How the fuck does someone learn a new language? like what exactly am i supposed to be doing to learn a new langugage...

how the fuck does someone learn a new language? like what exactly am i supposed to be doing to learn a new langugage? i am just doing duolingo and watching these youtube videos but mon ne parlez pas francais

language course?

Isnt it je ne parle pas français?

i dont fucking know man

no moneys

Fait un voyage au Québec tu vas finir par parler français! Mtl city ftw

Duolingo is shit, you won't ever use the sentences that you learn in it. The best way to learn a language is to take courses or move out in a country which citizens speak it. If you wish to learn French move in Quebec, Canada, cuz immigrants are required to learn it to live here

This!

Just takes a while. I've been learning French for the past year or so, went to Belgium and could already sort-of get by. Just need to work on different tenses and numbers above 30 still.

That's right user

>Belgium
>French
Pick one
They speak fucking french pidgeon there

pe import akel pou1 vs voulé apprendr le fr vs comprendrais jamé se mistairieu lengaj

Learn the 100 most frequently used words in any language, then figure out the grammar as you go.
Make an effort to practice active recall of your information

tg

Il va parler Québecois pas Français

Best way to learn a language is to keep talking, keep writing, keep reading and keep fucking everything up.

After fucking up so many times you realize that, somehow, you're finally doing things right. Never be afraid to make mistakes. It only makes you better.

haha batard ^^

Èmdéhair ses sur ke la personne va pijé chapo chapo

that is good ground work
but to really become fluent at any level you need to speak in the language with people that speak it as well

why would you want to learn that arabic language

it's latin based but sure

No one knows what you're talking about

francais en montreal est different que francais en france.

Montreal french sucks, learn proper french.

The only way to learn is from another human. Try the Alliance Française if you want to learn French

Quebecois are huge cucks

Yeah, I can tell.

Like the whole banning shop keepers from saying "Hi" and forcing them to say "bonjour".

They act pretentious as fuck but they speak trash tier french.

They are the ones

okay, serious tiem. You have all sorts of youtube and streaming radio, right? find a show (start with kid shows) and just watch/listen. it takes time, and you'll get frustrated, but it'll give you a leg up on just simply book studying a language. oh, also book study a language otherwise it won't work.

I speak two languages.
Three, if you count the dialect from where i was born (and you should, because it might as well be a completely different language, it's so fucked up).

I'm going to give this piece of advice to OP, and to anyone here that has only spoken english their entire life and udnerstanding other languages is too alien to them:

Immerse yourself in it.
Learn the barebone basics, and then throw yourself into a situation where you HAVE to learn else you can't talk to other people.
Back in the day i browsed english forums all day and i had to learn, or i literally couldn't talk to anyone.
It seems rough but you have to understand that every human being is hardcoded to adapt, it's in our genes, language is just another tool you use to survive, if you put yourself in a situation where your back is against the wall, you'll be amazed by how quickly your brain forces itself to adapt to the situation.
Learn languages out of necessity, not as a "side thing".
MAKE it a necessity by putting yourself in a situation from wich you can't escape, your brain will do the rest, trust me.

Also do this too.
Don't focus on the language but rather focus on entertainment made in that language.
Again, make it a necessity by tricking yourself into having to understand, it's a sort of self imposed carrot on a stick scenario.

Encucuclélé

Would you say forums are a good place to start? Too poor to travel

Yes, i used forums myself back in the day and it definitely worked.
Early Sup Forums also worked.

The problem is that right now forums are more rare and slow, and chan sites, even of the appropriate language, are full of crazy made up terms so relying on them these days would lead you to become a memespouting retard.
So you can use forums but just keep in mind they'll be slow, and small.
Also as that other guy said watch tons of youtube content in that language on youtube etc.
Watch some shows/content exclusive to that language that you're interested in.

Thanks for the advice