What do we think about this?

what do we think about this?

If you text, never drive.

How in holy hell do you mount a jersey barrier?!

I really feel bad for Thomas, it must be devastating and I can't imagine how he's going to play tonight. But at the same time his sister almost certainly would have lived if she had her seatbelt on so I don't feel quite as bad for her.

this, she was committing suicide

lmao

How do you even do this lmao

if you end up in an accident like this maybe it's a message that you shouldn't be alive

>killed
Stupid pole!

>The police report said she wasn’t wearing a seat belt – a witness said the car had drifted off the road before striking a barrier.
She literally asked to die.

why was she driving a shitbox

bigger cars are safer

Maybe his brother was wise. She literally died in a shitbox; imagine how many people she would have killed in a V.

Why was Isaiah Thomas's sister driving a 1997 Toyota Camry. It's his fault for being a stingy fuck

Fucking F

I feel for the leprechaun. I'll win that one for da Ston'

He'll*

I meant why does she drive a beat up old car (the rear bumper is even different colour) when her brother is rich
doesn't need a V but a new camry could have made a difference desu

>A witness said the car was traveling normally at first before it started drifting onto the left shoulder. The car went about 50 feet off the roadway before colliding with a Jersey barrier.

wut

Cellphones, user.

Newer cars don't make people less stupid. I have seen people frauding the seatbelt noise by pulling the passenger seatbelt and clicking it to the drivers'.

>5am
>wrong side of road
>no seatbelt

The driver was an alcohol

On a side note, why does she drive a worse car then my grandparents

maybe she is a shitty driver and backed into another car recently

wear your seat belt

newer cars are better at absorbing shock desu

also seatbelt is really gud for keeping you tied down when you speed and not just for safety, idk why normies are so against it, doesn't make them cool skipping it

>pulling the passenger seatbelt

kek, easier ways to go about it
still begs the question of her relationship with her brother

>women driving skills

maybe she didn't want charity from her brother out of a sense of shame or misplaced pride or something. I've done the same

>wasn't wearing seatbelt

hard for me to give a shit about suicidal idiots. Also the description of the accident (drifted on her own off the road) highly indicates that she was texting in my opinion.

Maybe his brother was wise and told the bitch to fuck off with her life.
>basketball players already have a ton of drug dealers to pay

>people frauding the seatbelt noise by pulling the passenger seatbelt and clicking it to the drivers'
>going to additional effort in order to increase the likelihood of killing yourself
blacks win this round

>the person whom I saw doing this is, actually, black
is, and will always be, right.

...how do you even do that

she'll be fine

>Newer cars don't make people less stupid.
If anything, newer cars allow people to pay less attention to driving, leading to more accidents.
Fuck all of those new subsystems in cars.

you're the one heavily shilling those features so you shouldn't be upset

I think only cars with that retarded stop-start system are german too, idk about lexus cuz were too stupid to purchase reasonable things

LOL

>you're the one heavily shilling those features so you shouldn't be upset
I drive a 1999 Daewoo, I surely am not shilling anything.

>Not wearing seatbelt

im betting she fell asleep

sorry I got carried away

when is she getting out of hospital?

I think wearing a seatbelt shouldn't be obligatory.
If people want to not do it, let them. Their fault if they die, no?

normies think it makes then uncool

Is alright.
VW cars are terrible, if you want to hear my opinion on it.
Hell, I'd rather buy another 2000 built car than any of this shit built today.

more pics?

>it's another episode of biker dies in helmet law protest
>he could be saved if he was wearing a helmet

>one less reckless driver on the roads, endangering innocent people

Tough luck, but by not wearing a seatbelt you really don't endanger other drivers, which is why I think it's the driver's decision.

them*
I guess VW is necessary evil cuz it helps porsche, but sadly they will probably go down the SUV blight as well, it's a sad fucking day when people can more easily recognize a cayenne than a 911

why would you not wear a seatbelt? I really don't understand the reasons behind it. It seems like a trivial thing to do compared to the fact that it could have saved someones life in a situation like this

>If people want to not do it, let them. Their fault if they die, no?
fuck no, it also puts innocent people at risk when they fly through the windshield.

