Mets @ Marlins game thread

where is the thread edition

Harvey vs. Straily

i-is this the gamethreead?

Seems like it, but day games already have barely any posts and the whole easter thing means there's gonna be like 15 posts for the whole game.

yeah family it's gonna be slow with easter going on and nba/nhl playoffs as well

wew harvey already struggling

shovel hockey webm when

>easter
B-but the memes said americans don't celebrate

I don't celebrate.
Might be because my mother's sister was murdered on easter so I never even learned what I was supposed to be celebrating.

keith saying he doesn't like the socks because he's lived there? Does he not watch movies that take place in NY?
Guy is a whackjob

holy fuck
what happened?

>Might go 2-5 against the Marlins

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>he doesnt come from a broken family where every holiday has been ruined to the point that he avoids society on social occasions and shitposts on a Chinese Checkers Board

I don't really know because it was like 15 years before I was born and it's not something I've ever really wanted to know more about, but the basics are that my mother's older sister was killed by her fiancé on Easter when she (my mother) was like 18. Technically I should say allegedly killed by her fiancé because he was never proven guilty, but he was never proven guilty because he completed suicide before his trial date.

shit, i forgot it was a day game

>its a mets get no hit by a literally who

>it's a mets have zero offense while cespedes is slumping episode

>Mike Stanton

if our top 3 starting pitchers pitch three straight games going 6+ innings with 2 R or less and we lose all three, that's a problem

No doubt the Mets would have at least 1 hit today if Confoto was in the lineup

flores at 3rd, cabrera at 3rd, fucking get wright out there at 3rd

reyes needs to stop playing

delete

Torching our bullpen is a good way to make this happen more frequently, aka making our pitchers go 6 innings rather than 7 or 8. Degrom, rolling, mows the guys down, under 100 pitches, Should have been sent out for the 8th

mets getting no-hit through 5, this is fine

Harvey's dealing too, knock wood

yeah it would almost be better if we were getting blown out. having to watch these great pitching performances getting wasted day after day is seriously getting old.

>wasted
We are in these games, we will win them too.

i mean 2 of them have already been wasted this series.

>We are in these games
we're being no-hit. obviously could change, but we're not in shit as of right now.

>within one run
Game can literally be changed with one swing of the bat, the amount of games that are no hitters through the 5th is probably ridiculous

we're one run down as a club whose only contact goes out of the park

>you can retreat so you can fight another day

why the fuck did that make me laugh so hard

i'm sure it's fewer than you're imagining. this is an overarching problem w/ the mets though, they have absolutely no ability to string together hits. we shouldn't be praying every game that one of our 50 long popups goes out of the park.

as Gary just said it literally just happened last night.

and that was clearly a rare occurrence, as evidenced by his next comment. meanwhile the mets are looking to make it 6 innings.

i know the game is obviously winnable. but are you seriously trying to tell me that this offense isn't a massive problem because sometimes other teams go 5 hitless? the only reason we're in this game is because harvey is as good as he is.

>and that was clearly a rare occurrence, as evidenced by his next comment
the rare part of it was scoring 10+ runs after being no hit for 5

inb4 the bullpen no hits us as well

>boar

should be benched immediately if mattingly has balls

kek that barrel roll slide

Call of the year by the umpire

>sliding without ever touching the plate
sad!

>marlins

That wasn't a challenge? Why?

were you watching the game? he literally didn't touch the plate

Yes I am telling you that because the mets have three players in the top 15 in RBIs, clearly they can drive the ball in.
Fuck off you autistic tripfag

Catcher blocked the plate before he got the ball. Pretty sure that's a reviewable play.

>what is a small sample size
yes the mets hit the shit out of the ball in the bandbox that is CBP, clearly they're one of the more complete hitting teams in the league

>currently being no-hit by dan strailly and the marlins bullpen
hmm

when cespedes isn't hitting, this team is impotent at the plate. you can thank kevin long for that much.

It doesnt count as a no hitter when one starter is batting .090 on the season, r-right?

TERRY WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PULLING PITCHERS AND CRASHING YOUR BULLPEN WITH NO SURVIVORS

>mest

>CBP
Darnaud had 4 rbi in the one game he had in this park
Cespedes hit 2 homers in this park.
Bruce and Duda can drive in the ball, Cabrera is hitting well, Conforto too, off the bench, you're being a doomsaying retard.

