess.

mine, too, i think.

That's why you buy multiple bottles!

Well I only drink with friends and always have a plan where to sleep so I stop when I feel like it. ( always drink with a full stomach and drink water or other liquids) So far havent reached my limits. Most Ive drank so far was 10 shots of vodka and I stopped because was tired (lack of sleep for the prior two days).

OP here. I was more asking when do you stop drinking in your life, not in a night.

when it impacts other areas of your life.

when you don't feel bad anymore

Checked. Also do you drink and smoke alone? Or with friends?

If you're asking this question it probably means you should stop now

Used to drink and smoke with loads of mates.
Declining mental health and the fact I'm a bit of a dickhead means it's more often than not me getting fucked alone.
I've done so well recently but the past 3 days I've bought 2 bottles of whiskey (70cl, 28 units) and 24 beers.

But I've got a fifth of rye in my drawer

I start sweating.

Beautiful honesty user

The truth shall set you free

When i hate myself. Usually takes some.

Is it true that once an alcoholic always an alcoholic?

Right in the feels. Are you me?

And i've got a bottle of wine
I know i should quit, doesn't mean i will
But seriously consider it

Can we turn this into alcoholics of Sup Forums thread?
Post how old you are, how long you've been drinking and how much/often you drink?
Makes me feel less shit about myself

30, 2 years, 24 beers and a 26er a week. sometimes more

i keep meaning for it to be a once a week event but its escalating

>37m
>quit about a year ago after 15 years of very heavy beer consumption
There's life after alcoholism, man. It's a boring empty life, for me anyway, but you can get there. Keep your chin up.

28, drinking heavily since about 19, drinking nightly like 8-16 shots, sometimes I drink all day when I dont have shit to do.

if aged whiskey tastes better why don't they just age all the whiskey? i know the process would take awhile making more barrels and waiting a few years for the aging can't be that big a deal

When you start to feel dizzy, if you space it you will not

because then people cant put their nose up if their alcohol isn't 35 years old and made by an old man

This is pretty much the same as me, started at 16/17 and i'm 21 now
Im from the uk so drinking age is 18 but still

I don't see the fucking point in lying to myself or anons on Sup Forums.
Might as well tell it as it is.

I'm gonna say kinda.
Depends on the self-control.
I have none, so I will probably always be a fiend for alcohol even if I hate the taste of pretty much all of it.
A person with a lot of self-control could probably love the taste of booze but quit it cold-turkey immediately.

I was on a bottle a wine and a few beers day.
now approx three day a week a little less

Alcohol is funny, from age 18 to 20 I was drinking frequently in parties, and when I say drink I mean getting absolutely shit faced and throwing up multiple times. I always lasted all night, throwing up every now and then and drinking more after. Only few times I passed out.
Now after 5 years of not drinking a pint I can't tolerate alcohol at all. Few months ago I was at funeral and had to take a shot - I can bet if I took 2 more I would be on the floor.

I'm getting like that with tobacco and caffeine. Maybe I'll luck out and the same will happen with booze.

2 more you'd be on the floor.
Everyone walk the dinosaur?

A friend of mine was basically a functional alcoholic because he hated his job. Went to law school and drank hard every night of the first year due to stress. Got diagnosed with the early stage of cirrhosis and can now never drink again unless he wants to die soon
>his symptoms including bloating and weight gain while at the same time rarely eating due to no appetite. He ignored those as typical hangover type shit after a long bender. When he started puking all the time he decided to go to the doctor and got diagnosed

Anybody feeling bad health effects from alcohol?
For a while now i've had mild pain under my right ribs a few times a day, worried it might be the start of liver failure

I used to drink Negronis a lot.
>2 parts Plymouth gin
>1 part Campari
>1 part red vermouth
>over rocks, slice of orange to garnish
I used to keep the bottles in a cabinet slightly above eye-level so that they had to be retrieved while standing. When I could no longer reach the bottles, it was time to stop drinking.