>necessary evil
They are a complete shithouse and are more or less their automotive suppliers.
That's the way it is with every big car producer though.

Has there been a case where someone injured/died due to someone flying through the windshield?

And it takes less than a second to put it on

People do it here because they delude themselves into thinking it is a Libertarian protest of government overreach.

you kinda do, by not wearing a seatbelt you're more prone to sliding out of your seat if you take a corner at high speed and you wont have anything to support you if you brake heavily

and I guess it maybe wouldn't have been an issue for your average ecobox but even a honda civic can pull some serious Gs in corners nowadays

>if you take a corner at high speed
So i.e. if you are a moron. Well then a case could be made for not allowing the driver to drink water while driving. Or disallowing smoking while driving.

yes. Also cases where someone not wearing a seatbelt in the backseat goes forward and kills someone in the front seat.

>you don't really endanger other drivers

You do when your body becomes a missile flying out the windshield when you crash into someone head on. It should absolutely be mandatory to wear a seatbelt.

I'm surprised he didn't buy his sister a better car.

it also endangers your passengers

flying corpses are dangerous

light chuckle tbf

you've got to be shitting me, that's like protesting that governments don't allow someone to break into your house and shoot you

yeah but I'm talking about a hypothetical where you don't recklessly understeer/oversteer but lose control since there was nothing to hold you in your seat. especially relevant as general driving dynamics improve and going around a seemingly light bend 50 over the limit will be become more accesible
bit of a kek m8

Yeah I know. Laws like were specifically meant to protect idiots from themselves, yet they still don't get the hint.

You know when you're playing Grand Theft Auto and you get your car stuck on top of a barrier like this? You try to rock the car back and forth to get it free but the wheels won't touch down. The car is permanently stuck on the barrier. It's always a bitch when that happens so you chuck a grenade or something. rip Chyna Thomas. Sorry you were wasted.

>Also cases where someone not wearing a seatbelt in the backseat goes forward and kills someone in the front seat.
Different, as that is within the car, driver has the say there.
Anyway, I have never heard of such a case. How often does this happen?

See: the thing I'm discussing with the other American.

is it not mandatory in the US? here you get a hefty fine for it which is a big driving case of why normies are so against seatbelts, cuz cops and law are uncool xDDD
>tfw hunting rifles (the most readily accessible firearms here) are forbidden for home defense here

was a big case couple of decades ago when some rich guy shot a home invader but luckily logic prevailed and he didn't get jailed

>I'm talking about a hypothetical where you don't recklessly understeer/oversteer but lose control since there was nothing to hold you in your seat.
I don't think that happens. But it is a fair point, I suppose.

maybe not often but it can. specially for some rich school girl trashing her dads m5

I don't see how rate of occurrence should affect a law being created to protect citizens. If robbery only happened once in a while, you suggest we wouldn't need laws against?

>going through that extra effort to not wear a seatbelt

For what fucking purpose?

>is it not mandatory in the US?
I'm pretty sure it is now. Not too long ago it used to be state by state.

>meet friend of a friend of a friend to smoke and hang out
>sit outside having a good time
>asks if we want to go off roading (slowly and safely) in his very nice trick
>agree
>half an hour later
>notice the truck is softly dinging because his seatbelt is off
>bring it up
>"oh yeah it doesn't stop, i never wear my seat belt"
>my face when

there's even some fake seatbelt thingie you can plug in and some people even mess with the computer so it doesn't ding anymore. not sure if sad or funny
it's a smart law. seatbelt is by and large the best safety feature ever

>fake seatbelt thingie
It's just a seatbelt clip without the strap

yeah that's it

Apples and oranges. With this line of reasoning, everything that is not driving should be banned while driving. Smoking, changing the radio station, et cetera.

NBA scriptwriters are coming up with new ideas

looking for expendable family members and offing them. gotta make a story for tv.