>>>when cespedes isn't hitting
cespedes is 0-10 since his 2 HR game. what have the mets done since then? no one is "doomsaying" you fuck, if you seriously cannot recognize that this team has a massive problem on offense when yoenis isn't hot you're delusional. the exact same thing has happened for the last one and a half years whenever he's cold.

>Implying Bruce isn't a more proven offensive player and run producer than cespedes
It's not like the mets were shut out over the last two games, they literally were both lost at the end of the game
No team is going to score 6 runs a game

Hasn't every game this series(excluding this one, not being over yet) been decided on one run? Maybe the next series will be different.

except the mets have only scored 6 runs over their last THREE games.

>Implying Bruce isn't a more proven offensive player and run producer than cespedes
hahahahahahahaha. alright bud.
this series isn't going to define the season or anything. but when people in this very thread can't recognize the problems this team has, it's pretty fucking odd. the mets didn't change anything in their lineup from last season, don't know why people think we're some sort of offensive juggernaut now.

HIT

oh thank god

>no no-hitter shitposting

Bruce has been a 30 home run 100 rbi guy for about 10 years, Cespedes for 5, so yea, I'd say bruce is more proven.

Kill yourself, hue

I thought the team was about Long Ball and Strong Rotation. Didn't really seem the type to be like Blue Jays.

the team is exactly about the long ball and our pitching. therefore in games like this where we hit a thousand warning track popups and the rotation doesn't throw a shutout, we lose. it'll be that way until kevin long is fired or the rotation breaks down or breaks up.

It's not just long it's also the management, The Mets have not signed any speedy players or contact hitters over the past 4 years, they literally have no ability to score outside of taters and gappers

yeah that's also huge. i was really excited to get reyes back, but then they never actually let him steal a base. we found the slowest latinos in the world with flores/cabrera and the second fastest player on the team is unironically cespedes. it's a lineup optimized only to hit home runs, so when they can't do that we get near no-hit.

doesn't help that the contact hitters we DO have, like conforto and rivera, ride the bench while granderson and reyes play every day.

Rude

the fact that reyes is playing is baffling, we seem to forget we signed him to a fucking minor league contract originally last year.

i wake up to this shit? i shoulda stayed in bed. what's goin on.

Double play incoming, please strike out

You're being beaten by a better and hungrier team.

>mfw Reyes HR

lol

BASED ASSDRIBBLE!!!!!!!!!!

>marlels

get fucked haters

Fuck you you doomsaying tripfag bitch,
LET'S
GO
METS

>marlels

ASS DRIBBLE

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SERIES

God damn

HOLY SHIT BASED FUCKING ASSDRIBBLE

>having a guy with an ERA of 9.00 as your closer

Dog bless ass dribble

The series has been absolute cancer

>yfw 16 innings today

My entire family is eating while I'm in front of the TV. The Mets are my family now

>not faking sick to get of dinner and staying home alone for 12+ hours

who do the marlins even have left in their bullpen? mattingly seems to refuse to use ramos unless he gets a lead

They're not using Ramos today. That's what the Marlins Broadcast are saying.

Why doesnt Ichiro retire?
I get it, future hall of famer trying to squeeze every last ounce of baseball he has.
He's batting under .100 and not playing everyday, and one of 4 pinch hitters. Causing more harm than good.

because he was .291 last year. He wasn't doing great 2015 as well.

i think he just likes baseball too much

cause ichiro is a samurai, he will play until he can't play anymore.

THANK YOU BASED CESPEDES
THANK YOU BASED ASS DRIBBLE
THANK YOU SHITTY MARLINS 3B COACH

>running on Cespedes
>ever

>why is he still at a job that pays him millions a year to sit around and occasionally pinch hit for 2 minutes twice a week?

think about it again and decide if you still want to ask this question

MY FUCKING HEART

BASEDPEDES

Wow what an amazing game

FUCK

Gonna kill myself

Cya tuesday

OH FUCK THAT SHIT

well that was an unfortunate turn of events

well that was gay as fuck

riddle me this with the walkoff
lol at mets!
HAHA!

That was a questionable call from 3B coach.

However, new kid JT Riddle with his first HR.

GG, Mets. This series was a blast

fuck this shit

great way to get your first career hr but fuck this shit