When it stops hurting....n it never does

Dr says I have a fatty liver. Not sure how bad (or what it is)

31m
Vodka is my weakness.
I try to stick to 8% shit beer for the most part. But there was an awesome sale on vodka. 750ml for 15 bucks. Like 2 or maybe 3 days that will last me.
Been drinking since teenage but as soon as I turned 21 it became heavy. Only like 1- 3 times a year do I call out of work, only ever from over consumption of alcohol.
Been doing heroin recently. Like last 2 yrs, and I can limit myself to like 100 dollars a month on that shit, and it helps me drink less, so that's cool for now.

I meant passed out, not going mental on dance floor.

I'll tell you exactly when you know. This happened to me and my liver was basically shutting down with a nasty infection. I quit drinking for 5 days after drinking a liter of vodka a day. I didn't get any withdrawals what so ever. I had no money but I got paid 5 days later and decided to drink again.

The next morning, I woke up and thought I was on the verge of death.

>Entire insides were burning up and felt like I was on fire
>Could barely get out of bed, my legs were so weak I could barely walk on my own
>If I tried to eat anything or drink water, I would throw up
>If I touched a liquor bottle to my mouth, I would throw up
>I had no desire to eat or drink anything
>My vision was blurry and fucked up
>Had extremely dark urine
>Inconsistent diarrhea that was dark and runny
>Anxiety is through the roof at hypochondria levels, if I even sat on the toilet my legs would start shaking
>Non-stop panic attacks all day
>Only slept for two hours at a time then would wake up, would drink for a couple hours and repeat

I had to drink to make it go away and every day was like that for three weeks before I weened myself off. I finally went to a doctor 3 weeks later of this shit every day. I was about to kill myself, I couldn't do this every day.

My blood levels were 10 times the normal amount what they should be (Your GGTP levels). Mine were over 1,000+.

Non-alcoholics can get fatty liver. That just means there's fat deposits on it and it could be inflamed. Mine is too. The pain under your rib is like because the liver is enlarged.

Just read my post. That's a 1.75 L bottle, aka a "handle" here in the U.S.

>and it helps me drink less, so that's cool for now.
ahaha

and its hard to laugh. i got smoking cigs to get over weed and now im trying to quit cigs with alcohol.

it seems to work but at what cost

I dont drink that often but when i do i tend to drink til im dying. Im into fitness so i cant do this often or i wont workout and alcohol has a lot of calories. I used to smoke weed/eat edibles almost daily and i think if youre an alcoholic you should try to make the switch to marijuana if you can.

>Been doing heroin recently. Like last 2 yrs, and I can limit myself to like 100 dollars a month
You sure you spend that little, bro?

I forgot to include in that three week period when I ran out of money for a couple of days. My body wouldn't fall asleep. My heart would go erratic when I laid down and when I closed my eyes, I saw fucked up hallucinations and heard people talking to me.

It wasn't fun. I don't recommend it. If you drink heavy, ween yourself off of it because that ever happened to me again, I would kill myself.

Get a 1,000 mg milk thistle supplement to drink with water after you drink like an asshole. It helps a lot.

>(Your GGTP levels). Mine were over 1,000+.
You should be dead

Here’s a question.

What do you do when you’re drunk and alone Sup Forums?

Vidya or lurk this shithole.

When you cannot physically continue drinking.

I stopped because I got pancreatitis from alcoholism at 23. I was in the hospital over 15 times in less than a year. The worst pain I've ever felt. I've had back surgery, had teeth knocked out of my head, etc. The sad thing is I've been clean for nearly 3 years now and I still think about it every day.

I had a fatty liver from gorging on beer and garbage food after I got a sack of weed that gave me the munchies like never before. I didnt think anything of it until my shit started coming out beige/tan. You gotta google weird shit colors and my tan babadooks were a sign that my fatty liver was fucking up my ability to produce bile.

I’ve been sober since November 30 and it’s driving me crazy. I used to spend so much time and money drinking I don’t even know what to do with myself. The tremors are horrible

I quit drinking three months ago and I can't imagine going back. My poops are solid, I have energy and I actually feel like I want to live. I can enjoy things and I don't need to guzzle down 90 proof liquor just to feel okay.

Stop user. My family is full of alcoholics and I've seen people die from it. Both acute and long term. It's not a short or pleasant death. It's incredibly painful and when I watched my grandpa die in the hospital, that was my final push to quit.

His lung, liver and heart started failing simultaneously. He said no to a feeding tube because he just wanted the pain to end.

youtube wormholes or lurk this wasteland. Sláinte, user

I'm starting to get pains in my liver area. No idea why and too scared to go to a doctor. Its like a dull sometimes throbbing sometimes just dull ache. Been drinking consistently for about 8 years straight. Am I fucked?

Vidya, youtube, tv (intervention is a favourite, it makes me feel less shit, something i strive for), and then massive breakdowns and self harm on a bad day lol

When you wake up in the morning and your puss is completely clear, smells like vodka, and your fingertips and eyes are yellow. That's the start of a three day hangover and you can drink again when it's over, but you shouldn't.

Form one alchie to another. You need to smoke weed, but only until you get rid of the overpowering urges and physical withdrawals. After that YOU HAVE TO STAY BUSY. I got a 2nd job. It sucked at first, but now I love it, and i've been promoted at both jobs. You'll figure it out, man. Just deny your urge.

If you're getting tremors you need to drink. Next is seizures and hallucinations because your body's over-compensation for a lack of alcohol. You have to quit slowly.

>heavy drinking
>fifth lasts you 2-3 days.
>yeah okay.

I drink 600 ml of 90 proof vodka every day. Do I qualify?

Usually about 20 UK units.
In the past 3 days I've had 40+ and I'm still working my way through a bottle of Whyte And Mackay whiskey now.

This is what i have, i'm going to get a blood test soon and i'm absolutely shitting myself
Also, i have fairly regular runny shits. i thought this was due to unhygenic housemates but another user said it might be a sign of liver failure...fuck

taft just got added to my reactions folder. thanks, user. I needed that unexpected historical chuckle

That is professional drinking son.
We could hang.
I drinking traveller's club whiskey or Canadian hunter whiskey.
14 dollars for a half gallon, awwwyeah.

user again that's been clean for three months.

My early 20s, I lived in the bar. What did I get from it though? All those bar friends I made never talk to me, all those bartenders who were my "friend" don't talk to me or even acknowledge me since I quit going in. I was just a tip to them.

I was spending so much money and for what? I bought myself a new desk setup in the past month, I'm re-doing the office and got some new hardware on the way. My life used to be drastically searching for work so I could go out and drink. That was it.

The random fucks I met in bars went on to get knocked up by other people and now have kids they can't afford running around. Do I miss it? Absolutely. Being buzzed all day is the best feeling in the world but when it wears off or you run out of money, you're so fucking miserable.

I drink a lot but not enough to worry about killing myself or hiding alcohol around the house.
I'll have 1/2 pint of whiskey and a couple of beers most nights.
On special days I'll drink a bottle of wine or champagne.
I don't know when to stop I just get tired

Kamchatka here (if you're broke) is only $18 for a 1.7L bottle.

There's 100 proof vodka called Paramount for the same price but do not under any circumstances drink that fucking trash.

So I had been drinking about 1/2 of a bottle of bourbon or vodka a day since June I think. Near constantly wasted as a funational alcoholic when not at work gave me almost 100% diarrhea and an erratic heartbeat. I decided to stop earlier this month and went three weeks cold turkey until my mom (bless her heart didn't know I was a boozer) bought me some seasonal Christmas beer she kne I liked. I drank it all in one go. Now it's boring as fuck to he wasted. Thinking of joining a gym to get rid of all the drink weight I gained.

When you fuck your aunt and beat your grandma

Same here. If my anxiety gets bad, I'll have a couple beers during the day but I usually try to only drink at night. I don't drink myself to black outs and vomiting. I just get tired and go to bed when I start to get drunk.

I drink ~1-2 liters of whiskey a day.
For me, the trick is being honest with myself. I know how I feel, and I know when enough is enough. Usually because my body tells me I'm tired/ill/ready to go.
It varies on the daily, but it's trial and error and experience.
I never want to stop.